King Crimson
6/21/2007, 09:06 PM
where is it?

OSUAggie
6/21/2007, 09:09 PM
Edmond, I believe.

Turd_Ferguson
6/22/2007, 06:25 AM
Havn't played there since this time last year. It was in good shape then. It's a Lynx style course. Plenty of sand, moguls and a few water holes.

RacerX
6/22/2007, 06:28 AM
and coyotes.

Mjcpr
6/22/2007, 07:42 AM
Havn't played there since this time last year. It was in good shape then. It's a Lynx style course. Plenty of sand, moguls and a few water holes.

Moguls? If you see Boone, hit him with a Tit-list.

Newbomb Turk
6/22/2007, 07:50 AM
It's a Lynx style course.

just so threre are no bobcats.

Turd_Ferguson
6/22/2007, 07:53 AM
Moguls? If you see Boone, hit him with a Tit-list.
:les:Four!!!:D

OUDoc
6/22/2007, 07:58 AM
Is it any good? Hard? Good shape?
Hitting on Howzit now?

Condescending Sooner
6/22/2007, 08:57 AM
I haven't played it, but I hear it is really hard. There is not much room for error. Keep it in the middle of the fairway, and you should be ok.

OUDoc
6/22/2007, 08:58 AM
Try to go really, really fast.
If a tree gets in the way, turn.

Petro-Sooner
6/22/2007, 09:16 AM
Its a nice course.

SoonerObsession
6/22/2007, 09:46 AM
Rose Creek is nice, but it's way overpriced! It's not any better than Coffee Creek yet it's about $20 more to play. I can think of several golf course that I'd rather play and not have to pay $50.

Fugue
6/22/2007, 10:05 AM
Speaking of courses, N. Faldo was in Hutch yesterday opening another links/duney course a few miles from Prarie Dunes. :twinkies:

carry on

r5TPsooner
6/22/2007, 10:50 AM
Played it for the 1st time last week and it's in the NW part of Edmond. They have recently aerated the greens but it was hardly noticeable when we played. If the wind is up (more than usual for Oklahoma), it is a beast of a course. Of course, the difficulty of any course really depends on your skill level. If your a single digit capper, the course will be manageable but challenging. If you're a double digit capper that sprays the ball all over the yard, then it will be a long day for you. Not the best course if you don't play/practice much and you certainly wouldn't want to play it if it is your 1st round of the year.

Regarding price. It might be considered "pricey" by Oklahoma standards but IMHO, is right on par with other courses of this quality in other parts of the country. Plus, it really seems like they want to keep the "riff-raff" out, so that probably plays a part in the price of green fees/cart quite a bit.

I shot an 81 and I earned every bit of it.

Have fun!

Newbomb Turk
6/22/2007, 11:43 AM
Plus, it really seems like they want to keep the "riff-raff" out, so that probably plays a part in the price of green fees/cart quite a bit.

so the snobs probably won't let you wear jorts and take your shirt off.

Jimminy Crimson
6/22/2007, 11:50 AM
I try to get out to play Rose Creek every other week. Good course. Like r5 said, the wind can kill you out there. Good layout and for the quality of the course, the price isn't too bad.

I was out there last week and it was in good shape. You'll have fun.

Fugue -- The new course looks pretty nice. Here's the linky for everyone else... http://www.cottonwoodhills.net

OSUAggie
6/22/2007, 06:10 PM
Just got back to the hotel...

Shot 2-under in a scramble, but it was pretty much just me and another guy (the other two sucked).

Pretty nice course. First links style I have played. Don't know how much it cost (it was paid for), but it looked like it'd probably be a $75/round course. Nice houses out there.

Greens were pretty average, I thought. They were in decent shape, but were pretty slow. The wind was blowing relatively hard today, and I thought the course was set up in a way that the wind was actually pretty beneficial.

Fun time.

Newbomb Turk
6/22/2007, 06:48 PM
The wind was blowing relatively hard today...

relatively hard...today?

Clock Studies
6/22/2007, 07:06 PM
Love Rose Creek.

Great layout, and it is always in excellent shape - country club condition, IMO.

critical_phil
6/22/2007, 07:07 PM
and coyotes.

direct competition for sheep can't be good news for aggie.

OSUAggie
6/22/2007, 09:32 PM
They were equally lovable today...

Although the sheep were sparse.