PDA

View Full Version : Lynn Katoa

rankin07
6/15/2007, 04:01 PM
http://oklahoma.scout.com/2/651967.html?refid=400

It looks like OU has a great chance with him. He really loves Venables and Stoops.

CatfishSooner
6/15/2007, 04:34 PM
wow, his first year to play was last year...sounds like a great player

goingoneight
6/16/2007, 01:08 AM
6'2, 220... not too shabby for a HS LB. Stoops and Venables don't normally team up and recruit a guy unless he's something special. My best way to describe this would be a CEO and President both calling you about that job offer they presented you. If he's "good," send an email, a text, whatever. Having the head honcho and right hand man show up on your doorstep together means business.

LoyalFan
6/16/2007, 01:58 AM
Well, he'd better commit and nail down the scholly 'cause Alden Farquahar is on the verge of a solid commitment to the Crimson 'n Cream. Once AF gives his verbal, the gate is closed.

LF

rankin07
6/16/2007, 02:20 AM
I looked for Alden Farquahar's profile on scout and rivals and there's nothing about him...wth?

KingDavid
6/16/2007, 12:26 PM
I looked for Alden Farquahar's profile on scout and rivals and there's nothing about him...wth?

Every year there is a group of impact sleepers published on Rivals called the Rivals Sub Zero, the 10 hottest sleepers in the nation. See if you can find it. I think they had him at -5 or -3 or something last time I checked. It's ultra premium content.

Does anyone have the link for Farquahar on the Rivals Sub Zero group? Maybe someone can just publish some of the text just this once? I'd love to see what they have to say about this kid, but I let my ultra-premium subscription lapse.

Seamus
6/16/2007, 01:03 PM
From what I understand, Farqahar is Sidd Finch's godson or nephew.

critical_phil
6/16/2007, 01:08 PM
is Sidd still running that orphanage in Sri Lanka?

usmc-sooner
6/16/2007, 03:13 PM
just think if he marries a Martha

Martha Farqahar

KingDavid
6/16/2007, 03:38 PM
Every year there is a group of impact sleepers published on Rivals called the Rivals Sub Zero, the 10 hottest sleepers in the nation. See if you can find it. I think they had him at -5 or -3 or something last time I checked. It's ultra premium content.

Does anyone have the link for Farquahar on the Rivals Sub Zero group? Maybe someone can just publish some of the text just this once? I'd love to see what they have to say about this kid, but I let my ultra-premium subscription lapse.

These jokers aren't going to be much help. I got this via my brother's login:

Alden F. Farquahar
Finchville, WC
Athlete
6'2"
251 lbs
40: 4.34
Bench Max: 320
Vertical: 40"

Grades aren't that strong. 40 time is self-reported; but most scouts have him at sub 4.4. I'm looking for the vids. There's this one shot of him at DE when he crashes down on an option read. It's unreal. He knocks the entire OL over like a row of stacked dominoes and then takes down the QB & FB together during an option dive. He then gets up immediately and grabs the FB by the back of his jersey (as you or I might grab a puppy by its scruff) and tosses him back three or four more yards. He was flagged, of course, for that little stunt. Still, I've never seen anything like it.

I hope the kid can make his grades.

LoyalFan
6/18/2007, 07:49 AM
This one time at Band Camp in Thailand I met a local chick who called herself Lynn. Similar last name, in fact...Katoey. She was pretty as a picture but the poor thing had some sort of deformity that caused her not-all-that-private parts to look just like a guy's.
The weirdest thing was that she was a football fan and followed college recruiting faithfully. Her pick for "must have" for OU? None other than Alden Farquahar.
Sometimes fact is stranger than fiction.

LF

CatfishSooner
6/18/2007, 11:55 AM
err.

Seamus
6/18/2007, 12:32 PM
is Sidd still running that orphanage in Sri Lanka?

No, I read in Newsweek that he moved to Banda Aceh after the tsunami. Lot of kids were left without parents there. He maintains a massive orphanage and relief center there with help from UNICEF.

He's actually doing OK because apparently he still has most of that ridiculously huge signing bonus the Mets gave him.

picasso
6/24/2007, 11:19 PM
he ain't no Jorbo Thumbnail.