PDA

View Full Version : 1994 OU-Syracuse on ESPNC

Flagstaffsooner
6/22/2007, 11:19 AM
Today at 1PM hillbilly time. I never got to watch the whole thing when it was originally on.:pop:

Paperclip
6/22/2007, 11:28 AM
We were kicking tail in that game until PJ Mills (maybe?) got the ball punched out from behind. Exciting ending though.

Flagstaffsooner
6/22/2007, 11:47 AM
That's why I want to check it out.

Paperclip
6/22/2007, 11:51 AM
This was Garrick McGee's debut IIRC.

Pricetag
6/22/2007, 12:13 PM
We were kicking tail in that game until PJ Mills (maybe?) got the ball punched out from behind. Exciting ending though.
He was WIDE open on that play, and ran forever before getting the ball knocked out. He looks really slow on the play.

I always thought that if we go on and kick Syracuse like we were supposed to, the team has a much better 1994. It seems like that game set the stage for that whole season.

Pricetag
6/22/2007, 12:14 PM
That's why I want to check it out.
You'll also get to see Marvin Harrison putting on a clinic.

virginiasooner
6/22/2007, 12:30 PM
Oh, wow, I was at that game! What a finish (not that I saw it, cuz I was stuck on the last row of that corner where they stuck us). But I did get Lucius Selmon's autograph and photo. And a couple of rows in front of me was an acquaintance from college.

The Carrier Dome is by far the WORST venue I've ever attended a Sooner game -- obstructed views, LOUSY ACOUSTICS. Yes, even worse than the Cotton Bowl. Best venue (besides Owen Field) is a tie between the Rose Bowl and UNC-Chapel Hill.

Flagstaffsooner
6/22/2007, 01:13 PM
I had forgotten that Watson Brown was out OC.

King Crimson
6/22/2007, 01:18 PM
I had forgotten that Watson Brown was out OC.

a lot of Watson's plays that were successful always looked like mistakes.

i watched that game in a bar in Denver--i think i was the only who cared it was even on.

Flagstaffsooner
6/22/2007, 02:07 PM
Watson claps like Mack on bad plays. Must be in the DNA.

King Crimson
6/22/2007, 02:24 PM
Watson claps like Mack on bad plays. Must be in the DNA.

i'll still never understand that trap we run against Texas that year where Allen gets stood up at the goal line.

Watson has a little Rick Neuheisel/Bill Callahan disease......i'll show everybody that i'm *smarter* than they are.

Scott D
6/22/2007, 02:49 PM
gotta love the hard hitting analysis by Mike Gottfried "You gotta run at them and throw over them"..no **** Mike, that sums up how you attack any aggressive defense :rolleyes:

sooner518
6/22/2007, 03:09 PM
i dont remmeber that game at all. why did we kick it with 16 seconds to go, and from 48 yards? seems like kind of a stupid decision to not try and get a few more yards.

Edit - someone seriosuly negged me for that? weird.

LoyalFan
6/22/2007, 03:15 PM
I remember, ohhhh, how I remember that game!

I was dating a little Tasmanian Devilette, 22.5 years my junior, who was a Nebbish fan but a Stephen F. Austin grad (Music). She was perfectly happy when OU was putting it to 'Cuse but became a rabid 'Cuse fan when it looked as though OU was gonna come away a loser.
When Blanton nailed the FG she cussed a blue streak then threw her gin and tonic at me. I was like "Hey, we were happily frolicking in the hay three hours ago and now you hate me?" The glass she hurled was empty, 'cept for some ice, but it hurt when it caromed off my left shoulder.
Needless to say, she was bundled into her car soon thereafter although she wasn't scheduled to depart until Monday AM.
It took two more years of increasing physical abuse and frightening behavior before I decided enough was enough. I had her arrested one night and struck a deal with a judge to force her to get help for alcohol abuse and anger issues rather than be officially booked and jailed.
Sorry to ramble, but I'll bet the rest of us had a better "game day".
BTW...MORE RAIN!

LF
And a very Boomer Sooner to all.

Boomer.....
6/22/2007, 03:16 PM
Just got done watching it. What a game!

Flagstaffsooner
6/22/2007, 03:58 PM
We should have beat the crap out of them. Kinda the mantra of the Gibbs years. Sure beats the next four years. Oh, the humanity.

critical_phil
6/22/2007, 05:08 PM
This was Garrick McGee's debut IIRC.

he went on to spend more time on his back than a Tijuana whore.

i watched most of the replay today. this just in: Jerald Moore was really good.

southern sooner
6/22/2007, 06:50 PM
i was there for that game, can you believe the crowd actually charged the field... wow that was an all time low for OUr program.

Paperclip
6/23/2007, 12:11 AM
i was there for that game, can you believe the crowd actually charged the field... wow that was an all time low for OUr program.

You're thinking of the 1997 game at home when we blocked a FG and Donovan McNabb puked. The 1994 game was at Syracuse.

topdaug
6/23/2007, 06:56 AM
I was at that game...I don't really remember much of it, since I was 10, but I remember the field goal at the end to win it, as well as a fan sitting near us that the other OU fans named "Norm" (because he looked like Norm from Cheers) putting his hands around his neck saying OU was choking the whole game away...it was great to come out of that with a win...