PDA

View Full Version : Boys of Summer

royalfan5
6/14/2007, 09:13 PM
Every time I hear this song, I am reminded how ****ing perfect it is. Just absolute genius.

phead903
6/14/2007, 09:18 PM
Every time I hear this song, I am reminded how ****ing perfect it is. Just absolute genius.

Saw Don Henley at the Zoo Amphitheatre right after this song came out - almost the perfect summer song...

SoonerStormchaser
6/14/2007, 09:40 PM
Between that, Dirty Laundry and All She Wants to Do is Dance, all good songs.

yermom
6/14/2007, 10:26 PM
men, i liked his stuff with the Eagles better

i like that song a lot more now than when it was new though

goingoneight
6/15/2007, 01:04 AM
The punk band that remade that song a few years ago ****ed me off. It was always a power ballad, but they just popped it out. Sickening is, everytime you sing that song, all the younger people recognize it for the modern version and some had no idea about the original.

yermom
6/15/2007, 01:06 AM
i kinda liked the Ataris version

StoopTroup
6/15/2007, 01:27 AM
I think Obama Girl may be giving it a run for it's money. ;)

King Crimson
6/15/2007, 04:26 AM
I saw a deadhead sticker on a Cadillac.

otherwise, Don Henley=shallow pretense without being interesting. bad combo.

King Crimson
6/15/2007, 05:17 AM
Sickening is, everytime you sing that song, all the younger people recognize it for the modern version and some had no idea about the original.

that song is called Gone, Daddy, Gone. Gnarls Barkley (total crap, worst video ever. ever) vs. the Violent Femmes. i report, you decide.

Harry Beanbag
6/15/2007, 07:06 AM
i kinda liked the Ataris version

I thought it was pretty good too. One of the better remakes I've heard.

Beef
6/15/2007, 08:52 AM
Boys of Summer=greatness
Dirty Laundry=one of the worst songs I've ever heard. I hated that song when it came out. I heard it the other day and thought that maybe some time would make me appreciate it more, and I still hate it.

Taxman71
6/15/2007, 08:54 AM
Between that, Dirty Laundry and End of the Innocence, all good songs.

Fixed.

yermom
6/15/2007, 09:48 AM
that song is called Gone, Daddy, Gone. Gnarls Barkley (total crap, worst video ever. ever) vs. the Violent Femmes. i report, you decide.

other than not seeing the video, i totally agree

proud gonzo
6/15/2007, 10:46 AM
i kinda liked the Ataris versionyeah, i was about to say that too. I never liked the original that much

silverwheels
6/15/2007, 12:20 PM
I hate the Ataris' version. The original is okay, and I would probably like it more if the Ataris didn't come out with their cover of it. Talk about oversaturation. That song was everywhere that one summer.

King Crimson
6/15/2007, 12:23 PM
other than not seeing the video, i totally agree

you can change that, iffin' you want. it's on youtube. and you will come to the hateful position i am in....once you see it.

AllAboutThe'O'
6/15/2007, 11:46 PM
What, no love for "Not Enough Love in the World?"

BTW, rf5, I had the pleasure of going to KC earlier this week to see the Royals' beatdown of the Cardinals in the opening game (with my Cardinal-loving girlfriend in tow). Before the game on the video board, they played "Boys of Summer" with a montage of great Royals' moments, mostly the '70s and '80s glory days. When Henley sang that line "Remember how you made me crazy?," they showed the famous clip of George Brett charging out of the dugout going after the umpires during the Pine Tar Game of '83. Real good video, I hope someone puts it up on youtube (the Royals' montage, that is).

royalfan5
6/15/2007, 11:57 PM
What, no love for "Not Enough Love in the World?"

BTW, rf5, I had the pleasure of going to KC earlier this week to see the Royals' beatdown of the Cardinals in the opening game (with my Cardinal-loving girlfriend in tow). Before the game on the video board, they played "Boys of Summer" with a montage of great Royals' moments, mostly the '70s and '80s glory days. When Henley sang that line "Remember how you made me crazy?," they showed the famous clip of George Brett charging out of the dugout going after the umpires during the Pine Tar Game of '83. Real good video, I hope someone puts it up on youtube (the Royals' montage, that is).
I enjoyed that game, as well as the one yesterday. I think the Royals could win the NL Central. The Cards are just terrible.

AllAboutThe'O'
6/16/2007, 12:01 AM
I enjoyed that game, as well as the one yesterday. I think the Royals could win the NL Central. The Cards are just terrible.

Too bad there was just as many (or even more) Cardinal fans there than there were Royal fans. But the giveaway of the blue Gil Meche jersey T-shirts eventually evened things out.;)

I also read in Sunday's KC Star about the Royals turning down the chance to move from the AL to the NL 10 years ago. I completely forgot about that, and I think if KC had to do it all over again, they would switch leagues in a heartbeat. Think about an NL Central with the Royals, Cards, Cubs and Reds slugging it out.

royalfan5
6/16/2007, 12:06 AM
Too bad there was just as many (or even more) Cardinal fans there than there were Royal fans. But the giveaway of the blue Gil Meche jersey T-shirts eventually evened things out.;)

I also read in Sunday's KC Star about the Royals turning down the chance to move from the AL to the NL 10 years ago. I completely forgot about that, and I think if KC had to do it all over again, they would switch leagues in a heartbeat. Think about an NL Central with the Royals, Cards, Cubs and Reds slugging it out.
The Royals probably should have switched. They were always more of a National League team during there heyday. But, what's done is done. If a couple years the Royals will be contending for AL Central crowns and it won't matter.