PDA

View Full Version : Not everyone hates Ou, here are a couple of good snipits from CFN.COM!

Collier11
6/15/2007, 01:15 PM
Q: One of the oldest rival games in the nation has historically been Texas A&M vs. Texas at the end of the regular season. Recently I have noticed that several fans of UT have been in denial about the old rivalry claiming that the two schools were never rivals at all, and that UT & OU were always the true rivalry. Is this because of the recent lack of great success that A&M was used to in the 90's, & with UT & OU being very successful as of recently? - Old-AGGIE

A: It’s certainly been easy for UT fans to be in A&M denial about the rivalry over the last several months. I’ve asked my Texas, A&M and OU friends about this from time to time, and basically, the Texas – Texas A&M rivalry is more of an in-house scuffle while the OU – Texas showdown is a national go-to game. The Texas – Texas A&M game is a fun, nasty, mean battle that the fans of each team get tremendously bitter about, but the Red River Rivalry is appointment television for those outside of the rivalry. You’re right; the main issue is A&M, who hasn’t been remotely in the national title discussion by the time the big games has rolled around since the early 1990s, while OU is a perennial title contender. Try this for a fun-stat as to the importance of the OU – Texas games. Texas is 28-3 in games leading up to the showdown since 2000, while the Sooners are 27-3.

Q:It seems like everyone will have USC, Texas, LSU or Florida as the real national title contenders. Who are some of the mid-ranked top teams, like Ohio State in 2002 and LSU when it won the title, that could easily be in New Orleans? I’m not talking about a pie-in-the-sky sleeper team here, I’m talking about a good team who has a real shot at the national title because of schedule, talent, whatever. – KO

A: If a steady quarterback emerges, Oklahoma is my sleeper-not-a-sleeper to watch out for in the national title hunt. After the way the Sooners stunk in their last two national championship appearances, and suffered the indignity of losing to a Boise State team with roughly 20 starters that wouldn’t have made the OU two-deep, everyone has quickly dismissed them as a contender. That’s a huge mistake. As long as DeMarco Murray is the real-deal runner he was this spring, and if Malcolm Kelly (arguably the nation’s top NFL receiver prospect), doesn't have problems with a knee injury, the backs and receivers will be among the best in the Big 12, if not the country. The offensive line is the nation’s best, and other than USC, there isn’t a close second. The secondary is among the nation’s three best, and the front seven, while untested, is ridiculously talented.

And then there’s the schedule. North Texas, Utah State, at Tulsa, at Iowa State, and Baylor should all be wins without breathing too hard. Barring some unforeseen change of plans, the Sooners will be favored against Miami, at Colorado, Missouri, Texas A&M. at Texas Tech and against Oklahoma State. The Texas battle will probably go off at OU +2.5, but is certainly not a sure-loss for OU by any stretch. The schedule isn’t a walk in the park, but it’s manageable for anyone wanting to win a national title.

Ash
6/15/2007, 01:21 PM
All I see are two Q and A's... :confused:

Collier11
6/15/2007, 01:24 PM
It is an article they run every week called "ask CFN" where people write in questions, these two just happened to be about OU so i posted them

Ash
6/15/2007, 01:25 PM
It is an article they run every week called "ask CFN" where people write in questions, these two just happened to be about OU so i posted them

OK...not meaning to nitpick but the thread title said two articles so I was expecting links or pasting of two articles...

:cool:

Collier11
6/15/2007, 02:25 PM
I got ya, I changed the lead header to snipits! LOL! Just for you

OSUAggie
6/15/2007, 02:29 PM
Too bad the stench of unfulfilled expectations already surrounds you.

Collier11
6/15/2007, 02:55 PM

Atleast we have expectations surrounding our program that go past leading the big 12 in offense and winning the independence bowl! Jackazz!

OSUAggie
6/15/2007, 03:10 PM
Atleast we have expectations surrounding our program that go past leading the big 12 in offense and winning the independence bowl! Jackazz!

I was joking about your intitial title of "articles" disappointing Ash. I didn't realize that was so offensive. My most humble apologies.

Collier11
6/15/2007, 03:30 PM
Your an AG, your not allowed to be offensive about anything other than the fact that youre an AG ;)

Ash
6/15/2007, 03:33 PM
I was joking about your intitial title of "articles" disappointing Ash. I didn't realize that was so offensive. My most humble apologies.

Except your post wouldn't give anyone that impression...

insuranceman_22
6/15/2007, 11:07 PM
Hey - Hey
Cut Collier a little slack on this one. While it didn't have links and only had a small Q & A, it was still a good article about our beloved Sooners.
Thanks C

goingoneight
6/16/2007, 12:12 AM

This, of course coming from a team who has never won a conference title outright, never sniffed the National Championship game, and is only one legendary player away from being Middle Tennesee A&M State Tech's little brother. :texan:

Collier11
6/16/2007, 07:39 PM
Hey - Hey
Cut Collier a little slack on this one. While it didn't have links and only had a small Q & A, it was still a good article about our beloved Sooners.
Thanks C

thats what Im talking about playboy...and it did have links though!

Collier11
6/16/2007, 07:40 PM
Right...about...here--------> http://cfn.scout.com/2/651851.html

LosAngelesSooner
6/17/2007, 02:44 AM
How do you explain the stench that surrounds your team?

Oh, yeah. The stock yards. My bad.

limey_sooner
6/17/2007, 03:16 PM

Yeah, its much easier when a history of failure means no one expects anything out of you, isn't it.

goingoneight
6/17/2007, 04:45 PM
Methinks OSUAggie got pwn3d!!!

the_ouskull
6/17/2007, 06:15 PM

You know about as much about football as you do about fornicating.

Good For Us:

http://www.triumphbooks.com/filebin/fixed_images/Fullsize/1572437715.jpg

Bad For You:

Games:

Oklahoma Wins:

Oklahoma A&M Wins:

Times OU got screwed by the officials and it wasn't as obvious as it has been recently (okay, ties):

OU's all-time winning percentage vs. Oklahoma A&M:
81%

The all-time scoring average:
27-10

National Championships:
7-0

Conference Championships:
4-0. It's actually less than zero in my eyes, since you've never even won the South. This is usually the part where OSU fans, predictably, point out their recent success against OU, not realizing that, 1) they're not as successful as they think...

Oklahoma's current streak:
W4

and 2) when we succeed, we win championships. When you succeed, you play in the Bourbon Bowl. How are you not "little brother" again? You're allowed to talk when you do something that matters. You're allowed to talk when you WIN something that matters. Until then, you shut the H*ll up, and you sit down when you pee, you got it?

the_ouskull

crimson&cream
6/19/2007, 06:53 PM
The stench is in Stoolwater, but hey I heard the Brokeback Cowboys are coming out with their own VISA Card, and if it's anything like your FB team it'll have the lowest interest rate in the State.
BTW, I heard Wal Mart had to return all their LosuR Flip Flops - the didn't flip, they only FLOPPED!

NormanPride
6/20/2007, 10:42 AM
The offensive line is the nation’s best

Man, am I ever glad we got rid of Schmitty.