PDA

View Full Version : David Lee Roth never struck out

thenotman
6/22/2007, 11:04 AM
Whats the line? " I get more a$$ than a toilet seat"

---

http://www.roadrunnerrecords.com/blabbermouth.net/news.aspx?mode=Article&newsitemID=75307

Paula Froelich of the New York Post's "Page Six" reports: David Lee Roth had such an unquenchable thirst for sex during his VAN HALEN days that he invented an ingenious way to score at the band's concerts — doling out generous cash rewards to staffers who supplied him with the hottest girls, according to a new, unauthorized bio of the platinum-selling band.

The spandex-clad rocker developed a "streamlined" system of "ordering sex at shows" by distributing laminated backstage passes to the security staff — each marked with [the staffer's] initials," writes Ian Christe in "Everybody Wants Some: The Van Halen Saga", out in August from Wiley.

"Then, from the stage, [Roth would call] out, 'Blonde, pink top, sector A-4,' pointing out the girls he wanted to see after the show. Whatever crew member's name Dave saw flapping around the girl's neck backstage at the end of the night would get a $100 bonus at breakfast the next morning. As far as intimacy went, it was a little like the invention of the drive-through window at McDonald's, but the morale of tour staff remained high."

Diamond Dave also kept a scrapbook of provocative Polaroids that showed many of the band's kinky groupies. "[It] featured sights like a backward-leaning naked girl being used as a coffee table, a lit cigarette in her [private parts]," Christe writes.

But time caught up with Roth, and after a number of breakups and reunions with VAN HALEN, whose smash hits in the 1970s and '80s included "Jump", "Panama" and "Hot for Teacher", he appeared "frustrated by the role of sex god," according to the book.

"He routinely vented some [bleep]ed-up male sexuality, inviting pretty soccer moms from the front row for a drink from his trademark Jack Daniel's bottle and then shaking the stage prop at groin level while [spraying] about a quart of whiskey on [their] heads," Christe's book relates.

"Who knows how many times he had enacted the same scene backstage with willing participants during his halcyon days, but now his soaking of loyal admirers revealed the impotent anger of an aging Adonis."

Petro-Sooner
6/22/2007, 11:07 AM
I'd really like to see them live.

Fugue
6/22/2007, 11:08 AM
This will only encourage Pat.

OUDoc
6/22/2007, 11:10 AM
I'd really like to see them live.
DLR having sex? Pervert.

Petro-Sooner
6/22/2007, 11:11 AM
:texan: :D

VeeJay
6/22/2007, 11:47 AM
A couple of years ago Dave was still trying to do some fancy karate kicks onstage that he did 20 years ago and threw his back out.

yermom
6/22/2007, 11:53 AM
this isn't exactly a new story, i think it was on Behind the Music or something already

IronSooner
6/22/2007, 12:43 PM
Yeah I heard about that years ago when that book was being planned or some other one had come out. That and DLR describing his extra-curriculars as something similar to a volleyball game, him + 5 chicks, complete with the "rotate!" yell.

critical_phil
6/22/2007, 12:48 PM
like dave, i too have grown frustrated by my role as a sex god.

Taxman71
6/22/2007, 12:52 PM
VAN HALEN, whose smash hits in the 1970s and '80s included "Jump", "Panama" and "Hot for Teacher"

Apparently, this guy discovered VH in 1984.

InTexasandImStuck
6/22/2007, 03:05 PM
Fair Warning is completely kick ars from start to finish. Got to see them once with Roth.
1984 is pretty lame.

Jeopardude
6/22/2007, 03:25 PM
"Who knows how many times he had enacted the same scene backstage with willing participants during his halcyon days, but now his soaking of loyal admirers revealed the impotent anger of an aging Adonis."

God, rock biographers and their two bit psychoanalysis are annoying,

Widescreen
6/22/2007, 05:01 PM
like dave, i too have grown frustrated by my role as a sex god.
:hot:

critical_phil
6/22/2007, 05:02 PM
:hot:

are you telling me you never had a fantasy involving a nurse????

eggsactly.