PDA

View Full Version : So if your car has a TSB on it...

mxATVracer10
6/13/2007, 01:18 PM
and the problem is what the Technical Service Bulletin describes, the dealer is 'posed to fix it up for teh free right?

The ol lady has a 04 Pacifica that now has a small pond in the passenger side floorboard thanks to a constant drip coming from the A/C compressor (or at least something to do with the AC). Anyone else have one of these and had this happen? If the dealer tries to charge to fix it, expect a call from me Olvet :texan:

olevetonahill
6/13/2007, 03:42 PM
and the problem is what the Technical Service Bulletin describes, the dealer is 'posed to fix it up for teh free right?

The ol lady has a 04 Pacifica that now has a small pond in the passenger side floorboard thanks to a constant drip coming from the A/C compressor (or at least something to do with the AC). Anyone else have one of these and had this happen? If the dealer tries to charge to fix it, expect a call from me Olvet :texan:
You got it .
Its prolly just a plug drain line , From your a/c condensate
Look on the fire wall on the passenger side down low you should see a small plastic or rubber elbow pointing down . pull it off and take something and stick it in the hole and pull the junk out .

mxATVracer10
6/13/2007, 04:26 PM
there is actually a black "circle looking thingy" thats mounted to the firewall where the water is coming from. I looked under there yesterday and noticed it steadily dripping from there. It has leaked so much that it has now soaked the second row floorboards as well :mad: the dealer said they couldnt get to it until the 20th though

Frozen Sooner
6/13/2007, 04:30 PM
Yes, TSBs are supposed to be fixed free of charge.

olevetonahill
6/13/2007, 04:35 PM
What Mike said
You may be able to make em at least clean the carpet also .

olevetonahill
6/13/2007, 06:28 PM
Ok I just ckecked with My friends a TSB is Not a recall , so the dealer WILL charge you .
Do what I said and run a piece of wire in the hole or some thing to clean it out
If You can copy the TSB and post it , Then I can tell ya how to fix it fer cheap

Frozen Sooner
6/13/2007, 06:37 PM
Eh? I thought that they did have to fix TSBs for free. It just wasn't something that would affect safety, so they don't have to recall the vehicle and do it right away-just whenever you're next in for service.

*nm-just looked it up and they only have to fix TSBs for free during the warranty period.

olevetonahill
6/13/2007, 07:47 PM
Would I lie:eek: :eek: to Yall :D

Sooner Eclipse
6/13/2007, 08:07 PM
Eh? I thought that they did have to fix TSBs for free. It just wasn't something that would affect safety, so they don't have to recall the vehicle and do it right away-just whenever you're next in for service.

*nm-just looked it up and they only have to fix TSBs for free during the warranty period.

To expand on this manufacturers use TSBs for just about anything. A TSB can be corrections to repair instructions in manuals or accessory installation instructions; instructions for performing a recall or service campaign; or, just instructions for fixing a particular problem they see commonly. Unless its a recall or a SC, its only fixed gratis if the car is under warranty and YOU complain about it. Just because you take the car in for a service doesnt mean they will correct all these items unless you complain about that particular issue.

There is very particular criteria for what constitutes classifying a problem as a recall or SC. These have to be honored without regards to the age or mileage of the car. (until the NHTSA agrees to allow the manufacturer to close it)

mxATVracer10
6/22/2007, 10:12 AM
Damnit, I wish I would have dug this up earlier! I just got off the phone with the service guy at East Tulsa Dodge and he said that there was something wrong with one of the drain plugs (like Olevet's talking about I'm sure). I told him to go ahead and fix it before I remembered about this post :mad: Sounds like its gonna cost about $40-50, guess it could have been worse though... At least I got to see the rusted up "Miss Belvedere", they are announcing the winner of it at noon today.

Olevet, the service guy also stated that the interior filter was pretty nasty and needed replaced for roughly $60. Is there a cheaper route for this?

mxATVracer10
6/22/2007, 10:30 AM
I was under the impression that TSBs were like a "quiet recall". Meaning if you acutally had the problem described in the TSB, they would fix it, but if it wasn't broke, nothing needed to be done....

r5TPsooner
6/22/2007, 10:37 AM
I just received a TSB from Nissan on my 07 Titan. They did all of the work free of charge and even offered me a free loaner car for the day.

It also could be that it depends on the dealer and/or manufacturer whether the service is free or not? .

olevetonahill
6/22/2007, 12:12 PM
Damnit, I wish I would have dug this up earlier! I just got off the phone with the service guy at East Tulsa Dodge and he said that there was something wrong with one of the drain plugs (like Olevet's talking about I'm sure). I told him to go ahead and fix it before I remembered about this post :mad: Sounds like its gonna cost about $40-50, guess it could have been worse though... At least I got to see the rusted up "Miss Belvedere", they are announcing the winner of it at noon today.

Olevet, the service guy also stated that the interior filter was pretty nasty and needed replaced for roughly $60. Is there a cheaper route for this?
Yup there is a way thats a Lot cheaper
Dont let the Dealer service dept do it .
You can get a 20 dollar repair manual . spend 10 bucks or so for the filter and change it yourself in about 10 minutes .

olevetonahill
6/22/2007, 12:14 PM
I just received a TSB from Nissan on my 07 Titan. They did all of the work free of charge and even offered me a free loaner car for the day.

It also could be that it depends on the dealer and/or manufacturer whether the service is free or not? .
Its because it still under Warranty

mxATVracer10
6/22/2007, 01:00 PM
Are those filters available from Advance/Oreilly's/Autozone?

olevetonahill
6/22/2007, 01:33 PM
Are those filters available from Advance/Oreilly's/Autozone?
Yup

mxATVracer10
6/22/2007, 03:21 PM
Just got back from picking up the ride. $48.57 to replace a $6 part that would have given me a reason to hang out in the garage wrenchin on stuff. :mad: And to make things worse, they left all kinds of debris laying in the floorboard from I'm assuming the filter that I told them not to replace. Now I remember why I try to do it myself or go to small shops instead of dealerships....