PDA

View Full Version : This Guys TOP 25!

Collier11
6/12/2007, 11:17 AM
Feel Free to add your own or criticize mine, I am just really bored! I did put alot of thought into this so heeeeeeeerrrreeee ya go!

1: LSU
2: USC
3: Va Tech
4: Wisconsin
5: Michigan
6: Oklahoma-qb is a big question mark to have, but I think we will be fine
7: West Virginia
8: Florida
9: Texas- Lots to replace on D and O-Line, but a ton of talent
10: Louisville
11: UCLA
12: Georgia
13: Florida St
14: Penn St
15: Nebraska-Who knows, is callahan really a good coach or just an idiot?
15: Ohio St
16: South Carolina
17: Tennessee
18: Cal
19: Iowa
20: Mizzou-Offensive firepower and I love their qb
21: Georgia Tech
22: TCU
23: Rutgers
24: OK State-with all the crap we are hearing out of stilly they better go 8-4
25: Clemson

Just Missed:
A&M
Auburn
BC
Texas Tech
Oregon St

Miami

Bosley
6/12/2007, 11:56 AM
A&M out? Okie State in? VA Tech 3?

The expert has spoken...

Jack T.
6/12/2007, 12:46 PM
VaTech is gonna be the Saints of college football this year. We're gonna hear about that shooting *every* time somebody even *mentions* VaTech.

Collier11
6/12/2007, 12:54 PM
True True, I had forgotten about that. I just think their D is going to be so damn good it will be unreal! The Lsu vs. Va Tech game may be a 7-6 final score

goingoneight
6/13/2007, 12:11 AM
Is this the year someone sneaks up and has a miracle season like we did in 2000?

I can't help but think something like that is going to happen. I just rememebr those preseason polls, people everywhere shouting how FSU, Nebraska, Texas, K-State... all those teams were "unstoppable" or "dynasties."

Seems familiar. Not that it's going to happen, but to give some examples of what I'm talking about-- say someone like Alabama beats USC after their long MNC drought. Or VT beats LSU and takes it all later on.

Hopefully that someone isn't Miami. :mad:

Luthor
6/13/2007, 08:57 AM
How does Louisville make #10 with Petrino gone? That is an idiotic idea. LSU can't sustain #1 with Lester's inate ability to coach himself into 2 losses per year even with tremendous talent on the roster. WV and VT never play a schedule that allows anyone to know if they're actual worth a shat or not.

The other rankings I can live with...for now.

Mac94
6/13/2007, 09:06 AM
I think USC is #1 until proven otherwise ...

Nebraska is to high based on schedule ... they'll get hit with at least 3 losses if not 4 and that'll drop them down to the 20's.

LSU has a ton of talent ... but agree with the Les Miles comment above ... they'll be stuck at 10-2 with him. Top 10 ... yes, #1 ... nope.

Michigan is in the same boat as LSU .... great talent ... but Carr is always good for a couple of losses.

Wisconsin is dangerous .... very talented and a favorable schedule.

Collier11
6/13/2007, 10:34 AM
How does Louisville make #10 with Petrino gone? That is an idiotic idea. LSU can't sustain #1 with Lester's inate ability to coach himself into 2 losses per year even with tremendous talent on the roster. WV and VT never play a schedule that allows anyone to know if they're actual worth a shat or not.

The other rankings I can live with...for now.

Louisville still has Brian Brohm and they still play in the Big East
VT plays in the ACC and is playing LSU so I am not sure you researched that statement
LSU I would tend to agree with you on, but they do have an amazing D and a ton of talent on offense
WV, see Louisville minus the Brohm statement

Collier11
6/13/2007, 10:36 AM
Keep in mind that LSU/Va Tech and MIch/Wisconsin basically cancel out due to playing each other...this is just preseason though

JohnnyMack
6/13/2007, 10:36 AM
I think Aggie is better than Aggie Lite, but we'll see.

stoopified
6/13/2007, 10:42 AM
How can you be better than anyone when you are aggy?

Collier11
6/13/2007, 11:07 AM
better=just as embarrassing

It is too much hair gel vs. not enough guts

Snrfn4ever08
6/13/2007, 12:22 PM
I just want to give you kudos for not ranking USC #1. I think it is possible that LSU could be the best team in the country, but they have two major issues: 1)Their coach is an idiot and 2)The SEC is going to be unbelievably tough this year. Even the SEC's lower teams could be mediocre at worst. There will be plenty of opportunities in conference play for LSU to fall. Overall, great job. I like most of these rankings