PDA

View Full Version : Thompson moves up in polls

jk the sooner fan
6/13/2007, 01:00 PM
Fred Thompson moves in to second place in GOP hopeful polls

more news at 11......

Petro-Sooner
6/13/2007, 01:02 PM
If he hints at all at conservativism he'll blow the other GOP candidates out of the water.

JohnnyMack
6/13/2007, 01:03 PM
A Russian don't take a dump without a plan, Son.

jk the sooner fan
6/13/2007, 01:06 PM
If he hints at all at conservativism he'll blow the other GOP candidates out of the water.

i'm thinking he's going to try and appear as Reagan-esque as possible

King Crimson
6/13/2007, 01:11 PM
humor me: when you say "conservatism" and "Reagan-esque" what do we mean?

what is this essence we've all been getting/missing the last 8 years?

Octavian
6/13/2007, 01:13 PM
humor me: when you say "conservatism" and "Reagan-esque" what do you mean?

heaping mountains of debt on your kids and invading Grenada ;)

Rhino
6/13/2007, 01:19 PM
This business will get out of control. It will get out of control and we'll be lucky to live through it.

JohnnyMack
6/13/2007, 01:42 PM
If you two wanna turn yourselves into a greasy spot out on a country road somewhere, go right ahead. I don't give a **** and I don't think anybody else does, but you two monkeys are not going to do it on my racetrack.

Rhino
6/13/2007, 01:47 PM
What the hell is that supposed to mean? I know we're all dummies up here, JohnnyMack, but give us a little taste of your brilliant genius! What are we talking about, a hijacking?

usmc-sooner
6/13/2007, 01:50 PM
something went over my head. What are you guys talking about?

JohnnyMack
6/13/2007, 01:51 PM
Rhino you stupid, arrogant son-of-a-bitch! It's all over the airport.

Petro-Sooner
6/13/2007, 01:54 PM
WTF??

C&CDean
6/13/2007, 01:55 PM
Newbs.

colleyvillesooner
6/13/2007, 02:06 PM
heh

skycat
6/13/2007, 02:08 PM
Now just to show there are no hard feelings, we're all going to go to dinner together.

Petro-Sooner
6/13/2007, 02:15 PM
Now just to show there are no hard feelings, we're all going to go to dinner together.

Is there an OKC/Norman lunch thread I'm missing? :D

Rhino
6/13/2007, 02:26 PM
Not only that. You two are gonna drive to dinner together.

KABOOKIE
6/13/2007, 02:58 PM
Fred Thompson is circling his plane right now. Pretty soon he’ll run out of fuel and drop on the White House lawn.

StoopTroup
6/13/2007, 03:01 PM
Go Fred ! ! !

http://www.aurorahistoryboutique.com/products/C000211.jpg

KABOOKIE
6/13/2007, 03:04 PM
http://www.foxnews.com/images/286393/2_21_052507_MonsterPig.jpg

http://www.aurorahistoryboutique.com/products/C000211.jpg

Scott D
6/13/2007, 03:20 PM
By God, if you call me Freddy once more, you'll be busting counterfeiters in Alaska!

MamaMia
6/13/2007, 03:26 PM
Fred had a nice visit with Jay Leno last night, or was it the night before? Well, anyway...I enjoyed watching him. He seems like a nice fellow.

Rhino
6/13/2007, 03:48 PM
Turn around and call for back-up. We're going back to the tick-tock, to get the boo-boo!

usmc-sooner
6/13/2007, 03:50 PM
man the mere mention of Fred Thompson sends the Democrats into some kinda crazed frenzy, like showing a vampire a cross.

they start babbling off Days of Thunder quotes like their asses were on fire with Holy Water :D

Rhino
6/13/2007, 03:53 PM
That last quote was from the epic Baby's Day Out (http://imdb.com/title/tt0109190/).

Scott D
6/13/2007, 03:54 PM
Well, I guess it beats dousing yourself in rum and lighting up a Cohiba.

Scott D
6/13/2007, 03:55 PM
I've gone with Law & Order (http://imdb.com/title/tt0098844/quotes) and In the Line of Fire (http://imdb.com/title/tt0107206/quotes)

soonerscuba
6/13/2007, 05:07 PM
man the mere mention of Fred Thompson sends the Democrats into some kinda crazed frenzy, like showing a vampire a cross.

they start babbling off Days of Thunder quotes like their asses were on fire with Holy Water :D

Unless the words "I will get out of Iraq at the earliest possible second if I'm president" come out of his mouth, I don't think he will be elected. So no, the Republican field doesn't scare me much.

usmc-sooner
6/13/2007, 05:25 PM
Unless the words "I will get out of Iraq at the earliest possible second if I'm president" come out of his mouth, I don't think he will be elected. So no, the Republican field doesn't scare me much.

aint nobody going to vote for a pull out. That would be muy malo. This election should be sure thing for the Democrats but they as usual are running candidates that are so horrible that the Repubs will probably win again.

Running Hilary or Obama is not going to get them in the WH. With Hilary every Repub and Conservative will show up in force at the election. I think a vast majority of Democrats will vote against her as well. Obama who I have nothing against other than he leans to the liberal left, and I don't think he can win.

OklahomaTuba
6/13/2007, 05:28 PM
I hope that retreat becomes a main plank in the dims campaign. It will just hand the whitehouse over to Rudy or whomever.

All one has to do is look at the top dims approval ratings. They are HALF of Bush's!!!

soonerscuba
6/13/2007, 05:38 PM
aint nobody going to vote for a pull out. That would be muy malo. This election should be sure thing for the Democrats but they as usual are running candidates that are so horrible that the Repubs will probably win again.

Running Hilary or Obama is not going to get them in the WH. With Hilary every Repub and Conservative will show up in force at the election. I think a vast majority of Democrats will vote against her as well. Obama who I have nothing against other than he leans to the liberal left, and I don't think he can win.

I disagree based on math. It's no stretch to say that Clinton or Obama can win every state John Kerry did, all they need to do is pick up Ohio and/or Florida, and two more years of an already unpopular war might end up sinking the Republicans, you can thank the litany of excuses and rosy projections on Iraq by the current administration for your future losses. I really believe that if the Bush admin came out and said it would be hard, expensive, and a long campaign, they would be on better political ground right now.

usmc-sooner
6/13/2007, 05:57 PM
I disagree based on math. It's no stretch to say that Clinton or Obama can win every state John Kerry did, all they need to do is pick up Ohio and/or Florida, and two more years of an already unpopular war might end up sinking the Republicans, you can thank the litany of excuses and rosy projections on Iraq by the current administration for your future losses. I really believe that if the Bush admin came out and said it would be hard, expensive, and a long campaign, they would be on better political ground right now.

But that is exactly what the Bush Admin has said from day one. I don't think Clinton or Obama can win every state Kerry did. I'd say Obama has a better shot (maybe it's because I like him better than Hillary) but there are a lot of Dem's who don't care for Hillary. There are a lot of men who will not vote for a women. There's probably a lot of people who won't vote for a black man either. I don't think either of them is in the same spot that Kerry was, and I'd vote for Obama over Kerry.

Dio
6/13/2007, 06:03 PM
With Hilary every Repub and Conservative will show up in force at the election.

Unless the Pubs nominate Rudy " I (heart) socialized abortion" Guliani, in which case another Clinton gets elected because the right is split

JohnnyMack
6/13/2007, 07:00 PM
Rudy is as polarizing to the right as Hillary is to the left.

Neither one of them will get through.

Harry Beanbag
6/13/2007, 09:59 PM
I'm wondering why folks so want this guy to lead our country knowing that he has never managed nor led any group of people...ever.

Since when does that matter? It's a beauty contest isn't it?

usmc-sooner
6/13/2007, 10:10 PM
I'm wondering why folks so want this guy to lead our country knowing that he has never managed nor led any group of people...ever.

well you could always vote for Hillary or Obama to lead our country

do you have their resume?

KABOOKIE
6/13/2007, 10:36 PM
well you could always vote for Hillary or Obama to lead our country

do you have their resume?

Heh.

jk the sooner fan
6/13/2007, 10:38 PM
wait, am i supposed to believe that Ronnie Reagan wasnt a conservative?

royalfan5
6/13/2007, 10:49 PM
Will he balanced the damn budget and support trade? That's what I am concerned about. As long as he has a quality staff, I am not worried about managerial inexperience if he wins.

def_lazer_fc
6/13/2007, 11:51 PM
cant stand hillary. obama i like. rudy will crash and burn once people really find out what he's all about come primary season. and i can't wait. that dude is a tool. same with mitt. and nothing against mormons, but their beliefs have got to be the weirdest of any religion, except for scientology of course. mccain will crash and burn too. the straight talk express isn't so straight anymore, with him pandering to the very same far right people he criticized in the last election. i really do see thompson, fred not tommy, coming out of the republican field.

King Crimson
6/14/2007, 12:46 AM
rOLAND THE HEADLESS thOMPSON GUNNER@!