PDA

View Full Version : texas People question?

Gandalf_The_Grey
6/23/2007, 10:02 PM
Okay...here is the deal...

My friend got a speeding ticket about a year ago in Texas. Now he was going to try to pay it off. Now we haven't been able to find out any information about it. He needs to know the county it was in because he has forgotten. Is there a webpage where you can check that sort of thing????

bluedogok
6/23/2007, 10:10 PM
Not that I know of, most of the smaller counties still have not been updated. I got one in Real County last December. When I called the judge's office the person that answered the phone was the one who handled everything, most are pretty small so going online hasn't become a priority.

Was it a state trooper or city/county? Any idea what road and a town near where he got the ticket? If it was DPS or county just call the county courthouse and check to see if there is one on the record. If it has been over a year, he might just call the DPS office here in Austin as it probably has a bench warrant out on it and they could tell you who issued the ticket.

MamaMia
6/24/2007, 08:49 AM
If your friend has an Oklahoma license plate, I would start by calling the Denton and Tarrant County courthouses.

slickdawg
6/24/2007, 09:14 AM
These bastards wrote slickwife a ticket when we had lived here for 3 weeks, only because we still had Mississippi plates. IF you are out of state, you are fresh meat for them.

85Sooner
6/24/2007, 09:28 AM
Just send the fine to me. I'll take care of it :)

Jerk
6/24/2007, 09:41 AM
I got pulled over in 2000 on I-20 east of Dallas in a Jeep Grand Cherokee going 15 over. I had a loaded pistol under the seat and two semi-automatic rifles in the back. I told the officer about it and he never flinched.

He must have been an NRA member or something because he wrote me a warning and sent me on my merry way.

bluedogok
6/24/2007, 05:51 PM
These bastards wrote slickwife a ticket when we had lived here for 3 weeks, only because we still had Mississippi plates. IF you are out of state, you are fresh meat for them.
It just depends on who/where, I have mainly heard horror stories about the smaller town PD and sheriff's writing that one up a bunch. I lived in Dallas for a year with OK plates/license/insurance and never had a problem. Of course I was never pulled over in that time frame either. I didn't change over until I bought a new car in Dallas, then I moved back to OKC a year later and changed back to OK stuff.

yermom
6/24/2007, 06:14 PM
i've only been pulled over in Gainesville, it's almost like the cops don't exist anywhere else :O

sanantoniosooner
6/24/2007, 06:37 PM
i've only been pulled over in Gainesville, it's almost like the cops don't exist anywhere else :O
Lorena, Schertz, Selma, and Waco.

olevetonahill
6/24/2007, 06:56 PM
If its been a year and he aint paid it, his License is suspended just sayin
Have him get his local friendly popo to run his DL and see .
If he dont know any, have him call me Ill get it run for him .
ur welcome

yermom
6/24/2007, 07:02 PM
yeah, i was thinking that would be bad... i'd be avoiding Texass until that ****e was taken care of

BajaOklahoma
6/24/2007, 07:09 PM
Google is your friend.
And I would call from a payphone, using quarters.

http://www.txdps.state.tx.us/administration/driver_licensing_control/faq/faq.htm#obtain_ticket_info
2) How do I find out where I received my Texas traffic ticket?

The Texas Department of Public Safety (DPS) may be able to provide the name and telephone number of the court if the violation occurred in Texas and if the individual knows the general location of the violation. You may contact the Customer Service Bureau by e-mail at [email protected] or phone at (512) 424-2600.

olevetonahill
6/24/2007, 07:14 PM
yeah, i was thinking that would be bad... i'd be avoiding Texass until that ****e was taken care of
or getting stopped by any cop :eek:

Gandalf_The_Grey
6/24/2007, 07:51 PM
Well that is the weird part, the Marines and the place I work(which has a pretty good background check) did not find any warrants or outstanding tickets. The work one even found his exspongued ****, so we are beginning to think that the cop didn't turn the ticket in. I know alot of small towns don't