PDA

View Full Version : I lost a lot of respect for Sir Mix a Lot

Sooner Born Sooner Bred
6/19/2007, 12:28 PM
He really hasn't done anything since Baby Got Back.

royalfan5
6/19/2007, 12:32 PM
His show back in the early days on the UPN was greatness too. He was some sort of security guy in Vegas. Good times. He also made a record with the Presidents of the United States of America.

Viking Kitten
6/19/2007, 12:32 PM
This is but one of many issues that represent the line drawn in the sand between L.A. Face and Oakland Booty.:pop:

King Crimson
6/19/2007, 12:38 PM
our only option is to bomb Iran and Europe.

Sooner Born Sooner Bred
6/19/2007, 12:39 PM
I have musical touring associates who have been fired from their jobs with Sir Mix-Alot for throwing away buttermilk biscuits

You heard that right. Fired for not eating buttermilk biscuits by booty-rights maniac, hard-core hip hop playah.

Petro-Sooner
6/19/2007, 12:45 PM

See now your just going over the line. :D :D :D

Viking Kitten
6/19/2007, 12:50 PM
In all fairness, there's probably a lot of SWASS in Iran.

Boomer.....
6/19/2007, 12:52 PM
How can you forget Put Em On The Glass?

47straight
6/19/2007, 12:59 PM
edited. boomer beat me to it.

Beef
6/19/2007, 01:15 PM
So it's The Final Countdown?

OUDoc
6/19/2007, 01:19 PM
So it's The Final Countdown?
No, that was Asia.
Damn. I was wrong.

King Crimson
6/19/2007, 01:21 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7_IKcMl_a9A

edit: possibly the stupidest thing i've ever seen. jesus, i feel like on Shields in Moore in a 84 Camero.

King Crimson
6/19/2007, 01:25 PM
No, that was Asia.
Damn. I was wrong.

actually, Asia was a bunch of aging throwaway Brit prog rockers who cashed in for the last time and got some feathered hair play. Europe just sucks out loud.

they look and act early 80's metal (about 4 years too late), and the singer is Bruce Dickinson-"esque"....but they don't rock. at all.

maybe it's because they are Swedes.

edit: note the planet Saturn in the background. Awesome. the lyrics are mindcrushingly stupid.

Scott D
6/19/2007, 01:27 PM
How can you forget Put Em On The Glass?

BEST
VIDEO
EVAR!

and I mean the one without the scrambling effects.

and yes, I own that CD.

royalfan5
6/19/2007, 01:28 PM
actually, Asia was a bunch of aging throwaway Brit prog rockers who cashed in for the last time and got some feathered hair play. Europe just sucks out loud.

they look and act early 80's metal (about 4 years too late), and the singer is Bruce Dickinson-"esque"....but they don't rock. at all.

maybe it's because they are Swedes.
The fact that the poster King Crimson is making fun of Asia which featured a member of King Crimson makes me giggle. That is all.

King Crimson
6/19/2007, 01:36 PM
The fact that the poster King Crimson is making fun of Asia which featured a member of King Crimson makes me giggle. That is all.

did that hurt, Mister Asia? :D did they laugh when you got the poster framed? who? Wetton or Greg Lake? King Crimson is all about Fripp and later Tony Levin and Adrian Belew (and Fripp). Wetton and Lake were interchangable prog parts in the machine.

and really, i chose this handle about 8 years ago based on the "Crimson" part. I like KC a lot. and some cool live stuff on mp3, but they are hardly an all-timer for me.

:texan:

Petro-Sooner
6/19/2007, 01:48 PM
Man that lead singer is acting like he likes the song just a little too much.

HEH

yermom
6/19/2007, 02:11 PM
BEST
VIDEO
EVAR!

and I mean the one without the scrambling effects.

and yes, I own that CD.

The Box played that a lot when i was a freshman at OU, that and Strokin' were about the only brightspots

don't pass, slow down... and put 'em on the glass

Scott D
6/19/2007, 02:27 PM
The Box played that a lot when i was a freshman at OU, that and Strokin' were about the only brightspots

B double O B S, straight sittin in the window
I'd rather kiss them than indo

:D

yermom
6/19/2007, 02:29 PM
fillin' up the passenger window with Jergins

Boomer.....
6/19/2007, 02:29 PM

That is about the only video that I remember on The Box.

Scott D
6/19/2007, 02:30 PM
36 D's a make a man skid

King Crimson
6/20/2007, 08:39 AM

more i think about this....King Crimson is a great band of talented musicians across decades--possibly pretentious at times, but still come through with the goods and explore a lot of different proggy territory. Asia wrote MTV hits for arena rock fans. that's it.

you tube some "live" Asia hits. you'll see bloodless and who cares renditions of MTV hits....but the keyboard player has about 8 boards for visual effect. rawk.

Beef
6/20/2007, 09:06 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7_IKcMl_a9A

edit: possibly the stupidest thing i've ever seen. jesus, i feel like on Shields in Moore in a 84 Camero.
This version blows it away.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pw8sNoodIDk&mode=related&search=

King Crimson
6/20/2007, 09:19 AM
This version blows it away.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pw8sNoodIDk&mode=related&search=

that's awesome. at least the 40 seconds i could tolerate.

funny though on youtube they list a version that is "20 years of the Final Countdown (New Version)".

let's start naming the other "hits" on the Best of Europe......

you go first.

stoopified
6/20/2007, 09:25 AM
I have musical touring associates who have been fired from their jobs with Sir Mix-Alot for throwing away buttermilk biscuits

You heard that right. Fired for not eating buttermilk biscuits by booty-rights maniac, hard-core hip hop playah.I was fired for eating a SALAD.

stoopified
6/20/2007, 09:27 AM
Damn them vegetable rights people.All I wanted was some tomato,onion,cucmber to go with my romaine.

Beef
6/20/2007, 09:28 AM
that's awesome. at least the 40 seconds i could tolerate.

funny though on youtube they list a version that is "20 years of the Final Countdown (New Version)".

let's start naming the other "hits" on the Best of Europe......

you go first.
A buddy of mine has Europe's Greatest hits and in the liner notes callss The Final Countdown Europe's biggest hit so far. Sorry Europe, don't see any more hits coming your way.

Rock The Night

crawfish
6/20/2007, 09:28 AM
I was fired for tossing a SALAD.

Well, that's understandable. :eek: