PDA

View Full Version : Scouts latest Top 100

insuranceman_22
6/18/2007, 04:41 PM
Latest news from Scout, their new Top 100.

http://scout.scout.com/a.z?s=73&p=9&c=4&yr=2008&pid=88

colleyvillesooner
6/18/2007, 04:48 PM
5 of the Top 32, all 5 Stars. Not bad. :D

MojoRisen
6/18/2007, 04:48 PM
5 5 stars for Scout- pretty stout!

JohnnyMack
6/18/2007, 04:49 PM
We will dominate the earth for a thousand millenia!!!!!!!!!

KantoSooner
6/18/2007, 05:20 PM
Anyone have any ideas about the Landry Jones recruitment? It makes no sense to me: he looks so good on tape and is rated so highly that he has to want to play QB. And he has to know that OU is stacked at QB for the next several years. I'm very happy, but it doesn't make sense. Insight anyone?

JohnnyMack
6/18/2007, 05:23 PM
We're stacked at QB?

http://tapes.ieattapes.com/uploads/Bush_O_RLY.jpg

colleyvillesooner
6/18/2007, 05:25 PM
Anyone have any ideas about the Landry Jones recruitment? It makes no sense to me: he looks so good on tape and is rated so highly that he has to want to play QB. And he has to know that OU is stacked at QB for the next several years. I'm very happy, but it doesn't make sense. Insight anyone?

Well, Tommy Grady thought it was stacked, so he transfered.

He would have started last year had he stayed. Instead, he's third string at Utah.

These guys go to a good program and all believe they have the stuff to win the job.

Also, how stacked is it? A JC Transfer, a not highly recruited RS Freshman, and a de-commit from Michigan State...

fwsooner22
6/18/2007, 05:41 PM

There is no such thing as "stacked" at QB. Hopefully, he is confident that he can beat out anybody ahead of him. That's the kind of QB I want to see.

There was a time when Jason White thought he might never play at OU. How'd he do?

htownsooner7
6/18/2007, 06:20 PM
We are not "stacked" at QB. LSU was "stacked" at QB last year. Russell was the first pick of the draft. Flynn won a sugar bowl against Miami by 4 TDs, and Perrilloux was the number 1 recruit 3 years ago. We are still a good place for a top QB to commit. As for a RB, I don't agree, and we got 2 very good ones to commit. Brown showed flashes of being highly competent and is just a soph and Murray looks great and is a freshman. Limited opportunity for someone in the backfield on the horizon..

KingDavid
6/18/2007, 10:09 PM

We are not stacked at QB - plain and simple. We won't be "stacked" in the minds of LJ or any other QB unless Bradford or Nichol have a Colt McCoy-esque freshman year. Then they start to to do the math in their heads about waiting three years before they get to compete for the position. Which is why Texas lost Brantley to Florida last year.

All that to say this: if Landry Jones backs off of his commitment this year, trust me when I say that it will mean wonderful things for our season: one of our youngsters will have stepped up "in a great way."

snp
6/18/2007, 10:19 PM
Awesome, this comes a few days after I spent hours making my aggregate rankings with Scout, Rivals, and ESPN.

Then they start to to do the math in their heads about waiting three years before they get to compete for the position. Which is why Texas lost Brantley to Florida last year.

Not exactly. Tebow is Meyer's dream QB and was a true freshman last year. Cameron Newton (who ou desperately wanted) and another JC transfer, and Florida is really stacked at QB.

Distance was the main factor for Brantley and growing up a huge Gator fan as well.

soonerboomer93
6/19/2007, 12:20 AM

if by QB, you mean RB, then yes, we're pretty deep there, but then it's good to have a deep core in that position...

KantoSooner
6/19/2007, 12:30 AM
<smiling> Dayam. Guess I stand corrected.
Please, go out and recruit more quarterbacks. As to LJ, I guess he can watch this season. If someone, let's say Nichol, emerges, then he can decommit and move elsewhere. If it's all in the crapper, then he can move into a vacuum.

Rogue
6/19/2007, 05:32 AM
I'm surprised to see how well Nebraska is recruiting again.

OnlyOneOklahoma
6/19/2007, 09:04 AM
^.^ Callahan is a "NFL Passing Guru" remember?

sooner518
6/19/2007, 11:15 AM
I'm surprised to see how well Nebraska is recruiting again.
I know, especially after losing the best recruiter/coach in the history of the world!
http://graphics.fansonly.com/photos/schools/unc/sports/m-footbl/auto_action/816766.jpeg

PLaw
6/19/2007, 10:24 PM

Stacked? Not sure about your Webster's, but we are anything but stacked. SUC is stacked, we are not. We have a two, young, mid-level prospects that may develop, but only time will tell. I would certainly think that an Elite Eight QB would believe he would have a serious shot a the starting job in his second or third year.

Boomer
PLaw

KantoSooner
6/20/2007, 12:24 AM
All Right already. When I said 'stacked' I referred to the fact that we've got three guys vying for the position right now. One, at least, is pretty highly rated. The other two can't be that bad or they wouldn't have been recruited to start with and we would all be wringing our hands following spring drills. Sorry to have stirred people to such righteous fury with my verbiage. I'll go crawl off somewhere and die now.
Sooner.

NormanPride
6/20/2007, 10:37 AM

HOW COULD YOU BE SO STUPOID! I MEAN COMEON WE HAVE NIOBODY AT THAT POSITION! YOU MUST HAVE TAPIOCA FOR BRANS!

;)

RedstickSooner
6/20/2007, 04:03 PM
Why do we have so many top-notch RBs committing to us? Surely with our current depth, we'll only end up snagging one five-star RB next year?

I dunno. Just seems like a waste if we get *that* much talent at the position :)

BASSooner
6/20/2007, 04:09 PM
Why do we have so many top-notch RBs committing to us? Surely with our current depth, we'll only end up snagging one five-star RB next year?

I dunno. Just seems like a waste if we get *that* much talent at the position :)
What's wrong with that? USC does and they manage to keep all of them. Why can't we do the same?:cool:

PLaw
6/20/2007, 06:20 PM
How does SUC keep it rolling? It looks like they are set to roll in the top class again.

Boomer
PLaw

BASSooner
6/20/2007, 06:28 PM
Right now we have one of the top classes over USC and most of the schools. UCLA has exploded with great recruits, they have more commits and arguably more talented commits than texas.

insuranceman_22
6/20/2007, 09:50 PM
Anybody know roughly how many scholly's we have left? OUr class is looking very strong, and it's not finished yet. I want A. Brown, J Major and T Love to make it to Norman for a few yrs. Dammit I'm ready for the season to get here!

critical_phil
6/21/2007, 12:00 AM
How does SUC keep it rolling?

by offering parents that special section 8 housing in the hollywood hills.

EstablishedSooner1967
6/22/2007, 04:07 PM
And, I think we get Brown and Aghayere two more 5*

Collier11
6/22/2007, 04:25 PM
You think that is impressive, look at the top 100 Southwest rankings, that OU team is really tearin it up!!! ;)

http://recruiting.scout.com/3/2008_fb_southwest_100.html