PDA

View Full Version : OKLAHOMA'S PREVIEW IS UP!!!

SoonerStormchaser
6/17/2007, 10:47 PM
http://cfn.scout.com/2/652258.html (Linky)

I pretty much agree with what they're saying...

melbitoast
6/17/2007, 10:55 PM
I agree. Very, very accurate assesment of the team. I thought our RB's would get a slightly higher rating, but that's nit-picking. Overall, very pleased with the preview.

The only thing that confused me.....Halzle's excellent speed??? Maybe it's because I've never seen him run, but I've never heard anyone ever mention his excellent speed. :confused:

Does anyone know his 40 time?

BASSooner
6/17/2007, 11:15 PM
I think he ran a 4.54 out of JUCO...I think?

goingoneight
6/17/2007, 11:29 PM
His speed is good, but he's a sloppy and hesitant runner. Very dangerous on the knees the way he leans. I met him before the spring game in front of the Switzer Center and he's about the same build I am. Just a tad taller, but smaller arms and frame. I thought that was kinda strange for a guy who's been in Schmiddy's S&C program for a year now. :confused:

So, damn... I've read four CFB preview mags now, I've read dozens of newspaper reports, even more fan predictions and message board kool-aid-- and all the same thing. We're gonna be DAMN GOOD... IF we have stability at QB.

I have a good feeling OUr QB will be great given what he has to work with. All-Conference Defense, best WR's in the conference (arguably in the country), best stable of backs Stoops has had yet, TE's worthy of mention-- it's too golden of an oppurtunity to Bomarize, IMHO. Did I mention the OL??? :eek:

BASSooner
6/17/2007, 11:44 PM
His speed is good, but he's a sloppy and hesitant runner. Very dangerous on the knees the way he leans. I met him before the spring game in front of the Switzer Center and he's about the same build I am. Just a tad taller, but smaller arms and frame. I thought that was kinda strange for a guy who's been in Schmiddy's S&C program for a year now. :confused:

So, damn... I've read four CFB preview mags now, I've read dozens of newspaper reports, even more fan predictions and message board kool-aid-- and all the same thing. We're gonna be DAMN GOOD... IF we have stability at QB.

I have a good feeling OUr QB will be great given what he has to work with. All-Conference Defense, best WR's in the conference (arguably in the country), best stable of backs Stoops has had yet, TE's worthy of mention-- it's too golden of an oppurtunity to Bomarize, IMHO. Did I mention the OL??? :eek:
According to athlon sports. 3 of OUr OL are All big 12 candidates

Duke-1st team
Cooper and either Braxton or Williams...I think it was Williams

Desert Sapper
6/18/2007, 12:04 AM
You got your linky mixed up, but the preview is on the money, IMO. Thanks.

insuranceman_22
6/18/2007, 12:09 AM
I like it, he's pretty well on the money. I think OUr front 7 may be better than most of the national media gives credit for. I know the talent is there, we've just got to gel earlier in the season on defense!

Thanks for the post.

goingoneight
6/18/2007, 02:07 AM
I hope we have that game-changin presence on offense. No offense to BV, I'm just not sold on his defense after three seasons yet. I will say they're GOOD, but not GREAT. Good enough to keep us winning BIG 12 Champeenships, but shaky enough to bite on common play-action and old-skool trickery. Better tackling would help that issue tremendously, though... :pop:

AlbqSooner
6/18/2007, 06:31 AM
Again, if we have an adequate, merely adequate, QB, our offense will be a force. Defense has some question marks, but also has some athletes who have been chomping at the bit to answer those questions. Our DBs should be nasty good.

sooneron
6/18/2007, 12:06 PM
Anyone with correct linkage?

Pricetag
6/18/2007, 12:34 PM
Patrick is so good that he's in our top ten players list twice.

sooner518
6/18/2007, 01:12 PM
Just copy and paste the original, or click this one
http://cfn.scout.com/2/652258.html

mxATVracer10
6/18/2007, 01:25 PM

Copy & Paste

YWIA:texan:

Partial Qualifier
6/18/2007, 02:08 PM
This team will be much better if… it improves its passing offense. As effective as Thompson became, the Sooners were still 70th in the country in passing. Without Peterson around to bull through eight-man fronts, the Sooner running attack will stumble at times if Bradford/Halzle/Nichol can’t launch an effective downfield attack.

umm yeah, imma go with "better 3rd down defense" for $200 alex...

good article though.. review of last year was especially good

NormanPride
6/18/2007, 02:23 PM
Our O will be fine, IMO. Just need a QB to not screw it up.

Our D has a lot of question marks, primarily at the DE position. I have no clue if we're going to have good enough DEs to handle OSU and A&M. Our LBs need to gel as well in order for the defense to be really good.

CatfishSooner
6/18/2007, 04:34 PM
sweet, our line was rated a 10!

Rogue
6/19/2007, 05:42 AM
Wow, our schedule does look relatively weak this year.

illinisooner
6/21/2007, 01:37 AM
I agree. Very, very accurate assesment of the team. I thought our RB's would get a slightly higher rating, but that's nit-picking. Overall, very pleased with the preview.

The only thing that confused me.....Halzle's excellent speed??? Maybe it's because I've never seen him run, but I've never heard anyone ever mention his excellent speed. :confused:

Does anyone know his 40 time?

He also praised DJ's tackling ability...I found that a little odd.

goingoneight
6/21/2007, 01:48 AM
Next thing you know, he'll be knockig Hartley's accuracy, huh? :rolleyes:

:D

SoonerSinger3
6/21/2007, 02:44 AM
How is praising DJ Wolfe's Tackling ability odd? DJ's problem was never weak at tackling. He just couldn't cover the deep routes always. But his tackling was really good.

illinisooner
6/21/2007, 11:28 AM
He always seemed to make tackles, but alot of them seemed to be by pushing people out of bounds or trying to arm tackle guys. Maybe I'm just remembering a few bad moments, I don't know.

snp
6/21/2007, 11:45 AM
Probably. DJ is a pretty physical player and a good tackler.