PDA

View Full Version : Harry Potter spoilers:

soonerboy_odanorth
6/15/2007, 04:29 PM
Dumbledore switched bodies with Snape, so it was Snape that was actually begging Dumbledore to kill him so that he might escape the more horrible death that would befall him for breaking the unbreakable vow. Snape was good, and is good, in a manner of speaking.

Tailwind
6/15/2007, 06:05 PM
Why did you do that?

SicEmBaylor
6/15/2007, 06:28 PM
I hate you.

yermom
6/15/2007, 06:44 PM
yeah, and Harry Potter grows up and marries Lisa Simpson

SicEmBaylor
6/15/2007, 06:46 PM
That's hot.
Is Hermione of legal age yet?

yermom
6/15/2007, 06:48 PM
in this state she is :texan:

soonerboomer93
6/15/2007, 06:58 PM
he's lying

GottaHavePride
6/17/2007, 12:19 AM
Pfff. Dumbledore's been studying phoenixes for a long time. He's gonna pull a Gandalf.

yermom
6/17/2007, 12:22 AM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JGEkzh9pl_Q

:D

soonerboy_odanorth
6/17/2007, 12:52 PM
I hate you.

It's just a guess.

I really was interested in other people's guesses/predictions...

Frozen Sooner
6/17/2007, 12:57 PM
Dumbledore switched bodies with Snape, so it was Snape that was actually begging Dumbledore to kill him so that he might escape the more horrible death that would befall him for breaking the unbreakable vow. Snape was good, and is good, in a manner of speaking.

Death from the Unbreakable Vow is instantaneous. Rowling has stated in interviews that yes, Dumbledore is dead.

Harry is going to be in Voldemort's power at some point in Book 7 and Draco is going to sacrifice himself to save Harry.

Percy is going to become a Death Eater-every book features a betrayal, this is Book 7s.

Vaevictis
6/17/2007, 01:05 PM
The problem I see is that in worlds with magic, the dead have a nasty habit of refusing to stay dead. Even if she says he's currently dead, I don't trust her to necessarily make it stick.

My bet is that Harry and Voldemort kill each other.

And if Rowling really wanted to gut-punch with a betrayal, it'd be Hermione or Ron. I'd put my money on Hermione of the two -- she's ambitious and has being a muggle in common with Voldemort (if I'm recalling that storyline right). If Harry had to kill her, that would mess with the fans a heck of a lot.

Frozen Sooner
6/17/2007, 01:12 PM
Nah. If it's going to be Hermione or Ron, it'd be Ron. She's actually foreshadowed that one quite a bit.

Yes, Hermione is Muggle-born, but Voldemort is half-blood. Hermione is ambitious, but she's also way too concerned with fair play to ever go over to the Death Eaters. Also, while Voldemort and Snape are both half-bloods, remember that their Muggle parents disowned them. Hermione's parents love her and support her wizarding.

All that being said, I really doubt that either Ron or Hermione goes to the dark side unless they break up.

soonerboy_odanorth
6/17/2007, 01:23 PM
Harry is going to be in Voldemort's power at some point in Book 7 and Draco is going to sacrifice himself to save Harry.

Percy is going to become a Death Eater-every book features a betrayal, this is Book 7s.

Hmmm. Not sure I would buy either part of the first one. Maybe Harry sidelined or trapped because of something Voldemort does, but I don't think actually controlled per se. And Draco I think is too much of a coward to fully sacrifice himself. More likely would be he lends some sort of assist to Harry in defeating Voldemort, so that Harry comes to defend Draco as Dumbledore did Snape.

Second one... oh yeah... That one looks like a winner. Freakin' sniveling Percy, I hate that guy. I want him to become a death eater just so Fred and George can whack him.

But that brings me to the subject of deaths... I'm guessing it will be one of the Weasleys that dies. My guess is Ginnie in coming to the rescue of Harry, maybe saving him as his parents did in a sacrifice of true love.

SicEmBaylor
6/17/2007, 01:34 PM
I don't remember all the details of my theory since its been a long time since I read the last book, and the details are pretty fuzzy. But I'm thinking that Harry himself is the final horticrux.

Chuck Bao
6/17/2007, 01:53 PM
I'm still guessing that it is Harry who dies. There can be no satisfying end to the book series without either Harry dying in a heroic effort or completely forsaking his magic life after the loss of a loved one in the process of vanquishing Volemort.

Even if this series plays out, surely we'll have prequels and sequels ala Star Wars.

If Dumbledore can come back from the dead, maybe Harry can too!

Soonrboy
6/17/2007, 02:09 PM
Somehow Ron is one who steps to the other side...we have seen small glimpses into his dark sides. I still believe that harry's aunt will come into play somehow, even though she has been a minor character in the other books.

Frozen Sooner
6/17/2007, 02:14 PM
Somehow Ron is one who steps to the other side...we have seen small glimpses into his dark sides. I still believe that harry's aunt will come into play somehow, even though she has been a minor character in the other books.

That last is confirmed by Rowling. Something major WILL be confirmed about Petunia.

silverwheels
6/17/2007, 02:17 PM
The way she ended HBP meant that there are going to be a lot of loose ends to tie up in DH, and she didn't leave a lot of clues. I'm not invested in the series enough to try and postulate a theory or go along with any pre-existing theories. I'm just going to wait until that Amazon.com box shows up at my door.

Soonrboy
6/17/2007, 05:49 PM
That last is confirmed by Rowling. Something major WILL be confirmed about Petunia.

Oh really?? I've expecting her to step it up in every book.

Frozen Sooner
6/17/2007, 06:33 PM
Really really.

Rowling has said that there's something important about Petunia that has yet to be revealed. She is not a witch nor is she a squib, but there's something quite important about her that we don't know yet.

Speculation is that she was in love with James or Snape at some point.

Rowling has also said that someone has loved Snape in the past.

soonerscuba
6/17/2007, 10:43 PM
I think that Longbottom is going to kick some serious ***. I mean he has been shat upon by classmates and deatheaters his whole life, and is going to snap and probably do some damage. It would also be really weird if it was Neville's destiny all along to do Voldemort in.

As for the Malfoys, I could see Draco having a change of heart at some point, but as said, might be too big of a coward to really do anthing.

Soonrboy
6/17/2007, 10:47 PM
I can't see draco doing anything brave, unless it was just to **** his dad off somehow.

FaninAma
6/17/2007, 11:33 PM
If Rowling kills off Harry and other main characters I think she will have done a great disservice to the portion of her fanbase that allowed her to achieve most of her success.....kids between the ages of 10 and 16. Let's be honest, if this age group hadn't propelled the Harry Potter series into the realm of cult status, most of us old fogies would have never bothered to pick up any of the books. It would have been just another of a thousand fantasy fiction novels. A lot of parents and other "grownups" started reading these books only because the series was so popular with their children and we all had to see what the fuss was all about.

I see no reason why she has to cram the "Life is Tough....Good People Die" theme down the throats of her biggest fans....the ones responsible for most of her success. They really have enough of the real world to deal with including things most of us old farts didn't have to deal with at their age.

Killing Harry Potter would be a cheap, lazy literary ploy and would, IMO, devalue the legacy of Rowling's work for later generations of young readers.

Tailwind
6/17/2007, 11:39 PM
I'm in love with Hagrid.