PDA

View Full Version : Who was better?

royalfan5
6/16/2007, 11:47 AM
The Bangles or the Go-Go's?

I am going to give the edge to the Bangles. Plus I bet Susanna Hofts is still pretty hot.

Turd_Ferguson
6/16/2007, 12:03 PM
Susanna was a babe, but I'm a sucker for blondes. Belinda looked hot back in the day. Not so much now.

usmc-sooner
6/16/2007, 12:11 PM
Katrina and the waves or Bananarama?

BigRedJed
6/16/2007, 12:22 PM
Body of work: The Go-Go's. Street cred: The Go-Go's. Best song: Bangles (Hazy Shade of Winter, a Simon and Garfunkel cover). Hottest: I can't decide whether Susanna or Belinda is hotter. I had crazy lust for both of them. Maybe I give the edge to Hoffs, because I spent an entire show in the front row, about 10 feet away from her, peeking up her skirt at the LNC one time. That has to count for something. These days though, I have to give Jane Wiedlin (http://www.janewiedlin.com/) of the Go-Go's points. Not so much for actual hotness as naughtiness. She's naughty.

Winner: The Go-Go's.

SoonerStormchaser
6/16/2007, 01:08 PM
Bangles...without a doubt.

First and foremost>>>SUSANNA HOFFS!!!

Second, the Peterson sisters were hawt too.

Third, they didn't do any drugs or dirty videos.

SoonerStormchaser
6/16/2007, 01:10 PM
Katrina and the waves or Bananarama?

Bananarama...I'll even admit to really liking "I Heard A Rumour" alot!

BigRedJed
6/16/2007, 01:53 PM
...Third, they didn't do any drugs or dirty videos.
See, those are some of the things I LIKED about the Go-Go's.

sanantoniosooner
6/16/2007, 04:08 PM
chick music.

Why don't we discuss the most dreamy romantic comedy while we're at it?

yermom
6/16/2007, 05:42 PM
i had to go with the Go-Gos for the quality of the music, i think

the Bangles were hotter though

is it even close on Bananarama vs. Katrina and the Waves? didn't KatW just have like one song?

i'd take The Breeders or Letters to Cleo over any of them though

shut it SAS ;)

sanantoniosooner
6/16/2007, 05:47 PM
Most of you squat to pee, after dropping your $100 pants.

KC//CRIMSON
6/16/2007, 06:30 PM
The Go-Go's. Not even close.

sooneron
6/16/2007, 07:24 PM
The Go-Go's. Not even close.
I agree, but not as much as The Runaways.:texan:

stoops the eternal pimp
6/16/2007, 10:01 PM
Bangles and SH was on vh1 a week ago...looks unbelievable

RUSH LIMBAUGH is my clone!
6/17/2007, 11:24 AM
I saw a "Katrina and the Waves Greatest hits" album in a store. I thought "Greatest Hits"? So I read the songs, and their only hit "Walking on Sunshine" wasn't even on the album! Talk about a ripoff!

BTW, didn't the Go-gos have a lot more hits than the Bangles?

trwxxa
6/17/2007, 11:51 AM
Go-Go's.

I saw them with some friends at the old Zoo Amphitheater (Is that still around?) and before the warm up band started, Charlotte Caffey came out kicked the foot bag with us for about 10 minutes. :cool:

royalfan5
6/17/2007, 11:59 AM
FWIW, Sahara Hotnights is my favorite all girl rock band
http://youtube.com/watch?v=wtrW5Tvvmh8

Frozen Sooner
6/17/2007, 12:07 PM
L7 eats all of their children.

yermom
6/17/2007, 03:15 PM
i wouldn't want to make their ****list

AllAboutThe'O'
6/17/2007, 08:23 PM
I thought the Bangles rocked a lot more than the Go-Gos. The Go-Gos had some pretty good songs, but they didn't really "rock," if you know what I mean. Also, Belinda Carlisle got hotter AFTER she left the Go-Gos. The one in that band who was really a knockout was Charlotte Caffey.

Also, because of the Bangles, I learned to walk like an Egyptian.:cool:

Beef
6/17/2007, 08:39 PM
See, those are some of the things I LIKED about the Go-Go's.
Ditto. :O

VeeJay
6/17/2007, 09:07 PM
I always thought "Squat 2 P" would have been a great name for a girl group.

It would have been better than "Hole."

slickdawg
6/17/2007, 09:54 PM
The go-go's hands down. Mmmmm, Belinda Carlisle.......

frankensooner
6/19/2007, 11:28 AM
Leather Tuskadero had them all beat.

King Crimson
6/19/2007, 01:55 PM
the runaways or the raincoats.

the Bananarama cover of "Venus" is pretty sweet.

i think the Bangles suck. even the Simon and G cover of Hazy Shade sounds overproduced and stupid today (re-watched the very mediocre 80's movie from an equally mediocre Brett Easton Ellis novel--though i did like American Psycho-- Less than Zero the other night. and Hazy Shade is in it--it doesn't stand up. some of it is just the 80's OK. but when Prince (err, I mean "Christopher" writes Manic Monday) and Big Star write your other "two songs" and yer other good song is Walk Like an Egyption....you ain't got much.

they also capitalized through a lot of PR BS on what was then called the Paisley Underground scene in LA which actually had some good bands like the Dream Syndicate and the Long Ryders and maybe the Mosquitos.....but the Bangles were billed as being part of it. i don't think they were.

I'm unusually hostile to Big Star covers, I admit; but i mean c'mon. write a ****ing song that doesn't have a video that embarrasses the human race in such a way that makes the Macarena look like Miles Davis.

King Crimson
6/19/2007, 01:56 PM
and Jane Weidlin is a naughty girl, hoo-ray! me likee. she put out a record call "fur".