PDA

View Full Version : The Duke Case

FaninAma
6/15/2007, 09:26 AM
http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,282874,00.html

Nifong shouldn't just lose his license, he should go to prison. Abuse of power like he exhibited undermines public confidence in the entire judicial-legal system.

The sad fact is that most people who are wrongly accused by corrupt ***-hats in the legal system don't have the resources of the Duke players to fight the charges.

Jerk
6/15/2007, 11:16 AM
and what about the 88 professors at that school who rushed to judgement and signed the petition against the lacross players? Wanna bet they are of the "Celebrate Diversity" / PC mold? F... them.

yermom
6/15/2007, 12:53 PM
expel first, ask questions later

King Crimson
6/15/2007, 12:59 PM
not a single criminal charge was filed in the CU rape allegations case, but how many of you think CU and Barney is "dirty"?

white boys, black girls=acquit. moral chest thumping.

black boys, white girls=trial by media. moral chest thumping.

yermom
6/15/2007, 01:10 PM
i thought the CU being dirty thing was about hookers or something

are you talking about the kicker? the horrible, horrible kicker?

FaninAma
6/15/2007, 02:03 PM
not a single criminal charge was filed in the CU rape allegations case, but how many of you think CU and Barney is "dirty"?

Refresh my memory. Were there any arrests or did the DA file charges in the CU case?

TUSooner
6/15/2007, 02:13 PM
There's also a lesson here the crowd that habitually whines about the how the rights of the accused screw up the criminal justice system: The cops and prosecutors are not always right, sometimes they are wrong, and sometimes they are bad, too. Just sayin.

King Crimson
6/15/2007, 02:22 PM
Refresh my memory. Were there any arrests or did the DA file charges in the CU case?

i'm not saying it was right, but no criminal charges were filed.

CUinNC
6/15/2007, 02:46 PM
Nifong says today "I may have gotten carried away a little bit":mad:

http://www.charlotte.com/109/story/161112.html

Petro-Sooner
6/15/2007, 02:49 PM
"I may have gotten carried away a little bit":mad:

Insert Oh Rely owl here.

Ya think??

mikeelikee
6/15/2007, 02:55 PM
Nifong is a tool of major proportions.

FaninAma
6/15/2007, 03:09 PM
i'm not saying it was right, but no criminal charges were filed.

I could care less about the average schmuck on the street prejudging a case. But it's very worrisome and troubling to see an out of control prosecutor abusing his power. IMO, it happens a lot more than we are aware of.

I think most prosecutors are ethical and honest. What this jackass in NC did was make their jobs a lot more difficult especially as it pertains to rape cases.

Suerreal
6/15/2007, 05:03 PM
He's also announced on the witness stand his intention to resign as Durham DA. Sounds like a desperate attempt to maintain his law license. Don't see it working.

Stoop Dawg
6/15/2007, 05:19 PM

I'd rather have people "think" that I'm "dirty" than have criminal charges filed against me. But maybe it's just me.

One of reasons race is still an issue in the country is because people keep making it an issue. Good job.

Harry Beanbag
6/15/2007, 05:27 PM
Didn't the coach get fired or forced to resign? What happened with him?

CUinNC
6/15/2007, 05:33 PM
He's also announced on the witness stand his intention to resign as Durham DA. Sounds like a desperate attempt to maintain his law license. Don't see it working.

He's weak - it allows him to keep his state pension..when he loses his law license, or whatever the hell it is, he get's to live on the pension, cause probalby the incomes gone..

He's a goner & should be staked & roasted..

royalfan5
6/15/2007, 05:39 PM
Didn't the coach get fired or forced to resign? What happened with him?
He landed at a D-II school in Rhode Island or Connecticut, and a book deal as well.

Suerreal
6/15/2007, 05:42 PM
Gary Barnett was under pressure but kept his job during the multiple investigations of alleged player & AD staff excesses.

He lost his job for a below - expectations record and perception that he could not successfully recruit there.

In both situations (Colorado FB, Duke Lacrosse) it is pretty clear that no one was truly "innocent", and even if the coaching staffs were not actually complicit in the excesses, they were willfully ignorant of what the players were doing. Loss of institutional control, anyone?

CUinNC
6/16/2007, 05:51 PM
Well, he's cooked for now, the state bar has baned him - good

Now, after the decision the family's and their legal eagles had a press conference....sounds like they are gonna go after him, since he isn't totally immune from prosecution in this, and I hope they are right...give 'em hell

Basically the bars' decision used the words "intentional and wrongfull prosecution"

Also the Justice Department will be asked to get involved...

I hope he scrubs floors the rest of his miserable life with his tongue..

and by the way:les: Where is the Nancy Grace Apology!!! Beeatch..

Y'all have a great rest 'o the weekend......

SoonerStormchaser
6/16/2007, 07:03 PM
MY OPINION:

I'm not a huge fan of lawsuits...BUT...

Those boys need to sue the pants off of Nifong, all those professors who signed the petition, the state of North Carolina, and finally...the accuser!

I know what some of the devils advocates will say about the accuser part, but jeez...this one is definitely different.

Suerreal
6/16/2007, 08:37 PM
1. The accuser is bat**** crazy. Really, truly, certifiably nuts. That came to light months after the indictments came down.

2. She is a single mother, and student, and doing "exotic dancing" to make some extra money. Yes the three young men could sue her, and quite possibly win, but you can't get blood from a turnip. What's the point?

Penguin
6/16/2007, 10:28 PM
It still amazes me that people are still talking about this. I didn't care when the story broke, and I don't care about it now.

I'm never going to cry for a bunch of rich boys who play a fake sport.