PDA

View Full Version : law and contract ************s

OKLA21FAN
6/19/2007, 03:01 PM
I have a billing clerk that many times thinks she is a junior lawyer/cpa and her latest dealio is that she is refusing (or delaying) to set up accounts based on the color of ink (in this case BLUE) used by the signing parties of the service agreements. She is claiming that this is makes the contract/service agreement 'not valid or legal'. (esp in Texas)

The reason why we 'prefer' blue ink is that way we can differentiate pretty quickly the original from a photocopy. (basically it is a storage and housing dealio)

I was under the understanding that the 'blue ink' issues went out years ago when the pen companies changed their ink so it would photocopy better. Even the Texas State Comptroller allows blue ink on many applications.

that being said, don't even get me started with the Fax copy issue she is claiming. (there is a ling list of 'issues' she is....i can't believe i hired her.....and it may take months to get enough on her to let her go) lol

Thanks

Hamhock
6/19/2007, 03:10 PM
is she hawt?

Tulsa_Fireman
6/19/2007, 03:10 PM
Tell her to approve it or you'll fire her so hard her boobies will explode.

Exploding boobies always gets their attention.

47straight
6/19/2007, 03:12 PM
Almost as nice as when you call customer no-service and they won't give you some information about your own account, credit score, or the like because of mysterious, unnamed "federal law."

Some friends of mine took in their son's girlfriend to crash on their couch for a while because of some (as it turned out completely nonexistent) troubles. Turns out the girl was on the meth and stole checks and credit cards from them when they went out of town for a few weeks. Upon reporting it all to the sheriff's office, they were real insistent that the chick couldn't be thrown out without proper eviction proceedings. My ***!

Sorry to hijack the thread, but so much can get gunked up by the Miss Informations out there

OKLA21FAN
is she hawt?

nope, but she is loony tunes im thinking

and BTW, when we purchased our house, all our loans and closings were signed in BLUE ink for the same purpose i originally sited.

TMcGee86
Contracts in Texas are valid no matter what ink they are signed in.

She is a moran.

leavingthezoo
6/19/2007, 03:14 PM

She is a moran.

disappearing ink? :P

OKLA21FAN
6/19/2007, 03:15 PM

She is a moran.
and to go on step further,
i believe Texas is a 'handshake' state.

where is that Horn litigator dude when i need him? :)

TMcGee86
6/19/2007, 03:20 PM
and to go on step further,
i believe Texas is a 'handshake' state.

where is that Horn litigator dude when i need him? :)

If by handshake you mean oral contracts are enforceable, then yes, however there is no specific need for such a gesture.

I'm a lawyer in Houston.

TMcGee86
6/19/2007, 03:21 PM
disappearing ink? :P

LOL! Good one. That would be an interesting case. I think you could still enforce it as long as you had enough witnesses that saw him sign it.

That's probably used as a exam question in Contracts class.

OKLA21FAN
6/19/2007, 03:21 PM
If by handshake you mean oral contracts are enforceable, then yes, however there is no specific need for such a gesture.

I'm a lawyer in Houston.
we have a winnar!

thanks

TMcGee86
6/19/2007, 03:24 PM
I probably ought to classify that a bit.

Certain oral contracts are enforceable. The statute of frauds is in effect in Texas, so contracts of land, contracts that take over a year to perform, etc, cant be oral.

Tulsa_Fireman
6/19/2007, 03:39 PM
So if a girl says she'll... you know...

And she backs out and says no...

I could sue her in Texas for breach of contract?

OKLA21FAN
6/19/2007, 03:40 PM
the thought of anything oral and this lady is not a pretty sight...

thanks though

47straight
6/19/2007, 03:42 PM
So if a girl says she'll... you know...

And she backs out and says no...

I could sue her in Texas for breach of contract?

Depends on whether you gave her consideration. The law favors whores, but not sluts.

TUSooner
6/19/2007, 03:43 PM
Sheeeeeet! Nowadays whenever somebody tells me "the law sez" something, I say "What law?" and ask for a legal citation!

Tulsa_Fireman
6/19/2007, 03:44 PM
According to Dom Deluise, Texas has a whorehouse in it.

http://moviesmedia.ign.com/movies/image/article/699/699014/domdeluise-02_1143629211.jpg