PDA

View Full Version : AD in Plano Friday

swardboy
6/19/2007, 06:57 AM
...signing autographs. From "Purple Pride":

Adrian Peterson will be in Plano, TX Friday June 22 for an autograph appearance at Signature Collectibles. If you can not make it there in person they can get your item signed for you. Each autograph will include the Authentic Adrian Peterson Hologram.
If you mention that you heard it on PP.O you will receive a 5% discount.
For more info call 469 366-1026 or \n [email protected] This e-mail address is being protected from spam bots, you need JavaScript enabled to view it . Signature Collectibles is located inside The Shops at Willow Bend Mall, 6121 W Park Blvd, Ste B125, Plano,TX 75093.

...hope there's no problem copying that.

BajaOklahoma
6/19/2007, 08:18 AM
Willow Bend Mall is at Park and the North Dallas Tollway - the northwest corner. I might have to go check out what they have and what time he will be there.

Tear Down This Wall
6/19/2007, 11:56 AM
http://www.signaturecollectibles.com/

You forgot the money part. The ad for having AD sign things says:

MEET ADRIAN IN OUR STORE
FRIDAY, JUNE 22ND [7-9 PM]
TICKETS: $79 $99 $129
[INCLUDES SIGNATURE ON YOUR ITEM]
INSCRIPTIONS: $29

We criticize other schools' athletes for charging for autographs, I wonder if we'll do the same here. I doubt it, but....

swardboy
6/19/2007, 12:25 PM
Whoa! I didn't see that. Just tryin' to help out my north Texas brethren.

Seamus
6/19/2007, 12:27 PM
OK, I will. I despise the entire concept of charging/buying/selling autographs. Regardless of who does it. Even AD.

This society has become way too mercenary.

fwsooner22
6/19/2007, 01:46 PM
That's sad and it just isn't right...........I remember taking my baseball cards up to Binger OK to the swimming hole one year. Got lucky and the Bench clan was having a party. Got an autograph. Can you imagine Johnny Bench sitting at a table collecting money for using a pen. Wow, times have changed.

I don't mind them charging adults but if a kid wants your autograph....well that's different.......

Widescreen
6/19/2007, 05:07 PM
$129?????? I assume this means the Vikings have opted to not pay him.

Tear Down This Wall
6/20/2007, 09:56 AM
You know, when I was a kid, my dad's company had season tickets to the Texas Rangers. They were great seats...on the third base side, first row, right behind the visiting dugout.

We'd go to games two hours early to watch batting practice and have players autograph baseballs. I was always in awe, and most of them were very gracious. Darrell Porter gave me a cookie once. U.L. Washington, toothpick in mouth, talked to me a little bit while autographing right before the game started.

When I was in second grade, Bump Wills signed autographs at a Jack In The Box one block from our house. We walked down there and he was just sitting at a little Jack In The Box with his Ranger uniform on table signing for everyone.

These days, with eBay and such, athletes have become more guarded, I understand that. I just think it's sad what "professional" collectors have done. Kids used to be able to go out and meet their heros...without mom and dad having to shell out cash for it. Now, it's become much like the game itself, too pricey for the average fan or their kids to experience. The "professional" collectors should be ashamed, but they're not.

It's part of the reason I give my ticket away instead of scalping them if I can't go to a game. Last year, for example, I was the only one who could make the Middle Tennessee State game. As I was walking toward the stadium, I saw a guy talking to a scalper about tickets. He had a kid with him.

Anyway, their little "deal" fell through and the kid's face looked sad and you could tell his dad felt bad. The guy and his boy started walking away from the stadium. I ran over to him and asked him if he needed tickets. He said yeah, but that he didn't have much money. Well, I had three extra since no one else in my family could go that day, so,...no problem, I gave him two free. The kid had that exciting Christmas-morning look on his face when I gave his dad the tickets.

The kid thoroughly enjoyed the game, and so did I...it's hard not to enjoy winning 59-0! But, the point is, in the end, when you price kids out of the game and experience, you're a f*cking jackas*s. And, unfortunately, the "professional" collectors out there have done that over the last 10 years.

No rip on Adrian. He's just a product for these as*sfags to sell. It sickens me.

OUfan7
6/20/2007, 12:46 PM
That's sad and it just isn't right...........I remember taking my baseball cards up to Binger OK to the swimming hole one year. Got lucky and the Bench clan was having a party. Got an autograph. Can you imagine Johnny Bench sitting at a table collecting money for using a pen. Wow, times have changed.

I don't mind them charging adults but if a kid wants your autograph....well that's different.......

I remember around 1980, give or take a year, that Johnny Bench (my favorite player) came to the Holiday Inn on Murfresboro Road in Nashville, Tennessee. I was a teenager at the time and caught a ride over to meet him. It never happened though because you had to pay at the door (I had about $2 on me). If I remember correctly, it was $15 for any flat item and $25 for a bat or ball. Needless to say I left there highly disappointed. Thats just the way of the world nowadays.

47straight
6/20/2007, 01:02 PM
I don't think that AD would refuse an autograph if you saw him out somewhere. But these things are targeted at memorabilia collectors and dealers. If most of the guys showing up at this are there to profit from him signing their thing, and AD's giving up his time to show, I don't see what the problem is.... assuming that he probably sometimes goes by the hospital with teams, hands out autographs to kids after practice for free, etc.

Herr Scholz
6/20/2007, 01:06 PM
I remember when Vince Young did the same thing last year. Somehow he was labeled a primadonna jerk over here whereas Peterson gets a free pass because that's "the way of the world". Just sayin.

Seamus
6/20/2007, 01:15 PM
The way of the world is that Vince Young is a jerk. All clear now?

;)

Tear Down This Wall
6/20/2007, 02:25 PM
I remember when Vince Young did the same thing last year. Somehow he was labeled a primadonna jerk over here whereas Peterson gets a free pass because that's "the way of the world". Just sayin.

Herr,
That was the point of my first post. I said some other school's player took heat for this last year, and I wondered what we would say now.

The whole thing stinks. Kids ought to be able to get autographs from their sports heroes without some schmuck adults charging for it.

Professional collectors have ruined this kind of thing for kids.

47straight
6/20/2007, 06:29 PM

WEEEEZ GOIN TA AWSTIN BABEEE. How dese ones, Co' Jones? 1-2. That's a goo' one!

I looked at the thread from last year and exactly 2 pro-sooner posters called out Fumbles McScrambles for charging for his X. Yes he signs and X because he can't read good and stuff. But it is a heckuva step up from the illegal narcotics that the UT players usually sell to make their money so I don't blame him at all.

So instead why don't you, as a no-good whorn, step right on out of this thread that doesn't concern you or any of your piece of **** puke-orange-wearing gang-banging drug-dealing drunk-driving student-beating coming-from-behind-to-beat-iowa-in-the-buda-bowl religion-hating soldier-sneering "conditioning"-coach-man-boob-flopping fake-1970-championship-claiming no-integrating-until-the-1970s leaving-at-halftime-at-home-game taking-bribes-from-the-student-loan-companies can't-bench-press-185-pounds whoring-out-to-joe-jamail eminent-domaining-players-grill Matthew-McConaughaghaghy-shtooping orange headed stepchildren of an aggie. This is a thread about the mighty, mighty A ****ing D and you, my friend, are not worthy.

mxATVracer10
6/21/2007, 07:44 AM
Does it smell like something's burning in here to anyone else? ;)

colleyvillesooner
6/21/2007, 08:01 AM

What most, including myself had a problem with, was that Vince was selling a picture with him and a machined autograph for $100 in Austin.

But I'm sure you've never criticized a Sooner for something and had a different opinion when your player did it...

OnlyOneOklahoma
6/21/2007, 08:42 AM
:texan:
coming-from-behind-to-beat-iowa-in-the-buda-bowl .

I laughed pretty hard at this one!

stoops the eternal pimp
6/21/2007, 09:33 AM
WEEEEZ GOIN TA AWSTIN BABEEE. How dese ones, Co' Jones? 1-2. That's a goo' one!

I looked at the thread from last year and exactly 2 pro-sooner posters called out Fumbles McScrambles for charging for his X. Yes he signs and X because he can't read good and stuff. But it is a heckuva step up from the illegal narcotics that the UT players usually sell to make their money so I don't blame him at all.

So instead why don't you, as a no-good whorn, step right on out of this thread that doesn't concern you or any of your piece of **** puke-orange-wearing gang-banging drug-dealing drunk-driving student-beating coming-from-behind-to-beat-iowa-in-the-buda-bowl religion-hating soldier-sneering "conditioning"-coach-man-boob-flopping fake-1970-championship-claiming no-integrating-until-the-1970s leaving-at-halftime-at-home-game taking-bribes-from-the-student-loan-companies can't-bench-press-185-pounds whoring-out-to-joe-jamail eminent-domaining-players-grill Matthew-McConaughaghaghy-shtooping orange headed stepchildren of an aggie. This is a thread about the mighty, mighty A ****ing D and you, my friend, are not worthy.

First time I have really laughed at a post in a long time...

Herr Scholz
6/21/2007, 11:18 AM
I've got to give props to 47 for that one. That's some quality smack right there. Gotta respect it. :D

Seamus
6/21/2007, 12:05 PM
Damn, when the ethereal remains emerge from the still-smoldering corpse to offer up props, then you've singed more than just a few arse hairs with your smack. Damn.

http://www.soonerfans.com/forums/images/reputation/reputation_highpos.gif to 47 for that barrage.

Herr Scholz
6/21/2007, 02:30 PM
One post script to that barrage, however. Players Grill won their eminent domain fight with UT. They're still where they always were on MLK here. I signed the petition so that UT couldn't make them move. If anyone knows about this or cares a whit.

And we were co-champs in '70 so there.

soonerlaw
6/22/2007, 10:08 AM
TICKETS: $79 $99 $129

- Anyone know what the differences in ticket prices gets you?