PDA

View Full Version : Toddler newest resident of DrunkyTown

OzarkSooner
6/15/2007, 02:05 PM
http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,282992,00.html

California Toddler OK After Accidentally Drinking Margarita
Friday , June 15, 2007

ANTIOCH, Calif. —

A toddler who was served a margarita at a restaurant earlier this week is doing well, and investigators say the incident appears to have been an accident.

Police say 2-year-old Julian Mayorga ordered apple juice but instead received an alcoholic beverage in a covered, plastic sippy cup on Monday night at an Applebee's franchise in Antioch, between San Francisco and Sacramento.

The boy's mother, Kim Mayorga, said she noticed Julian making funny faces and pushing away his cup. She opened the lid and was hit by the smell of tequila and Triple Sec. The toddler grew drowsy and started vomiting a few hours later and was rushed to the hospital.

"I wasn't going to make a big deal about it," the mother said Thursday, "but then he got sick."

Applebee's Vice President Randy Tei said the restaurant keeps apple juice and the premixed margarita concoction in identical-looking plastic bottles on ice behind the bar. A manager on duty mistakenly grabbed the margarita bottle instead of the apple juice jug, Tei said.

The company will reimburse the Mayorgas for their medical bills. It will no longer keep the juice and margarita mix in similar-looking containers, Tei said.

"We absolutely believe it was an honest mistake," Tei said.

The serving appeared to have been accidental, Antioch police Lt. Pat Welch said.

Viking Kitten
6/15/2007, 02:38 PM
Sheesh... kid has one drink and he pukes? I hate partying with people like that.

Taxman71
6/15/2007, 03:33 PM
I served a kid (3-ish) a jack and coke by accident one time. His dad thought it was pretty funny and said he would sleep better (the kid that is).

Flagstaffsooner
6/15/2007, 03:36 PM
That's how Olevet and I started.

Pricetag
6/15/2007, 04:06 PM
"I wasn't going to make a big deal about it," the mother said Thursday, "but then he got sick."

At least she didn't say she was "outraged." That seems to be the word of choice when folks try to drum something up into a megabucks lawsuit.

silverwheels
6/15/2007, 04:08 PM
If she doesn't sue, then a very, very small fraction of my faith in society will be restored.

StoopTroup
6/15/2007, 04:15 PM
I might go to Applebees for a few apple juices later.

olevetonahill
6/15/2007, 05:14 PM
That's how Olevet and I started.
Natty lite in my Bottle :D

Flagstaffsooner
6/15/2007, 05:22 PM
Natty lite in my Bottle :DYup, I've seen your baby pics.http://www.greatwhatsit.com/wp-content/uploads/2006/04/ugly%201.JPG

olevetonahill
6/15/2007, 05:27 PM
Yup, I've seen your baby pics.http://www.greatwhatsit.com/wp-content/uploads/2006/04/ugly%201.JPG
Thats funny as hell Cept I didnt wear pink:eek:
I ate Pink :D

Flagstaffsooner
6/15/2007, 05:30 PM
Thats funny as hell Cept I didnt wear pink:eek:
I ate Pink :DI should have photoshopped it to look like a Mathew Brady pic from when you WERE a baby.

olevetonahill
6/15/2007, 05:33 PM
I should have photoshopped it to look like a Mathew Brady pic from when you WERE a baby.
:D :D :D :D :D :D