PDA

View Full Version : The Drunk got owned

SteelClip49
6/22/2007, 09:39 PM
sorry if this has been posted before

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fu7sTSnRp3g&NR=1

okienole3
6/22/2007, 10:51 PM
thought this thread was about someone else.

Big Red Ron
6/22/2007, 11:45 PM
That was the first time I'd had ever heard of this red-shirt Freshman RB that was turning heads against the first team D in practice, Demond Parker. He only ended up being one of the very best RB's in OUr history.

yermom
6/23/2007, 03:32 AM
nice highlight vid of him...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oc_TAY44IWg&NR=1

Flagstaffsooner
6/23/2007, 03:45 AM
Usually Howie falls down all by himself.:D

HTown77095
6/23/2007, 10:47 AM
Have you noticed how no one rushed to see if he was ok? There's your sign right there..ha ha..

the_ouskull
6/23/2007, 12:02 PM
They were probably trying to sneak a drink of water while he was down.

the_ouskull

meoveryouxinfinity
6/23/2007, 12:11 PM
is it just me or is that video kind of mean spirited and heartless?

It's not his fault he sucked at his job. .....oh wait.

Big Red Ron
6/23/2007, 12:57 PM

Dude almost single handedly saved OU football, think about it. He was the only guy in the right position and you knew we probably weren't going to win. We, or at least I, went to see what Demond was going to do. Instead of watching the scoreboard, I'd be watching him, in almost the same way I used to be mad if we didn't crack "half a hundred" in the good ol' days, I'd be ****ed if Demond didn't get his 150+ yards.

Demond, if you ever read this, remember you'll never be forgotten by Oklahoma. Boomer Sooner and best of luck to you and your family!

goingoneight
6/24/2007, 07:03 PM
A lot of OU "fans" are/were that way about AD. Hence the gaping holes in the stadium after AD got injured in 2005 and 2006. I was shocked at the turnout for the TT game in 2006 with both RB's down (that we sold it out). I was at the Spring Game when DeMarco was whooping *** out there and I kept hearing positive comments of "now we have something to watch" and negative comments like "It's not like he's Adrian Peterson or anything."

I have ALWAYS disliked someone who swaps teams for the next great player. Like 2004, all the love was for AD, and rightfully so... he was awesome. After the game which we do not speak of, it was all about Reggie Bush and so-called "God's Team" (God doesn't cheat or gloat). After the 2006 Rose Bowl, VY jerseys and puke-brownie orange everywhere. There weren't AT ALL the number of bandwagon fans in 2006 due to the lack of future NFL-marketable players in CFB.

If you aren't watching a team for the team effort then go watch someone else. We could use the real fans and less hate when the stars move on.

Petro-Sooner
6/25/2007, 03:30 PM

Who was the QB during that time?

fadada1
6/25/2007, 04:06 PM
Who was the QB during that time?
pretty much anyone wearing crimson and cream with an OU sticker on their helmet.

yermom
6/25/2007, 04:57 PM
from Wikipedia:

# 1998 Patrick Fletcher
# 1997-1998 Brandon Daniels
# 1996-1997 Justin Fuente

Taxman71
6/26/2007, 11:29 AM
Patrick Fletcher...Brandon Daniels...Justin Fuente...Jake Sills...all in the same drive.

Fixed.

Petro-Sooner
6/26/2007, 11:31 AM
Now that I think back that sounds about right.

tnraider1
6/27/2007, 03:56 PM
Parker was incredible. Only thing lacking was the break away speed. He had speed, just not the AD type of break away speed. Anyone remember the play he had on Sportscenter when he started for Green Bay where he broke a long TD run then stopped in the end zone and started waving at his feet like they were on fire? Still one of my favorite end zone celebrations ever. Chris Berman said something like, "He must be trying to get a Nike contract."

stoopified
6/28/2007, 07:32 AM
Dude almost single handedly saved OU football, think about it. He was the only guy in the right position and you knew we probably weren't going to win. We, or at least I, went to see what Demond was going to do. Instead of watching the scoreboard, I'd be watching him, in almost the same way I used to be mad if we didn't crack "half a hundred" in the good ol' days, I'd be ****ed if Demond didn't get his 150+ yards.

Demond, if you ever read this, remember you'll never be forgotten by Oklahoma. Boomer Sooner and best of luck to you and your family!well said and DITTO for me.

picasso
6/28/2007, 02:44 PM
A lot of OU "fans" are/were that way about AD. Hence the gaping holes in the stadium after AD got injured in 2005 and 2006. I was shocked at the turnout for the TT game in 2006 with both RB's down (that we sold it out). I was at the Spring Game when DeMarco was whooping *** out there and I kept hearing positive comments of "now we have something to watch" and negative comments like "It's not like he's Adrian Peterson or anything."

I have ALWAYS disliked someone who swaps teams for the next great player. Like 2004, all the love was for AD, and rightfully so... he was awesome. After the game which we do not speak of, it was all about Reggie Bush and so-called "God's Team" (God doesn't cheat or gloat). After the 2006 Rose Bowl, VY jerseys and puke-brownie orange everywhere. There weren't AT ALL the number of bandwagon fans in 2006 due to the lack of future NFL-marketable players in CFB.

If you aren't watching a team for the team effort then go watch someone else. We could use the real fans and less hate when the stars move on.
huh? I don't recall any gaping holes in our stadium in 7 years.

Big Red Ron
6/28/2007, 02:53 PM
huh? I don't recall any gaping holes in our stadium in 7 years.me either

IndianJack
6/28/2007, 04:41 PM
huh? I don't recall any gaping holes in our stadium in 7 years.
When OSU visits, they bring their cheerleading squad. ;)

stoopified
6/29/2007, 02:45 PM
Yeah but that is gaping ho's not holes.

IndianJack
6/29/2007, 02:52 PM
I was making an anatomical reference (ho's was too obvious). Either way it's a lascivious slight. Unfortunately, neither Texas nor Notre Dame comes to B. Owen or my innuendo would be directed towards them.

SoonerJLB
6/29/2007, 03:47 PM

Hmmmm...I wonder who? Is Eddie Sutton too obvious?

Piware
6/29/2007, 11:52 PM

We ran our drunk off. The "State's University" throws a party to honor theirs about every other week. Saw old Boozey (theirs) in a Tulsa business establishment a couple of weeks ago and he has a distinct wobble. Don't think he whizzed in the parking lot though so that's progress.

OU-HSV
6/29/2007, 11:58 PM
We ran our drunk off. The "State's University" throws a party to honor theirs about every other week. Saw old Boozey (theirs) in a Tulsa business establishment a couple of weeks ago and he has a distinct wobble. Don't think he whizzed in the parking lot though so that's progress.
By gawd..1 point coming his way then