PDA

View Full Version : Forest fire in the middle of Flagstaff

Flagstaffsooner
6/22/2007, 05:06 PM
About 1/2 mi west of me. Wind blowing my way. They are bombing it with slurry. Film at 11.

FlatheadSooner
6/22/2007, 05:15 PM
Take your beer and RUN!!!!!!
:pop:

Frozen Sooner
6/22/2007, 05:19 PM
We've got three big fires bracketing Anchorage right now. We went from 80 degrees and sunny yesterday to 57 degrees and overcast today because of all the smoke in the air.

Flagstaffsooner
6/22/2007, 05:39 PM
Take your beer and RUN!!!!!!
:pop:I'm gonna do a "Strange Brew" and put it out myself.

Damn its smokey.

King Crimson
6/22/2007, 05:43 PM
i might round up those car keys if it were me. just in case.

Flagstaffsooner
6/22/2007, 05:43 PM
Izabell fire is its name. Izabell Rd is very close. 3 juviniles arrested by FPD with fireworks.

Flagstaffsooner
6/22/2007, 05:45 PM
i might round up those car keys if it were me. just in case.They say it is contained. Wild watching slurry drops soooooooooooo close.

Flagstaffsooner
6/22/2007, 05:52 PM
Sorry, Mods for posting on the FB board, I just ran in and posted on the board I was on.

Frozen Sooner
6/22/2007, 05:55 PM
No worries. I figured you meant to post it on the SO.

Flagstaffsooner
6/22/2007, 06:22 PM
http://img508.imageshack.us/img508/6503/000fireju9.jpg

Thanks Mike.

StoopTroup
6/22/2007, 06:24 PM
Wow...

That is close.

Good thoughts sent your way Flag...

Newbomb Turk
6/22/2007, 06:44 PM
hope things are ok flag.

olevetonahill
6/22/2007, 06:55 PM
Get your asz on the board and quit Buggin the firemen , All your doing is gettin in the way and piszin em off :D

Flagstaffsooner
6/22/2007, 07:05 PM
Get your asz on the board and quit Buggin the firemen , All your doing is gettin in the way and piszin em off :DF-off Vet.:D I didnt leave my yard. I was waiting for them to call me for my superior Natty urination services.

olevetonahill
6/22/2007, 07:32 PM
F-off Vet.:D I didnt leave my yard. I was waiting for them to call me for my superior Natty urination services.
You prolly so drunk now, you think the whole forrest is ur backyard !:P

Flagstaffsooner
6/22/2007, 07:37 PM
You prolly so drunk now, you think the whole forrest is ur backyard !:PI dont have a backyard. My frontyard has one spruce tree.

TheUnnamedSooner
6/23/2007, 03:56 AM
So, have you pi$$ed the fire away yet?

Flagstaffsooner
6/23/2007, 04:41 AM
So, have you pi$$ed the fire away yet?Naw, an airplane took a dump on it. http://news.azdailysun.com/news/breaking/index.cfm?sid=1014

RUSH LIMBAUGH is my clone!
6/23/2007, 12:49 PM
C'mon down the mountain. You'll just THINK you're on fire here in Central Phoenix. (BTW, Good luck. Hope and pray they stop it fast and you don't get hurt or property damaged)

OUinFLA
6/23/2007, 01:20 PM
I didnt think you had anything to burn out there anyway.
Aren't your houses made of mud and straw and stuff?

6/23/2007, 01:57 PM
I didnt think you had anything to burn out there anyway.
Aren't your houses made of mud and straw and stuff?Classless suppositions from a place where homes are built from Snook stripes.

OUinFLA
6/23/2007, 01:58 PM
I resemble the classless part.

btw, we boated 10 snook yesterday.
All released of course.

6/23/2007, 02:16 PM
I resemble the classless part.

btw, we boated 10 snook yesterday.
All released of course.Air freight me one of the legal ones, gutted and gilled, of course.

6/23/2007, 02:47 PM
So, Flag, give us an update, if your computer is still working.

Flagstaffsooner
6/23/2007, 02:51 PM
It's out. Everyone here is safe. Thank you for your concern. Pleas send some of that Oklahoma rain. http://www.azdailysun.com/articles/2007/06/23/news/20070623_front%20page_3.txt

FLA, go feed your fish!:D

Tailwind
6/23/2007, 08:39 PM
Good lord! This is the first I've heard of the fires. I didn't go online or look at the news the whole time I was in Tucson. Sheesh!

Flagstaffsooner
6/27/2007, 01:28 PM
UPDATE: The fireworks that started the fire came from Oklahoma.

Izabel fire costs pegged at $20,000
By HILLARY DAVIS
Sun Staff Reporter
The cost of last week's Izabel fire will take some time to officially tabulate, but officials at the Flagstaff Fire Department estimate it to come to about $20,000.
Whether the boys who confessed to starting the blaze or their parents will be billed for some or all of the costs has not yet been determined.
Although it will take a while to get all of the expenses in line, assistant fire chief Jerry Bills said the department is looking at that number as a ballpark figure for the cost of the air tanker drops, the lead plane, and the city and U.S. Forest Service firefighting crews that were needed to quell the 5-acre blaze.
When calculating the approximate $500,000 tab for last summer's 125-acre Woody fire, for example, the agency crunched numbers for several weeks.
"I remember with the Woody, it probably took us about three months or four months to actually get a number," Bills said. "When you start thinking about the police officers that were there, and the sheriff's office, and then dispatchers, and all of that time spent, it just keeps snowballing out and getting bigger. So it takes us a while to corral all that and actually get a real number."
Two air tankers dropped four slurry loads on the fire, which sparked Friday afternoon along the east-facing slope of McMillan Mesa, not far from homes in the densely populated Sunnyside neighborhood.
Three area boys, ages 11 to 13, have confessed to setting the fire while playing in the woods with fireworks that a parent had purchased in Oklahoma. They will face criminal charges, possibly including possession of fireworks, reckless burning and criminal damage.
Hillary Davis can be reached at 556-2261 or [email protected] ([email protected]).

Sooner24
6/27/2007, 04:17 PM
UPDATE: The fireworks that started the fire came from Oklahoma.

Izabel fire costs pegged at $20,000
By HILLARY DAVIS
Sun Staff Reporter
The cost of last week's Izabel fire will take some time to officially tabulate, but officials at the Flagstaff Fire Department estimate it to come to about $20,000.
Whether the boys who confessed to starting the blaze or their parents will be billed for some or all of the costs has not yet been determined.
Although it will take a while to get all of the expenses in line, assistant fire chief Jerry Bills said the department is looking at that number as a ballpark figure for the cost of the air tanker drops, the lead plane, and the city and U.S. Forest Service firefighting crews that were needed to quell the 5-acre blaze.
When calculating the approximate $500,000 tab for last summer's 125-acre Woody fire, for example, the agency crunched numbers for several weeks.
"I remember with the Woody, it probably took us about three months or four months to actually get a number," Bills said. "When you start thinking about the police officers that were there, and the sheriff's office, and then dispatchers, and all of that time spent, it just keeps snowballing out and getting bigger. So it takes us a while to corral all that and actually get a real number."
Two air tankers dropped four slurry loads on the fire, which sparked Friday afternoon along the east-facing slope of McMillan Mesa, not far from homes in the densely populated Sunnyside neighborhood.
Three area boys, ages 11 to 13, have confessed to setting the fire while playing in the woods with fireworks that a parent had purchased in Oklahoma. They will face criminal charges, possibly including possession of fireworks, reckless burning and criminal damage.
Hillary Davis can be reached at 556-2261 or [email protected].

I'm just glad he didn't say a handle on it. :eek:

MamaMia
6/27/2007, 04:59 PM
UPDATE: The fireworks that started the fire came from Oklahoma. which came from China.

yermom
6/28/2007, 03:56 AM
we can't even get the good ones here :O

it's crazy that the rain is hammering us and places East AND West of us are in droughts