PDA

View Full Version : Trammel and SA QB rumors:

goingoneight
6/12/2007, 12:11 AM
On the Sports Animal, I heard a caller talking with the Godfather about Bradford and some "rumor" that he isn't working hard enough. I recall earlier in the day, Jim Traber and his afternoon guys were saying the same thing. I grab my DOK at home, and I read something to the extent of Nichol sneaking up on Bradford, and no mention of Halzle.

Now, my $.02:

I have heard nothing but great news as to how Sam is developing. I talked to Stoops last week at the Caravan and he said Sam's "a good guy and he's coming along surprisingly well." I have heard Sam is a tremendously good student, haven't looked into it (because it was never an issue until now) and a very hard worker. Jerry Schmidt of all people praised Sam for his work ethic prior to the Spring Game. Sam didn't have the most yardage, but he was the most consistent guy, and made the fewest mistakes in the Spring from all reports. He also looked more natural in the pocket than his competition. That could change as Nichol develops and adjusts, I realize.

Just when Trammel starts to make sense, he throws a wrench in... :rolleyes: It's always been this way. Like last year, he was pro-OU weeks prior to Oregon and Texas. Game weekend rolled around and he was picking the opponent. That's fine, pick who you feel is going to win... but stop contradicting yourself. It's annoying. :mad:

I hope it's not true... Sam looked really good everytime I saw him play so far.

AimForCenterMass
6/12/2007, 12:33 AM
I doubt those rumors are true. This kid has been dreaming about playing for Oklahoma ever since he received his first Teddy Ruxpin, Boomer Sooner edition. If the coaches say he's a hard worker, I'd have to believe them.

critical_phil
6/12/2007, 12:47 AM
it's june. wtf else is trammel gonna do except make **** up?

this is oklahoma for chrissakes. there isn't anything else going on.

goingoneight
6/12/2007, 12:49 AM
It was just weird, hearing that in a round-about way three times. I'll bet Trammel, in his infinite wisdom decided to write somethign with "OU" and "Quarterback" in it just so people would buy the paper, and it was probably Traber mentioning his buddy's article. They do a lot of self-promoting on the SA. The fan who called the Godfather was probably just :confused: like I am.

usmc-sooner
6/12/2007, 08:54 AM
I'd take just about anything you hear on the SA with a grain of salt. I'd take anything you read on message boards the same way.

This came straight from the coaches mouth, after the practices were done, they said Halze was in the lead, had better practices, but the QB race was wide open.

Now my opinion is that (I have no inside info-never spoke one word to any of the coaches) I think Hazle might get the nod and slowly work in one of the younger guys. This is just my opinion.

fwsooner22
6/12/2007, 09:17 AM
I love the off-season............Tramel gets criticized doing what he's paid to do (make you all sit up and take notice) and then everyone on the board gives their two-cents (based on nothing). Not criticizing any of you, because I do it to. It needs to be August, soon.

bixby28
6/12/2007, 09:22 AM
I'm not surprised to hear that from Trammel, like you guys aren't, too.

Bradford didn't throw for 300+ yds in the spring game but he did manage the huddle well and take care of the football. This doesn't happen when a qb slacks off in practice day-in and day-out. Sam's work ethic is demonstrated, like goingoneight said earlier, in his classwork so I'm sure he's doing what he has to this off-season to get himself ready for the fall camp, too.

I hope he starts in the opener and shuts some of this 'talk' up.

NS5
6/12/2007, 09:25 AM
Yeah, this is the OFF season.....and Trammel fits in..

Taxman71
6/12/2007, 02:37 PM
If the coaches say he's a hard worker, I'd have to believe them.

Yeah, Stoops and Co. have never been known to sugar-coat a player's lack of intensity or committment. If anything, they might downplay it to get a guy to work harder.

Collier11
6/12/2007, 02:46 PM
I love the off-season............Tramel gets criticized doing what he's paid to do (make you all sit up and take notice) and then everyone on the board gives their two-cents (based on nothing). Not criticizing any of you, because I do it to. It needs to be August, soon.

Traber is paid for ratings, that is why he is so outrageous and it works. Tramel is paid to do good, honest reporting. You cant and wont be considered a respectable writer/reporter if you are reporting unsubstantiated rumors, so either Tramel is a mega-turd or he is on to something. I seriously doubt he is doing it just to get sooner fans attention cus we are all bored!

Collier11
6/12/2007, 02:48 PM
Having said all that, I really hope it is not true cus I think Bradford will be good for us

Scott D
6/12/2007, 02:53 PM
PT Barnum was right....one born every minute. :rolleyes:

Collier11
6/12/2007, 03:16 PM
do you ever have anything helpful or enlightening to say?

Scott D
6/12/2007, 03:27 PM
like what?

OMG Trammel said something negative..the sky is falling the sky is falling.

It's more fun to see people get bent out of shape over the crap that spews from Trammel's keyboard.

Collier11
6/12/2007, 03:29 PM
I realize that, I think it is funny too! But you made it seem like your comments were referenced to me when all I did was make an observation about what everyone was saying?

Scott D
6/12/2007, 03:51 PM
quit being so thenthitive. I was talking about everyone saying what they were saying :D

Collier11
6/12/2007, 03:55 PM
your just tryin to hurted my feelers!

Scott D
6/12/2007, 04:01 PM
if I was tryin', you'd be cryin' junior :D

Sooner_Bob
6/12/2007, 04:44 PM
Fear the Scott D!!!!

fwsooner22
6/12/2007, 04:47 PM
Cubs Win!!!!!!!!!!! Cards Lose!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

usmc-sooner
6/12/2007, 04:56 PM
Scott D will be our starting qb next year. Although I've heard he hasn't been working that hard this summer per Trammel and Traber. I'll have to call James Hale to verify.

Scott D
6/12/2007, 04:59 PM
Scott D will be our starting qb next year. Although I've heard he hasn't been working that hard this summer per Trammel and Traber. I'll have to call James Hale to verify.

I haven't been working that hard because I found some guys who want to sell pictures of Trammel and Traber felatting each other on ebay.

Collier11
6/12/2007, 05:03 PM
I haven't been working that hard because I found some guys who want to sell pictures of Trammel and Traber felatting each other on ebay.

Thats just wrong!:eek:

Scott D
6/12/2007, 05:23 PM
hey someone has to broker the deal.

tulsaoilerfan
6/12/2007, 07:24 PM
U should never listen to an Aggie and expect anything that makes sense to come out of his mouth

usmc-sooner
6/12/2007, 07:32 PM
U should never listen to an Aggie and expect anything that makes sense to come out of his mouth

however Traber is probably one of the only SA guys I like to listen to.

Rogue
6/12/2007, 08:21 PM
SB looked good in the Spring Game. You guys gotta do better keeping us outta-staters informed.

goingoneight
6/12/2007, 11:41 PM

He makes anyone sit up when he writers about OU football. It's Oklahoma, the state is just that way. But when he says Bradford is a clear-cut leader, Bradford-Bradford-Bradford, "Bradford is in Colt McCoy's shoes with better talent to work with," then this comes up... it's like hitting your best friend with a neg jihad randomly. It just makes you wonder where in the sky this fell from.

I like what the guy writes from time to time, even when it is negative. But people who read something trust it as a credible sourse of a sort, or else they wouldn't look to it. Do you wonder what's up when someone says "I'm 100%, absolutely, without a doubt almost sure..."

That's really all I was saying. No biggie though, I guess. :confused:

goingoneight
6/12/2007, 11:44 PM
Traber is paid for ratings, that is why he is so outrageous and it works. Tramel is paid to do good, honest reporting. You cant and wont be considered a respectable writer/reporter if you are reporting unsubstantiated rumors, so either Tramel is a mega-turd or he is on to something. I seriously doubt he is doing it just to get sooner fans attention cus we are all bored!

It wasn't really even a cover story, just a segment in the DO. You know, that page that is 50/50:OU/OSU football. I guess if "fairness" wasn't an issue... and what people wanted was, it'd be more like 90/10:OU/OSU. :pop:

goingoneight
6/12/2007, 11:49 PM

The Godfather, is not an aggie. Berry Trammel isn't either, unless OSU wins a big game or beats OU in something... but that's how reporting goes. Trade your loyalties for the big story.

EstablishedSooner1967
6/13/2007, 08:48 AM
Stoops would not tell you anything but something positive..on anything.

stoopified
6/13/2007, 09:54 AM
On the Sports Animal, I heard a caller talking with the Godfather about Bradford and some "rumor" that he isn't working hard enough. I recall earlier in the day, Jim Traber and his afternoon guys were saying the same thing. I grab my DOK at home, and I read something to the extent of Nichol sneaking up on Bradford, and no mention of Halzle.

I hope it's not true... Sam looked really good everytime I saw him play so far.
Tramel is a wannabe expert and Traber is just an ORANGE KOOL-AID salesman.

fwsooner22
6/13/2007, 11:03 AM
It will always be hard for me to worry about what Tramel writes or Traber says, while our own media voice continues to the Bumbling Bob Barry. Tramel and/or Traber do not and never will represent the University. Bob Barry is a representative. It is an embarrassment.

If UT is better in anything (basketball, baseball, football, national merit scholars, etc.) it makes us crazy and we buckle down and try to get better. But not with the voice of our football and basketball teams. Every team in the Big XII is in better shape than us.

You guys can continue your media gripes with Tramel and Traber. For me, it will always be bumbling Bob Barry. If he was a professor he would be fired. If he was a student he would have failed. If he was a coach he would be gone. He must have some unbelieveable pictures of people in high places.

Scott D
6/13/2007, 11:11 AM
I have no beef with Traber...he just needs to admit that his cup of tea couldn't hold the jockstrap of Bob Horner's worst season.

OklahomaSooners
6/13/2007, 11:24 AM
The only real issue I personally have with traber is the word "I". If you took the word "I" out of his vocabulary he absolutely, positively, could not speak a word !!!

Collier11
6/13/2007, 11:28 AM
I like Traber, he is loud and obnoxious at times but like I said earlier that is what he is paid to do. He seems to me to be pretty knowledgeable, and fairly honest. My only problem is that he always talks about how good of a person he is, yet he is consistently calling people idiots and losers so...I guess that goes back to his radio personality?

Scott D
6/13/2007, 11:32 AM
psst...it's not just a 'radio personality'

Collier11
6/13/2007, 11:37 AM
mommmmmm!!!!

goingoneight
6/13/2007, 10:58 PM
This isn't a beef with Traber... it's a rumor that is totally contradicting what has been said for several months now (about Bradford). I guess I'm more wondering where the hell it came from since Bradford was everyone's golden boy, now they're shrugging their shoulders saying "Iunnno..."

I like Sammy B. I saw him a few months before Bomar was kicked off the team. He was public speaking for something, and he seemed very well spoken, very positive and said he had been waiting to be a Sooner "forever." I thought to myself that he was a good investment for the post-Bomar era, had no idea he'd be thrown in the fire almost immediately. Hope his field upside resembles his character.

critical_phil
6/13/2007, 11:08 PM
This isn't a beef with Traber... it's a rumor that is totally contradicting what has been said for several months now (about Bradford). I guess I'm more wondering where the hell it came from since Bradford was everyone's golden boy, now they're shrugging their shoulders saying "Iunnno..."

i really get tired of saying this, but here it goes again.

not one, i repeat, NOT ONE of our local media guys has ANY inside connection with the staff at OU. nobody.

anything that any of them say is just plain conjecture. you'll get information just as accurate buy asking a magic 8 ball.

goingoneight
6/16/2007, 12:55 AM
Trammel and Stoops looked like golf buddies at the Sooner Caravan. And yes, Jack Mildren knows the entire Sooner staff.

Traber? Well, he is on first name basis with Stoops, but I don't think Stoops really likes him. I know the players hate him after his consistent Nate Hybl bashing and 16-13, 38-28 talk. He finally started to ease up on OU when peterson came in and started playing well as a TF. Since then, he's been respectful to OU, but once a weasel, always a weasel in a lot of OU players and coaches' minds.

And Al Eschback, is there ANY Sooner he doesn't know?

As far as people you SHOULDN'T listen to about inside OU stuff, Traber (for afrorementioned reasons), Sittler, Al Jerkens, Pat "By Large" Jones, Geoff Haxtone... they're all analysts. That's why they go from Pro-Stoops post RRS victory, to Anti-Stoops post TCU-like loss. But that's sports talk, and you don't get ratings to sugar coat or defend someone. You get paid and get ratings to satisfy the latest bandwagon that rolls in.

usmc-sooner
6/16/2007, 12:17 PM
Trammel and Stoops looked like golf buddies at the Sooner Caravan. And yes, Jack Mildren knows the entire Sooner staff.

Traber? Well, he is on first name basis with Stoops, but I don't think Stoops really likes him. I know the players hate him after his consistent Nate Hybl bashing and 16-13, 38-28 talk. He finally started to ease up on OU when peterson came in and started playing well as a TF. Since then, he's been respectful to OU, but once a weasel, always a weasel in a lot of OU players and coaches' minds.

And Al Eschback, is there ANY Sooner he doesn't know?

As far as people you SHOULDN'T listen to about inside OU stuff, Traber (for afrorementioned reasons), Sittler, Al Jerkens, Pat "By Large" Jones, Geoff Haxtone... they're all analysts. That's why they go from Pro-Stoops post RRS victory, to Anti-Stoops post TCU-like loss. But that's sports talk, and you don't get ratings to sugar coat or defend someone. You get paid and get ratings to satisfy the latest bandwagon that rolls in.

Al doesn't have any inside connection, he hasn't since Switzer and a lot of times he annoyed the crap out of Barry.

critical_phil
6/16/2007, 01:28 PM
there are people on this board more connected than Al.

Scott D
6/16/2007, 01:53 PM
there are corpses buried in the ground in Siberia that are more connected than Al, have more integrity than anyone at the Sports Animal, and have more common sense than Traber and Trammel combined.

snp
6/16/2007, 02:23 PM
Yea, well I did speak with an actual coach and they had no clue where this story is coming from.

critical_phil
6/16/2007, 03:49 PM
Yea, well I did speak with an actual coach and they had no clue where this story is coming from.

this Berry Trammel story brought to you by the month of June.

Ash
6/16/2007, 06:45 PM
there are corpses buried in the ground in Siberia that are more connected than Al, have more integrity than anyone at the Sports Animal, and have more common sense than Traber and Trammel combined.

But...but...Al is the godfather of Oklahoma sports radio...and...and...the "Hump Man" is an internationally recognized golf expert...and...and...Traber played in the big leagues...and...and...

goingoneight
6/16/2007, 06:49 PM
But...but...Al is the godfather of Oklahoma sports radio...and...and...the "Hump Man" is an internationally recognized golf expert...and...and...Traber played in the big leagues...and...and...
In all seriousness, the "Godfather" reference is "Godfather of the Wishbone."

usmc-sooner
6/16/2007, 06:53 PM
I'd rather listen to Robert Allen give his yearly rant on why this is the year that OSU is going to break through in football than listen to the Hump Man

Ash
6/16/2007, 06:54 PM

You're thinking of Mildren, who I actually like and will listen to.

goingoneight
6/16/2007, 06:59 PM
yeah, I just thought yer reference to the godfather was in reference to Al. Looks like we're-a on tha same page, now. :D

Evenings during football season is the best time to listen to the SA. Al is a B+, gets credit for being on the Sooner side of things, Mildren is awesome to listen to (anytime), and they frequently get coaches, ex-players and the King on their show. Since I usually work late, and alone of the evening, I listen to that a lot during CFB season.

usmc-sooner
6/16/2007, 07:09 PM
as former Sooner great I think Mildren is awesome. Listening to him stammer around on the radio is hard on the ears.

Scott D
6/16/2007, 08:10 PM

no I'm pretty sure it's in reference to all of the Godfather Pizzas he put under by ordering too much food.

Scott D
6/16/2007, 08:11 PM

Al is a ******.
Hump needs to stick to just doing golf
Traber is a no talent hack who should have played his entire career in the lowest level of the Mexican league.

Ash
6/16/2007, 09:06 PM
no I'm pretty sure it's in reference to all of the Godfather Pizzas he put under by ordering too much food.
:D

tulsaoilerfan
6/16/2007, 09:27 PM
The Godfather, is not an aggie. Berry Trammel isn't either, unless OSU wins a big game or beats OU in something... but that's how reporting goes. Trade your loyalties for the big story.

I was talking about Traber, and i have no idea who the Godfather is; Trammel should be an honorary Aggie the way he writes :D

snp
6/16/2007, 11:58 PM
Traber is a no talent hack who should have played his entire career in the lowest level of the Mexican league.

This is the only league Traber should've played in. (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7n36lYGA9Nw)

goingoneight
6/17/2007, 04:48 PM
BWAHAHAHAHA!!!!

poor jim...the morally sound human being! "HEY JIM! Kinda reminds me of something BOB KNIGHT would do!"