PDA

View Full Version : Mean Green wet dreamers at it again...

Tear Down This Wall
6/20/2007, 02:36 PM
...they think Stoops and his staff and studying Southlake Carroll game film to prepare for UNT. It's really, really sad:

http://www.gomeangreen.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=34516

CobraKai
6/20/2007, 02:37 PM
They have a message board? What for?

Tear Down This Wall
6/20/2007, 02:42 PM
Now there's a good question. It's that way with many of our opponents' message boards. They really don't seem to have a purpose for existing.

soonerinabilene
6/20/2007, 02:49 PM
Now there's a good question. It's that way with many of our opponents' message boards. They really don't seem to have a purpose for existing.

like orangepower.com?

MextheBulldog
6/20/2007, 03:10 PM
...they think Stoops and his staff and studying Southlake Carroll game film to prepare for UNT. It's really, really sad:

http://www.gomeangreen.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=34516

It's probably worth taking at least a couple of looks at it. Why not -what you have to lose? I would assume Dodge will run the same O as he did at Southlake with some tricks up his sleeve.

OUstud
6/20/2007, 03:54 PM
Yeah his offense with talented D-1 players thrived vs. various Dallas-area high schools, but with not-so-talented D-1 players, against the likes of OU...it could get ugly.

CatfishSooner
6/20/2007, 04:35 PM
...WHAT IF?

BASSooner
6/20/2007, 05:56 PM
why is this even a thread? Their school isn't filled with any athletic tradition so they arn't educated in the athletic department. Just let them live in their fantasy world! jeez

goingoneight
6/20/2007, 06:55 PM
like OSU???

FIFY. ;)

InTexasandImStuck
6/20/2007, 07:02 PM
Miami Northwestern with at least 11 major D-1 players against Southlake Sept 15th at SMU stadium..

Should be a great HS game for those in the area.

insuranceman_22
6/20/2007, 09:41 PM
Guys I've seen several of Southlake's games when Dodge was at the helm. He did have very good players, but his teams weren't usually the fastest, although his line was always big. They simply didn't make any mistakes. They were extraordinarily good for the HS level, sort of like a decade of Jenks in Oklahoma, but probably a little better. Now that he's going to D1, I don't expect his work ethic to change.....but he hasn't ever faced anything like OU. We'll be bigger, stronger and faster pretty much across the board. This isn't going to be like the unmentionable bowl game. But all rights this shouldn't be a very close game. I don't expect a 77-0 like we did to A&M a few years ago, but a 40ish to 3ish game should occur. Dodge is about to get a dose of what he gave out for the last few years.

Give the Mean Green a break, they've got a new coach and don't know what to expect, their all pumped up.

Big Red Ron
6/21/2007, 09:09 AM
Give the Mean Green a break, they've got a new coach and don't know what to expect, their all pumped up.Pumped full of you know what...:rolleyes:

OUDoc
6/21/2007, 09:22 AM
Someone needs to remind them that real teams use the Mean Green to wipe their feet off before entering conference play.

RacerX
6/21/2007, 10:25 AM
http://www.soonerstats.com/football/series/details.cfm?oppid=108

stoops the eternal pimp
6/21/2007, 10:41 AM
"I think his squad will be prepared better than any team we have seen in the recent past...and, he'll be thinking it's an honor for OU that they got to play UNT."

Ahhh that whole thread is so cute...

Tear Down This Wall
6/21/2007, 10:46 AM
I like visiting the opponents websites to see what the vibe is. The Mean Green vibe is that their new high school coach has a spread offense that no one can stop. Although, they claim Mizzou took it when they signed the Southlake QB. We beat them on the road last year with Southlake QB, with so-called Southlake Spread offense installed for him.

Surely, Mizzou has better players than UNT, so...it will be an asswhipping for the ages for the Denton folk. The idea that Bob will spend 10 second watching high school game film to prepare for UNT is laughable.

I'll never understand why people think the "spread" offense is so tricky. Stoops & Co. have regularly shut down Mizzou and Texas Tech. Baylor also installed it and we still whipped them. Plus, Stoops worked for Steve Spurrier and saw it everyday in practice for years. I mean, it's not rocket science to him.

I bet Utah State gives us more of a game than UNT...or at least they'll keep the ball on the ground more so that the clock will keep moving as we pound them.

The nighmare of the UNT game is that its a 6 p.m. kick, they suck, and they'll be throwing a ton of incompletions all night. It'll be a midnight drive back to Dallas for us. Only a ton of interceptions and sacks will keep to clock rolling in the UNT route.

BlondeSoonerGirl
6/21/2007, 10:53 AM
MeanGreenGene's gonna be really mad when he sees this thread.

:kelvin:

Tear Down This Wall
6/21/2007, 10:55 AM
http://www.soonerstats.com/football/series/details.cfm?oppid=108

That 1991 game was the Bud Wilkinson Appreciation Day. Good game. Mike Gaddis running crazy. 40-2. The Mean Green blocked an extra point and ran it back for their two points.

That game was also the miscocosm of the difference between Switzer and Gibbs. Switzer's teams would have hung 60+ on them, like they did in 1987. Gibbs never really cut the players loose during a blowout.

Not that blowing people out is noble, but it gave backup players some game time experience. That's something we've missed dearly since Switzer left. I've often wished Stoops would pull starters sooner during blowouts so back up would get game time.

Joey Halzle only throwing two passes last year was ridiculous. I mean, we were up 45-0 at halftime against Middle Tennesee State. He could have pulled everyone at that point. Peterson could have spent the whole second half signing autographs the way Billy Sims used to do.

snp
6/21/2007, 11:22 AM

Uh, the staff has been breaking down the film from SLC for a couple months now.

It's not sad because that's the only film available and he's bringing the same concepts up to Denton.

NS5
6/21/2007, 11:50 AM
What we really need to focus on is their fan base is behind them 100%.
I, myself, appreciate the fact that they are about to face "half a hundred"
defeat and are still up routing for their team. Some things they need to
concentrate on: 1. How do we get into OU's backfield? 2. What do you do when DM,AP,or CB get the ball and they 3 yards into their backfield? 3. They see JJF brush block and is heading across the middle? Many more.

With a ex-ut player coach, they probably will just take the wooden nickel.

goingoneight
6/21/2007, 11:37 PM
Boo even beat those kids. Badly. This will be a REAL example of what happens when D1 schools schedule lightly. We'll get laughed at while USC makes all the highlight reels from beating real teams. This, SoonerFans... is the game mid-majors will get a 45 second hard-on for, then turn their TV off after AP runs their azzes over.