PDA

View Full Version : Lil' Bush

TopDaugIn2000
6/12/2007, 09:38 AM
I gotta set the DVR for this.....

Lil' Bush Wednesday 10:30 PM, Comedy Central
If the Muppets and the Looney Tunes gang can be reincarnated as young 'uns, why not President Bush and his cronies? This new cartoon series revolves around a Charlie Brown-sized Dubya; his pals Lil' Cheney, Lil' Condi and Lil' Rummy; and such nemeses as Lil' John Kerry and Lil' Kim Jong-Il. You thought the kids from "South Park" were precocious? Just wait.

Petro-Sooner
6/12/2007, 09:47 AM
Meh, just another way for the left to poke fun of and put down the President of our country. Poor taste in my opinion.

TopDaugIn2000
6/12/2007, 10:19 AM
I can't wait. I may have to actually stay up late (yes, 10:30 is late for me) to watch this one.....

RUSH LIMBAUGH is my clone!
6/12/2007, 10:27 AM
Pure excitement. Some refreshingly new takes on the Bush administration, to be sure. Gotta wonder if they will hit him the hardest on the social spending, or the backing of the amnesty bill...naw, prolly go nuts on the usual-inhumane torture at Gitmo and Abu Graib, and conspiracy to attack the World Trade Center and Pentagon. Golly, does it start tonight?

TopDaugIn2000
6/12/2007, 10:32 AM
tomorrow night.

I wonder how long 'til they bring in Hillary???? I can hardly wait.

Jeopardude
6/12/2007, 10:32 AM
Enjoy the five episodes that make it on the air. This one looks one-dimensional and dull.

Scott D
6/12/2007, 10:38 AM
they woulda made a Lil'Clinton...but philandering jokes can only go so far without becoming R/NC-17/X rated.

6/12/2007, 10:42 AM
they woulda made a Lil'Clinton...but philandering jokes can only go so far without becoming R/NC-17/X rated.And it's doubtful the writers of any series on the Comedy Channel would even think to make jokes about the real issues concerning Clinton. Heck, Clinton's real issues aren't even interesting to the left.

Mjcpr
6/12/2007, 10:44 AM
Great thread!

TopDaugIn2000
6/12/2007, 10:45 AM
thanks. I'm sure it'll be locked before the first episode even airs.......

Scott D
6/12/2007, 10:47 AM
And it's doubtful the writers of any series on the Comedy Channel would even think to make jokes about the real issues concerning Clinton. Heck, Clinton's real issues aren't even interesting to the left.

See I think you're going about this the wrong way. I'm viewing that this will be something that falls on the stupid side of funny, or the stupid side of not funny. Either way, I think it falls on the stupid side. The concept of this "Lil'Bush" guy going to Iraq to get a father's day present sounds like it has the potential to be stupid funny, but we won't know until tomorrow.

I think it's convenient that in this era, it's like nobody ever parodied Clinton or anyone in his group while he was president.

6/12/2007, 10:51 AM
See I think you're going about this the wrong way. I'm viewing that this will be something that falls on the stupid side of funny, or the stupid side of not funny. Either way, I think it falls on the stupid side. The concept of this "Lil'Bush" guy going to Iraq to get a father's day present sounds like it has the potential to be stupid funny, but we won't know until tomorrow.

I think it's convenient that in this era, it's like nobody ever parodied Clinton or anyone in his group while he was president.They didn't parody him about the real issues. Just joked about him philandering and eating too many Big Macs.

bri
6/12/2007, 10:52 AM
So, to sum up...wah.

Scott D
6/12/2007, 11:03 AM
They didn't parody him about the real issues. Just joked about him philandering and eating too many Big Macs.

really Rushypoo....what issues were there.

1. Bin Laden wasn't viewed as anywhere near the threat then as he is in the post-Clinton era.
2. The Economy was strong, people were working, people were making money, jobs were plentiful (even with the destructive creation of NAFTA).
3. World Opinion wasn't deteriorating anywhere near as fast.
4. The Balkans remained primarily a UN issue, to a lesser extent so did Mogadishu.
5. Despite your conspiracy theory, nobody ever PROVED a link in all of the "suspcious deaths" around Whitewater.

I'd also say that the impeachment hearings which were related to his Philandering would make that a "real issue" in terms of his Presidency.

And don't forget all of the Hillary loves the carpet jokes and innuendos that were out there in the 90s also, along with the Chelsea is a horseface on par with John Elway jokes.

6/12/2007, 11:17 AM
really Rushypoo....what issues were there...

I'd also say that the impeachment hearings BASED UPON PERJURY, which were related to his Philandering would make that a "real issue" in terms of his Presidency.

Fixed. Things that aren't funny, really, but the media needed to go after him for, and never really did. Arkancide, treason, pardoning outrageous people, the ransacking of the White House upon departure, et. etc. etc. I don't remember the media joking about his perjury, either. But, you shouldn't have really expected them to even go after him for that, either. I didn't. Instead, they always pooh-pood it.

Scott D
6/12/2007, 11:27 AM
what caused the perjury rushypoo....was it...infidelity? a subject that was as beaten to death as the subject of bush's inability to clearly articulate his thoughts to the masses?

crawfish
6/12/2007, 11:55 AM
I just hope the people who love this don't whine when it's inevitably going to be copied for the next dem president.

I just wonder when the tendency to want to one-up the disrespect given your party's last president will stop.

rufnek05
6/12/2007, 12:29 PM
i just hope itas as good as the piolets were. there are three of them on youtube. they've been out for over a year.

TopDaugIn2000
6/12/2007, 12:37 PM
Bar: "Oh sweetie it's okay to hate someone as long as they are different from you"

oh I simply can't WAIT 'til tomorrow night!!!!!!

TopDaugIn2000
6/12/2007, 12:38 PM
Lil' Cheney growls, that's hilarous

Hamhock
6/12/2007, 12:39 PM
i hope you get negged for misleading thread title.

TopDaugIn2000
6/12/2007, 12:41 PM
Bri beat you to it....

OUstud
6/12/2007, 01:08 PM
It will fail worse than the Naked Trucker & T-Bones show. And that sucked.

OklahomaTuba
6/12/2007, 01:12 PM
I laughed when I saw the promo of it. Wonder if they will have Lil Hussien?

soonerscuba
6/12/2007, 01:13 PM
It will fail worse than "That's My Bush".

OklahomaTuba
6/12/2007, 01:17 PM
Now that Harry Reid's approval rating is half of Bush's, I wonder if they will start going after him?

silverwheels
6/12/2007, 01:20 PM
It will fail worse than "That's My Bush".

That show was actually funny. When I see the promos for this, I want to kick the creator in the face.

The guy has 1.5 years left in his second term, and this show is just now coming out? I figured we'd be done with Bush-bashing by now and focusing on who is going to run our country when he leaves, but no, let's come up with a really crappy way to make fun of him.

TopDaugIn2000
6/12/2007, 01:25 PM
ohhh, I can't wait 'til they have a school election.......

StoopTroup
6/12/2007, 02:22 PM
I think a Lil Gore would have been more fun to write and make...

Lil Gore goes up on Space Shuttle Missions and helps to build a Solar Blanket between the Earth and the Sun...

Oh the possibilities....

bri
6/12/2007, 02:27 PM
Trust me, I'd MUCH rather have had That's My Gore! and Lil' Gore. ;)

Scott D
6/12/2007, 02:28 PM
I think a Lil Gore would have been more fun to write and make...

Lil Gore goes up on Space Shuttle Missions and helps to build a Solar Blanket between the Earth and the Sun...

Oh the possibilities....

they already made fun of Gore on South Park, although Tuba and Rush don't want you to know that.

Jerk
6/12/2007, 05:48 PM
really Rushypoo....what issues were there.

Well, I don't know how selling missile technology to china in exchange for campaign cash can be funny, but maybe I'm just not creative enough to think how.

Wait, I know what's a real laugher! Bombing an aspirin factory in Africa! Frakin' halarious!

How about having numerous chances to capture or kill Bin Laden only to waste them. Hah! That could be used in a stand-up skit.

I got another! How about when the commander of US forces in Somalia requested ARMOR for an operation in Mogudishu, only to be turned down by the Clinton Admin, and subsequently get in the worst fire-fight since Vietnam, and losing 17 americans. HAH! What a knee-slapper!

Oh Klinton wouldn't send armor to Somalia but he dam--d sure did it against Americans in Waco.

AggieTool
6/12/2007, 08:00 PM
I got another! How about when the commander of US forces in Somalia requested ARMOR for an operation in Mogudishu, only to be turned down by the Clinton Admin, and subsequently get in the worst fire-fight since Vietnam, and losing 17 americans. HAH! What a knee-slapper!

Do you have a link to support this? I could use it on another forum rife with hippies.:)

AggieTool
6/12/2007, 08:02 PM
Meh, just another way for the left to poke fun of and put down the President of our country. Poor taste in my opinion.

Agreed. The president does a good enough job putting himself down.:(

Jerk
6/12/2007, 08:05 PM
Do you have a link to support this? I could use it on another forum rife with hippies.:)

http://novaonline.nvcc.edu/eli/evans/his135/Events/Somalia93/Somalia93.html#background

I guess you could blame it on Les Aspen, because the "Buck never stopped here" with Clinton.

usmc-sooner
6/12/2007, 08:06 PM

pretty common knowledge

usmc-sooner
6/12/2007, 08:09 PM
You know politics are annoying enough I just prefer not to watch cartoons about it.

If you're ate up enough about it to buy bumper stickers and launch cartoons about it, you need to find a hobby.

AggieTool
6/12/2007, 08:10 PM
http://novaonline.nvcc.edu/eli/evans/his135/Events/Somalia93/Somalia93.html#background

I guess you could blame it on Les Aspen, because the "Buck never stopped here" with Clinton.

Thanks!:)

AggieTool
6/12/2007, 08:12 PM
pretty common knowledge

I know. But to PWN self-proclaimed intellectual-enlightened libs, you have to provide proof rather than anecdotal claims.:)

6/12/2007, 08:41 PM
I know. But to PWN self-proclaimed intellectual-enlightened libs, you have to provide proof rather than anecdotal claims.:)It's amazing that they think themselves so smart when they can't seem to remember all the outrageous things Clinton did. But then, if they only listen/watch MSM, they might not have even heard about most of those things.

TopDaugIn2000
6/12/2007, 08:43 PM
oh, FYI, it starts at 9:30 central time.

usmc-sooner
6/12/2007, 08:53 PM
oh, FYI, it starts at 9:30 central time.

I'll tivo it right after Keith Olberman, Hannity & Colmes and all the other cool political shows.

hell yeah,

politics put to cartoons :rolleyes:

bri
6/12/2007, 09:02 PM
You're right...no one's EVER combined politics and cartoons.

http://www.printsoldandrare.com/thomasnast/227tnast.jpg

:D

Jerk
6/12/2007, 09:06 PM
"The Half Hour News Hour" is a pretty funny show if you're looking for comedy which leans to the right.

Rogue
6/13/2007, 08:57 PM
35 minutes. It wasn't on my "On Demand" here tonight so I'll be stayin' up late. Again.

Rogue
6/13/2007, 09:15 PM
OK, the South Park about Hillary is cracking me up. "Mrs. Clinton, the terrorists have put a snuke up your... (rhymes with hatch can we say that on a family board?)."

silverwheels
6/13/2007, 09:35 PM
http://www.metacritic.com/tv/shows/lilbush

9 reviews, with an average score of 33 out of 100. No surprise. What can anyone say about him that hasn't already been said? I think I'm watching this just to see if I can even crack a smile, and so far...no luck.

Scott D
6/13/2007, 09:38 PM
yes I'm pretty sure this show is terrible. I'd say that there wasn't anything to be worried about.

silverwheels
6/13/2007, 09:44 PM
yes I'm pretty sure this show is terrible. I'd say that there wasn't anything to be worried about.

Yeah, it is. My curiosity to see how much worse it will actually get is the only thing keeping me watching it, and now that a commercial break is on, I think my curiosity died.

Scott D
6/13/2007, 09:45 PM
sadly the commercial breaks have been the best part of the first 15 minutes.

Rogue
6/13/2007, 09:48 PM
Awful. Just awful. Disappointing.

Scott D
6/13/2007, 09:49 PM
it's progressed from awful to disturbing.

silverwheels
6/13/2007, 09:52 PM
It's not even over yet, but I'm going to go ahead and give it an F-.

Can it, Comedy Central, and bring back "That's My Bush!" if you're going to make fun of the guy or play "Scrubs" re-runs if you want to show something funny.

Scott D
6/13/2007, 09:57 PM
the level of suck which this is, cannot be fathomed by the people at Comedy Central.

Rogue
6/13/2007, 09:58 PM
Little Hillary is scary lookin'.

Rogue
6/13/2007, 09:59 PM
Well there's something I'll never waste another 30 minutes on. And I had high hopes.

silverwheels
6/13/2007, 10:03 PM
I knew it was going to suck from the previews, and thankfully they didn't let me down.

TopDaugIn2000
6/13/2007, 10:05 PM
Mama Bush: "But George, you haven't played with the first lady parts in a long time"

I got a chuckle outta that.

def_lazer_fc
6/14/2007, 12:04 AM
"The Half Hour News Hour" is a pretty funny show if you're looking for comedy which leans to the right.
sweet jesus! i've finally found a human being who thinks that show is funny.

and lil bush looked lame. i'll stick to my daily show and colbert report. fox news' show could take a LOT of pointers from them.

and comedy central needs to quit showing damn mad tv reruns and put conan reruns back on. and kids in the hall. and upright citizens brigade. there, im done. :mad:

OUstud
6/14/2007, 12:14 AM
It will fail worse than the Naked Trucker & T-Bones show. And that sucked.

What do I win? :D

bri
6/14/2007, 07:24 AM
You win the coveted "Way To Edge Out On That There Limb" award.

Congrats.

Scott D
6/14/2007, 08:14 AM
I never thought a show could suck more than Tom Goes To The Mayor/Tim and Eric Show. I would almost think that those two idiots wrote this one, except there wasn't enough latent homosexuality references among all of the male characters.

TopDaugIn2000
6/20/2007, 01:44 PM
hopefully tonight's episode will be better. I'll be sure to report back.

silverwheels
6/20/2007, 01:47 PM
Don't get your hopes up.

royalfan5
6/20/2007, 02:11 PM
I never thought a show could suck more than Tom Goes To The Mayor/Tim and Eric Show. I would almost think that those two idiots wrote this one, except there wasn't enough latent homosexuality references among all of the male characters.
You could say that about pretty much all the crap on Adult Swim these days.

Scott D
6/20/2007, 04:00 PM
You could say that about pretty much all the crap on Adult Swim these days.

agreed, they need to bring back Sealab.

royalfan5
6/20/2007, 04:07 PM
agreed, they need to bring back Sealab.
There's nothing I hate more than people who are intolerant of other people's cultures, and the Dutch.

skycat
6/21/2007, 09:51 AM
I want to be an Adrienne Barbeaubot, with chainsaw hands and D cups of justice.

skycat
6/21/2007, 09:52 AM
And Sealab went in the toilet after the guy that voiced Murphy died of cancer.

NormanPride
6/21/2007, 10:16 AM
And Sealab went in the toilet after the guy that voiced Murphy died of cancer.

God rest his soul. :( He brought a lot of joy to many people.

goodonya
6/21/2007, 11:04 AM
Being staunchly conservative and living to the right of Attila the Hun politically and I think the show is hilarious.

TopDaugIn2000
6/21/2007, 11:07 AM
I have it on DVR, wasn't home last night to watch it.