PDA

View Full Version : Alas, I must declare a Sooner Jihaad

Okla-homey
6/15/2007, 06:50 PM
...against the godless F&M Bank in Tulsa,

I have been trying to cajole their "chief of security" (channel Cliff Claven in a ratty discount store blazer and slacks he should have stopped wearing five inches ago) to allow us hold our OU-TU tailgate in their largely unused north satellite parking lot one block from Skelly Stadium. I'm serious folks, it would be perfect for our purposes, it even has shade trees, and it sits empty 24/7.

This bastage has p1ssed me off to no end, primarily because he's too much of a wuss to return my calls and just tell me "no" on behalf of the Pokes who own the joint. I got his ponderous a$$ on the phone precisely once after meeting with him in March, and he replied "we're looking in to it."

I hope they all get investigated by federal and state banking bank regulatory authorities and end up in federal pound-you-in-the-a$$ prison for criminal irregularities.

Therefore, at this time, I am officially declaring a Sooner jihaad against this carbuncle of a bank. Any Sooner that has any money on deposit there is ex-communicated unless he or she withdraws it on Monday.

Durka-durka-Do your electronic worst!

http://www.fmbanktulsa.com/home.asp

yermom
6/15/2007, 07:00 PM
F5 is your friend ;)

(ok, not really, i think have seen people tracked down for this sorta thing)

olevetonahill
6/15/2007, 07:02 PM
E-mail addy ?
hell Ill I hit him fro free ;)

Okla-homey
6/15/2007, 07:03 PM
F5 is your friend ;)

(ok, not really, i think have seen people tracked down for this sorta thing)

I am not knowing what F5 does. Does it cause the bank building to spontaneously combust or just kill everyone inside? Please elaborate.

olevetonahill
6/15/2007, 07:11 PM
I am not knowing what F5 does. Does it cause the bank building to spontaneously combust or just kill everyone inside? Please elaborate.
Its makes that aszhat assplode

yermom
6/15/2007, 07:13 PM

*BOOM!*

ok, not really, it reloads the site, so if lots of people were to do that at once, the site could get overloaded get slow, or crash the server or something

StoopTroup
6/15/2007, 09:12 PM
S&M

bri
6/15/2007, 09:57 PM
I bet if we ask real nice, we could get Patience Jay to let us use part of the alley behind the Buck...:D

Okla-homey
6/16/2007, 06:54 AM
I bet if we ask real nice, we could get Patience Jay to let us use part of the alley behind the Buck...:D

My brutha,

As you know, this ain't no alleyway operation. As you know, the 30' fifth-wheel, the overhead cover, the chairs, and the parking for our attendees means we need land, lots of land and the starry skies above. IOW, don't fence us in.

Phil
6/16/2007, 08:49 AM
I was just thinking about contacting you to see what the status of all of that was. Are you seeking alternate sites for us?

bri
6/16/2007, 09:01 AM
My brutha,

As you know, this ain't no alleyway operation. As you know, the 30' fifth-wheel, the overhead cover, the chairs, and the parking for our attendees means we need land, lots of land and the starry skies above. IOW, don't fence us in.

Heh, and thus the origin of the humour. ;)

Although, we're pretty much in an alley now. :D

Okla-homey
6/16/2007, 09:09 AM
I was just thinking about contacting you to see what the status of all of that was. Are you seeking alternate sites for us?

I'm looking.

colleyvillesooner
7/20/2007, 11:14 AM
any update?

jk the sooner fan
7/20/2007, 11:19 AM
if the bank were smart, since its on a friday, they'd set up a little table in the parking lot to open new accounts and such......maybe if you suggest it as a joint business opportunity for them, they might go for it

you'd probably have better luck going with their chief of marketing

Mjcpr
7/20/2007, 11:21 AM
you'd probably have better luck going with their chief of marketing

So, this is an indian bank?

jk the sooner fan
7/20/2007, 11:23 AM
frankly, that was one of your weaker attempts as of late

you must be having sympathy pains with Tiger or something

;)

picasso
7/20/2007, 11:29 AM
I'm pretty sure Melvin Gilliam is one of the Presidents there.

that should explain a lot.

TAFBSooner
7/20/2007, 11:34 AM
...against the godless F&M Bank in Tulsa,

This bastage has p1ssed me off to no end, primarily because he's too much of a wuss to return my calls and just tell me "no" on behalf of the Pokes who own the joint.

http://www.fmbanktulsa.com/home.asp

Farmers and Merchants Bank. We had no chance. Which may be just as well. :D

Okla-homey
7/20/2007, 12:23 PM
I'm gonna have to take a day off and cruise for tailgate locations. I hope to get that done soon. Unfortunately, if I don't go to work, I don't get paid. But I'll take one for the team.

JohnnyMack
7/20/2007, 12:29 PM
I'm gonna have to take a day off and cruise for tailgate locations. I hope to get that done soon. Unfortunately, if I don't go to work, I don't get paid. But I'll take one for the team.

See if you can score that liquor store on the corner. We'd have close access to teh booze.

Tulsa_Fireman
7/20/2007, 12:30 PM
Has there been any word as to whether or not they're shutting down 11th for the game?

Okla-homey
7/20/2007, 12:32 PM
Has there been any word as to whether or not they're shutting down 11th for the game?

Don't they generally always do that for home games?

47straight
7/20/2007, 12:38 PM
Maybe contact different TU organizations that might let you use their yard/parking spaces. Like maybe the new mosque?

StoopTroup
7/20/2007, 12:41 PM
I think we should just invade the lot on gameday.

I'm sure we can take em.

bri
7/20/2007, 01:25 PM
Don't they generally always do that for home games?

Yep, from Gary St to...um, I don't know.

JohnnyMack
7/20/2007, 01:29 PM
Why don't we use Picasso's front yard? It's close.

JohnnyMack
7/20/2007, 01:30 PM
I think we should just invade the lot on gameday.

I'm sure we can take em.

http://dandalf.com/dandalf/braveheart32.gif

colleyvillesooner
7/20/2007, 01:31 PM

They have 7 day work weeks in Tulsa?

Man, OKC IS > TULSA.

:D

Okla-homey
7/20/2007, 02:48 PM
Okay, here's the dealio. I dragged my carcass to the bank and confronted the manager. I politely informed her I had been asking about this since April and Mr. Security Man had not returned any of my calls after the first one.

She sniffed and we went to see Barney Fife.

He was all apologetic when he informed us both that since the State Fair is going on then, the bank had negotiated with the fair board to make that lot available for fair-goers. IOW, we got aced-out by the flippin' fair.

Thus, we're in a tight spot. Most of the businesses around TU who have parking lots are inclined to take the fair's Benjamins, leaving us in a lurch.

Obviously, I'm not the one who makes the calls, but unless Dean can pull a rabbit out of his Stetson, we may be hosed...at least blocked from having the scope and scale of tailgate to which we have become accustomed.

colleyvillesooner
7/20/2007, 02:49 PM
The fair. THE FAIR!!??!?!?

**** THE FAIR!!1

JohnnyMack
7/20/2007, 02:57 PM
I could get us the parking lot/garage at 21st & Lewis. Only problem is that it's at 21st & Lewis.

Okla-homey
7/20/2007, 03:01 PM
I could get us the parking lot/garage at 21st & Lewis. Only problem is that it's at 21st & Lewis.

yeah, and I have a great place at 101st and Memorial too...BUT IT'S 21 MILES FROM THE STADIUM.

Frozen Sooner
7/20/2007, 03:05 PM
Just make sure you bastards let me know where it's going to be. Good-time Mikey will be in full effect with the Dollarhide and Kellner clans.

JohnnyMack
7/20/2007, 08:57 PM
yeah, and I have a great place at 101st and Memorial too...BUT IT'S 21 MILES FROM THE STADIUM.

:les:You shut your mouth when I'm talking to you!

If we can get it close I'm working on getting Chris Plank to do his show from our tailgate.

FIND SOMEPLACE!

goingoneight
7/21/2007, 01:29 AM
So is F&M anything like an A&M??? Faggies?

Okla-homey
7/21/2007, 06:42 AM
So is F&M anything like an A&M??? Faggies?

Yes. the institution is apparently Pokey owned.

bri
7/21/2007, 04:49 PM
Homes, does the U of T AD offer any tailgate areas in any of the on-campus lots?

bri
7/21/2007, 04:54 PM
Oh, also? Between chasing off Bell's and now screwing us out of using the F&M lot, the Tulsa County Fair Board is really starting to p*ss me off.

StoopTroup
7/21/2007, 05:03 PM
If I win the Powerball Lotto tonight...

I'll buy that sports bar across from the Stadium and we'll just have it there.

SoonerFan.com Sponsors will drink free Natty for two hours before Gametime. :D

olevetonahill
7/21/2007, 05:13 PM
If I win the Powerball Lotto tonight...

I'll buy that sports bar across from the Stadium and we'll just have it there.

SoonerFan.com Sponsors will drink free Natty for two hours before Gametime. :D
You better win 2 lotos if ya gonna give Me free beer :D

bri
7/21/2007, 05:28 PM
Dude, it's free Natty. I think he'll be fine.

Besides, after the game he can just jack up the price 300% and sell it to the popped-collared *********s. :D

olevetonahill
7/21/2007, 05:34 PM
There ya go

bri
7/21/2007, 05:45 PM
I put the "genius" in "evil genius". :D

olevetonahill
7/21/2007, 05:52 PM
I put the "genius" in "evil genius". :D
and I put the evil in :cool:

Okla-homey
7/21/2007, 06:02 PM
Homes, does the U of T AD offer any tailgate areas in any of the on-campus lots?

Yep, I've already been down that road. The Golden Hurricane Club administers that and they'll give me a slot. However, that slot would barely fit Deans fifth wheel and a little space around it, but not the parking and "spread-out" space the SF.com Tailgate Traveling Circus requires to be done right.

That said, if that's what we have to do, I'll get r done. Folks wil just have to figger out where we are and work-out their own parking. Frankly, the easiest parking solution is to park down in the Blue Dome area (2d & Elgin) and ride the city bus to Skelly. Its something they started doing last season and seems to work well.

olevetonahill
7/21/2007, 06:05 PM
Yep, I've already been down that road. The Golden Hurricane Club administers that and they'll give me a slot. However, that slot would barely fit Deans fifth wheel and a little space around it, but not the parking and "spread-out" space the SF.com Tailgate Traveling Circus requires to be done right.

That said, if that's what we have to do, I'll get r done. Folks wil just have to figger out where we are and work-out their own parking. Frankly, the easiest parking solution is to park down in the Blue Dome area (2d & Elgin) and ride the city bus to Skelly. Its something they started doing last season and seems to work well.
If there is Bus trans what dif does it make where the Gate is ?

bri
7/21/2007, 09:06 PM
olevet actually raises an interesting point...what if we had the tailgate down in the Blue Dome, then took the bus to Skelly?

Of course, I personally loathe the idea in spite of the fact that it's mine, 'cause it doesn't allow me to hang out at the Buck before showing up to hate everyone in person. :D

bri
7/21/2007, 09:08 PM
Alternately, could we get two slots from the 'Cane Club, side-by-side? What with all the extra sponsor money we're making since I resigned as a mod, I'm sure we could afford the extra. ;)

goingoneight
7/21/2007, 09:14 PM
Oh, also? Between chasing off Bell's and now screwing us out of using the F&M lot, the Tulsa County Fair Board is really starting to p*ss me off.

OKC > asluT seconded. :D

olevetonahill
7/21/2007, 09:14 PM
olevet actually raises an interesting point...what if we had the tailgate down in the Blue Dome, then took the bus to Skelly?

Of course, I personally loathe the idea in spite of the fact that it's mine, 'cause it doesn't allow me to hang out at the Buck before showing up to hate everyone in person. :D
Cant we walk to the bars and shat ?then catch a bus ?

bri
7/21/2007, 09:16 PM
Olevet, you'd LOVE the Buck. Busty bartenders and Natty pitchers just $5. :D

olevetonahill
7/21/2007, 09:24 PM
Olevet, you'd LOVE the Buck. Busty bartenders and Natty pitchers just $5. :D
Hell yea
Spek

hurricane'bone
7/21/2007, 09:48 PM
Homey -

You got lied to. The fair runs Sept. 27 - Through whenever.

The TU-OU game is Sept. 21st.

soonerboomer93
7/22/2007, 12:29 AM
someone go tp that place :D

StoopTroup
7/22/2007, 03:23 AM
You better win 2 lotos if ya gonna give Me free beer :D
It's up to 82 million now after tonight....

I'm feeling better about winning on Wednesday than Saturday...

:pop:

Okla-homey
7/22/2007, 07:19 AM
Homey -

You got lied to. The fair runs Sept. 27 - Through whenever.

The TU-OU game is Sept. 21st.

I'll go see him with this little development and see what he says.

Thanks.

Hatfield
7/22/2007, 08:14 AM
trick him...call back and ask to use it for your TULSA-ou tailgate party.

JohnnyMack
8/22/2007, 02:13 PM
So what the hell's going on with this anyway? Homey.

C&CDean
8/22/2007, 02:23 PM
So what the hell's going on with this anyway? Homey.

pffft. It ain't like your narrow *** is gonna show up anyways. I'm pretty sure you and momma got pilates that night or something.

JohnnyMack
8/22/2007, 02:39 PM
pffft. It ain't like your narrow *** is gonna show up anyways. I'm pretty sure you and momma got pilates that night or something.

I'll be there ****face. Bring your wife, I wanna spend some quality time with her.

C&CDean
8/22/2007, 02:49 PM
I'll be there ****face. Bring your wife, I wanna spend some quality time with her.

She doesn't have the minute to spare.

JohnnyMack
8/22/2007, 02:50 PM
No once would be enough. I wouldn't need twice.

C&CDean
8/22/2007, 02:53 PM
No once would be enough. I wouldn't need twice.

Once what?

You'da done creamed your knee at the mere prospect of munching down on the same spot that Dean laid his seed.

Besides, she ain't your type, her being a female and all.

JohnnyMack
8/22/2007, 03:03 PM
Shut yer yapping and find out where the tailgate is.

C&CDean
8/22/2007, 03:07 PM
If the Tulsa boys don't come up with a spot soon, the tailgate is gonna be outta the back of a pickup.

Alright, who lives within walking distance? Who's willing to open your home so we can all tailgate there and Dean doesn't have to haul the rig up all those hills? Step up Tulsaites, or whatever the hell y'all call yourselves.

bri
8/22/2007, 03:26 PM
Tulsans.

And picasso has offered the use of his new house located mere blocks from Skelly. As far as I know, his offer still stands.

colleyvillesooner
8/22/2007, 03:29 PM
You serious Clark?

JohnnyMack
8/22/2007, 03:44 PM
And picasso has offered the use of his new house located mere blocks from Skelly.

In.

C&CDean
8/22/2007, 03:46 PM
Now that you mention it, I do remember Picasso offering up the homestead. I thought he meant to park the RV though. If we can tailgate at his crib, and I don't have to haul the rig, Dean is a happy boy.

JohnnyMack
8/22/2007, 03:47 PM
Now that you mention it, I do remember Picasso offering up the homestead. I thought he meant to park the RV though. If we can tailgate at his crib, and I don't have to haul the rig, Dean is a happy boy.

Park the RV in his yard. He won't mind.

C&CDean
8/22/2007, 03:49 PM
Park the RV in his yard. He won't mind.

Yeah, especially when the ****ter's full.

r5TPsooner
8/22/2007, 03:56 PM
Yes. the institution is apparently Pokey owned.

So, it does stand for fags & monkeys?

picasso
8/22/2007, 05:14 PM
we're still game on the offer.
the paint will just be dry but we'll be in there.
you can google and see how far we are from the staduim:

14th & Urbana

and I bet JM is a no-show.

picasso
8/22/2007, 05:15 PM
oh and I just mentioned the rig in the driveway because I thought you wanted to bring it regardless.
it'll fit boy.

NormanPride
8/22/2007, 05:21 PM
This rocks.

Okla-homey
8/22/2007, 08:29 PM

Relax my brutha. We have a Sooner alum in my firm who lives two blocks from Skelly who says we can park the fifth wheel in front of her house as long as she gets to drink free. We'll be able to have access to her yard too of course, and plug the things in.

And the Poke owned F&M bank can just suck it. A pox on them.

BudSooner
8/22/2007, 08:39 PM
**** F&M, my mother used to work there.
They treated her like **** when she was dying of cancer. :mad:

Oh, and i'm in for the tailgate btw....just save me a brew or two...maybe 3 or 4.

JohnnyMack
8/22/2007, 08:56 PM
and I bet JM is a no-show.

I'll wager a commissioned Picasso art piece that I'm there.

I don't show and I'll mow your yard sans clothing.

BudSooner
8/22/2007, 09:04 PM
Now there is an image I would rather not see.

picasso
8/24/2007, 09:59 AM
Relax my brutha. We have a Sooner alum in my firm who lives two blocks from Skelly who says we can park the fifth wheel in front of her house as long as she gets to drink free. We'll be able to have access to her yard too of course, and plug the things in.

very cool!

I'm still having an after party, after the party.

colleyvillesooner
8/24/2007, 10:10 AM
What time will these dealio get started, being a Friday and all. I need to be on the road to drunkytown by 3 at the latest. ;)

We'll bring a cheese dip and some Crown for Dean...if he brings the rig. :D

colleyvillesooner
8/27/2007, 04:32 PM
bump

Paperclip
8/27/2007, 04:46 PM
Now there is an image I would rather not see.

Why do you hate Native American art?

NormanPride
8/27/2007, 04:50 PM
I might just take that day off just to start partying early. :D

colleyvillesooner
9/10/2007, 04:45 PM

So when will we get an official announcement on this, with location, time etc. It's coming UP!!!!!

Will there be any reserved parking at the tailgate site?

picasso
9/10/2007, 05:01 PM
hmmm but we can't use her lavatory?

sounds like shrub time.

JohnnyMack
9/17/2007, 11:14 AM
Homey, is that place still available?

colleyvillesooner
9/17/2007, 11:23 AM
Bueller?

JohnnyMack
9/17/2007, 11:43 AM
I think we're getting big-timed.

colleyvillesooner
9/17/2007, 11:51 AM
We should have our own tailgate. Do you have a 5th Wheel and a place to park it?

I can bring some brats...

JohnnyMack
9/17/2007, 11:55 AM
Oh no you don't.

Fool me once with the "I've got a sausage" line...

Sooner24
9/17/2007, 02:15 PM
Boy it sure is quite in here. So what's the game plan?:confused:

1stTimeCaller
9/17/2007, 02:22 PM
I thought Tuba was friends with one of the big wigs at F&M Bank?

JohnnyMack
9/17/2007, 02:36 PM
Homey had something set up, but has decided to big time us.

Colley, his sausage and I will be at the QT on 11th Street.

NormanPride
9/17/2007, 02:42 PM
Dean said we had a place to tailgate when I talked to him at the Miamuh game. Something just a couple blocks away where we had the street and we could spill onto their front lawn as long as we didn't mess it up.

Is that still on?

colleyvillesooner
9/17/2007, 03:02 PM
Um...thats kinda what we're trying to find out here....;)

C&CDean
9/17/2007, 03:10 PM
If y'all had showed up for the Utah St. tailgate you'd have seen the map Homey hung on the side of the RV.

Right now we're still a go. In the front yard of a house two blocks straight south of Skelly. The reason I'm saying "right now" is because I dropped the RV off at Floyd's in Goldsby for some repairs. They assure me it'll be ready before Friday, but I don't have the greatest confidence in those ****ers.

And if you're wondering why I dropped the RV off let me just say this "the galdang neighbor's pecan tree moved a little closer to my drive than it was when I left."

A low hanging limb took out every vent and skylight on the roof. Shattered hell out of them. Even tore off the little fan in the ****house vent. They have the vent doors in stock, but they didn't have the skylights.

colleyvillesooner
9/17/2007, 03:18 PM
Can we get a copy of the map on here somehow?

Will there be parking at the spot?

What time is tailgate kickoff?

Is someone bringing a grill?

Is this alot of questions?

C&CDean
9/17/2007, 03:25 PM
Can we get a copy of the map on here somehow?

Will there be parking at the spot? Parking will be very limited, first come first served. It's in a residential area, and I've never been there so hell if I know.

What time is tailgate kickoff? Whenever I get there. DOH. Prolly around 4 or so. I should be there before that, but I don't want anybody showing up at noon going "you guys suck, nobody's here yet."

Is someone bringing a grill? I've always got a grill in the RV, but I'm planning on having lunch meat platters for build your own sammiches. If you wanna bring a steak just make sure you bring enough to share with the whole class.

Is this alot of questions? If you have to ask then you probably already know the answer.

Answers.

JohnnyMack
9/17/2007, 03:25 PM
If y'all had showed up for the Utah St. tailgate you'd have seen the map Homey hung on the side of the RV.

Right now we're still a go. In the front yard of a house two blocks straight south of Skelly. The reason I'm saying "right now" is because I dropped the RV off at Floyd's in Goldsby for some repairs. They assure me it'll be ready before Friday, but I don't have the greatest confidence in those ****ers.

And if you're wondering why I dropped the RV off let me just say this "the galdang neighbor's pecan tree moved a little closer to my drive than it was when I left."

A low hanging limb took out every vent and skylight on the roof. Shattered hell out of them. Even tore off the little fan in the ****house vent. They have the vent doors in stock, but they didn't have the skylights.

Allow me to translate:

Dean is getting old, he don't see so well as he used to.

C&CDean
9/17/2007, 03:27 PM
Allow me to translate:

Dean is getting old, he don't see so well as he used to.

When dumping your black water tank on your neighbor's acreage it's always a good idea to look up for low hanging limbs.

colleyvillesooner
9/17/2007, 03:32 PM
Answers.

Thanks. I was asking about the grill, cause I was gonna bring some brats for the class, about 10-15, and didn't want to show up and there not be a grill/charcoal.

JohnnyMack
9/17/2007, 03:34 PM
Oh and I have my ticket to the game. So I'll definitely be there.

C&CDean
9/17/2007, 03:35 PM

Dean still needs a ticket.

colleyvillesooner
9/17/2007, 03:36 PM

out.

C&CDean
9/17/2007, 03:36 PM
Thanks. I was asking about the grill, cause I was gonna bring some brats for the class, about 10-15, and didn't want to show up and there not be a grill/charcoal.

I've only got a gas grill in the RV. If you want charcoal you're gonna have to bring one. Maybe we should do brats/jalapeno sausages/dogs instead of sammies. Thoughts?

JohnnyMack
9/17/2007, 03:37 PM
Dean still needs a ticket.

JohnnyMack still needs a hummer.

colleyvillesooner
9/17/2007, 03:38 PM
I've only got a gas grill in the RV. If you want charcoal you're gonna have to bring one. Maybe we should do brats/jalapeno sausages/dogs instead of sammies. Thoughts?

Gas is fine. Just meant fire in general. :D

Sounds good to me. Like I said, I can bring 10-15 brats pre marinated, ready to brown. mmmmmm...brats.....

C&CDean
9/17/2007, 03:44 PM
JohnnyMack still gives a mean hummer.

Some things are pretty much common knowledge.

JohnnyMack
9/17/2007, 03:49 PM
Some things are pretty much common knowledge.

We're talking pregnant twice in the last two years. It really isn't fair.

NormanPride
9/17/2007, 04:04 PM
We're talking pregnant twice in the last two years. It really isn't fair.

That mailman must be a stud. :texan:

C&CDean
9/17/2007, 04:06 PM
Yes. I. Am.

NormanPride
9/17/2007, 04:08 PM
:D