PDA

View Full Version : "Owen field is not as nice as our stadium"

picasso
6/24/2007, 11:38 PM
this was said by a friend and his wife who visited Norman recently.

yes, they are oSu types. grown adults too.

Aggie at his finest.

BASSooner
6/24/2007, 11:48 PM
ask them if they will post important years on their new stadium

Soonerus
6/24/2007, 11:57 PM
OSU stadium not as nice as some high schools...true story...

RADsooner
6/25/2007, 12:21 AM
Tulsa Union to start with

goingoneight
6/25/2007, 12:32 AM
Coincidence... I heard that carp from an Agroid friend at Grand Lake this weekend. He was ****ed that the "Sooner" Pro-Fishing dealio played 'Boomer Sooner,' so he decided to vent in front of a bunch of OU and Arkansas fans.

I pushed him overboard... :D Good thing we're friends, I guess.

And I second the OSU stadium being teh succ.

Reasons why:
1. It is orange... everywhere.
2. There is a freaking cattle gate in their home players tunnel.
3. There is a funky whistling noise that can be heard even when the whole stadium is packed.
4. There are no accomplishments outside of Barry's Heisman documented... wonder why?
5. It is orange... EVERYWHERE.
6. Boone is building extra soon-to-be-empty seats to watch the world's greatest offense.
7. There is hair gel residue everywhere.
8. Fake grass.
9. Cross-eyed (and stolen :mad:) mascot.
10. Stolen Texas Aggies traditions, which sucked before they were "adopted."
11. It's orange... EVERYWHERE!!!

Ash
6/25/2007, 12:35 AM
That's like me saying that my avatar is better than RADsooner's avatar.

goingoneight
6/25/2007, 12:40 AM
Something wrong with Sammy? At least he won a few things worth mentioning, right? :D

Ash
6/25/2007, 12:45 AM
Something wrong with Sammy? At least he won a few things worth mentioning, right? :D

heh

picasso
6/25/2007, 12:49 AM
hey I understand that the new Butt Pickens stadium is going to be state of the art and quite shiny and nice. Still though, Owen field is like going to church and it's not like we haven't been spending money to add to what we already had.:rolleyes:

oSu will have shiny new digs and still be putting less fans in the place than we were filling in 1973.

goingoneight
6/25/2007, 12:59 AM
Booner = build it and they will come...

Reality = win, and they will come...

Ash
6/25/2007, 01:12 AM
hey I understand that the new Butt Pickens stadium is going to be state of the art and quite shiny and nice. Still though, Owen field is like going to church and it's not like we haven't been spending money to add to what we already had.:rolleyes:

oSu will have shiny new digs and still be putting less fans in the place than we were filling in 1973.

It will be shiny and new, and I'm sure some aspects will be nice. But there's more to a place than the shine you put on it.

Then again, their players run out of a cattle chute, it doesn't get any gooder than that.:rolleyes:

SoonersEnFuego
6/25/2007, 08:26 AM
3. There is a funky whistling noise that can be heard even when the whole stadium is packed.

When has that ever happened? When OU fans fill it up for ******?

OKLA21FAN
6/25/2007, 08:36 AM
OSU stadium not as nice as some high schools...true story...
what are you talking about?

its the nicest EAST/WEST field in the country!

OUMonster
6/25/2007, 08:56 AM
Owen Field will still be nicer than BPS. Period.

They can add a brick facade, empty club seats, coaches offices, brandings on stall doors, etc. but it still will be a polished version of the old thing and it will still have a basketball arena where a real big-time stadium would have 15K+ fans.

Look to Lubbock for your stadium competition, ags.

Taxman71
6/25/2007, 09:03 AM
This thread shows why you simply waste time arguing with an aggie. Logic never enters the conversation.

Fraggle145
6/25/2007, 09:51 AM

Unfortunately I thought that was Oregon.

soonerloyal
6/25/2007, 10:28 AM
Has anyone checked the lead levels in the Stillwater water supply lately?
:rolleyes:

MichiganSooner
6/25/2007, 10:51 AM

No, it's not. The nicest east/west stadium in the country is Midland Stadium in Midland, MI home of the Midland High Chemics and the Midland Dow Chargers high school teams.

It compares with Union/Broken Arrow stadiums and is the home of some of the best large school football in the state of Michigan. No rust anywhere either.

homerSimpsonsBrain
6/25/2007, 10:58 AM
BPS is the FINEST stadium in not just football, but all of sports!!

Now, where did I leave that labotomy tool? My brain is itching again.....

OUDoc
6/25/2007, 12:35 PM
Maybe they were literally comparing our field to their stadium. Ask them if they know we have a stadium there too.

TopDawg
6/25/2007, 12:50 PM
Maybe they were literally comparing our field to their stadium. Ask them if they know we have a stadium there too.

This was my thought, too.

But even then...the aggie is wrong.

OUDoc
6/25/2007, 01:03 PM
this was said by a friend and his wife who visited Norman recently.

yes, they are oSu types. grown adults too.

Aggie at his finest.
Next time, just pay him for the burger and drive away.

fadada1
6/25/2007, 04:09 PM
turd + paint = turd w/ paint

goingoneight
6/25/2007, 10:14 PM
When has that ever happened? When OU fans fill it up for ******?

That would be the only time I ever went... and heard it. :D Seriously, everyone gets wind, unless they're in a domed (enclosed) stadium, and when the wind comes sweeping down the Stool, it sounds like the whistling noise when you whistle a beer bottle.

OSUAggie
6/25/2007, 10:30 PM
turd + paint = turd w/ paint

Sherwin Williams is now charging a quarter-billion for a few gallons? The amenities are already better than Owen Field, and they will continue to be in the future.

The tradition, people in the seats, etc.., will always be on OU's side, but the "nicer" place to watch a game (just taking it as a game, not taking into account the more prestigious team, whether or not you hate orange, blah blah blah) is in Stillwater.

If you disagree, you better have been to both places in the past 12-18 months.

goingoneight
6/25/2007, 10:36 PM
Because that real grass, all those accomplishments painted up high on the press box, the cross-eyed mascot, the "half-full" gameday turnouts and the rustoleum look TOTALLY owns us, right?

Ash
6/25/2007, 11:32 PM
Sherwin Williams is now charging a quarter-billion for a few gallons? The amenities are already better than Owen Field, and they will continue to be in the future.

The tradition, people in the seats, etc.., will always be on OU's side, but the "nicer" place to watch a game (just taking it as a game, not taking into account the more prestigious team, whether or not you hate orange, blah blah blah) is in Stillwater.

The fact that it is in Stoolwater makes this statement untrue.

Then you have to factor in that the pukes are playing on the field. Strike two.

And yeah, it'll be reeel purdy when it's all new and shiny, but just give those mouthbreathers a few years to "break it in" and it'll be nothing but an overpriced POS.

Let me put it in terms pukes might understand: it's like landscaping your trailer lot. After a while the grass is dead 'cause the dog crapped all over it and the kids won't stop ridin' their dirt bikes on it. The sheep ate all your flowers. And Uncle Cephas still ****es where he damn well pleases after a few (dozen) beers and your BIL still parks his truck right in the middle of it. So there goes your plan for classin' up the place.

picasso
6/25/2007, 11:34 PM

nicer how? prettier to look at? Owen field has new digs too. umm the new upper deck is umm new and stuff. nice bathrooms and such. it's really amazing how cool umm new stuff is and ****.
again. please do not preach to us about nice football stadiums. you Pokes don't know **** when it comes to anything football.

XingTheRubicon
6/26/2007, 12:33 AM
Can't you guys just let them be proud of their new digs?

When most of your week is spent shopping for cheap tractor gas, dreaming of freshly painted terminally empty club seats that you can't afford is a welcome distraction.

goingoneight
6/26/2007, 12:47 AM
They won't ever have the gameday atmosphere Norman does, either. Outside of maybe Eskimo Joes, how many bars are packed elbow-to-elbow with people from all over the country just there to chill and see a game? Bricktown is full of Sooner faithful on gameday as well. How many people tailgate at OSU versus OU?

These are things Booner never took into account before he blew his load on BSU athletics. Yeah, build yourself a nice baseball stadium or basketball arena, build yourself a wrestling dealio... something you're good at. You CANNOT buy tradition. And a mid-70's man won't live to see the day if you could. It took most programs ages before they were considered "powers." And a great majority of them never got $165 Million donations, they just worked hard and won. The fan support and $$$ came soon afterward.

stoopified
6/26/2007, 05:46 AM
ask them if they will post important years on their new stadium
By this I'm guessing you mean years when they beat OU,since confrence titles and NCs are beyond aggy grasp.

Taxman71
6/26/2007, 06:59 AM
The only good thing about watching a football game in Stoolwater is you can get there 10 minutes before kickoff and park 50 feet from the stadium. Pretty convenient not having that many fans around.

OUMonster
6/26/2007, 07:52 AM

You are 100% wrong, and I have been to a game in both stadiums recently. Was the OU/OSU game last November not late enough for Stillwater?

Exactly what amenities are better and how in the name of all that is holy was that a better place to watch a game? It was the same tier II college football atmosphere, same views as 5-10 years ago, and it still takes 25 minutes to get from the restroom to your seat even in a non-construction zone due to congestion (much longer than even getting into the student section at OU).

This is like someone saying the Bricktown Ballpark in OKC is a better place to watch a game than the Ballpark in Arlington because it was built (or renovated) ever so slightly more recently therefore it must be "nicer".

OSUAggie
6/26/2007, 10:06 AM
You are 100% wrong, and I have been to a game in both stadiums recently. Was the OU/OSU game last November not late enough for Stillwater?

Exactly what amenities are better and how in the name of all that is holy was that a better place to watch a game? It was the same tier II college football atmosphere, same views as 5-10 years ago, and it still takes 25 minutes to get from the restroom to your seat even in a non-construction zone due to congestion (much longer than even getting into the student section at OU).

This is like someone saying the Bricktown Ballpark in OKC is a better place to watch a game than the Ballpark in Arlington because it was built (or renovated) ever so slightly more recently therefore it must be "nicer".

BPS has more places to **** per seat, more places to buy food per seat, they serve alcohol in the club seats, and you can re-enter the game.

picasso
6/26/2007, 10:10 AM
BPS has more places to **** per seat, more places to buy food per seat, they serve alcohol in the club seats, and you can re-enter the game.
that's because your stadium is tiny. holy crap man.

again, we were putting more butts in the seats in 1973.

OUMonster
6/26/2007, 10:50 AM

Where is this data for the restrooms and concessions? Neither place has finished with their restroom construction/renovation. A person could stay at home, wheel a 20-inch TV and mini-fridge in front of the john and watch the game from there but that doesn't make it a better place to watch a game than Owen Field.

Also, alcohol in club seats and being able to re-enter the game are policies and do not make for a better stadium.

Taxman71
6/26/2007, 11:26 AM
According to the logic used by the aggies, Notre Dame Stadium may be the worst place to watch a football game in America.....largely because they couldn't play every song clip with the word "cowboy" in it or let their students hold up their "Stoops We Did It Again" signs.

OSUAggie
6/26/2007, 11:48 AM
....largely because they couldn't play every song clip with the word "cowboy" in it ....

That is pretty f'in gay.

OKLA21FAN
6/26/2007, 11:53 AM
Also, alcohol in club seats and being able to re-enter the game are policies and do not make for a better stadium.

it does when you give up a gagillion 2nd half points to the Horns year after year on the east/west field :pop:

silverwheels
6/26/2007, 12:21 PM
Who cares what they say? It's not like Owen Field is a craphole. Yes, BPS will be more up-to-date with amenities and technology, but when I step foot in Memorial Stadium, I get goosebumps. When I watch the pre-game video, the Sooners taking the field, and the National Anthem being played, it brings a tear to my eye. Why? Because OU football is football in this state. When you're there in person, you're immersed in tradition; you're in a stadium where winners have played before. OU football has been, is, and will always be bigger and better than OSU football, regardless who has the prettier stadium.

Taxman71
6/26/2007, 01:12 PM
Not to beat a dead horse, but when I step into Lewis Field, I think of the many high school games I have seen there first...and only a couple of OU-OSU games thereafter.

IndianJack
6/26/2007, 01:19 PM
Now all the pokes' need to do is settle on one shade of orange for the coaches, players and Boone's sweater collection. My 64 count crayola box didn't have that many shades of orange. Seriously, the OSU sideline at last year's ****** game had more orange hues than the Oklahoma County Jail. Perhaps Sheriff Whetsel and his staff were brought in as uniform/coaches' shirts consultants. Talk about Orange (jumpsuit) Power. I didn't even know Boone was color-blind.

OSUAggie
6/26/2007, 01:37 PM
Now all the pokes' need to do is settle on one shade of orange for the coaches, players and Boone's sweater collection. My 64 count crayola box didn't have that many shades of orange. Seriously, the OSU sideline at last year's ****** game had more orange hues than the Oklahoma County Jail. Perhaps Sheriff Whetsel and his staff were brought in as uniform/coaches' shirts consultants. Talk about Orange (jumpsuit) Power. I didn't even know Boone was color-blind.

Even though OU has two shades of 'red' or 'crimson' or whatever the **** on their jersey...

picasso
6/26/2007, 02:18 PM
please. no uniform smack, being an oSu fan, you are not qualified.

nice effin fonts and numbers. what are you, an arena football team?

wishbonesooner
6/26/2007, 02:30 PM
Look Ag, there are some things you have no credibility to even discuss with a Sooner fan. Going to game in Norman borders on a religious experience. There have been more great players in that stadium than you can even comprehend. Going to a game in Stillwater just makes the opposition fans want to take a shower. Fans around the Big 12 refer to OSU as "budget aggies"

CobraKai
6/26/2007, 03:04 PM
This is honestly ridiculous. I would ask any sane OSU fan to answer this question carefully and then apply it to the football situation. If OU spends a bunch of cash to update the Field House and makes it the nicest 5,000 seat arena you can imagine...plasma screens everywhere, oak stained bathroom stalls, etc. Would Cowboy fans then admit that it is WAY nicer than GIA? @#$%^ no they wouldn't!!!! Why? Because it is not!!! The Big House is not killer because it has great amenities. It is killer because it is freaking big! Same with the Rose Bowl. Tennessee. It goes on and on. Having a killer 60,000 seat stadium allows you to blow KSU out of the water, but it does not put you in the same league as Michigan. It just doesn't! If you think it does then you must admit that a newly renovated field house could own GIA, and that is equally absurd.

By the way, in today's dollars OU spent the equivalent of almost $175 million renovating a stadium that was light years ahead of yours. We just finished a few years ago. It is not like we are sitting on an old stadium. We just dumped tons of money into a pretty nice stadium. You are dumping a little bit more into a hovel. It is as simple as that.

OSUAggie
6/26/2007, 03:35 PM
If OU were to do that to the field house, then yes, it would have better amenities than Gallagher-Iba, which is all that I said BPS had on GFOMS.

It doesn't mean it's a better play; it just means that it has better things in place to help a fan enjoy the experience.

And $175 million doesn't even cover the cost of the WEZ construction.

fadada1
6/26/2007, 03:58 PM
stadium smack from a poke. that's rich!!!!

BPS still wouldn't be better than owen field if there were 50K jessica alba's (strike that, 28K jessica alba's) waiting in each seat with a bottle of astro-glide and a smile.

CobraKai
6/26/2007, 04:12 PM
If OU were to do that to the field house, then yes, it would have better amenities than Gallagher-Iba, which is all that I said BPS had on GFOMS.

It doesn't mean it's a better play; it just means that it has better things in place to help a fan enjoy the experience.

My house has better amenities then most football stadiums...granite counter tops throughout. A pool. Plasma TVs. Solid wood floors. Covered parking. That does not make me look like a complete and total fool for claiming that it is nicer than Memorial Stadium. The bottom line is that OSU is getting into the game after generations of neglect, but they are not leapfrogging OU, Texas, Michigan, or several other teams. Many OSU fans do not agree with that notion.

Perhaps you could breakdown the exact spending amounts since $175 mm couldn't build the end zone seats.

colleyvillesooner
6/26/2007, 04:13 PM

That's because there's a mad dash to the bathroom to vomit and the food stand to graze when the pukes are down 35-3

colleyvillesooner
6/26/2007, 04:14 PM
My house has better amenities then most football stadiums...granite counter tops throughout. A pool. Plasma TVs. Solid wood floors. Covered parking. That does not make me look like a complete and total fool for claiming that it is nicer than Memorial Stadium. The bottom line is that OSU is getting into the game after generations of neglect, but they are not leapfrogging OU, Texas, Michigan, or several other teams. Many OSU fans do not agree with that notion.

Perhaps you could breakdown the exact spending amounts since $175 mm couldn't build the end zone seats.

Is the covered parking for your Yukon?

CobraKai
6/26/2007, 04:19 PM
Is the covered parking for your Yukon?

Ha... No. I need better gas mileage.

CobraKai
6/26/2007, 04:20 PM
BTW, my house may not actually have all those features...just making a point. ;)

OSUAggie
6/26/2007, 04:39 PM
That's because there's a mad dash to the bathroom to vomit and the food stand to graze when the pukes are down 35-3

We don't vomit when down 35-3. We vomit when we're up 35-3.

OSUAggie
6/26/2007, 04:52 PM

OSU isn't even approaching the college football coliseums of Ohio State, Michigan, Tennessee, OU, Penn State, Texas, Nebraska, 2/3 of the SEC, FSU, the Coliseum, Rose Bowl, whatever, because those places have a couple of things that BPS doesn't:

1. Asses in (all of) the seats
2. History

Again, I'm not claiming OSU has somehow vaulted to another stratosphere in stadium 'having'.

As far as amenities are concerned, it's at the top with the rest of the have's.

I would put BPS right around the level of DWR Razorback Stadium. Just a very nice, non-monstrous place to watch a game.

picasso
6/26/2007, 05:54 PM
because you tore it down dug a deep hole and are rebuilding.

we simply added on.

to tradition.

IndianJack
6/26/2007, 06:31 PM
Even though OU has two shades of 'red' or 'crimson' or whatever the **** on their jersey...
Are you sure you are looking at the same Sooner jerseys the rest of us the are. I'll give you the fact that your jerseys are all the same shade of orange. My point is that for all the gazillions of dollars that he is pouring into the program, you think he could get the same color of orange for the coaches shirts and certainly the emblems on the field. They aren't even close to what the jerseys are. Uniform: presenting an unvaried appearance of surface, pattern, or color. To use in a sentence - The crimson at and on B. Owen is uniform to the Sooner jersey. Especially when we paint it on with Aggie blood.;) If you are thinking about bleeding orange, then that is probably a different shade too. By the looks of BP's sweaters, it very well could be "Peach Power" before long.

goingoneight
6/26/2007, 07:53 PM

Just because you guys wear diapers, doesn't count for facilities to ****. :texan:

Alcohol in the club seats??? Weak sauce, dood. I'll have my alcohol after the game or at the tailgate where it's not over-priced or watered down. And I'll be having mine in celebration of victory, you?

Re-entry? why the hell do you leave unless it's something important? And if it's important, why do you go back? :confused:

goingoneight
6/26/2007, 07:59 PM
stadium smack from a poke. that's rich!!!!

BPS still wouldn't be better than owen field if there were 50K jessica alba's (strike that, 28K jessica alba's) waiting in each seat with a bottle of astro-glide and a smile.

Strike that... OSU never draws 50K... :D

goingoneight
6/26/2007, 08:01 PM
We don't vomit when down 35-3. We vomit when we're up 35-3.

So what happens when it ends 55-35??? :confused:

BASSooner
6/26/2007, 11:01 PM
who knows, could be 65-66 or even 71-69

Seamus
6/26/2007, 11:42 PM
I would ask any sane OSU fan ...

File that one with Easter Bunny, Santa Claus and the Gorgon in the folder Creatures, Mythical ...

wishbonesooner
6/27/2007, 07:19 AM
"OSU isn't even approaching the college football coliseums of Ohio State, Michigan, Tennessee, OU, Penn State, Texas, Nebraska, 2/3 of the SEC, FSU, the Coliseum, Rose Bowl, whatever, because those places have a couple of things that BPS doesn't:

1. Asses in (all of) the seats
2. History"

That my friend is what you and every other pathetic OSU fan needs to keep in mind. Pickens can donate all the money he wants, the one thing he can't buy for you is HISTORY. We have it, you don't.

RUSH LIMBAUGH is my clone!
6/27/2007, 11:40 AM
......whether or not you hate orange, blah blah blah)

well said, for aggy

Piware
6/28/2007, 08:49 PM
It will be shiny and new, and I'm sure some aspects will be nice. But there's more to a place than the shine you put on it.

Then again, their players run out of a cattle chute, it doesn't get any gooder than that.:rolleyes:

I've said it before and I'll say it again. The Pokes can talk all they want about their stadium. Facts are you can dip it in chocolate and roll it in coconut but it's still a dog turd.

Sooner74
6/28/2007, 09:58 PM
I was wondering when they were going to build OU a new stadium. Looks like Boone did a good thing by giving the money to the pokes so we can whoop up on em in a nicer stadium.

hgarmorer
6/29/2007, 09:33 AM
"But there's more to a place than the shine you put on it."

You know the old saying, "You can't polish a turd".

NS5
6/29/2007, 01:31 PM
Gosh, four pages of posts regarding a statement by an aggie fan. Good for him
and hope he stays a loyal supporter. You can drive north on I-45 just south of
the 410 loop in Houston. Glance off to the northwest and you will see Reliant
Stadium, sitting next to it is the old Astrodome. Hey wasn't the Astrodome billed as the new eighth wonder of the world? Now sitting next to Reliant, it looks small. Point is that we live in a world of ups and downs (oil, food, housing). They
may have the best for a while, but OU or any other big time program,will not lag behind, and not just for keeping up with the Jones theory, but progress. A better stadium doesn't guarantee wins. Hope he stays with his prozac, he is going to need it. Boomer Sooner

MichiganSooner
7/3/2007, 10:35 PM
Question for osuAggie.
Why did your school get rid of the name Lewis Field? And who was Lewis?
Why didn't you leave it called Lewis Field and add Boone Pickens Stadium?

We call our place Owen Field at Oklahoma Memorial Stadium.

Seamus
7/3/2007, 10:45 PM
And who was Lewis?

Someone with far less jack than T. Boone, apparently ...

Mixer!
7/4/2007, 01:26 PM
Lewis was some beloved aggy president from 100 years ago. Lewis Street here is named for him - I guess he has that at least. :texan:

DeadSolidPerfect
7/4/2007, 02:28 PM
Question for osuAggie.
And who was Lewis?
I thought Lewis was an AG prof. who was also the part-time football coach. Kind of like all the other coaches they've had at Halloween U., part-time.

goingoneight
7/4/2007, 06:52 PM
Someone with far less jack than T. Boone, apparently ...

:eddie: WHAT!?! WHO'S GOT THE JACK, I'M FARKIN' THIRSTY!!!

Salt City Sooner
7/4/2007, 10:20 PM
I just hope that I live to see the day where we can just HOPE to compete with the TERRORDOME.

goingoneight
7/5/2007, 01:10 AM
:stunned:
^^^ 'nuff said...

crimson&cream
7/6/2007, 09:19 PM
That is pretty f'in gay.
Well, you are the "BROKEBACK COWBOYS"!!!!!!!