PDA

View Full Version : What are your thoughts about this professor?

sooner n houston
2/2/2004, 01:45 PM
Oklahoma U Crushes A Prof's Free Speech
By David Deming
FrontPageMagazine.com | February 2, 2004

I am associate professor of geology and geophysics at the University of Oklahoma in Norman. I receive teaching evaluations that run from average to outstanding. I have more scholarly publications than half the full professors in my department. But as I sit here writing, three of my four classes have been cancelled. I am scheduled to be moved out of the office I have occupied for the last twelve years into a dank hole in the basement that was never intended to be used as office space. Recent events are the culmination of four years of retaliation, intimidation, and harassment. You see, I don't have the right politics. What's worse is that I'm not submissive and I refuse to be bullied and intimidated.

My troubles began in March of 2000 when I published a "letter to the editor" in the campus newspaper that some people found offensive. Responding to a female columnist who claimed that possession of a firearm made every gun owner a potential murderer, I pointed out by way of analogy that her possession of an unregistered sexual organ made her a potential prostitute. For writing this letter, twenty-five charges of sexual harassment were filed against me by people I had never met. My attitudes, convictions, and beliefs were put on trial in a secret Star Chamber proceeding. After I admitted (gasp) that I was a member of the National Rifle Association, I was asked this question: do you think the Nazis were bad people?

For publishing "the letter," I received a formal letter of reprimand from Dean John T. Snow. After receiving the reprimand, I asked Dean Snow how the publication of my controversial letter would affect my position at OU with regard to issues such as promotion and raises. Instead of reassuring me that my expression of a political opinion would not affect my professional career, Snow said that the answer was "unclear." In a statement that I believe was intended to intimidate me, Snow said that in making future decisions he would "weigh in" how much I had learned from past experiences.

I forwarded a copy of Dean Snow's letter of reprimand to the Foundation for Individual Rights in Education (FIRE). Alan Kors, co-founder of FIRE, read Snow's remarks and said he found them to be "alarming." He wrote to Dean Snow:

(Y)our letter and other communications to Professor Deming strike at the heart of his, the university’s, Oklahoma’s, and this nation’s freedom of thought and expression.

Dean Snow retaliated for the FIRE letter by refusing to forward a routine application I made for funding. If I had received the funding, it would have benefited not just me but Snow's own College.

This was not my first experience with Dean Snow's intolerance. Years earlier, I had attended a College faculty meeting where Snow suggested that the University of Oklahoma should model itself after Pennsylvania State University. I naively pointed out that the expectation was unrealistic, as Pennsylvania was a much wealthier and populous state than Oklahoma. In retort, Snow glared at me and said that what was wrong with the College was attitudes held by "people like you." In other words, anyone who disagreed with John Snow was a problem—dissent would not be tolerated in Dean Snow's College.

Other faculty members at the University of Oklahoma have had similar experiences with Dean John T. Snow. A few years ago, the unanimous faculty of the Geology Department sent a letter to Dean Snow that said, "We question your willingness to work with us rather than dictate to us, and your respect for us as a faculty and as individuals." A professor who is now at a different institution said that he left OU because he was told bluntly that if he criticized the administration of Dean Snow's College he would "never get tenure" no matter how good his teaching and research were. When I questioned Snow's commitment to intellectual diversity, a colleague warned me that he expected Snow to "put your severed head on a spike."

In April of 2001, OU President David Boren proclaimed that a policy of "complete free speech" applied to the entire OU campus, but Boren's policy is nothing but empty rhetoric and public relations. Under David Boren's leadership, the degree to which academic freedom and free speech at OU have been suppressed is breathtaking, and perhaps unprecedented at an American university.

The archives for the campus newspaper, The Oklahoma Daily, that published my original letter and articles on the resulting controversy, have been deleted from the Daily's website. The records for the months covered by the controversy, February, March, and April, of the year 2000 are conspicuous by their absence. Columnist Wendy McElroy wrote that this was one example of "a politically-correct pattern of purging conservative views from student newspapers [that] seems to be spreading across American campuses." She went on to note that a central theme of George Orwell's classic novel 1984 was the falsifying of history by the Ministry of Truth. People who said or wrote the wrong things were simply purged from the historical archives.

OU vigorously pursued sexual harassment charges against me for writing the aforementioned "letter to the editor." The charges were only dismissed when my attorneys threatened a First Amendment lawsuit. OU agreed not to retaliate against me, but I have never been treated the same since. Now, when I write a "letter to the editor," it is cut out of the newspaper and placed in my personnel file.

On my professional evaluation for 2001, the Chairman of the OU Geology Department, Roger Slatt, marked me down for publishing a letter in the Oklahoma City newspaper that criticized OU's sexual harassment policy. In his words, my rhetoric showed "contempt and resentment" toward the University. I am sure there are numerous instances where a professor has claimed political bias in matters such as promotion, raises, and tenure. But I have never heard of another instance where an administrator openly discussed a professor's politics on his professional evaluation.

On October 15, 2002, several OU faculty published a letter in the campus newspaper that criticized President Bush's policy on Iraq. None of them were punished for doing so. The letter began with the statement that the signers were "dedicated to the idea that the university is one of the last places where free speech and open debate and dissent are possible.…" I noted with some astonishment that at least one of the signatories was a professor who had filed sexual harassment charges against me for doing the same thing she was now doing—expressing a controversial opinion.

That same year, it was shown to me in no uncertain terms what was expected of me. I published a letter in the campus newspaper that complimented President Boren's free speech policy. But my statement was interpreted by Geology Chairman Roger Slatt as a personal compliment for President Boren. He promptly rewarded me with an "outstanding" evaluation for "praising President Boren." I am not aware of any other American university where faculty are rewarded on their professional evaluations for publicly praising the university president. I know this sounds unbelievable, but it was done in writing—and I can produce copies.

In the spring of 2003 I went through post-tenure review. My "letters to the editor," written on political subjects totally unrelated to my professional work, were cut out of the newspaper and appended to my dossier by Geology Chairman Roger Slatt. They are still there. This unprecedented action was completely analogous to a professor stapling a student's political letters to their examinations. In a subsequent meeting, Dr. Slatt told me that in his opinion it is impossible for a faculty member to speak as an individual. I protested to OU Provost Nancy Mergler. She admitted to me that if I had used a student's political views as the basis for assigning a grade I would have been crucified. But she refused to reprimand Dr. Slatt or even ask him to apologize.

On November 21, 2003, Dean Snow's office circulated by e-mail an article that claimed there were not enough women faculty in the geosciences. The authors argued that women should not have to meet the same standards as men. I responded by circulating—on the same email list—an editorial I had written that argued against Affirmative Action for women. The gist of my argument was that inequalities in numbers do not necessarily imply inequities. I pointed out that although there may be relatively few women in disciplines like geoscience and engineering, females have advantages in other areas. For example, women live longer than men, receive higher grades in college, and are much less likely than men to end up in prison. Instead of addressing the issues, Geology Chairman Roger Slatt responded to my editorial with a personal attack. Acting with the imprimatur of his administrative authority, Roger Slatt circulated to all faculty, staff, and students in the College of Geoscience a statement that implied because I was against affirmative action I had dysfunctional relationships with women. I protested to Dean John Snow. But Chairman Slatt was not punished—I was.

Seven days before Christmas, I was summoned into the office of Dean John T. Snow. My tenure in the geology department was abrogated without due process. My geophysics class—for which I receive outstanding student evaluations—was taken from me without explanation. I was stripped of my right to supervise graduate students in geology and geophysics. I was evicted from my office and relegated to a small, dark room in a corner of the basement. No other faculty member in the entire College has office space assigned in the basement. Dean Snow glared at me and said that the fundamental problem was that I was not submissive to authority

The administration of the University of Oklahoma seems to want a generation of faculty that are servile, apathetic, and obsequious. No doubt that is what they will get.

After I contacted the media, two of my remaining classes were taken from me. Dean Snow has informed me that he nevertheless expects me to remain fully productive. The situation is not without precedent. The Egyptian Pharaoh punished rebellious Israelite slaves by requiring them to "make bricks without straw."

After taking office several years ago, OU President David Boren announced that the new mission of the University of Oklahoma was to attain "excellence," a goal which heretofore had been more commonly associated with companies that manufacture small kitchen appliances. For hundreds of years, it was universally understood that the mission of our universities was to pass on the core values of Western civilization through liberal education. The most important of these values are freedom of speech and thought; without them no scholarly pursuit or education is possible. My experience indicates that these values are now foreign to the University of Oklahoma.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
David Deming is Associate Professor of Geology and Geophysics at the University of Oklahoma.

C&CDean
2/2/2004, 02:02 PM
While I tend to agree with his political opinions, I think he's a complete dumbass, and pretty much deserves what's coming to him. Like it or not, free speech isn't neccesarily free. Sounds to me like he has an axe to grind more than anything.

OklahomaTrombone
2/2/2004, 02:07 PM
He's doing the exact same thing that he is bitching about by having this published...IMHO

Oldnslo
2/2/2004, 02:08 PM
Sounds fishy. If he has a cause of action, then he needs to be presenting his case in court. Otherwise, he might take the opportunity to stfu.

Enrico Palazo
2/2/2004, 02:08 PM
Trust me, this guy is a loony bin. The Geology Department has been trying to figure out some way of giving him the boot for a long time.

He's Grade A nuts. The sooner OU finds a way to get rid of him the better.

SweetheartSooner
2/2/2004, 02:13 PM
I'm actually in one of his classes now. Wow.

KaiserSooner
2/2/2004, 02:15 PM
I remember the whole article incident back in 2000, but didn't know that repercussions against Deming had gone this far.

As a graduate of the Geosciences College, I have to say that those actions by Dean Snow and Roger Slatt are rather disturbing.

It is akin to the Nazis pushing those professors who were unwilling to submit to the political will of the Nazi regime out of their teaching positions in the early 30s.

KaiserSooner
2/2/2004, 02:17 PM
They should get rid of him because of his political opinions???

How would you like to lose your job because of your political opinions?

bdfuge
2/2/2004, 02:17 PM
Very common in today’s politically correct world. Liberal puke is taking over our universities and it sickens me.

I have read other letters like this one, and have seen studies on the number of conservative professors in some of the larger universities and the studies results are sickening.

Texas for example, forgive me I forget the real number but it was something like 98 Liberal professors and only 3 or 4 Conservative.

This number is basically the same at all the major Universities done in the study and it’s alarming.

They love free speech. …Well as long as it goes along with the Liberal mindset they are drilling into today’s youth, and that’s a fact.

Speak with conservative viewpoints on campus and watch as the left crucifies you.

Go ahead Sooner Boarder or Oregon and denounce the truth and I will only laugh my *** off.

http://www.academia.org/campus_reports/2002/october_2002_5.html

http://studentsforacademicfreedom.org/archive/2003/Penn091203.html

http://chronwatch.com/content/contentDisplay.asp?aid=2337

http://www.csmonitor.com/2004/0108/p12s02-legn.html

And we wonder why our country is quickly going to hell in a hand basket.

Pricetag
2/2/2004, 02:18 PM
As anyone who has ever worked at a job where they are not the big cheese knows, sh** rolls downhill. There are certain things which, although they may be correct, you don't say to your superiors, or not at all. When you do something that causes them trouble, they're going to cause you trouble. That's just the way it works.

BTW, he could easily have found a much less controversial, but just as effective, example to refute the gun ownership claim than what he used--he was just looking to take a shot and stir up trouble.

Sooner Born Sooner Bred
2/2/2004, 02:19 PM
His statement that started the whole thing is ridiculous anyway. Anyone can choose to carry a gun, but I didn't choose to be born with these sex organs I carry.

KaiserSooner
2/2/2004, 02:20 PM
His statement that started the whole thing is ridiculous anyway. Anyone can choose to carry a gun, but I didn't choose to be born with these sex organs I carry.
Whether you agree with his opinion or not (and I certainly don't), he shouldn't lose his job over it.

C&CDean
2/2/2004, 02:22 PM
Kaiser,

Time-out. Don't you think the whole "nazi" comparison is a little out there?

This guy sends a controversial letter to the editor. His boss reads it. He gets warned that in his position at OU these types of letters might be detrimental/embarrassing. He basically says "go **** yourself, I'm gonna say/do anything I want and there's nothing you can do about it."

Looks to me like OU is saying "wanna bet?"

People who pursue things like this (I've known a hundred of em' in my lifetime) - for whatever reason they're doing it for, are usually nut jobs.

If I popped off some letters to the editor that may cause my employer embarrassment, I should expect to hear about it. This guy is no different.

KaiserSooner
2/2/2004, 02:33 PM
C&C, I understand what you're saying, but any university, as an employer, knows it has employees with unpopular, if not controversial, opinions. Universities are forums for debate and bizarro opinions should be (and often are) expected and tolerated.

So for OU to push this right-winger out of his job because it was "embarrassed" by his opinions or simply didn't agree with them is extremely weak.

And yes, that is precisely what the Nazis did at German universities. It took several months, if not years, but the Nazis purged their schools of anybody that didn't profess the same political beliefs.

Rhino
2/2/2004, 02:39 PM
I remember that whole incident. He was stupid for saying what he was saying.

Not to mention it garbaged up the papers for weeks.

Stoop Dawg
2/2/2004, 02:41 PM
When did "freedom of speach" come to mean "freedom from social consequences of saying stupid things"?

So long as he hasn't been arrested yet, his freedom to say what he wants is still in tact.

OUDoc
2/2/2004, 02:50 PM
"Well, I was told that I could listen to the radio at a reasonable volume."

JaxSooner
2/2/2004, 02:50 PM
From what I can tell, this guy is a moron who is too big for his britches. There are lots of professor like that. I bet he's got tenure, which many folks like to use as a license to "say whatever I damn well please." At least it sounds like he's still doing his work, despite the time he's taking away from it trying to be a horse's ***. Another trait that sometimes accompanies tenure is sudden diminution of work output.

I wonder where he got his degrees from. Not to stereotype, since it's a proven fact that *******s live EVERYWHERE, but I bet he's not from around here...

Oh, and finally...

No professor should expect any less than what he's getting as a result of shooting off his mouth like that. It's easier to run a guy off than to fire them sometimes, and making them move all their crap down to the "dank basement" is a good way to accomplish that. I think it's funny, and I am impressed that the "powers that be" actually had the cajones to slap him down. That DOESN'T happen a lot more than it does.

C&CDean
2/2/2004, 02:54 PM
Kaiser,

From reading his letter, it doesn't look to me like "the University is pushing him out of his job." It looks to me like he's pushing himself out of his job. The university merely asked him to cease and desist. Everything that's gone down since has been due to his own inability to "let it die."

He looks to be one of those numbskulls who has to make a "case" out of everything. And now, he's gone too far and has to play it out to the end. And, in the end, he'll lose. Deservedly so.

RacerX
2/2/2004, 02:56 PM
Just don't take his stapler!

usmc-sooner
2/2/2004, 02:59 PM
Remember the Dixie Chicks? Everyone said they have the right to Free Speach but should be willing to accept the response of the public in return. I see this as the same thing except the role of conservative and liberal views are reversed.

The sexual organ part is stupid. Even dumber for a college professor to get in a pissing match with a student.

I haven't always agreed with those in charge of me but there comes a time when you keep your mouth shut and just do your job.

How many of your employers would appreciate you writing letters to the editor everytime your politics and theirs didn't match? How would you feel in the employers role? Have you ever tried to accomplish something with someone who questions every little thing and whines about everything.

Eddie Money
2/2/2004, 03:21 PM
I just wonder if they do this with every professor that writes editorial letters, if there are any. I would guess no and no. A cop who sells videos of himself masturbating on ebay is protected to keep his job because of free speech, but writing a letter to a newspaper expressing extreme opinions is just too embarrasing. The guy should be fired.

bdfuge
2/2/2004, 03:29 PM
Have you ever tried to accomplish something with someone who questions every little thing and whines about everything.

Yes liberals. ;)

I agree with Stoop Dawg he said something stupid and he is carrying on this argument and it has cost him respect, but he should have the right to say what he believes no matter how ignorant that might sound to others unless what he is saying are personal attacks on a person.

Heck we see this demeanor daily from our politicians. Why don’t they get pushed to the basement behind a locked door :D

I have seen many stories of people getting crucified or loosing their job over just ordinary beliefs and this is truly something that has to stop.

As Luby said he has tenure and this might be a sign of why he is so arrogantly arguing an ignorant point. His job has finally gotten to him and he is lashing out viciously and unwisely because of pint up frustrations.

usmc-sooner
2/2/2004, 03:36 PM
at what point as an employer do you have to stand around listening to what your employees think is wrong about you and your decisions?
I didn't like all my orders but I don't start a 4 year letter writing campaign.
I believe in the right to bear arms, I don't think the NRA is evil, I consider myself somewhat conservative, but at some point we all have to just suck it up, keep quiet and move on.

TUSooner
2/2/2004, 03:44 PM
at what point as an employer do you have to stand around listening to what your employees think is wrong about you and your decisions?
I believe in the right to bear arms, I don't think the NRA is evil, I consider myself somewhat conservative, but at some point we all have to just suck it up, keep quiet and move on.

And what's next? Take responsibility for our ownwords and actions? Far out. ;)

I have read the "Closing of the American Mind" and I'm sure that there is some arm-twisting and back-stabbing going on against people who don't toe the "liberal" party line. But I think the prof's mom probly forgot to tell him that NOBODY likes an a$$hole.

bdfuge
2/2/2004, 03:51 PM

The main reason we have an education system that is teaching Liberal filth.

Keeping quiet is not an option at this point.

I agree with you as an employer you should have the right to have rules and restrictions and enforce them as set by the guidelines in a contract between employer and employee, but the higher educational system is not your ordinary everyday employer.

Don’t get me wrong I do not believe all professors are wacko liberal lefties, but left or far left is where the most all them lean, and that is not good.

They speak and preach diversity, and demand it just as long as that diversity fits the picture they paint as being diverse.

Ike
2/2/2004, 04:20 PM
I remember the 2000 letter, and the uproar that it caused. I thought it was little more than tasteless humor, which is fine in my book, but apparently not in others. I dont know the guy personally, but I think he could have made his point much more tactfully than he did and avoided this whole mess. but he didnt, and here he is today.

I think that the whole episode he is going thru with his higer-ups is indicative of a larger problem in the entire education complex (from Kindergarten all the way through grad school) and that is that the "higher ups" seem to want their teachers and professors to be little more than mindless robots that teach and do research without any opinions on anything. Until of course, a dean or someone has an idea, and then your opinion better be the same as his.

I wouldnt characterize this as a liberal/conservative type of problem, but a problem in whomever is wielding authority. No matter the political leanings of those in power, free speech only goes so far for those that disagree (there are exceptions, but rather few). It just so happens that these days its mostly libs running universities.

KaiserSooner
2/2/2004, 04:48 PM
How many of your employers would appreciate you writing letters to the editor everytime your politics and theirs didn't match? How would you feel in the employers role? Have you ever tried to accomplish something with someone who questions every little thing and whines about everything.
usmc, this is a unique situation becuase a university isn't just another employer, it is an academic institution in which debate and the free flow of ideas, no matter their controversy, are commonplace.

In other words, universities are places full of quack or unpopular opinions, and such places are used to tolerating them, except that in this case OU is unwilling to handle it because the quack in question is a right-wing quack.

I guarantee you OU and most other academic institutions have professors with opinions far more bizarro than this guy....Princeton has the guy who believes in killing children, for example...and they're handling these people without kicking them out the door.

KaiserSooner
2/2/2004, 04:50 PM
Kaiser,

From reading his letter, it doesn't look to me like "the University is pushing him out of his job." It looks to me like he's pushing himself out of his job. The university merely asked him to cease and desist. Everything that's gone down since has been due to his own inability to "let it die."

He looks to be one of those numbskulls who has to make a "case" out of everything. And now, he's gone too far and has to play it out to the end. And, in the end, he'll lose. Deservedly so.
I understand that he isn't helping his cause, but remember it was OU who first exploded in an uproar over his letter, charging him with sexual harrassment. It was OU that got that ball rolling on all this.

Norm In Norman
2/2/2004, 04:57 PM
How about this: if he doesn't like his employer, he can quit and find another job.

C&CDean
2/2/2004, 05:00 PM
Kaiser,

Was it "OU" or was it a few select individuals who happen to work at OU? Huge difference I'm thinking.

Ike
2/2/2004, 05:00 PM
Kaiser, you should also rememeber, that Universities like to think of themselves as though they are one of the last bastions of free speech on the planet. That free speech and the free flow of ideas are not only commonplace, but nessecary to the functioning of the University.

GottaHavePride
2/2/2004, 05:05 PM
He made a comment. Maybe it was a bad example, but he was trying to point out the absurdity of the original claim. I think most of the problem is the ultra-hyper-PC feminists that tried to bring sexual harassment charges for that. Would anyone have reacted if his example had been "owning a gun makes every gun owner a potential murderer is the same as saying because they all have penises, every man is a potential rapist"? Hmmm? I don't think so. It's the same point, just worded differently.

At the same time, writing another letter in a public forum isn't going to help. If he thinks he's being discriminated against for a political opinion, take it to court, not a public forum. That's just stirring the pot, and no way to get better treatment.

Boarder
2/2/2004, 05:14 PM
Go ahead Sooner Boarder or Oregon and denounce the truth and I will only laugh my *** off.

The only reason you'd be laughing your butt off is if you looked in the mirror. Or had to listen to yourself.

Norm beat me to it. If he doesn't like it, quit. A job is a privlege, not a right. If the Dean told him he had to wear a bright green blazer to work each day or be fired, he better get to the Men's Wearhouse and put down some special orders real quick.

I'm all for having guns, btw. I have nice little collection myself. Now, I'm the kind of man who wouldn't harm a mouse, but if I catch somebody breaking in my house, I've got a 12 guage shotgun waiting on the other side.

usmc-sooner
2/2/2004, 05:20 PM
CDB
Simple man :)

bdfuge
2/2/2004, 05:42 PM
The only reason you'd be laughing your butt off is if you looked in the mirror.

How original SB, the creativity runs wild with you.

Norm beat me to it. If he doesn't like it, quit. A job is a privlege, not a right. If the Dean told him he had to wear a bright green blazer to work each day or be fired, he better get to the Men's Wearhouse and put down some special orders real quick.

As I said above employers have the right to run things the way they want to a point. And as almost everyone on this thread but you can agree on is the educational system is not your every day ordinary employer. And this so happens to not be your typical, I want to wear a nose ring and serve pizza to the public, and you can’t stop me situation. :rolleyes:

Bourbon St Sooner
2/2/2004, 05:58 PM
I'm loathe to make a judgement just by reading one side of the story. However the original metaphor he used was in poor taste. He obviously used that analogy just to be inflammatory and it didn't help his argument. He should have been reprimanded for the comment but not for his political views and it seems to me that initially that's what the university did. He should have accepted that and moved on.

I do agree with Kaiser that a university is a place for a free flow of ideas and a prof shouldn't be punished for speaking out. I think some of the later harrassment (if his story is correct) is over the top. Right now it's seems like two children fighting and neither one will grow up and just let it go. Give the dude his office back and forget about it.

Jerk
2/2/2004, 06:24 PM
Liberal professors say stupid things all the time and never so much as get a slap on the wrist.

Remember American Univ. prof that stated his opposition
to the Iraq war, and that in order not to be hypocritical, the anti-war people should hope for a U.S. Military defeat (which was his position)?? Oh sure, people like O'really raised hell, but I bet that guy is still there.

My frosh history textbook stated that Reagan put poison in baby food and sent it to South America.

It's just a fact that leftist wackos (many of whom are communists) can say whatever they want to, but if someone on the right says something then they get a lawsuit pinned on them for being a homophobic insensitive racist white male war mongoring meat eating bastard.

Jerk
2/2/2004, 06:26 PM
It pisses me off so much I would like get a running start and punt these people in the *** so hard with a steel toed boot that they end up in the next dimension (see quantom theory).

FaninAma
2/2/2004, 06:35 PM
I have to agree with Kaiser on this one. I can't imagine the administration at OU pushing this issue as far as they have, if this professor's assertions are true.

The difference between this situation and the Dixie Chicks is that the Dixie Chicks' careers depended on the popular opinion of their fans. They suffered from the fact that they lost the support of a lot of their customers. They weren't the reciepients of hostile employer actions. There is no evidence that the professor's actions at OU were detrimental to the University or hindered his job performance.

Conversley, apparently Dean Snow and other administrators have decided to wield the authority they have over a subordinate for the sole purpose of dissuading him from expressing his opinion, not because he has not performed his job to standards..

What would some of you do if your boss read some of your comments on this board(a public forum) and essentially took punitive action to force you to stop or not express your opinion because he or she disagreed with it? I know I would be pissed and I would be talking to an attorney. And that's one reason why it's probably fortunate that I am self-employed.

The Professor's detractors overreached and over-reacted. The OU administration has made the situation even worse by continuing to push the issue.

Remember,if this type intimidation is allowed to become common place any of you could find yourself in a situation in which a higher up at work could use his authority to harrass you and make your life miserable for no other reason than he disagreed with your political opinion.

An employee should be judged by his or her quality of work and his or her performance while on the job.

If OU's administration has documentation that he is performing his job poorly then they need to go after him for that. However, it would be highly supsicious for them to make that claim after all that has transpired if they had not made it before.

I think the guy has a hell of a court case if he is accurate in his assertions.

bdfuge
2/2/2004, 06:44 PM
It pisses me off so much I would like get a running start and punt these people in the *** so hard with a steel toed boot that they end up in the next dimension (see quantom theory).

I agree brother... the double standards are sickening.

They not only say stupid things, they fringe on treason against there own country...AT TIME OF WAR... all of the time with no worry of recourse by their institution.

Just look over the links I provided on the 1st page for the lefts power hold on schooling. None of the links have anything to do with rightwing propaganda either.

But people will continue to believe its absolutely normal and there is nothing going on. But watch daily anyone who stands up to de-name the mighty educational system, minorities, or the control the far left has on the schools will be crucified by the left as nothing more than bigots, extremist or racists. Truth be known they are all of the above and then some.

Boarder
2/2/2004, 10:34 PM
How original SB, the creativity runs wild with you.

You wouldn't know creativity if it was humping something in your front yard. Why did you say that OregonSooner and I would disagree with you? Again, I don't disagree with everything you say. I just dislike your attitude, personality, and posting style and want you to leave.

Now, back to reality, which you are never a part of...
The employee has every right to say whatever they choose. It's a free country, they totally have that right.

The employer has every right to punish said employee if they don't like what they said. It's a free country and they are the employer. The reason employers don't do it more often is they want to keep the employees. And, because they'd whine and cry "I'm suing" because they don't want to take responsibility for their own actions.

bdfuge
2/2/2004, 10:45 PM
You wouldn't know creativity if it was humping something in your front yard. Why did you say that OregonSooner and I would disagree with you? Again, I don't disagree with everything you say. I just dislike your attitude, personality, and posting style and want you to leave.

Now, back to reality, which you are never a part of...
The employee has every right to say whatever they choose. It's a free country, they totally have that right.

The employer has every right to punish said employee if they don't like what they said. It's a free country and they are the employer. The reason employers don't do it more often is they want to keep the employees. And, because they'd whine and cry "I'm suing" because they don't want to take responsibility for their own actions.

I love the attitude in that post little. Now why don’t you crawl back under the bed, fill your pie hole with a pacifier and stroke something…. Oh and good lord take this hanky, wipe the tears away before someone sees you.

I could care less what you think of me, and your obsession with me being gone is hitting new levels, now get over it, because your obsession with my demise is becoming legendary.

Boarder
2/2/2004, 10:52 PM
I love the attitude in that post little.

What exactly does that mean? Do you even read what you post? If not, then you are just like everyone else.

Now why don’t you crawl back under the bed, fill your pie hole with a pacifier and stroke something….

Good one. Can't wait to see your next one. Don Rickles would be proud of you, Mr Insulty Insulterton.

Oh and good lord take this hanky, wipe the tears away before someone sees you.
Again, makes no sense, but as a supposed Christian, you should know enough to always capitalize The Good Lord.

I could care less what you think of me,
Good

and your obsession with me being gone is hitting new levels, now get over it, because your obsession with my demise is becoming legendary.
It's only a matter of time. You know it. I know it. Everyone knows it.

Boarder
2/2/2004, 10:52 PM
Oh, forgot. Please go away. The act is old and annoying.

afs
2/2/2004, 10:53 PM
I remember that whole incident. He was stupid for saying what he was saying.

Not to mention it garbaged up the papers for weeks.
Yes. his little stunt prevented me from getting good quality Oklahoma Daily reporting. :mad:

bdfuge
2/2/2004, 10:58 PM
What exactly does that mean? Do you even read what you post? If not, then you are just like everyone else.

Good one. Can't wait to see your next one. Don Rickles would be proud of you, Mr Insulty Insulterton.

Again, makes no sense, but as a supposed Christian, you should know enough to always capitalize The Good Lord.

Good

It's only a matter of time. You know it. I know it. Everyone knows it.

Having a hard time understanding plane English? Let me help you before someone gets banned.

Shut the **** up.

Your arrogance makes me sick, I love the way you can see into the future, and then vouch for everyone else in your arrogant postings.

Now why don’t you go sniff another dog’s *** like a good boy, because I could care less about what you think.

Boarder
2/2/2004, 11:11 PM
Having a hard time understanding plane English? Let me help you before someone gets banned.

Shut the **** up.

AHHHHH, THERE it is! :D :D :D :D
How about a lyrics thread?
I see your truuuue colors...

Your arrogance makes me sick,
Makes you sick? Take two "don't ever come back" pills and don't call in the morning.

I love the way you can see into the future, and then vouch for everyone else in your arrogant postings.

So, you're saying I'm arrogant? Is that what you're really trying to say? 'cause I don't really get it clearly from your post.

Now why don’t you go sniff another dog’s *** like a good boy,

No, that really doesn't make much sense, but thanks for the suggestion.

because I could care less about what you think.

[garth algar] Thank You [/garth algar]

Where did you learn to argue? You should get your money back.

and, I almost forgot, but...please go away.

Norm In Norman
2/2/2004, 11:20 PM
db, give it a rest. Your barrage of flame bait is getting old. I think nothing makes you happier than for everyone to be pissed off on this board. If you would stop trying to be either funny or argumentative with every single post, I think you would add something to this board.

Quite personally, I think you are just trying to see how far you can go before getting permanently banned. Whatever floats your boat, I guess.

bdfuge
2/2/2004, 11:25 PM
AHHHHH, THERE it is! :D :D :D :D
How about a lyrics thread?
I see your truuuue colors...

Calm down silly, no need to make a complete and total *** of yourself

Makes you sick? Take two "don't ever come back" pills and don't call in the morning.

Now isn’t that cute, hell I about wet my pants trying to hold in the laughter.

So, you're saying I'm arrogant? Is that what you're really trying to say? 'cause I don't really get it clearly from your post.

Silly people never understand common sense.

I hope you know, I don’t hold this against you really I don't, I just believe you’re a *$&@$ &$@$ *Soonerboarder* please say it .... *huge* NOPE not gonna happen silly.

No, that really doesn't make much sense, but thanks for the suggestion.

Again, silly people have a hard time understanding simple commands, like a family pet you must house train them first.

[garth algar] Thank You [/garth algar]

Where did you learn to argue? You should get your money back.

and, I almost forgot, but...please go away.

What can I say here? You just look silly.

Boarder
2/2/2004, 11:31 PM
I hope you know, I don’t hold this against you really I don't, I just believe you’re a *$&@$ &$@$ *Soonerboarder* please say it .... *huge* NOPE not gonna happen silly.

In all of the "This doesn't make any sense" things that you have written, this may make the least sense. You are either trying to call me an a:dirty name or b:bunch of random characters.

Give it up. You're defenseless. It's not even a challenge.

Did you really tell me to go sniff another dog's butt? Wow.

Just go ahead and call me every name in the book. Get it over with. Come on.

Boarder
2/2/2004, 11:32 PM
Dang. Forgot again.

Please go away.

bdfuge
2/2/2004, 11:34 PM
In all of the "This doesn't make any sense" things that you have written, this may make the least sense. You are either trying to call me an a:dirty name or b:bunch of random characters.

Give it up. You're defenseless. It's not even a challenge.

Did you really tell me to go sniff another dog's butt? Wow.

Just go ahead and call me every name in the book. Get it over with. Come on.

You are sickening SB.. Now go play with mommy.

Stoop Dawg
2/2/2004, 11:36 PM
Tired shtick.

Very.

Tired.

Shtick.

bdfuge
db, give it a rest. Your barrage of flame bait is getting old. I think nothing makes you happier than for everyone to be pissed off on this board. If you would stop trying to be either funny or argumentative with every single post, I think you would add something to this board.

Quite personally, I think you are just trying to see how far you can go before getting permanently banned. Whatever floats your boat, I guess.

Go away norm... I could care less what you think, Or please join in with SB.

I will enjoy it.

Sooner Born Sooner Bred
CATFIGHT!!!!!!

Enrico Palazo
2/2/2004, 11:37 PM
I concur. The only problem is DE will ban me if I speak evil of dbhuge.

It's nice to see SoonerBoarder fighting the good fight.

How does someone who was banned from the old board get a free pass to come back on the new board? Consistency?

Boarder
2/2/2004, 11:37 PM
You are sickening SB.. Now go play with mommy.

sniff, sniff
The mighty dbd reduced to typing one sentence that ends with "Go play with mommy".

BWAAAHAAAHAAAHAAA

Wow, what has the "voice of the right" been reduced to.

can't
type

laughing
too
hard

BWAAAHAAAHAAAA

Norm In Norman
2/2/2004, 11:43 PM
Go away norm... I could care less what you think, Or please join in with SB.

I will enjoy it.

Oh my - a quest. I have little time here lately, but I will make sure that all of my time here is spent eating away at you.

bdfuge
2/2/2004, 11:46 PM
sniff, sniff
The mighty dbd reduced to typing one sentence that ends with "Go play with mommy".

BWAAAHAAAHAAAHAAA

Wow, what has the "voice of the right" been reduced to.

can't
type

laughing
too
hard

BWAAAHAAAHAAAA

I have never witnessed such a legitimate freak of stupidity as pure as you SB

I have never seen such a sissified little man try and harness a tad of power with keystrokes on a keyboard like you... Now as I have stated and will ask one more time... Please your mother is calling, it must be past your bedtime, and there won’t be any nipple in the morning if you don’t go to bed now.

You can wish for me to go away like a little boy hiding under his bed licking on the carpet wishing for his daddy to enter the room... Or you could just be a man and go away.

bdfuge
2/2/2004, 11:47 PM
Oh my - a quest. I have little time here lately, but I will make sure that all of my time here is spent eating away at you.

Thank you.

bdfuge
2/2/2004, 11:49 PM
Did I hurt your feelings SB? Did mother ground you?

I’m so lonely.. Hold me!

Boarder
2/2/2004, 11:50 PM
I have never witnessed such a legitimate freak of stupidity as pure as you SB

I have never seen such a sissified little man try and harness a tad of power with keystrokes on a keyboard like you... Now as I have stated and will ask one more time... Please your mother is calling, it must be past your bedtime, and there won’t be any nipple in the morning if you don’t go to bed now.

You can wish for me to go away like a little boy hiding under his bed licking on the carpet wishing for his daddy to enter the room... Or you could just be a man and go away.

You're not supposed to name call. Didn't you read the rules?

You're really not much fun to argue with. How many times can someone make a comeback to "my mother is calling". You really got me on that one.

See, you've made me forget the past few times...
please go away. I'm asking nicely.

And seriously, no flame at all here...
What exactly does "like a little boy hiding under his bed licking on the carpet wishing for his daddy to enter the room" mean. I have never heard of anything remotely like that before. And what is your obsession with licking and kissing things other than women?

Boarder
2/2/2004, 11:51 PM
Did I hurt your feelings SB? Did mother ground you?

I’m so lonely.. Hold me!

Nope, just takes more than a few seconds to type something coherent.

Cam
2/2/2004, 11:54 PM
Confucius say: Sometimes, the best advice to take is ones own.

Boarder
2/2/2004, 11:55 PM
Tick Tock Tick Tock

Yawn

(looks at watch)

Stoop Dawg
2/2/2004, 11:57 PM
I have never witnessed such a legitimate freak of stupidity as pure as you

Now that is funny ... considering the source!

bdfuge
2/3/2004, 12:01 AM
Nope, just takes more than a few seconds to type something coherent.

And you do a good job of this? ha .... ha bs

Your first two attacks on me where merely nothing more than quote for quote simplistic bull****... No creativity what so ever, Now I could care less how you want to conduct your self while attacking another board member, but please at least be creative, funny and silly while you do so, or one might take you seriously.

bdfuge
2/3/2004, 12:01 AM
Confucius say: Sometimes, the best advice to take is ones own.

I should have a thread ago..

Thanks.

Boarder
2/3/2004, 12:05 AM
And you do a good job of this? ha .... ha bs

Your first two attacks on me where merely nothing more than quote for quote simplistic bull****...

No, they were replys to each of your points(?) in an orderly manner, instead of lumping them at the end. That way, you could see each thing I was responding to, so there would be no doubt.

Oh, stop cussing, btw. It's offensive.

No creativity what so ever, Now I could care less how you want to conduct your self while attacking another board member, but please at least be creative, funny and silly while you do so, or one might take you seriously.

Oh, I'm quite serious. Please leave. Seriously.

Want it Jenni Carlson style?

Please leave dbd.
Please.
Leave.
dbd.
Seriously.
Leave.
Please.

How's that for creative?

Enrico Palazo
2/3/2004, 12:09 AM
db, why do you post where you are hated? Why don't you go find a board that goes along with your beliefs?

Boarder
2/3/2004, 12:31 AM
Wow, it worked! Hooray!

Making the SO better...one thread at a time.

bdfuge
2/3/2004, 12:41 AM
db, why do you post where you are hated? Why don't you go find a board that goes along with your beliefs?

Wow he speaks; I’m surprised he actually put 3 words together before slobbering all over himself.

Nice job Einstein.

Boarder
2/3/2004, 12:42 AM
Wow he speaks; I’m surprised he actually put 3 words together before slobbering all over himself.

Nice job Einstein.

Giving ALL credit to Stoop Dawg...

bdfuge
2/3/2004, 12:43 AM
Wow, it worked! Hooray!

Making the SO better...one thread at a time.

Wake up smell the coffee oh smackless one.

Now run and grab daddy the paper, you remember how don't you?

Boarder
2/3/2004, 12:44 AM
Hey, dbd, who mentioned who first in this thread? Me or you?

[Jeopardy theme playing]
Quick, someone help him out

Boarder
2/3/2004, 12:45 AM
Quick, who is this...

"Yew go on outta thar and fitch dadduh the paper! Come on now, y'hear!"

mmmmmm...coffee....mmmmm

bdfuge
2/3/2004, 12:46 AM
Giving ALL credit to Stoop Dawg...

Oh look he has a friend isn’t that cute, and look he’s giving him props.

Now go shine his *** hairs with your lips. I haven’t the time to illustrate how retarded you will look in the morning.

Boarder
2/3/2004, 12:48 AM
Now go shine his *** hairs with your lips. I haven’t the time to illustrate how retarded you will look in the morning.

I may just have to change my stance on you. You're getting funnier with each post!

I'VE GOT IT! You're James The Marvel, right?

Blue
2/3/2004, 12:48 AM
What would Fonzi do?

bdfuge
2/3/2004, 12:49 AM
What would Fonzi do?

Sniff the doggies *** ?

SweetheartSooner
2/3/2004, 12:50 AM
I thought this thread was suppost to be about Dr. Deming. Man, was i mistaken.

Blue
2/3/2004, 12:52 AM
I thought this thread was suppost to be about Dr. Deming. Man, was i mistaken.

Dr. Deming shines butts with his lips and fetchas his papas paper.

Boarder
2/3/2004, 12:57 AM
Ok, dbd, I'm gonna let you off the hook for the night. I have other things to do.

I really thought you'd be more of a challenge to argue with, but alas...it's too hard to keep replying to such great put downs "my mommy's calling".

You keep on playing your little bizzaro game. It will run its course, and you'll be gone soon enough.

And, I would like to personally apologize to everyone who wants dbd to stay around. Both of you.

Goodnight!

bdfuge
2/3/2004, 12:59 AM
Hey, dbd, who mentioned who first in this thread? Me or you?

[Jeopardy theme playing]
Quick, someone help him out

SB, I have nothing against you other than you and Oregon uses to have a bad habit of jumping into my post with slaps on a daily basis. Now if that constitutes both of our behaviors tonight, I’m all with it.

I have had fun though, and I think it was rather civil. Now though I must go, I have beauty sleep to attend too... Ya know being 37 fat and balding is a job in it itself.

So I leave you with these words of wisdom, don’t bite off more than you can chew. And enjoy silliness when you see it, don’t always expect the worst from a fellow Sooner.

PS: I was kidding about the balding part, I’m a hairy mother ****er.

Now carry on.

bdfuge
2/3/2004, 01:03 AM
Ok, dbd, I'm gonna let you off the hook for the night. I have other things to do.

I really thought you'd be more of a challenge to argue with, but alas...it's too hard to keep replying to such great put downs "my mommy's calling".

You keep on playing your little bizzaro game. It will run its course, and you'll be gone soon enough.

And, I would like to personally apologize to everyone who wants dbd to stay around. Both of you.

Goodnight!

Your point?

Now have a good night, and please mother is watching so be a good wittle boy tonight, no playing around with Mr. Pinky.

Boarder
2/3/2004, 01:12 AM
Just couldn't let it go, huh?

For two posts back...You could count the number of times I have invaded your posts on one hand. Three times, I can think of.

As for the last ramble, my points are very clear.

1. You are unliked around here.

2. You can't possibly be so strange in person, so this is some sort of little persona (ala SoonerWill) you are playing on this board.

3. Said persona will be gone soon enough, because said persona was banned previously.

4. You seem to be some sort of self appointed spokesman for what needs to be fixed in this country, so one would think you could argue well.

5. You can't argue well. You merely type bizzaro phrases such as the "licking the carpet" one. Which, as it turns out, is the reason most people don't like you in the first place. (see point 1)

6. I hate to offend anyone who wants you around, but there are probably not too many of them.

Is that clear enough? If there is any point you need clarification on, I'll get to it tomorrow.

bdfuge
2/3/2004, 02:19 AM
Just couldn't let it go, huh?

For two posts back...You could count the number of times I have invaded your posts on one hand. Three times, I can think of.

As for the last ramble, my points are very clear.

1. You are unliked around here.

2. You can't possibly be so strange in person, so this is some sort of little persona (ala SoonerWill) you are playing on this board.

3. Said persona will be gone soon enough, because said persona was banned previously.

4. You seem to be some sort of self appointed spokesman for what needs to be fixed in this country, so one would think you could argue well.

5. You can't argue well. You merely type bizzaro phrases such as the "licking the carpet" one. Which, as it turns out, is the reason most people don't like you in the first place. (see point 1)

6. I hate to offend anyone who wants you around, but there are probably not too many of them.

Is that clear enough? If there is any point you need clarification on, I'll get to it tomorrow.

Clever, coherent, simplistic Houston we have a problem… nothing but lies… You almost had me their Boarder... Now try again.

You truly believe no one wants me around? Then please God... start a poll and I will abide by its outcome, Oh witty one.

Now please SB, don't upset me or your whittle friends feelings, start the poll and live out your fantasy. :rolleyes:

bdfuge
2/3/2004, 02:22 AM

Goodnight!

Arrogance in its purest form, now wake up SB before someone slaps your *** silly. :rolleyes:

Jimmy Lizard
2/3/2004, 02:28 AM
Many of you misunderstand... Dean Snow does not own the University, or his school. No Dean should allow his own political opinions to become institutionalized dogma.

David Deming's problems are why I have vowed to never teach for a public university again. Unless you have worked behind the scenes, you don't realize how bad it can get.

We had a junior prof at Cal Poly that wanted to speak out against a resolution condemning the war in Iraq. Do you really think that his department would respect his right to voice his opinion? I told him that that this was a public university and the freedom of speech didn't mean a damn thing to the faculty.

Luckily for him the Ag Department showed up in force at the next Academic Senate meeting and put a kabosh to the whole affair.

I once made the mistake of wearing my NRA shirt to school on a weekend. (The NRA is especially villified by faculty.) During these weekends, I opened my office for students to help them with their coursework, but my consideration didn't mean a damn thing to the faculty members that saw me in that shirt that day. I was actually called into the office of one to explain myself.

You can search to the ends of the earth, but you will never find more hypocrisy than on a college campus.

bdfuge
2/3/2004, 02:44 AM
Many of you misunderstand... Dean Snow does not own the University, or his school. No Dean should allow his own political opinions to become institutionalized dogma.

David Deming's problems are why I have vowed to never teach for a public university again. Unless you have worked behind the scenes, you don't realize how bad it can get.

We had a junior prof at Cal Poly that wanted to speak out against a resolution condemning the war in Iraq. Do you really think that his department would respect his right to voice his opinion? I told him that that this was a public university and the freedom of speech didn't mean a damn thing to the faculty.

Luckily for him the Ag Department showed up in force at the next Academic Senate meeting and put a kabosh to the whole affair.

I once made the mistake of wearing my NRA shirt to school on a weekend. (The NRA is especially villified by faculty.) During these weekends, I opened my office for students to help them with their coursework, but my consideration didn't mean a damn thing to the faculty members that saw me in that shirt that day. I was actually called into the office of one to explain myself.

You can search to the ends of the earth, but you will never find more hypocrisy than on a college campus.

You are preaching to the wall brother. Conservatism is dead on this forum.

And if you continue to preach the right way, be prepared to be crucified.

Boarder
2/3/2004, 11:39 AM
Clever, coherent, simplistic Houston we have a problem… nothing but lies… You almost had me their Boarder... Now try again.

You truly believe no one wants me around? Then please God... start a poll and I will abide by its outcome, Oh witty one.

Now please SB, don't upset me or your whittle friends feelings, start the poll and live out your fantasy. :rolleyes:

What, exactly, was a lie? Please point it out. What did I say that was a lie? Hmmm? What?

I'm dead serious about this: Don't refer to me as God. That is extremely blasphemous, and I won't be a part of it. I am not God and can never be anywhere near the glory that He is.

And, who is going to "slap me silly"? That's two threats and numerous names spewed out by you. What's next? Gonna put some porn on the board? Gonna throw out some (more) racial slurs? You break some of the rules, why not go for them all?

So, what you're saying is that if I put a poll and people say they don't want you around, you'll leave and not come back? Is that so? Say it's so, and the poll will be written.

C&CDean
2/3/2004, 12:04 PM
Alright. E-****ing nuff. The gayness quotient is staggering here.

1. I know Sooner Boarder personally. I like him very much. He's a great guy, with a great family.

2. I know Norm personally. I like him very much. He's a great guy with a great family.

3. I've met Sooner Lil. I don't know her too much, but I do like her alot.

4. I know SBSB personally. I like her very much. She's a sweet person.

5. I know bri personally. I like him very much. He's a very nice guy (even though his musical tastes suck putrid baby diapers).

What do all these people have in common? db seems to harbor a grudge against them.

I think I've met dbhuge, and for the most part I share his views - politically/musically speaking.

My observation/opinion (take it or leave it):

dbhuge has de-evolved back into the blustering, blithering, say-nothing guy he was on the old board. I strongly believe that you don't have to be a complete, total, absolute ****ing idiot to people to get your point across.

db - you've gone too far here. Nobody is listening to your "point/s" anymore because you don't ever make one. You criticize/degrade/accuse/shout down/make fun of/pick fights with everybody on this board who has an opinion that doesn't exactly mirror yours. You've really turned into a absolute ****ing bore man.

You can't spell, you can't write, and you can't make a point without denegrating somebody on this board (many of whom I know and like very much). It's one thing to have an aggressive "style." It's another thing to be a ****ing moron just because it's become your "style."

Hate to say it db, but if they put up a poll, you'd be gone like a fart in an Oklahoma wind storm. You've become the school bully and nobody likes a bully. And your opinion/s don't even matter anymore. You've pretty much just lost it man. Right or wrong.

Beano's Fourth Chin
2/3/2004, 12:29 PM
I never would have taken you for a left wing wacko, CCDean.

C&CDean
2/3/2004, 12:36 PM
Thems a fightin' words!

A "wacko" to be sure, but as far from "left wing" as one could be.

KaiserSooner
2/3/2004, 12:41 PM
Sheesh, this was a really good thread....way back on the first page.

Beano's Fourth Chin
2/3/2004, 12:41 PM
Thems a fightin' words!

A "wacko" to be sure, but as far from "left wing" as one could be.

Sorry, but if you talk bad about bfudge, you cross over into the ranks of the liberal.

Should have warned you before you went Peter Brady on his bully ***.

Rhino
2/3/2004, 12:42 PM
http://www.oklahomarock.com/SF/jerry.gif

Norm In Norman
2/3/2004, 12:43 PM
That's what I like about you Dean. You put what we are all thinking and put it into words that anyone can understand.

Boarder
2/3/2004, 01:32 PM
Come on, hurry up and type your silly reply.

Boarder
2/3/2004, 01:37 PM
You having trouble seeing the keyboard through the tears?

bdfuge
2/3/2004, 01:53 PM
David you can pull out the shoe because I've had enough of the little pissant, the pussies and the punks who run around this board humping one another.

Alright. E-****ing nuff. The gayness quotient is staggering here.

1. I know Sooner Boarder personally. I like him very much. He's a great guy, with a great family.

2. I know Norm personally. I like him very much. He's a great guy with a great family.

3. I've met Sooner Lil. I don't know her too much, but I do like her alot.

4. I know SBSB personally. I like her very much. She's a sweet person.

5. I know bri personally. I like him very much. He's a very nice guy (even though his musical tastes suck putrid baby diapers).

What do all these people have in common? db seems to harbor a grudge against them.

That’s a crock of bull**** and you know it, I have no grudge against bri, SBSB or Lil, I have a problem with Beano, Norm and SB this is very true. I think they are arrogant little pissants. They believe they can do no wrong. As you do they believe they are the elite of the forum, without flaw, perfect in everyway, and that turns my stomach and many other people who wont speak up about it. They have ran off more people Than I can count, and please don't say I have ran off people, maybe I have from the South Oval but I do not take the same face into the other forums.

In addition, speaking of someone who runs his mouth, in an out of control manner Dean? You are the king of this , you just happen to be the Leader of the Clique on this forum and can do as you damn well please. Like calling, people straight up fag or bitch without fear of being banned or called out because you’re Dean the tailgate guy. And don’t call that bull****, we see it all the time Dean so please don’t deny it you will only look stupid doing so.

I think I've met dbhuge, and for the most part I share his views - politically/musically speaking.

You did and for the most part I thought you was a very nice guy, had a very nice ICE chest full of beer, and you was kind enough to let a stranger use your little pooty poo.

My observation/opinion (take it or leave it):

dbhuge has de-evolved back into the blustering, blithering, say-nothing guy he was on the old board. I strongly believe that you don't have to be a complete, total, absolute ****ing idiot to people to get your point across.

db - you've gone too far here. Nobody is listening to your "point/s" anymore because you don't ever make one. You criticize/degrade/accuse/shout down/make fun of/pick fights with everybody on this board who has an opinion that doesn't exactly mirror yours. You've really turned into a absolute ****ing bore man.

Dean this is total bull**** and you know it, this thread was going along fine, did I **** up calling SB out. Yes I did **** up by asking SB to disprove a point I had made. However, the punk has to run his mouth instead and has done so in many of my post and I should have expected him to do nothing but the same, and he did. No ****ing surprise there huh Dean? Go read it and maybe even you will figure it out. But there is no reason to go read his mouthy *** responses to my post, for he is one of your buddies, So just **** me and keep on moving.

You can't spell, you can't write, and you can't make a point without denegrating somebody on this board (many of whom I know and like very much). It's one thing to have an aggressive "style." It's another thing to be a ****ing moron just because it's become your "style."

Hate to say it db, but if they put up a poll, you'd be gone like a fart in an Oklahoma wind storm. You've become the school bully and nobody likes a bully. And your opinion/s don't even matter anymore. You've pretty much just lost it man. Right or wrong.

Guess what Dean you explained yourself to the tee above, and I could give a rats ***, now take your spelling/grammar smack and shove it where the sun don’t shine ****ing punk. You have fallen into the clique and that disgusts me…. In addition, trust me I could care less what you ****ing think.

You are one of the only pissants on this forum that gets away with calling people straight up names. You only garner the respect of the fools that run this forum because you toss the tailgates parties, its fairly simple to understand. It sure the hell isn’t your loud mouth style of posting. Which for the most part, I have always enjoyed. :rolleyes:

Now Dean, do me a favor go cuddle up with your boy friends Norm, SB, Beano and go **** yourselves.

It’s been fabulous. Beano you’re a punk, Norm your funny but and a big old puss, SB I would love to meet you face to face and wipe the tears from your eyes.

Bri ………….. You funny sumbitch, its been unreal, I will probably see you sometime around Tulsa soon so I can rip that pink ****ing scarf off your ***. :p

The others I have contact thru PM … be real, and don’t give up what you believe in, even when you have 3 or 4 punk asses hounding you daily.

Adios

Oh and by the way David, You might look into banning Dean, the man calls more people vulgar names than anyone in the history of this forum and that’s including me.

bdfuge
2/3/2004, 01:55 PM
Come on, hurry up and type your silly reply.

Little boy why don’t you go play with yourself.

And what have you been doing looking around my profile... don’t deny it.

Need to know where I live? Just email me and we can arrange this

Stoop Dawg
2/3/2004, 02:01 PM
David you can pull out the shoe because I've had enough of the little pissant, the pussies and the punks who run around this board humping one another.

That’s a crock of bull**** and you know it, I have no grudge against bri, SBSB or Lil, I have a problem with Beano, Norm and SB this is very true. I think they are arrogant little pissants. They believe they can do no wrong. As you do they believe they are the elite of the forum, without flaw, perfect in everyway, and that turns my stomach and many other people who wont speak up about it. They have ran off more people Than I can count, and please don't say I have ran off people, maybe I have from the South Oval but I do not take the same face into the other forums.

In addition, speaking of someone who runs his mouth, in an out of control manner Dean? You are the king of this , you just happen to be the Leader of the Clique on this forum and can do as you damn well please. Like calling, people straight up fag or bitch without fear of being banned or called out because you’re Dean the tailgate guy. And don’t call that bull****, we see it all the time Dean so please don’t deny it you will only look stupid doing so.

You did and for the most part I thought you was a very nice guy, had a very nice ICE chest full of beer, and you was kind enough to let a stranger use your little pooty poo.

Dean this is total bull**** and you know it, this thread was going along fine, did I **** up calling SB out. Yes I did **** up by asking SB to disprove a point I had made. However, the punk has to run his mouth instead and has done so in many of my post and I should have expected him to do nothing but the same, and he did. No ****ing surprise there huh Dean? Go read it and maybe even you will figure it out. But there is no reason to go read his mouthy *** responses to my post, for he is one of your buddies, So just **** me and keep on moving.

Guess what Dean you explained yourself to the tee above, and I could give a rats ***, now take your spelling/grammar smack and shove it where the sun don’t shine ****ing punk. You have fallen into the clique and that disgusts me…. In addition, trust me I could care less what you ****ing think.

You are one of the only pissants on this forum that gets away with calling people straight up names. You only garner the respect of the fools that run this forum because you toss the tailgates parties, its fairly simple to understand. It sure the hell isn’t your loud mouth style of posting. Which for the most part, I have always enjoyed. :rolleyes:

Now Dean, do me a favor go cuddle up with your boy friends Norm, SB, Beano and go **** yourselves.

It’s been fabulous. Beano you’re a punk, Norm your funny but and a big old puss, SB I would love to meet you face to face and wipe the tears from your eyes.

Bri ………….. You funny sumbitch, its been unreal, I will probably see you sometime around Tulsa soon so I can rip that pink ****ing scarf off your ***. :p

The others I have contact thru PM … be real, and don’t give up what you believe in, even when you have 3 or 4 punk asses hounding you daily.

Adios

Oh and by the way David, You might look into banning Dean, the man calls more people vulgar names than anyone in the history of this forum and that’s including me.

I just thought this should be saved for posterity before he realizes what an *** he's made of himself and deletes it. Oh wait, this is db we're talking about, nevermind.....

bdfuge
2/3/2004, 02:10 PM
I just thought this should be saved for posterity before he realizes what an *** he's made of himself and deletes it. Oh wait, this is db we're talking about, nevermind.....

I wouldn’t delete it dumbass, I posted the truth..

Shouldn’t you be over humping one of your buddies’ threads right now?

Stoop Dawg
2/3/2004, 02:13 PM
Shouldn’t you be over humping one of your buddies’ threads right now?

I'm having more fun humping yours. This is how you like it, right?

Say my name, bitch! Say it!

Ike
2/3/2004, 02:18 PM
Pardon me you guys, Im just posting thru

Norm In Norman
2/3/2004, 02:26 PM
The funny thing is, this all started with DB calling boarder out. There are several people I have seen that constantly give DB crap, and it has never been boarder.

And if db can't tell the difference between his posting style and Dean's... nevermind. It is obvious that he can't.

TopDawg
2/3/2004, 02:31 PM
You ever show up at the scene of a fight just when they're breaking it up?!

DANG MAN! At least in this case I can go back and catch up.

Pricetag
2/3/2004, 02:31 PM
I feel like I've just witnessed some kind of cataclismic natural disaster. While I'm horrified by the carnage, I'm still somewhat thrilled by the spectacle of it all.

RacerX
2/3/2004, 02:36 PM
What is this ridiculous list of people that were run off?

Come on DB...who has been run off?

Beano's Fourth Chin
2/3/2004, 02:37 PM
Maybe he's talking about Alabama people.

I'm guilty.

RacerX
2/3/2004, 02:40 PM
I just dislike your attitude, personality, and posting style and want you to leave.

WOOHOO.

Post of the day and I totally agree.

Boarder
2/3/2004, 02:43 PM
Wow, that didn't take long. Is it true? Adios, as in, you're not coming back? GREAT! The goal has been accomplished.

Did you really tell me to go play with myself? Are you five? Give it up, dude.

I look to your profile, yes. It tells where you are at the time, so I can see when you are attempting a reply to anything. That way, it's easy to read your babbling quickly.

You have been exposed, AGAIN, for what you are. A name caller, a threat maker, and someone who doesn't have a backup to his loud ideas.

As Johnny Ringo said, "Well...BYE!"

Boarder
2/3/2004, 02:45 PM
Yes I did **** up by asking SB to disprove a point I had made.

Ummm, I kind of like this as post of the day.

C&CDean
2/3/2004, 02:48 PM
1. db - I call a spade a spade. I don't need to unneccessarily add bluster, bravado, and phony bull**** to it. You're being an *******. A major league *******.

2. Your "style" and my style are very much different. You see, there's people in this world that can say "****" and have others nod their head in agreement with a smile on their face.

There's other people in this world that say "****" and everyone is screaming about how vulgar they are. The difference between your style and mine (besides the obvious grammatical differences) is that I am the former, you are the latter.

3. Me throwing tailgates (I don't actually "throw" them, I support them for Phil with my time, money, and effort) has nothing to do with my rights here as a poster. If I was as PERSONALLY offensive to people as you have been I'd be embarrassed, and would expect to be banned.

4. Swaggering around acting like a tough guy - threatening to slap the **** outta anybody and everybody - blowing and going like you do is ****ed up. I want everybody to have an opinion, disagree, toss around some GOOD NATURED ribbing, and at the end of the day agree that we're all thankful we're Americans and Sooner fans.

You, on the other hand, just want to fight. You're obviously very angry about something (and I suspect it goes much deeper than liberal/conservative values) and you lash out at folks around here like everything that's ****ed up in the world is their fault.

You preach accountibility db. Practice what you preach. When everybody but you is seeing something a certain way, don't you think that it just might be you that's wrong?

Quit being a hate-mongering, threatening, blustering blowhard and take a look at the **** you post. Others find your **** offensive. Why? Because you actually believe it, and you've become unable to even discuss it without a bunch of bully-bull****.

Also, remember that this is an internet bbs. It ain't REAL life db. Take a deep breath, step away from the keyboard, and THINK.

Cam
2/3/2004, 03:57 PM
Preach on. Pretty much everything I was thinking but just didn't want to take the time to type.

1. db - I call a spade a spade. I don't need to unneccessarily add bluster, bravado, and phony bull**** to it. You're being an *******. A major league *******.

2. Your "style" and my style are very much different. You see, there's people in this world that can say "****" and have others nod their head in agreement with a smile on their face.

There's other people in this world that say "****" and everyone is screaming about how vulgar they are. The difference between your style and mine (besides the obvious grammatical differences) is that I am the former, you are the latter.

3. Me throwing tailgates (I don't actually "throw" them, I support them for Phil with my time, money, and effort) has nothing to do with my rights here as a poster. If I was as PERSONALLY offensive to people as you have been I'd be embarrassed, and would expect to be banned.

4. Swaggering around acting like a tough guy - threatening to slap the **** outta anybody and everybody - blowing and going like you do is ****ed up. I want everybody to have an opinion, disagree, toss around some GOOD NATURED ribbing, and at the end of the day agree that we're all thankful we're Americans and Sooner fans.

You, on the other hand, just want to fight. You're obviously very angry about something (and I suspect it goes much deeper than liberal/conservative values) and you lash out at folks around here like everything that's ****ed up in the world is their fault.

You preach accountibility db. Practice what you preach. When everybody but you is seeing something a certain way, don't you think that it just might be you that's wrong?

Quit being a hate-mongering, threatening, blustering blowhard and take a look at the **** you post. Others find your **** offensive. Why? Because you actually believe it, and you've become unable to even discuss it without a bunch of bully-bull****.

Also, remember that this is an internet bbs. It ain't REAL life db. Take a deep breath, step away from the keyboard, and THINK.

TopDawg
2/3/2004, 04:03 PM
PO. PMEIWTBJDWTTTTTT.

Preach on. Pretty much everything I was thinking but just didn't want to take the time to type.

Originally Posted by C&CDean

Bourbon St Sooner
2/3/2004, 05:17 PM
Oh look he has a friend isn’t that cute, and look he’s giving him props.

This is my personal favorite here although I haven't gotten to the end yet. Maybe there will be another one.

RacerX
2/3/2004, 05:33 PM
I wish I could vote this thread 5 stars...but alas, I've already rated it.

TopDawg
2/3/2004, 05:33 PM
Thar, I did it for you.

RacerX
2/3/2004, 05:34 PM
remember when top of page was kind of a cool thing?

Sooner_Bob
2/3/2004, 06:22 PM
So this is the meltdown thread . . .

Harry Beanbag
2/3/2004, 06:30 PM
I can't believe I read the whole thing. Actually, I skipped the first few posts before we got to the good stuff. Good Work guys.

Oldnslo
2/3/2004, 06:51 PM
Breath taking. Seems like just about every forum has a "meltdown dude" on it. Must be lackanookie or some other Hawaiian disease.

BigRedJed
2/3/2004, 07:21 PM
Wait... I thought this was the TU de-motivational thread.

roostercogburn
2/3/2004, 08:12 PM
Holy flipping cow.

PDXsooner
2/3/2004, 08:20 PM
i don't agree with c&c on everything, but he certainly nailed it on this one...

Sooner Born Sooner Bred
2/4/2004, 12:39 AM
Awww, Dean likes me, he really likes me.

RedstickSooner
2/4/2004, 01:58 AM
Best.

Meltdown.

EVER.

jk the sooner fan
2/4/2004, 09:28 AM
wow........I had not read this thread past the first page....I was going to respond but my opinions on the original question had already (for the most part) been expressed by others.

I had no idea db had the meltdown of monumental proportions.....

yermom
1/12/2005, 10:41 AM
what is this?

SoonerAtKU
1/12/2005, 10:59 AM
Started off well, but in came Debbie Downer...

yermom
7/17/2006, 04:37 PM
Best.

Meltdown.

EVER.

this one's for Dean

Jerk
7/17/2006, 04:54 PM
I was really angry back in 2004.

This Zoloft stuff sure has made a difference.

Jerk
7/17/2006, 04:55 PM
whoa! Dean was really in a bad mood back in 2004!!

Vaevictis
7/17/2006, 04:55 PM
Damn*t, I was really angry back in 2004.

... and you're not now?

Jerk
7/17/2006, 04:58 PM
No, not really. I'm even starting to get along with some of the most liberal posters here. I even gave Hatfield and Johnymack spek. spek!!! Can you believe that? I get along with Bri now, too.

Last time I got bent out of shape was over the NYT deal because I didn't think they had a right to do that.

Stoop Dawg
7/17/2006, 06:16 PM
Those were good times. Good times, indeed.

TopDawg
7/17/2006, 07:04 PM
PO. PMEIWTBJDWTTTTTT.

I'm disappointed this one didn't catch on.

Errr...IDTODCO.

SelmaBamaFan
7/18/2006, 09:38 AM
Maybe he's talking about Alabama people.

I'm guilty.

heh, ppl dont call you 'meano' fer nuthin!!! :D

TheHumanAlphabet
7/18/2006, 09:57 AM
Academia and academia at OU is all about image and nothing about education. Deming is right, women and minorities are given a hand up on employment opportunities (regardless of their qualifications or lack there of). Tenure is a touchy thing, I have seen people given tenure when their dosier was less than stellar - in order to be diverse...I have seen men and women denied for no good (public) reason.

Deming may be tilting at windmills, but it is ironic that the "free speech" Boren et al. espouses is not as equally applied to conservative issues as it is to liberal issues.

Deming may be an idiot, why stick around when your not wanted, but on the other hand, I doubt if he would get a positive recommendation from his administration, something that would be needed to land a position elsewhere.

Stoop Dawg
7/18/2006, 12:22 PM
Academia and academia at OU is all about image and nothing about education. Deming is right, women and minorities are given a hand up on employment opportunities (regardless of their qualifications or lack there of). Tenure is a touchy thing, I have seen people given tenure when their dosier was less than stellar - in order to be diverse...I have seen men and women denied for no good (public) reason.

This happens everywhere, not just academia. And "given employment" <> "given respect".

Deming may be tilting at windmills, but it is ironic that the "free speech" Boren et al. espouses is not as equally applied to conservative issues as it is to liberal issues.

Not ironic at all. I think it's perfectly logical to expect a University to reflect the values of the people who run it. Schools in Oklahoma are likely to be conservative. Schools on the East coast are likely to be liberal. This ain't rocket science.

Deming may be an idiot, why stick around when your not wanted, but on the other hand, I doubt if he would get a positive recommendation from his administration, something that would be needed to land a position elsewhere.

You can't punch your boss in the face then ask for a letter of recommendation. This falls into the "think before you act" category. He should have left when he realized that his values and those of his employer were severely at odds - which is probably right before he was hired.

1stTimeCaller
7/18/2006, 12:25 PM
This happens everywhere, not just academia. And "given employment" <> "given respect".

Not ironic at all. I think it's perfectly logical to expect a University to reflect the values of the people who run it. Schools in Oklahoma are likely to be conservative. Schools on the East coast are likely to be liberal. This ain't rocket science.

You can't punch your boss in the face then ask for a letter of recommendation. This falls into the "think before you act" category. He should have left when he realized that his values and those of his employer were severely at odds - which is probably right before he was hired.

:rolleyes:

Bourbon St Sooner
7/18/2006, 01:22 PM
Somebody should bane that dbfuge guy.

Boarder
7/18/2006, 11:58 PM
I'm really not proud of the way I acted. Sorry.

Blue
7/19/2006, 02:03 AM
"What would Fonzi do?"

It took me awhile to remember where that came from. Pulp Fiction of course...

yermom
7/19/2006, 08:15 AM

how do you post from under the bed anyway?

Norm In Norman
7/20/2006, 01:19 PM
YES YOU ARE!

Admit it.

OklahomaTuba
7/20/2006, 04:09 PM
Its amazing how everyone has kept the same avatars since 2004.

;)