PDA

View Full Version : If men can go shirtless, then so can women!

Jerk
6/17/2007, 10:20 PM
Horay for equal rights! :D:D:D

BUST'ED GAL PAYOFF
AFFIRMS LEGAL RIGHT TO GO TOPLESS IN CITY
By KATHIANNE BONIELLO
Jill Coccaro was busted downtown when she bared her breasts. June 17, 2007 -- Who knew it was legal for a woman to walk around with her breasts exposed in New York?

Well, one woman did - and a cop didn't - and now she has forced the city to fork over a $29,000 legal set tlement for ille gally busting her when she law fully bared her bosom and went for a stroll two years ago.

Jill Coc caro, a 27-year-old East Village artist who now goes by the name Phoenix Feeley, went au naturel on Aug. 4, 2005, when she pulled down the front of her paint er's jumpsuit during an art-show promotion to cool off.

In 1992 a state appeals court ruled that if men could expose their chests in public women could not be punished for doing the same.

In 2003, high-profile law yer Ron Kuby had used the law change to win a $10,000 settlement from the city for a model who'd been busted wearing a thong and body paint to the Coney Island Mermaid Parade.

But that didn't stop a cop, who spotted Feeley at about 1:30 a.m. strolling topless on Delancey Street, telling her to cover up.

When Feeley refused - informing the officer she had a legal right to be naked to the waist, just like a man - the officer took her into custody for indecent exposure.

"I did not do anything to anyone on that street, I did not harm anyone," she recalled. "I was so not resisting arrest."

But Feeley spent 12 hours in custody before the officer told her the District Attorney's Office had declined to press charges.

While she was detained, Feeley claims, an officer yanked her from a patrol car by her hair, that she was taken to Bellevue Hospital for a psychiatric evaluation and that cops refused to help her repair her by-then badly ripped jumpsuit. "I was asking not to walk around in my underwear and they were not helping me with that," she said. "By the end of the night I walked out with my shirt off and my pants on."

"The thing the cop did not seem to understand, and what's so problematic, was that it was Phoenix who would decide what parts of her body would be exposed," said her attorney, Jeffrey Rothman.

The arrest came a day before her young daughter's birthday and caused Feeley to miss a Family Court appearance involving her ex-husband.

Feeley said she's gone bare-breasted before - after running the 2004 New York City marathon - without cops bothering her.

"I've always just felt that was something natural," Feeley said of baring her breasts. "I've kind of always done it out of practicality."

She sued the city and the arresting officers last October. The city agreed to settle, without admitting any fault, on June 4.

"I felt like I deserved it," Feeley said.

http://www.nypost.com/seven/06172007/news/regionalnews/busted_gal_payoff_regionalnews_kathianne_boniello. htm

GottaHavePride
6/17/2007, 10:25 PM
This was the subject of one of the most hilarious incidents on the (real) South Oval during my time at OU.

A girl is arguing this with a bunch of dudes, and whips off her shirt. The dude she's arguing with, believe it or not, calls campus PD on her.

The best part? The guy's name was Titsworth.

soonerboomer93
6/17/2007, 10:25 PM
i'm a bit scared of what she may look like though...

SicEmBaylor
6/17/2007, 10:33 PM
This was the subject of one of the most hilarious incidents on the (real) South Oval during my time at OU.

A girl is arguing this with a bunch of dudes, and whips off her shirt. The dude she's arguing with, believe it or not, calls campus PD on her.

Now, there's a good reason I should have gone to OU.

opksooner
6/17/2007, 10:33 PM
Nothin' special.

http://www.nypost.com/seven/06172007/photos/news003.jpg

SleestakSooner
6/17/2007, 10:34 PM

On the next episode of "How to prove to the world you are gayer than Richard Simmons!"

yermom
6/17/2007, 11:13 PM
i remember hearing of this law in NY a while back

yay for equal rights ;)

mdklatt
6/17/2007, 11:25 PM
i remember hearing of this law in NY a while back

yay for equal rights ;)

You have to figure feminism has at least one upside.

SCOUT
6/17/2007, 11:27 PM
Feminism would be fantastic if it weren't for the feminists. ;)

StoopTroup
6/18/2007, 03:23 AM
Nothin' special.

http://www.nypost.com/seven/06172007/photos/news003.jpg
Did they arrest him just because of his long hair? :D

:pop:

AlbqSooner
6/18/2007, 06:45 AM
Goes by the name of Phoenix Feeley? Art-Show promotion? 1:30 a.m.? Methinks she may be an ecdysiast by profession.

olevetonahill
6/18/2007, 07:44 AM
Did they arrest him just because of his long hair? :D

:pop:
No his nut sack was showin :eek:

85Sooner
6/18/2007, 08:05 AM
Here in Austin it is well known that it is legal. FOr good or bad we never see anyone outside of Hippy Hollow taking advantage of it though.

olevetonahill
6/18/2007, 08:07 AM
Here in Austin it is well known that it is legal. FOr good or bad we never see anyone outside of Hippy Hollow taking advantage of it though.
Its legal fer nut sacks to be showing :eek:
Oh wait it is austin :D

HoserSooner
6/18/2007, 10:43 AM
It's been legal up here for about 10 years now.

The first summer that it was legal, you'd see a few pairs of bewbs here and there at the beach, and the odd set walking down the street.

Since then though, you rarely see any at all. I think the novely has worn off for most people.

Kind of glad actually....for every 10 sets I saw, there were about 8 that I really wish I hadn't. :(

sooner_born_1960
6/18/2007, 10:45 AM
It's been legal up here for about 10 years now.

Kind of glad actually....for every 10 sets I saw, there were about 8 that I really wish I hadn't. :(
Is this still about nutsacks?

HoserSooner
6/18/2007, 11:34 AM
Is this still about nutsacks?

No...as far as I know, thankfully nutsacks have to be kept indoors still.

Penguin
6/18/2007, 11:45 AM
Yep, that's the prob. The women that want to walk around topless are the women that men don't want to see topless.

Frozen Sooner
6/18/2007, 11:58 AM
Yep, that's the prob. The women that want to walk around topless are the women that men don't want to see topless.

To be fair, I'm pretty sure most of the men who walk around without shirts are the kind that women would prefer keep it covered as well.

mdklatt
6/18/2007, 02:01 PM
To be fair, I'm pretty sure most of the men who walk around without shirts are the kind that everybody would prefer keep it covered as well.

Fixed.

crawfish
6/18/2007, 02:37 PM
Maybe you guys.

I've found, chicks dig the man-boob jiggle.

goingoneight
6/18/2007, 07:44 PM
Woot!!! I am SOOOO remembering this story and source when we play coed flag football at the lake this weekend! :D

C&CDean
6/18/2007, 07:51 PM
The one thing I've discovered in my life's travels is this:

When visiting nude beaches, one should always expect to see all the people who have no business being naked, naked, and all the people who should be naked, not. It's a rule. Fat guys with their bellies covering their miniscule peckers. Chicks with tits that look like a pair of hanging tilapias. Why?

goingoneight
6/18/2007, 07:59 PM
You been to Padre?

C&CDean
6/18/2007, 08:32 PM
There's usually not titties at the priest's place.

OUinFLA
6/18/2007, 09:22 PM

or two in this case.

Jerk
6/18/2007, 09:58 PM
or two in this case.

Remember that movie where Arnold Schwarzenegger goes to Mars and the chick in the bar had three ta tas?

OUinFLA
6/18/2007, 10:00 PM
Remember that movie where Arnold Schwarzenegger goes to Mars and the chick in the bar had three ta tas?

yeah, usually that stuff only occurs in my dreams.

I believe that would be ta ta tas in that case.

OU Adonis
6/18/2007, 10:22 PM
http://www.cbsd.org/pennsylvaniapeople/level1_biographies/images/slinky.jpghttp://www.cbsd.org/pennsylvaniapeople/level1_biographies/images/slinky.jpg

Shamrock
6/19/2007, 12:10 AM
The one thing I've discovered in my life's travels is this:

When visiting nude beaches, one should always expect to see all the people who have no business being naked, naked, and all the people who should be naked, not. It's a rule. Fat guys with their bellies covering their miniscule peckers. Chicks with tits that look like a pair of hanging tilapias. Why?
A place to visit .... Torredembarra, Spain ..... south of Barcelona.

Fantastic scenery on that beach.

yermom
6/19/2007, 12:55 AM

makes me wish i had three hands...