PDA

View Full Version : Online banking

Norm In Norman
6/13/2007, 10:22 AM
Right now I use Arvest. Due to some problems getting a replacement debit card, they've ****ed me off for the last time so I'm going to change banks. The only thing is that Arvest's online banking is quite good. Anyone particularly like their bank's online bill pay?

The best thing about Arvest's is I can set it up to pay on a specific date and it takes care of everything else. For example, if I set it up to pay something on July 1 it does the ACH withdrawal on that day if it can OR it sends a check 5 or so days earlier if it needs to send the check so it will get there in time. And the funds don't get removed until the due date I set up (or at least as far as I've seen they haven't). And they guarantee they will be on time or they will take care of any late fees, which I've used once before.

Do you guys have anything that is similar or better? TFCU seems to sort of suck from what I've seen, as does Oklahoma's credit union. At work I deal with BOA and BOK and I doubt I'd trust them with my money, although they might be a good option. I basically just don't want any hassles and want good online banking. It seems like that shouldn't be a problem.

Mjcpr
6/13/2007, 10:25 AM
I think they all will pretty much do that recurring payment thing, Norm.

Unless it has changed in the last year, BOK's wasn't that impressive to me. I personally use Chase and BOK and I've been perfectly happy with each. I've been using Chase/Bank One/Liberty for many, many years now.

Hamhock
6/13/2007, 10:26 AM
i use spirit bank online and like it.

Viking Kitten
6/13/2007, 10:26 AM
Norm, did you know Arvest was owned by one of Sam Walton's kids before you started banking there? Yep... it's the First National Bank of Wal Mart. And that's where Norm's been banking.

HA HA.

Norm In Norman
6/13/2007, 10:29 AM
I think they all will pretty much do that recurring payment thing, Norm.

Unless it has changed in the last year, BOK's wasn't that impressive to me. I personally us Chase and BOK and I've been perfectly happy with each. I've been using Chase/Bank One/Libert for many, many years now.
Well, reoccurring payments is fine, but I've got about 3 or 4 payments where it changes every month so it can't be reoccurring. I like to say "Pay this on July 1" and not have to worry about when it gets sent or when the funds get removed from my account. Well, I don't literally say that.

yermom
6/13/2007, 10:32 AM
Norm, did you know Arvest was owned by one of Sam Walton's kids before you started banking there? Yep... it's the First National Bank of Wal Mart. And that's where Norm's been banking.

HA HA.

that explains the problems ;)

i use BofA and haven't had any problems, i think the free account might not have all the same features, but it may have caught up somewhat

i have some premium account for free since my mortgage is through them, but i can schedule payments like that, i think

their hours succ though, if i need to go to a branch for some reason i still use my Arvest account

Frozen Sooner
6/13/2007, 10:37 AM
Our online bill pay vendor is really good-check around to local credit unions and find out if they use ORCC as their payment vendor. Their interface rules and is super-easy to set up exactly how you like it. It'll also let you choose between recurring, one-time, or repeating manual payments.

C&CDean
On-line banking is for nimrods and no-accounts who can't manage their own damn money. When I pay my bills on July 1st, I know they're paid, and for how much. I also know how much I've got left in checking. I ain't giving up control of my funds to a bank. It's bad enough that they get to hold and make $$ on my deposits.

Norm In Norman

HA HA.
Yeah, I am aware. That's why I keep getting screwed over by them. I banked with Security for years and loved them. Then they got bought by arvest and I've had too many things go wrong since then.

For instance, one time I looked on my bank statement and I had two charges for something like 49.62 from Albertson's in the same day. One was a check and one was a "debit". Now explain to me how I could have went into Albertson's and came up with the same exact charge twice? So I called the bank and they said it was impossible that they could have made a mistake and that I'd have to get Albertson's to tell them there was only one charge. I called Albertson's and they said they would be glad to pull the signed receipt out upon a search warrant from the police. So I got screwed out of about $50. During the security days that wouldn't have happened because my business was important to them.

Mjcpr
6/13/2007, 10:38 AM
Well, reoccurring payments is fine, but I've got about 3 or 4 payments where it changes every month so it can't be reoccurring. I like to say "Pay this on July 1" and not have to worry about when it gets sent or when the funds get removed from my account. Well, I don't literally say that.

I see....they do that as well.

yermom
6/13/2007, 10:40 AM
On-line banking is for nimrods and no-accounts who can't manage their own damn money. When I pay my bills on July 1st, I know they're paid, and for how much. I also know how much I've got left in checking. I ain't giving up control of my funds to a bank. It's bad enough that they get to hold and make $$ on my deposits.

like i want to trust my payments with Newman

http://heehawmarketing.typepad.com/hee_haw_marketing/images/newman.jpg

Frozen Sooner
6/13/2007, 10:50 AM
Funny. My experience has been that the people who manage their money well typically use online bill payments so they can know exactly when their creditor gets paid. People who want to "float" or can't afford to pay their bills on time typically don't like bill payer service.

But YMMV.

Soonrboy
6/13/2007, 10:52 AM
we use republic bank, norm. have had no problems with their online banking stuff.

Mjcpr
6/13/2007, 10:57 AM
Well then you do it your way Mr. Happy, I'll do it mine. However, you've got time to type your woes on this board, so you've got time to write checks. And tell me, how many times have your bills not shown up at your house? That's what I thought, never. You're just still under the influence of those bitter pills you took.

Welcome Back, Norm!!

:)

Hamhock
6/13/2007, 11:05 AM
Funny. My experience has been that the people who manage their money well typically use online bill payments so they can know exactly when their creditor gets paid. People who want to "float" or can't afford to pay their bills on time typically don't like bill payer service.

But YMMV.

ditto. i sit down once a month and tell the bank when i want the bill to be paid. if i mailed everything on July 1st, i'd be paying bills that aren't due for 3weeks. plus, it saves me the cost of the stamp.

also, my experience is that most people who manage their money well and everyone I know that has harvested a bobcat with a bow uses online bill pay.

Viking Kitten
6/13/2007, 11:07 AM
Hey Pat... you egg Norm on and I'll egg Dean on. I want to see an all out, balls out, good ol' fashioned admin fight today. I'll go first.

I'll tell you Dean... these kids today with their new-fangled ways and their online banking and their debit cards. Spoiled and weak! That's what they are!

Mjcpr
6/13/2007, 11:09 AM
Norm, have you ever considered having all your bills emailed to you and THEN pay them online? That way, you can pretty much tell the USPS to suck it entirely. I don't mean to suck IT entirely, but rather to entirely suck it. Or whatever.

Viking Kitten
6/13/2007, 11:12 AM
Dean, did you know that the increasing number of people who are handling their accounts electronically is part of what's causing the postal service to raise its rates! What impact might even further cost-reduction measures have on you???

Scott D
6/13/2007, 11:17 AM
I mostly use online banking to check automatic withdraws and my balance.

Then again I also use a Credit Union, and unlike a bank, I tend to trust them.

TheUnnamedSooner
6/13/2007, 11:20 AM
BOK has a demo for their online, so you can try it out to see if you like it...

http://www.bok.com/OnlineBankingDemo/login.asp

Norm In Norman
6/13/2007, 11:21 AM
BOK has a demo for their online, so you can try it out to see if you like it...

http://www.bok.com/OnlineBankingDemo/login.asp
Thanks. i'm gonna check that out.

jk the sooner fan
6/13/2007, 11:23 AM
i use wells fargo and chase.....and i havent mailed a bill thru the USPS in ages

i dont think wells fargo is big up in OK however, but they're online stuff is great

C&CDean
6/13/2007, 11:24 AM
..and i havent mailed a bill thru the USPS in ages

I rest my case Norm.

BajaOklahoma
6/13/2007, 11:42 AM
We've used the automatic bill paying and automatic paycheck deposit for years. We also have Wells Fargo, who used to be in OK (which is why we decided to use them). We've never had an issue with them or whoever they were before Wells Fargo bought them out.
Lil Baja uses Chase in Norman - because we can also access it from here to deposit her living expenses. She likes being able to see that the money is there before she pays the bills. I know she has a checkbook, but I think her only checks are to the apt.

And getting the bills sent to our email was fine until one of the cable internet takeovers. Since they forward our email for awhile, Mr. Baja forgot to change the email address on the Verizon account. It was an automatic draft, so they got paid. But we never got our bills!! And Mr Baja didn't realize it for so long that we couldn't remember what email address we were using.

Norm, the kids are getting cuter by the minute. I'm glad they take after Mrs. Norm too.

Hamhock
6/13/2007, 12:27 PM
i'm sure the USPS wont miss my .41 stamp

i pay a flat fee and know for certain that not only does my payment actually get there, it gets there on time

my online banking and online bill pay is free. i save the cost of the envelope, stamp, ink, saliva, etc. AND get reliable service.

Mjcpr
6/13/2007, 12:28 PM
my online banking and online bill pay is free. i save the cost of the envelope, stamp, ink, saliva, etc. AND get reliable service.

Mine too.

Hamhock
6/13/2007, 12:32 PM
i pay zero banking fees. i use online bill pay as much as i can. my goal is to make the bank pay for stamps as often as possible in hopes that the big boys in the board room get their mercedes repossessed.

Mjcpr
6/13/2007, 12:33 PM
i pay zero banking fees.

Me too.

Hamhock
6/13/2007, 12:35 PM
i've harvested a bobcat with a bow.

OCUDad
6/13/2007, 12:35 PM
my online banking and online bill pay is free. i save the cost of the envelope, stamp, ink, saliva, etc. AND get reliable service.What's the cost of saliva these days?

Mjcpr
6/13/2007, 12:38 PM
i've harvested a bobcat with a bow.

I know.

Hamhock
6/13/2007, 12:38 PM
What's the cost of saliva these days?

you'd be surprised what people are willing to pay for some of mine. :texan:

Hamhock
6/13/2007, 12:39 PM
I know.

have you seen the picture?

RacerX
6/13/2007, 12:56 PM
I don't use TFCU to pay my bills. I use the vendor's website.

I guess I don't understand Norm's pain....thank you God.

jk the sooner fan
6/13/2007, 01:13 PM
I use the vendor's website.

i do this quite a bit as well - just makes it easier.

Vaevictis
6/13/2007, 06:35 PM
The best thing about Arvest's is I can set it up to pay on a specific date and it takes care of everything else. For example, if I set it up to pay something on July 1 it does the ACH withdrawal on that day if it can OR it sends a check 5 or so days earlier if it needs to send the check so it will get there in time. And the funds don't get removed until the due date I set up (or at least as far as I've seen they haven't). And they guarantee they will be on time or they will take care of any late fees, which I've used once before.

Do you guys have anything that is similar or better?

Norm, if you're eligible for USAA, you might look into them.

I use them for banking, and they do the scheduled payments, recurring scheduled payments, etc. I don't know about the guarantee/late fee thing, but I've never had a problem with them delivering anything late.

Another nice thing is that you have two ways of arranging for deposits:
1. They'll send you postage paid envelopes, and you can just drop it in the mail with a deposit slip.
2. If you have a supported scanner, you can scan your checks directly in and they'll accept the deposit that way.

From what you're saying, you might not want to do #1, but #2 is pretty nice. Just make sure you have a supported scanner. I was saddened when I found that mine wasn't.

1stTimeCaller
6/13/2007, 08:47 PM
I have online banking and it's free.

It's awesome, I'm awesome, let's have a beer.

soonerboomer93
6/13/2007, 08:52 PM
I don't use it. I pay through the websites, except insurance which is auto paid.

I just use it to check my balances.

Stoop Dawg
6/14/2007, 01:25 AM
As for online banking, I've used BOK, BOA, and now Chase. The BOK UI was a litlte "clunky", but the service seemed fine. I've not had problems with BOA or Chase either. However, I usually schedule payments to "get there" about 3 days in advance, so I can't tell you how reliable they are with dates. Also, AFAIK all of the big banks are taking the money out of your account when they initiate the transfer (or print the check), not when the recipient's bank requests it (like a paper check). While I'm not a big fan of this practice, if that's what keeps online banking free then I'm okay with it.

SleestakSooner
6/14/2007, 01:43 AM
Norm, I have been with BancFirst for years now after leaving Arvest. It takes a few days to get set up with their online banking services but they have always been reliable and easy to use. Also they have branches throughout the state and are an Oklahoma owned bank. I like how they are very personable and you are able to talk directly with each branch manager w/o an appointment and no run-around. They have even been willing to drop certain fees when I asked nicely. :)

Norm In Norman
6/14/2007, 01:18 PM
Coincidentally, yesterday both mine and my wife's debit cards were working intermittently. Then the ATM ate her card at about 8:30 last night. So this change is going to happen pretty soon. Thanks for your input guys and keep the comments coming. I may look at Bancfirst today and possibly BOK.

Mjcpr
6/14/2007, 01:22 PM
Neither of those I suggested. :)

Here are a couple of other demos:

Chase Demo (http://demo.chase.com/presents/preview/AccountsOverview.html)

BofA Demo (Right under the Online Banking heading in the upper left corner) (https://www.bankofamerica.com/index.jsp)

Hamhock
6/14/2007, 01:22 PM
i really like the bancfirst tv commercials.

colleyvillesooner
6/14/2007, 01:24 PM
Norm, if you're eligible for USAA, you might look into them.

I use them for banking, and they do the scheduled payments, recurring scheduled payments, etc. I don't know about the guarantee/late fee thing, but I've never had a problem with them delivering anything late.

Another nice thing is that you have two ways of arranging for deposits:
1. They'll send you postage paid envelopes, and you can just drop it in the mail with a deposit slip.
2. If you have a supported scanner, you can scan your checks directly in and they'll accept the deposit that way.

From what you're saying, you might not want to do #1, but #2 is pretty nice. Just make sure you have a supported scanner. I was saddened when I found that mine wasn't.

Only thing that kept me from going with them was no good way to deposit cash.

Norm In Norman
6/14/2007, 01:46 PM
Neither of those I suggested. :)

Here are a couple of other demos:

Chase Demo (http://demo.chase.com/presents/preview/AccountsOverview.html)

BofA Demo (Right under the Online Banking heading in the upper left corner) (https://www.bankofamerica.com/index.jsp)
That chase one seems pretty similar to the Arvest one. And so does the BOA one. Boy, I've got a lot of options and no clue how to decide. Those two do exactly what I'm wanting though. I guess I need to see which ones are closest to me and go from there.

Mjcpr
6/14/2007, 01:49 PM
I'm pretty sure they're both free as well. I know Chase is.

Hamhock
6/14/2007, 01:59 PM
Only thing that kept me from going with them was no good way to deposit cash.

just fill out a deposit slip and use the USPS to mail the cash to the bank. :texan:

Norm In Norman
6/14/2007, 02:30 PM
Chase doesn't look right in firefox but looks fine in IE. Can anyone verify this for me?

C&CDean
6/14/2007, 02:33 PM
Judas H. Priest buying a book of 1 cent stamps, pick some bank and go for it. It's gonna turn to **** no matter who you choose cause that's how your life is. Why are you creating all this additional stress on yourself?

Oh yeah, mail early, and mail often.

Hamhock
6/14/2007, 02:35 PM
Judas H. Priest buying a book of 1 cent stamps, pick some bank and go for it. It's gonna turn to **** no matter who you choose cause that's how your life is. Why are you creating all this additional stress on yourself?

Oh yeah, mail early, and mail often.

what can you mail with a 1 cent stamp?

C&CDean
6/14/2007, 02:36 PM
what can you mail with a 1 cent stamp?

A 40 cent stamp.

Mjcpr
6/14/2007, 02:39 PM
Chase doesn't look right in firefox but looks fine in IE. Can anyone verify this for me?

I use it with Firefox all the time and it works fine. Maybe it's just the demo??

Norm In Norman
6/14/2007, 02:48 PM
I use it with Firefox all the time and it works fine. Maybe it's just the demo??
Maybe so. Here is what it looks like:

http://lh3.google.com/image/nsmelton/RnGbDIdZ1uI/AAAAAAAAAiE/RVgdp4506O0/s800/weird.jpg

Mjcpr
6/14/2007, 02:49 PM
It does that on mine too.....it's just the demo.

RacerX
6/14/2007, 02:51 PM
Normando, I don't use chase for banking, but I have no issues using their site for my mortgage, with firefox.

jk the sooner fan
6/14/2007, 02:52 PM
Normando, I don't use chase for banking, but I have no issues using their site for my mortgage, with firefox.

ditto

and my car lease as well

colleyvillesooner
6/14/2007, 03:26 PM
just fill out a deposit slip and use the USPS to mail the cash to the bank. :texan:

Yeah, but I meant if you needed it to post that night.

Mjcpr
6/14/2007, 03:48 PM
Yeah, but I meant if you needed it to post that night.

In that case you would definitely want to use FedEx or UPS.

colleyvillesooner
6/14/2007, 03:58 PM
ZING!

SleestakSooner
6/14/2007, 10:20 PM
We sent my brother that just wrecked his semi and lost his pinky a get well card. He still hasn't received it! Dean, if you hear a musical greeting card playing "On the Road Again" while making your rounds kick that thieving USPS workers *** and get my brother's card to him!

critical_phil
6/14/2007, 11:59 PM
i have three bank accounts. First Fidelity, Chase, and MetLife Bank. i use online bill pay/transfers w/ all, and i've never had a problem with any of them.

chase is my primary checking account. one feature i like from chase is that you can export all the data into M$ Money or Quicken. i still keep a separate ledger in M$ Money (for tax purposes). exporting the data keeps that reconciled automatically. the only down side to dealing with chase is that their customer service blows - which makes me more than happy to do everything online.

and if you people don't have the IE tab extension yet...get it:

https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/1419?id=1419

Soonerus
6/15/2007, 12:09 AM
If you have multiple businesses then online banking is the best thing since sliced bread...especially if you want to be in total control of the money like me...

yermom
6/15/2007, 12:10 AM
i've come to the conclusion that basically all customer service succs

Soonerus
6/15/2007, 12:13 AM
I get great service...the banks do basically whatever I want...

critical_phil
6/15/2007, 12:16 AM
BRUUUUUUCE!!!!11!

Soonerus
6/15/2007, 12:24 AM
Without online banking , I would be a total wreck...

Frozen Sooner
6/15/2007, 12:25 AM
I get great service...the banks do basically whatever I want...

Most of the time I notice that the people who bitch about customer service are the ones who have completely unreasonable expectations.

For example, I've gotten complaints about bad member service because someone called my line multiple times on a Sunday and I had the audacity to not answer it. You know, on a day I wasn't actually working, which was clearly stated on the voice mail.

I've gotten complaints because I turned someone's loan request down when they were two payments past due to another creditor. On their mortgage.

I've gotten complaints about bad customer service because I told someone that it really isn't our responsibility to make sure they knew that just because they had more checks left it didn't mean they still had money in their account.

Sounds like you've got realistic expectations.

Soonerus
6/15/2007, 12:30 AM
Most of the time I notice that the people who bitch about customer service are the ones who have completely unreasonable expectations.

For example, I've gotten complaints about bad member service because someone called my line multiple times on a Sunday and I had the audacity to not answer it. You know, on a day I wasn't actually working, which was clearly stated on the voice mail.

I've gotten complaints because I turned someone's loan request down when they were two payments past due to another creditor. On their mortgage.

I've gotten complaints about bad customer service because I told someone that it really isn't our responsibility to make sure they knew that just because they had more checks left it didn't mean they still had money in their account.

Sounds like you've got realistic expectations.

I tell my bank I have consolidated my accounts with them and if they do not recognize the significance of my banking deposits I will go to another bank that is actively seeking my buisness...soon thereafter I reveive the banks best rates....

critical_phil
6/15/2007, 12:41 AM
Most of the time I notice that the people who bitch about customer service are the ones who have completely unreasonable expectations..
i'll give you a few specifics:

1. debit card is worn out. i call 1800BANKONE. i asked how to get a new one. they said it would be 7-10 days. i asked if my current card would still work in the interim, and they said it would. as soon as i got off of the phone with them, my debit card no longer worked. i call back in to customer service, press 1 for english, 3 for this, #7*3 for that, hold, and then i'm told that i was given bogus info and to wait for the new card. new card arrives, but won't work.i call back in to customer service, press 1 for english, 3 for this, #7*3 for that, hold, and then i'm told that i was given bogus info and to wait for the new password - which arrives about a week later in a separate envelope.

2. see #1, because the exact same thing happened again, only this time i was assured that the old debit card would not be shut off.

3. using the drive-thru is a pain in the ***, unless you have a commercial account. if not, you get to sit and watch them service all of the commercial accounts while you wait in line.

4. to avoid #3, i understand that you're free to use the ATM for many banking needs. well since they installed the new ATM machines, i almost refuse to use them because:

a) i don't drive my Gravedigger monster truck on a daily basis. i have to physically get out of my car to use the ATM machine. if that weren't bad enough:

b) i don't need to press an extra button to tell you i speak english, and

c) yes, i want a goddamned receipt for this, and every, transaction where i'm depositing/withdrawing my money. don't ask, just give me one. i'll decide later if i really needed it or not.

5. i don't need LaQuisha from Hackensack trying to explain Chase's ****-ups by attempting to define "simple interest" for me. i've got a grip on that, just tell me where my $4.52 is.

i could go on and on.....

yermom
6/15/2007, 12:58 AM

that was more of an indictment of where customer service in general seems to be going

to be fair, i'm pretty happy with the service i get from Arvest, but i don't generally need much from them

i mainly started using BofA because of the free online billpay and the transfers that they let you do online between accounts, but this was when Arvest was charging for their billpay stuff

Arvest has teh kickass hours and is between my house and office, so i generally go there for stuff. if the BofA website didn't kickass, i'd never use them since they close at like 4:30 or some crap

i also almost never use a debit card, so that helps a lot of the other problems...

Frozen Sooner
6/15/2007, 01:00 AM

1. debit card is worn out. i call 1800BANKONE. i asked how to get a new one. they said it would be 7-10 days. i asked if my current card would still work in the interim, and they said it would. as soon as i got off of the phone with them, my debit card no longer worked. i call back in to customer service, press 1 for english, 3 for this, #7*3 for that, hold, and then i'm told that i was given bogus info and to wait for the new card. new card arrives, but won't work.i call back in to customer service, press 1 for english, 3 for this, #7*3 for that, hold, and then i'm told that i was given bogus info and to wait for the new password - which arrives about a week later in a separate envelope.

2. see #1, because the exact same thing happened again, only this time i was assured that the old debit card would not be shut off.

3. using the drive-thru is a pain in the ***, unless you have a commercial account. if not, you get to sit and watch them service all of the commercial accounts while you wait in line.

4. to avoid #3, i understand that you're free to use the ATM for many banking needs. well since they installed the new ATM machines, i almost refuse to use them because:

a) i don't drive my Gravedigger monster truck on a daily basis. i have to physically get out of my car to use the ATM machine. if that weren't bad enough:

c) yes, i want a goddamned receipt for this, and every, transaction where i'm depositing/withdrawing my money. don't ask, just give me one. i'll decide later if i really needed it or not.

5. i don't need LaQuisha from Hackensack trying to explain Chase's ****-ups by attempting to define "simple interest" for me. i've got a grip on that, just tell me where my $4.52 is.

Whoa, brother, I wasn't talking about you...

1 and 2 are certainly reasonable gripes and something I would be ****ed about.

3...well, commercial accounts don't get to use the driveup anywhere I've ever worked. Commercial accounts either used night deposit service or went inside. At the very least, you'd think they'd set up a commercial deposits lane. However, you can't really blame your bank for helping people in the order in which they showed up and making sure they give good service to everyone in their turn, right?

4 a)OK. That's the first time I've heard anyone ever make that complaint, but as a guy with short arms I feel your pain every time I go to a parking garage.
b) I fail to see this as any kind of major inconvenience.
c) Again, I fail to see this as an inconvenience. Many people (myself included) don't want the receipt because they don't want little scraps of paper floating around with details of your transactions. You're actually ****ed off that they're giving you a choice? Seriously?
5. In LaQuisha's defense, trust me, she's had her head chewed off by people who don't understand how simple interest works pretty much every day of her career. Now, I'm sure you do, and she definitely should have listened to your problem to make sure that your missing $4.52 was actually the result of interest calculations.

critical_phil
6/15/2007, 01:08 AM
whether my gripes are legit are not isn't the point. i understand that a couple of those may seem insignificant. the big picture is that banking ain't what it used to be.

oh, and yes. seriously. i want a freaking receipt for my transaction at the ATM. if you are ever in the situation where you need to prove you used the ATM for a deposit, you'll understand why. the other part of that gripe is the fact that i now have to go through 3 menu screens to enter my password AT THE ATM THAT I CAN'T EVEN REACH BECAUSE I DON'T OWN A $43,000 YUKON.

yermom
6/15/2007, 01:09 AM
is my Subaru that much bigger than a Volvo, Alligator Arms?

critical_phil
6/15/2007, 01:14 AM
i swear to you. when they installed the new ATM, the screen is about 2 feet higher than it used to be. it'd be perfect if i were Scott D - but, alas, i'm not.

Frozen Sooner
6/15/2007, 01:23 AM
whether my gripes are legit are not isn't the point. i understand that a couple of those may seem insignificant. the big picture is that banking ain't what it used to be.

oh, and yes. seriously. i want a freaking receipt for my transaction at the ATM. if you are ever in the situation where you need to prove you used the ATM for a deposit, you'll understand why.

Awesome. You have the option to get one. Though the receipt doesn't actually prove anything other than that you hit some buttons.

the other part of that gripe is the fact that i now have to go through 3 menu screens to enter my password AT THE ATM THAT I CAN'T EVEN REACH BECAUSE I DON'T OWN A $43,000 YUKON.

The not being able to reach the thing I can understand, like I said. However, with our low rates, not owning a Yukon is your own fault. ;) The three screens to help customize the experience for everyone? I just don't see why that's an issue-sure, it'd be faster for you if everything was set up the way you want it, but trust me-we DO have members who speak Spanish as their first language and don't want a receipt for when they pull $20 out of their account.

yermom
6/15/2007, 01:57 AM
Awesome. You have the option to get one. Though the receipt doesn't actually prove anything other than that you hit some buttons.

so much for my idea of depositing a jillion Dollars :mad:

Mjcpr
6/15/2007, 09:09 AM
I tell my bank I have consolidated my accounts with them and if they do not recognize the significance of my banking deposits I will go to another bank that is actively seeking my buisness...soon thereafter I reveive the banks best rates....

:rolleyes:

Hamhock
6/15/2007, 09:39 AM

i just carry around a picture of the bobcat i harvested. with a bow.

i don't even pay interest.

Spray
6/15/2007, 10:07 AM
Ditto the thoughts on Wells Fargo- opened an account there when we lived in Minneapolis and loved it. Online banking was a breeze. I actually kept that account for almost two years (up until about a month ago) here in Alabama even though there isn't a branch within a thousand miles- the online stuff was that easy.

Also, I give their customer service a B to B+ depending on my mood.

Stoop Dawg
6/15/2007, 05:09 PM
Cool, so it's gone from a USPS complaint thread to a bank complaint thread. I've got a couple of those too:

I opened a new business account a few months back. When I made the first deposit I expected them to put a hold on the deposit. If there was going to be a hold, I wanted some of it in cash. Of course, the computers run the entire operation and all employees are subject to the whims of the computer. They can't tell me whether there will be a hold until they actually make the deposit. There's just no way to know until the computer tells them. To my surprise, there is no hold. Hooray!

Next month I deposit another check, from the same payor and payor bank and very close to the same amount. There's a 10 day hold. WTF?

Frozen Sooner
6/15/2007, 05:21 PM
Cool, so it's gone from a USPS complaint thread to a bank complaint thread. I've got a couple of those too:

I opened a new business account a few months back. When I made the first deposit I expected them to put a hold on the deposit. If there was going to be a hold, I wanted some of it in cash. Of course, the computers run the entire operation and all employees are subject to the whims of the computer. They can't tell me whether there will be a hold until they actually make the deposit. There's just no way to know until the computer tells them. To my surprise, there is no hold. Hooray!

Next month I deposit another check, from the same payor and payor bank and very close to the same amount. There's a 10 day hold. WTF?

Well, with your record of non-sufficient fund activity over that month, are you really surprised everything is getting a 10-day hold?

Stoop Dawg
6/15/2007, 05:28 PM
Pfft. We all know the banks LOVE NSF fees. They keep sending me free checks with little notes that say "Don't worry about your balance, just keep writing checks".

Scott D
6/15/2007, 05:31 PM

This is why I won't use a muh****in' bank.

Credit Unions all the way beyonces!