PDA

View Full Version : Dale Earnhardt Jr. to announce new team tomorrow

royalfan5
6/12/2007, 01:13 PM
11:00 AM Eastern Time Press Conference scheduled at his shop.

Ginn, and Gibbs have have said they are not involved, Richard Childress is out of the Country, and Hendrick has no comment. If Jr. goes to Hendrick, you will hear heads exploding all over the South.

The Charlotte Newspaper is reporting the Junior will drive the 5 car for Hendrick and Kyle Busch will be a free agent.

Osce0la
6/12/2007, 01:32 PM
Dale Jr. is expected to announce his plans for 2008 and beyond tomorrow at 10.

http://msn.foxsports.com/nascar/story/6914572

royalfan5
6/12/2007, 01:41 PM
He'll be in the 5 for Hendrick next year. Book it.

toast
6/12/2007, 01:44 PM
is he running for president too?

JohnnyMack
6/12/2007, 01:45 PM
Gonna be a hell of a team.

Fugue
6/12/2007, 01:47 PM
[QUOTE=Osce0la]Dale Jr. is expected to announce his plans for 2008 and beyond tomorrow at 10.[QUOTE]

win a race again? :texan:

GrapevineSooner
6/12/2007, 03:11 PM
Somewhere, Jack Roush's head is one of those exploding.

So are we going to call it the Junior, Jeffy, and Jimmie show at HMS?

GrapevineSooner
6/12/2007, 03:15 PM
In other news, Terry Labonte's coming out of retirement to drive the 55 for MWR at Sonoma and Watkins Glen.

KC//CRIMSON
6/12/2007, 05:25 PM
I wonder how many hillbillies in Talladega just schitz their pants.

starrca23
6/12/2007, 05:37 PM
I am a Junior fan. I hope he is at a team where he can compete for titles.

Rogue
6/12/2007, 08:17 PM
Oh, he will be. It's Hendrick.

Blue
6/13/2007, 12:26 AM
Where does Kyle go? A FAR MORE TALENTED DRIVER, IMO. Gibbs or Penske w/ big brother?

LoyalFan
6/13/2007, 07:29 AM
In all truth, Paris H. disgusts me and I regard NASCARians pretty much as Bill Callahan regards Sooners, this in spite of Jeff Gordon and the fact that some NASCARenes are well-educated.
Actually, it's not so much the drivers but the majority of NASCAR fans who evoke memories of "Deliverance".

"Think we'uns'll see a bloody and fiery wreck today, Uncle Jake?"
"Hope so, Opie. Did ah ever tell yew that yew got a purdy mouf? Let's us go back to the camper."

LF

Sooner in Tampa
6/13/2007, 07:43 AM
HMS will now be the best team in NASCAR hands down!! They have 3 legitmate condtenders to win the championship.

OKLA21FAN
6/13/2007, 07:56 AM
I wonder how many hillbillies in Talladega just schitz their pants.

for JR fans, this is as bad as 'Lukes Daddy' joining the dark side of the force

royalfan5
6/13/2007, 08:32 AM
Where does Kyle go? A FAR MORE TALENTED DRIVER, IMO. Gibbs or Penske w/ big brother?
Ginn or DEI. Talent is only good if you don't wad up cars all the time, and aren't a general jackass.

OKLA21FAN
6/13/2007, 08:38 AM

the wild card maybe Evernham

but i would think Ginn would have the inside track

Osce0la
6/13/2007, 09:37 AM
HMS will now be the best team in NASCAR hands down!! They have 3 legitmate condtenders to win the championship.
I wouldn't call Jr. a legitimate contender just yet. I'll wait and see if he takes advantage of the opportunities he has at HMS before making my judgements. He will have everything in place to be a contender, and, IMO, this will show whether it is DEI or Dale Jr. that is responsible for him not winning races. Truex Jr. has more wins that Dale Jr. this season...

royalfan5
6/13/2007, 09:56 AM
I think the thing that would send this really over the top if they announced that Jr. and Gordon were swapping sponsors too.

Sooner in Tampa
6/13/2007, 09:57 AM
I wouldn't call Jr. a legitimate contender just yet. I'll wait and see if he takes advantage of the opportunities he has at HMS before making my judgements. He will have everything in place to be a contender, and, IMO, this will show whether it is DEI or Dale Jr. that is responsible for him not winning races. Truex Jr. has more wins that Dale Jr. this season...You might be right...it is time to find out if Jr. can really drive or if he is just getting by on his last name.

royalfan5
6/13/2007, 10:01 AM
I wouldn't call Jr. a legitimate contender just yet. I'll wait and see if he takes advantage of the opportunities he has at HMS before making my judgements. He will have everything in place to be a contender, and, IMO, this will show whether it is DEI or Dale Jr. that is responsible for him not winning races. Truex Jr. has more wins that Dale Jr. this season...
I would hardly call a 1-0 lead running away. Jr. has won 17 races and a Busch title along with Top 10 finishes. I think it's fair to say he can race a little bit. Kerry is the Earnhardt who got rides based on his nam.

Osce0la
6/13/2007, 10:24 AM
I would hardly call a 1-0 lead running away. Jr. has won 17 races and a Busch title along with Top 10 finishes. I think it's fair to say he can race a little bit. Kerry is the Earnhardt who got rides based on his nam.
I'm not saying he is running away from him, but let's face it, Truex has more wins this season, and is in a higher points position than Earnhardt. I don't think that Truex is the better drive right now, but I don't think that all of Earnhardt's problems this season can be blamed on DEI when Truex is using the same equipment.

Oh, and other than a few appearances with RCR, Kerry hasn't really run in too many Nextel Cup races.

royalfan5
6/13/2007, 10:26 AM
I'm not saying he is running away from him, but let's face it, Truex has more wins this season, and is in a higher points position than Earnhardt. I don't think that Truex is the better drive right now, but I don't think that all of Earnhardt's problems this season can be blamed on DEI when Truex is using the same equipment.
I wouldn't get too excited about where we are at 15 races in. Kenseth made the chase from much further back than where Jr. is a few years ago. Plus, don't you think that DEI might be putting more effort into Truex's car now that he is staying?

Osce0la
6/13/2007, 10:26 AM
And it is official...Hendrick Motorsports backdrop behind Dale Junior during the presser (being held now)...

Osce0la
6/13/2007, 10:30 AM
I wouldn't get too excited about where we are at 15 races in. Kenseth made the chase from much further back than where Jr. is a few years ago. Plus, don't you think that DEI might be putting more effort into Truex's car now that he is staying?
I'm not saying Earnhardt can't make it in. He isn't that far out of 12th right now and has a very good chance at getting in. I would say he gets a pass next season while getting adjusted to a new team, but after 2008 he has no excuses to not start winning races...

And dear God, we just got an Iron Bowl reference in the Dale Jr. presser..."This announcement is like Bear Bryant's son saying he is going to coach at Auburn" :rolleyes:

royalfan5
6/13/2007, 10:31 AM
I'm not saying Earnhardt can't make it in. He isn't that far out of 12th right now and has a very good chance at getting in. I would say he gets a pass next season while getting adjusted to a new team, but after 2008 he has no excuses to not start winning races...

And dear God, we just got an Iron Bowl reference in the Dale Jr. presser..."This announcement is like Bear Bryant's son saying he is going to coach at Auburn" :rolleyes:
I'm still rooting for them to announce a Jr. and Gordon sponsor swap. That might cause folks to set the South on fire.

JohnnyMack
6/13/2007, 10:39 AM
All the 'necks are in the process of figuring out if they can get their 8 tattoo turned into a 5.

Osce0la
6/13/2007, 10:39 AM
Heh...I DO NOT want to see Dale Jr. driving the Dupont car. He said he isn't sure whether or not Budweiser will be going with him at this point. Says they haven't even talked about sponsorships yet.

Hopefully he can get something going for the rest of this season and, if nothing else, finish in the top 5 in points.

Osce0la
6/13/2007, 10:40 AM
All the 'necks are in the process of figuring out if they can get their 8 tattoo turned into a 5.
They aren't sure he'll be #5 yet, he is still discussing (with Theresa) taking the 8 with him.

I_SMELL_FEAR
6/13/2007, 02:45 PM
Didnt see this posted yet, although Im sure it probably is...

anyway, thoughts? I think its a great move. I wonder what will happen with the 8 and Bud sponsorship....

Okla-homey
6/13/2007, 02:47 PM
Didnt see this posted yet, although Im sure it probably is...

anyway, thoughts? I think its a great move. I wonder what will happen with the 8 and Bud sponsorship....

Does this even matter? After all, NASCAR fixes races so the one they want to win does so.

GrapevineSooner
6/13/2007, 03:42 PM
After all, NASCAR fixes races so the one they want to win does so.

You're kidding, right?

Scott D
6/13/2007, 03:51 PM
he's channeling Tony Stewart ;)

GrapevineSooner
6/13/2007, 03:54 PM
Or he's trying to suggest Nascar fixed Sunday's race.

Even though Greg Biffle stated on Inside Nextel Cup that it was pouring so hard down the backstretch that he couldn't see a thing and was praying the caution would come out. Ryan Newman even admitted it started raining pretty hard on the previous lap.

Scott D
6/13/2007, 03:56 PM
that wasn't rain, that was special effects from lucasfilm

Petro-Sooner
6/13/2007, 04:00 PM
Why is he leaving his old company? I dont follow nascar, just curious.

GrapevineSooner
6/13/2007, 04:02 PM
Cause all he wants to do is race, daddy. ;)

In all seriousness, it's because he's 32 and wants to win a championship now. However, his stepmom, Teresa Earnhardt, won't cede majority control of DEI over to him.

Obviously, starting up his own race team won't help him achieve that goal because he doesn't have the necessary resources. So he's doing the next best thing.

Joining the hottest race team in Nascar right now.

Petro-Sooner
6/13/2007, 04:04 PM
:confused: ok

colleyvillesooner
6/13/2007, 04:06 PM
Genius

GrapevineSooner
6/13/2007, 04:08 PM
:confused: ok

To put it another way, he wanted control of his father's company because he felt they weren't doing enough to give him a chance to win.

Stepmom said, "No."

Junior said, "Fine, I'll go to another team since my contract is up at the end of the year."

Petro-Sooner
6/13/2007, 04:15 PM
Whata bitch.

phead903
6/13/2007, 07:21 PM
I'm not a NASCAR fan at all, and don't know a loto about it, but the company I work for is a sponsor of Kevin Harvick (Richard Childress Racing) and all the gearheads at our office were REALLY hoping that Jr would come drive for RCR.

Okla-homey
6/13/2007, 07:59 PM
Or he's trying to suggest Nascar fixed Sunday's race.

Even though Greg Biffle stated on Inside Nextel Cup that it was pouring so hard down the backstretch that he couldn't see a thing and was praying the caution would come out. Ryan Newman even admitted it started raining pretty hard on the previous lap.

You guys believe what you want, but NASCAR is rigged. But don't let that spoil it for you. Go ahead and be fan. Heck, I sometimes watch the last few laps of big races myself for the crashes. But I challenge anyone to prove these outcomes are NOT decided in boardrooms instead of on the track. There is simply too much at stake to the industry to let the fastest guy win. Maybe not WWE-style outcome rigging, but it's rigged nonetheless.

royalfan5
6/13/2007, 08:05 PM
You guys believe what you want, but NASCAR is rigged. But don't let that spoil it for you. Go ahead and be fan. Heck, I sometimes watch the last few laps of big races myself for the crashes. But I challenge anyone to prove these outcomes are NOT decided in boardrooms instead of on the track. There is simply too much at stake to the industry to let the fastest guy win. Maybe not WWE-style outcome rigging, but it's rigged nonetheless.
Then explain Dale Jr. having no wins this year, and NASCAR not having Kyle Petty win at least one race in the car he races in memory of his son, and Matt Kenseth having a championship?

Scott D
6/13/2007, 08:05 PM
I've got irrefutable proof that Homey is the man behind the curtain in Nascar.

Okla-homey
6/13/2007, 08:11 PM
Then explain Dale Jr. having no wins this year, and NASCAR not having Kyle Petty win at least one race in the car he races in memory of his son, and Matt Kenseth having a championship?

Because Jeff Gordon is articulate, the ladies find him handsome and he is unlikely to embarass the "sport."

Scott D
6/13/2007, 08:12 PM
WHY DO YOU HATE THE SON OF THE KING!!!!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?

Okla-homey
6/13/2007, 08:15 PM
WHY DO YOU HATE THE SON OF THE KING!!!!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?

Because he's not much of a driver. They only let him win a few after his Dad bought it because it was good for gate and TV. Hillbillies really dig that "win one for Pops" stuff.

royalfan5
6/13/2007, 08:19 PM
Because he's not much of a driver. They only let him win a few after his Dad bought it because it was good for gate and TV. Hillbillies really dig that "win one for Pops" stuff.
I'll take exception to that. Kyle has been an above average driver for much of his career, but has driven substandard equipment the past decade. When testing for JGR in the 20 car, he ran faster laps than Stewart. He can drive, and is one of the most popular figures in the sport, especially given his charity work. Plus, Richard isn't dead. You do know that Dale Sr. isn't the King?

Scott D
6/13/2007, 08:21 PM

psst. Richard Petty isn't dead...he's very much alive.

Okla-homey
6/13/2007, 08:32 PM
Mea Culpa. So shoot me. I thought you were talking about the knucklehead who was the subject of this thread.

Scott D
6/13/2007, 08:33 PM
hows the hell did you survive in carolina and alabama without knowing that Richard Petty is The King...hell son, even I know that. :D

royalfan5
6/13/2007, 08:33 PM
Mea Culpa. So shoot me. I thought you were talking about the knucklehead who was the subject of this thread.
The Earnhardt brother that can't drive is Kerry. You would think if NASCAR was fixed that Kerry would be able to find steady work, especially since he looks just like his daddy, right down to the mustache.

Okla-homey
6/13/2007, 08:38 PM
hows the hell did you survive in carolina and alabama without knowing that Richard Petty is The King...hell son, even I know that. :D

Because I'm a college graduate. NASCAR fans in that neck-o-the-woods are almost universally not.;)

Scott D
6/13/2007, 08:40 PM
I'm pretty sure that can get even a lily white dude like you lynched around them there parts ;)

Okla-homey
6/13/2007, 08:52 PM
I'm pretty sure that can get even a lily white dude like you lynched around them there parts ;)

naw. I got this gold ring that gets me out of jams back there.;)

oumartin
6/13/2007, 08:59 PM
I would really like to see Jimmy get his panties in a wad and leave Hendrick! That guy is the biggest punk in Nascar. He happens to have the best Crew Chief in the business in his pits however.

Something is gonna give. I just hope its Jimmy.

BudSooner
6/13/2007, 09:16 PM
I doubt Jimmie would leave HMS for anything but a better ride, but where would that be unless Tony retires to run Eldora(his dirt track in Rossburg PA)but I doubt that would ever happen.
He will probably be given a lifetime contract like Gordo.
Penske is starting up a 3rd team, but reports say Sam Hornish Jr will step down from IRL and make the jump to Na$car....but i'm betting on the shrub(Kyle)getting that seat.

GrapevineSooner
6/13/2007, 09:35 PM
I would really like to see Jimmy get his panties in a wad and leave Hendrick! That guy is the biggest punk in Nascar.

I'm racking my brain in an attempt to recall the last time Jimmie blew his top.

Still racking.

Still racking.

And BTW, if you think this move will cause Jimmie to look someplace else to drive, think again.

I think the insinuation that he's a punk is just a tad ridiculous. I daresay you won't find many drivers in Nascar that are as cool headed as he is.

GrapevineSooner
6/13/2007, 09:38 PM

Intentionally rigging of races?

Don't think so.

Occasional massaging of the rules to create more drama?

Certainly. And I think Tony Stewart had a point when he went on a rant about debris cautions late in races. If a Nascar official can spot debris on a track, I'd like to think they'd be able tell whichever network is televising the race and clue them in on where it's at on the track.

Unless Bill Weber's calling the race for TNT. ;)

oumartin
6/13/2007, 09:40 PM
He's a punk.

I giggle a very christmas like giggle anytime he has trouble.

Shame Gordon is part owner in that car.