PDA

View Full Version : Bowl Projections in June...!!!

Blues1
6/12/2007, 09:51 AM
The LINK....:D

http://msn.foxsports.com/cfb/story/6871352

Keep R"

Flagstaffsooner
6/12/2007, 10:29 AM
Sun Bowl
Dec. 31 / 2 p.m. El Paso, Texas CBS
Tie-Ins: Big 12/Big East/Notre Dame vs. Pac-10 No. 3
Way Too Early Projection: Oklahoma State vs. Oregon
Over my dead body.:mad:

OSUAggie
6/12/2007, 10:36 AM
Who you got in your dream bowl, Flagstaff?

boomersooner82
6/12/2007, 12:01 PM
This might be a tad off topic, but does anyone else hate the Big 12's BCS tie-in being the Fiesta. I'd much rather the Big 12 Champ (if not a BCS title contender) go to Miami.

garland sooner
6/12/2007, 12:33 PM
This might be a tad off topic, but does anyone else hate the Big 12's BCS tie-in being the Fiesta. I'd much rather the Big 12 Champ (if not a BCS title contender) go to Miami.

Wasn't that how it was originally set up before BCS existed?

birddog
6/12/2007, 01:01 PM
the best part about this is the comments from the jackholes below.

goingoneight
6/13/2007, 12:24 AM

Miami is meh... trouble everywhere, not the same place it was back in the King's days... and it was pretty rough then. My dad had nothing but great things to say about his trip (note: the game was a different story) to the Fiasco Bowl this past season. And he hates the Cardinals! He went to the 2001 OB and said he didn't think he'd be going again unless it was for another MNC. :D He didn't go, which means we haven't been there since, right? Shame the world blacked out after OUr 2004 BIG 12 Champeenship Game.

goingoneight
6/13/2007, 12:29 AM
Cotton is meh, as well. I'd liek to be in the BCS, if not a hair under with this team's talent. I understand hitting a bump in the road with a n00b QB though.

AimForCenterMass
6/13/2007, 12:56 AM
I'll take an automatic BCS bid, but you're right...Orange Bowl is better.

OnlyOneOklahoma
6/13/2007, 09:17 AM
International Bowl
Jan. 5 / 12 p.m. Toronto, Canada ESPN2
Tie-Ins: Big East/Notre Dame vs. MAC No. 4 or 5
Way Too Early Projection: Notre Dame vs. Miami (OH)
Top 5 Others Considered: 1. Pitt, 2. Cincinnati, 3. Central Michigan, 4. Toledo, 5. Ohio

new bowl this season??:les:

OnlyOneOklahoma
6/13/2007, 09:20 AM
Wasn't that how it was originally set up before BCS existed?

I dont like this "proximity" set-up the bcs has going right now...
ACC: Goes to Miami
SEC: New Orleans
PAC10: Los Angeles
Big12: ...Tempe???

we are the only conference without the bowl location being in our area. Maybe in 2009 they will move the big12 bcs game to the new Cowboys Stadium.

Snrfn4ever08
6/13/2007, 12:30 PM
After going to the Fiesta Bowl this year, I don't really have any problem with our bowl tie-in, granted I haven't had the opportunity to go to any other bowl. Everything was great with the exception of the game. One of the best parts was the weather. The day we flew out of OKC, the high was in the 20s, but we get to Phoenix and it's 75 minus any sign of humidity at all. That was awesome weather after going through some of the crap we had here this year. The entire area in general was nice and the stadium was awesome. I thought my seats were going to suck, but it turns out you can see from pretty much anywhere there. Like I said before though, my opinion probably doesn't matter since I haven't been anywhere else for a bowl before

Soonermagik
6/13/2007, 12:39 PM
Before I even looked at the list I was saying USC and LSU in the championship game. As much as I hate this I see SC winning another title.

OnlyOneOklahoma
6/13/2007, 01:28 PM
lester the molester will coach himself out of a chance for the title

WestAustinSooner
6/13/2007, 02:17 PM
USC simply has too tough of a road schedule to go undefeated. LSU certainly has a chance. How lucky are they to possibly be playing at home again? What a pile of ____!

By the way, when they moved the Fiesta from Sun Devil Stadium to Glendale, they made a mistake. The stadium is better, but Glendale itself is nothing but a big ugly strip center out in the middle of the desert. It is now the worst of the four bowls, imo. Orange, Sugar (as long as we're not playing LSU) and, especially Rose, are much more fun because of the surrounding area.