PDA

View Full Version : Anyone remember...

ucosooner
6/16/2007, 01:08 AM
Mark Tucker?

The reason I ask is mostly because I'm curious. About 12 or so years ago I went to my first basketball camp, at Union High School, and the coach was, I'm pretty sure, Mark Tucker. I was impressed because he went to OU, and was drafted by the Chicago Bulls in the '78 NBA Draft, another bonus in my book. Anyways, he left later that summer, or the next year to coach somewhere else, but I just wondered if anyon remembered him, and what type of player was he, and does anyone know where he is now?
Thanks.

stoopified
6/20/2007, 08:45 AM
Mark Tucker ? Don't ring no bells here.I recall Aaron Curry,Ray Whitly,John McCullogh,Al Beal,Terry Stotts from that era but no Mark Tucker.

ucosooner
6/20/2007, 12:28 PM
Yeah, can't find anything from him. I did find something about Mark Tucker from osu in the '87-'88 season, but the one I'm talking about was drafted by Chicago, the 191st pick in the '87 draft. I dunno, I know he left Union to go coach a high school a little farther east, but nothing past that.

I just curious one day, but thanks, anyway.

okienole3
6/20/2007, 06:17 PM
There was no 191st pick in the 1987 draft.

okienole3
6/20/2007, 06:20 PM
http://www.databasebasketball.com/draft/draftyear.htm?yr=1978&lg=N

78 draft.

Kels
6/20/2007, 09:57 PM
I know Mark. He coached in Kentucky for a while, Union, his hometown of Sapulpa, and now he's back in Kentucky I think.

He's a good guy. Interesting thing, I was listening to WWLS several years ago, and Al asked Dean who was the dirtiest player he ever went up against. Without hesitation, he said, "Mark Tucker from Sapulpa." Was kind of a surprise to me. Mark was my 8th grade Sunday School teacher.

Anyway, he is the greatest athlete Sapulpa has ever produced.

ucosooner
6/21/2007, 08:05 PM
Yes! '78, apparently I'm dyslexic. He was a good guy, and a good teacher from what I remember. I was thinkin' Kentucky was where he went, but wasn't too sure. Thanks guys.

Kray
6/24/2007, 07:04 PM
I'm from Sapulpa, and fondly recall Mark Tucker. He was playing in the 1970's on a team that should have won State, but didn't. They were so loaded with him, a guy named Reggie Grant who could touch the top of the backboard and a big man whose name I can't recall. Tucker could shoot the lights out, and he could also ball handle like nobody else. He'd do halftime shows dribbling 4-5 balls, real Pete Maravich stuff.

I was young (in grade school) at the time. My recollection is that he spent time first at OSU then at TU, never at OU. He wasn't a collegiate star but was solid. But to my 6th grade eyes, I measured basketball players, especially guards, by the Mark Tucker standard.

Couple of years ago when my father died, he came over to our house. A class act.

elderlysooner
6/26/2007, 06:16 PM
I don't remember Mark Tucker. I do remember Gerald Tucker,who played for OU when we lost the national championship to Holy Cross, right after WWII.