PDA

View Full Version : This is just stupid

soonerinabilene
6/19/2007, 05:39 PM
http://msn.foxsports.com/cbk/story/6938958?MSNHPHMA

I just don't agree with this at all.

GrapevineSooner
6/19/2007, 06:03 PM
Not like the kid's signing a letter of intent. Or that he's been offerred anything illegal.

If I had played sports in Junior High and was really good, and somebody asked where I was going to play, I would have verbally committed to OU and thought nothing of it. ;)

CatfishSooner
6/20/2007, 04:39 PM
retardation.

GottaHavePride
6/20/2007, 08:58 PM
Wait, he's "deciding" which school to go to? If both of those are public schools and neither of them is a specialty magnet school, you go to the one that's closest to your ****ing house. Or you pay to go to a private school. Stupid wasting-the-districts-money-transferring-you-to-an-out-of-area-school jerk.

royalfan5
6/20/2007, 09:20 PM
Wait, he's "deciding" which school to go to? If both of those are public schools and neither of them is a specialty magnet school, you go to the one that's closest to your ****ing house. Or you pay to go to a private school. Stupid wasting-the-districts-money-transferring-you-to-an-out-of-area-school jerk.
In this kid's case, the basketball program would be considered a magnet program.

OU Adonis
6/21/2007, 09:37 PM
Well my 8th grader nephew has already been in Capels camps and they have shown interest.

He is 6'7" and 240 though :D

TopDawg
6/22/2007, 06:13 PM
This is dumb. There's a decent chance Floyd won't even be around when the dude graduates high school.

From a column that was linked to that page:

And Floyd didn't exactly invent the idea of making offers to eighth-graders. The first verbal commitment that I can recall from a pre-high-schooler occurred four years ago when Taylor King gave the thumbs up to UCLA.

Two years later, point guard Cully Payne from Burlington Central High outside Chicago verbally committed to DePaul. Last year, Jereme Richmond committed to Illinois before attending his first class at Chicago's North Shore Country Day School. It should be noted that Richmond may be transferring to Waukegan High for his sophomore year.

Instead of enrolling at UCLA, King — a McDonald's All-American — has signed a letter-of-intent with Duke.

insuranceman_22
6/24/2007, 01:43 AM
This is silly.