PDA

View Full Version : pokes fall short of Omaha

Newbomb Turk
6/10/2007, 07:20 PM
they lose game 3 to Louisville in a squeaker - 20-2.

that's right - 20-2!

goingoneight
6/10/2007, 08:15 PM
Louisville misses a P.A.T., and OSU gets a saftey in the closing minutes. :D

j/k... sounds about like how that Bed-dumb game went last year during OUr Super Regional run.

SOONER STEAKER
6/10/2007, 08:48 PM
Can you throw strikes?
Can you keep the ball down in the zone?
Do you have college eligibilty left?
can you throw the ball 90MPH?

If you said "YES" to all the above questions, please come to my office Tuesday morning at Allie P. Reynolds Stadium on the campus of Oklahoma State University.

Meantime, I'll be :pop: whiletrying to forget how bad my team looked today on ESPN.

Look forward to meeting you soon!!

Frank Anderson

OSUFAN11
6/10/2007, 09:17 PM
Wow, I guess you guys forgot that OU was sitting at home watching OSU play for the past two weeks and we were just 1 game away from the CWS! You can make fun of us all you want but it just adds insult to your precious OU team because they are a worse team.

critical_phil
6/10/2007, 09:27 PM
anyone know where we stand on the innerweb eye stabbing invention?

i'd be willing to try the prototype right now.

SOONER STEAKER
6/10/2007, 09:42 PM
I knew when the Mizzou pitch staff couldn't control the L'ville hitters that the Pukes where in for a long weekend.

You were just one game away, but 19 runs behind.

OSUAggie
6/10/2007, 09:49 PM
Well..

The 'Ville was pretty damn hot. Oh well, **** 'em. Hope they enjoy their brief stay in Omaha.

We didn't have anybody with the ability to go out there and shut down an offense that was clicking.

It didn't help anything to have to play in a BS environment, but I guess that's a poor excuse.

Typically, Oklahoma State struggles in all sports when facing situations like the Louisville series. Gimmick field, 5'3" shortstop, a guy with 9,000 steals in 60 games, a guy who hits .230 during the regular season but .500 in the post-season, etc.

OSUFAN11
6/10/2007, 09:58 PM
yeah...L'ville was playing really good. They were just hitting it in the right spots today. I dont think we would have gotten past Rice anyway. I know L'ville wont!

SOONER STEAKER
6/10/2007, 10:02 PM
L'ville has been on a hitting rampage since te Big East Tourney. As for the 5'3" SS, he had more hits this weekend that 7 of your starters did. Don't knock the little people,they'll punch ya in the jewels before ya know it.

Eielson
6/10/2007, 10:09 PM
yeah...L'ville was playing really good. They were just hitting it in the right spots today. I dont think we would have gotten past Rice anyway. I know L'ville wont!

So, you guys would've had a small chance and Louisville will have no chance? Pretty amazing to see you infer that you are a better team when you just lost to them by 18.

OSUFAN11
6/10/2007, 10:16 PM
So, you guys would've had a small chance and Louisville will have no chance? Pretty amazing to see you infer that you are a better team when you just lost to them by 18.

We were not playing good and they are playing really good right now. Rice is better than Louisville and I dont see the Cardinals beating them. Rice has been there and done that. Louisville's luck is going to run out against Rice.

colleyvillesooner
6/10/2007, 11:06 PM
So now it took luck for them to win by 18?

;)

SteelClip49
6/10/2007, 11:14 PM
Boone will buy each player a Hideaway pizza just for their efforts.

OSUFAN11
6/10/2007, 11:28 PM

;)

Their luck started against Missouri

SleestakSooner
6/11/2007, 12:00 AM
Wow, I guess you guys forgot that OU was sitting at home watching OSU play for the past two weeks and we were just 1 game away from the CWS! You can make fun of us all you want but it just adds insult to your precious OU team because they are a worse team.

I still believe OU deserved to make the CWS field. Tell me... when the Sooners lost in football to BSU you didn't "make fun"? Wow! You did, didn't you?:rolleyes:

TopDawg
6/11/2007, 12:22 AM
We didn't have anybody with the ability to go out there and shut down an offense that was clicking.

It didn't help anything to have to play in a BS environment, but I guess that's a poor excuse.

Uhm, they only needed to score 1, 4 and 3, respectively, to win all 3 games. It's not like your pitching was the ONLY problem.

TopDawg
6/11/2007, 12:23 AM

Scoreboard.

You guys got to play a few more games than we did. Congrats. Why don't you come sit next to us on the couch to watch the CWS?

TopDawg
6/11/2007, 12:24 AM

;)

Their luck was drawing OSU.

SoonerDood
6/11/2007, 12:28 AM
I knew when the Mizzou pitch staff couldn't control the L'ville hitters that the Pukes where in for a long weekend.

You were just one game away, but 19 runs behind.
heh.
This whole week we've been hearing how "Louisville is a 3 seed. They aren't that good." Guess what Pokies, you were a 3 seed too. And Louisville is a 3 seed that just blew through the team that went 4-0 against you this year.

"Louisville doesn't have the baseball tradition of OSU." Well Boise didn't have the tradition of OU, and that didn't stop them from winning. Nobody knows where Marist is, but they went into hallowed GIA and won. I'll give you that though- not too many schools have 19 College World Series appearances with only 1 title to show for it.

And now your biggest excuse for getting outscored 31-5 over the weekend is the type of field? C'mon.:rolleyes:

OSUFAN11
6/11/2007, 06:40 AM
I still believe OU deserved to make the CWS field. Tell me... when the Sooners lost in football to BSU you didn't "make fun"? Wow! You did, didn't you?:rolleyes:

WOW! OU may have deserved to make it to a regional but you are crazy to think that they deserved to make it to the CWS. They couldnt even make it to a regional so what makes you think that they deserved to make the CWS field?

OSUFAN11
6/11/2007, 06:44 AM
Scoreboard.

You guys got to play a few more games than we did. Congrats. Why don't you come sit next to us on the couch to watch the CWS?

I seem to remember a lot of OU fans on here bragging about how OU was 1 game short of the CWS last year and it is a big accomplishment . This year OSU gets 1 game short of the CWS and you act like it means nothing. OSU was hands down a better team than OU.

OSUFAN11
6/11/2007, 06:50 AM
heh.
This whole week we've been hearing how "Louisville is a 3 seed. They aren't that good." Guess what Pokies, you were a 3 seed too. And Louisville is a 3 seed that just blew through the team that went 4-0 against you this year.

"Louisville doesn't have the baseball tradition of OSU." Well Boise didn't have the tradition of OU, and that didn't stop them from winning. Nobody knows where Marist is, but they went into hallowed GIA and won. I'll give you that though- not too many schools have 19 College World Series appearances with only 1 title to show for it.

And now your biggest excuse for getting outscored 31-5 over the weekend is the type of field? C'mon.:rolleyes:

I never mentioned anything about the field. I said that L'Ville was playing good right now and OSU was not. Our pitching ran out of gas after the Arkansas regional and our bats went silent. We were playing horrible while L'ville has been on a hot streak. No excuses from me. We just lost and I am just proud of the fact that we made it as far as we did with the pitching staff that we had.

SOONER STEAKER
6/11/2007, 07:32 AM
Be proud while you can OSUFAN11, football is around the corner and you can then start giving excuses why Georgia beat ya in football, 20-2.

OSUFAN11
6/11/2007, 07:49 AM
I am not saying that we will beat Georgia but I do think that some of those Georgia fans are overlooking us.

OKLA21FAN
6/11/2007, 08:02 AM
i can't believe Louisville missed that extra point, and gave up that early safety.
:pop:

OSUAggie
6/11/2007, 10:25 AM
Uhm, they only needed to score 1, 4 and 3, respectively, to win all 3 games. It's not like your pitching was the ONLY problem.

Uhm, when they faced effective pitching, they got beat.

I'm not saying the OSU offense was clicking all weekend, but a more competitive effort from the starters in games 1 and 3 would have probably helped the offense a bit.

When you're down by 7 right off the bat, the offense tends to press and struggle.

Big Red Ron
6/11/2007, 10:26 AM
I seem to remember a lot of OU fans on here bragging about how OU was 1 game short of the CWS last year and it is a big accomplishment . This year OSU gets 1 game short of the CWS and you act like it means nothing. OSU was hands down a better team than OU.The difference is we were at Rice and almost beat them. Came down to the final few outs on their field. You guys were flippin' channels in the second inning.

Big Red Ron
6/11/2007, 10:27 AM
I am not saying that we will beat Georgia but I do think that some of those Georgia fans are overlooking us.Cuz fans make all the difference in the game, right?:rolleyes:

PrideTrombone
6/11/2007, 10:34 AM

Typically, Oklahoma State struggles in all sports when facing situations like the Louisville series. Gimmick field, 5'3" shortstop, a guy with 9,000 steals in 60 games, a guy who hits .230 during the regular season but .500 in the post-season, etc.

You mean like every OU-OSU football game in Stillwater? BS environment, gimmicky east-west field, QB who just throws up bombs to (insert decent but overrated WR's name here), LBs that have more tackles against OU than they did against the combined Big XII North... I can definitely see your point. :)

OSUFAN11
6/11/2007, 10:35 AM
The difference is we were at Rice and almost beat them. Came down to the final few outs on their field. You guys were flippin' channels in the second inning.

HaHa....a win is a win and a loss is a loss. It does not matter what the score is. BTW, how many wins does OU have over OSU in the past 8 meetings. I am pretty sure it is 2!! Ha Ha!

OSUFAN11
6/11/2007, 10:37 AM
Cuz fans make all the difference in the game, right?:rolleyes: I never said they did. I am sure that the UGA players know that OSU poses a threat but I guarantee you the fans dont.

OSUAggie
6/11/2007, 10:43 AM
You mean like every OU-OSU football game in Stillwater? BS environment, gimmicky east-west field, QB who just throws up bombs to (insert decent but overrated WR's name here), LBs that have more tackles against OU than they did against the combined Big XII North... I can definitely see your point. :)

Yah, except you guys make a 6-minute, 90-yard drive with 7 minutes left on the clock while fumbling 3 times and running into yourselves in the backfield on 4th and one yet still get the first down and then go score the winning TD, then after OSU drives back down the field, you get a BS penalty call that forces a 4th-and-15 and still give up a wide open TD, except the god damn white receiver drops the ball.

Or you just kick it off one of our heads and go score.

OSUFAN11
6/11/2007, 10:46 AM
Yah, except you guys make a 6-minute, 90-yard drive with 7 minutes left on the clock while fumbling 3 times and running into yourselves in the backfield on 4th and one yet still get the first down and then go score the winning TD, then after OSU drives back down the field, you get a BS penalty call that forces a 4th-and-15 and still give up a wide open TD, except the god damn white receiver drops the ball.

Well said!

Big Red Ron
6/11/2007, 10:51 AM

Or you just kick it off one of our heads and go score.It's called Sooner Magic, get used to it and bow down before the ones you serve.

OSUAggie
6/11/2007, 11:03 AM
Get used to it?

I've seen/read/heard about it for 20 years.

The amazing thing is that you guys witness it, then the next year cry about how everyone is out to get you and that you never get any breaks.

OSUFAN11
6/11/2007, 11:06 AM
Get used to it?

I've seen/read/heard about it for 20 years.

The amazing thing is that you guys witness it, then the next year cry about how everyone is out to get you and that you never get any breaks.

gooner loses again.

Newbomb Turk
6/11/2007, 11:15 AM
gooner loses again.

I don't see how OSUAggies statement is a loss - not that it really matters.

now 20-2 - that's a loss.

OSUFAN11
6/11/2007, 11:30 AM
I don't see how OSUAggies statement is a loss - not that it really matters.

now 20-2 - that's a loss.

2 Bedl@m sweeps in a row....now that's a bunch of losses.

Newbomb Turk
6/11/2007, 11:32 AM
yes it is.

colleyvillesooner
6/11/2007, 11:49 AM

Pretty sure using symbols to get around a "****" word is a baneable offense. Expecially if you're an aggy. :D

Collier11
6/11/2007, 01:17 PM
I seem to remember a lot of OU fans on here bragging about how OU was 1 game short of the CWS last year and it is a big accomplishment . This year OSU gets 1 game short of the CWS and you act like it means nothing. OSU was hands down a better team than OU.

THe diff was that we were playing a really good team and we were extremely competitive which you guys werent against an average team

Collier11
6/11/2007, 01:18 PM

who won in the big 12 tourney both years...just wondering?

TopDawg
6/11/2007, 02:07 PM
Uhm, when they faced effective pitching, they got beat.

I'm not saying the OSU offense was clicking all weekend, but a more competitive effort from the starters in games 1 and 3 would have probably helped the offense a bit.

When you're down by 7 right off the bat, the offense tends to press and struggle.

But you were saying you got beat because of your inability to pitch. That's wrong. You got beat because of your inability to hit their pitchers.

You got throttled because of your inability to pitch.

TopDawg
6/11/2007, 02:09 PM

Look, I'm not going to go to gopokes or whatever and tell them not to be proud of their season. Coming within one game of the CWS is an accomplishment and I think it's perfectly reasonable for OU fans to have celebrated it on Soonerfans.com last year and for OSU fans to celebrate it on go pokes or whatever this year.

But don't come over here expecting a pat on the back when you'll be doing the same thing this week that we'll be doing.

PrideTrombone
6/11/2007, 02:17 PM

Must suck to lose to our "D" game, huh? :pop:

OSUAggie
6/11/2007, 02:30 PM
But you were saying you got beat because of your inability to pitch. That's wrong. You got beat because of your inability to hit their pitchers.

You got throttled because of your inability to pitch.

ok... You're right, our inability to hit got us beat as well...

Sorry I didn't mention that initially.

When you give up over 30 runs in a 3-game series, pitching kind of sticks out...

OSUAggie
6/11/2007, 02:31 PM
Must suck to lose to our "D" game, huh? :pop:

eh, it's just something you get used to.

TopDawg
6/11/2007, 02:33 PM
you get a BS penalty call that forces a 4th-and-15

Just for the record, that was Lee Corso who told you that it was a BS call. And while the video certainly made it look like a BS call, the way it all played out makes a reasonable person think that there was something that happened that we didn't see on replay. When they showed that sideline shot, the tussle you saw on screen was right as the play was ending, but if you listen to the play-by-play, the flag doesn't come out until well after the play is blown dead. That OSU player had to have done something completely boneheaded that we didn't see on video to get that flag.

But, even if it was still a BS call, you would've only been faced with 1st-and-15 if you would've been able to pick up just one yard on 3rd down with the best college running back ever. Alas, you couldn't.

TopDawg
6/11/2007, 02:34 PM
When you give up over 30 runs in a 3-game series, pitching kind of sticks out...

Understandably. I can see how, as a fan watching the games, that would stick out the most. I really didn't catch much of the games...just the highlights and part of the 3rd game...and I was shocked more at how Louisville silenced your bats. I mean, that's what got you there.

OSUAggie
6/11/2007, 02:41 PM
Well... Yeah.

The bats were always just kinda there... In Fayetteville, other than game 2, we were scoring 6 runs a game, which was still a few below our average for the season, but the key was we got good-enough pitching throughout that ordeal.

I don't know, this team was weird. Like, they weren't cocky about **** until they got a lead, whereas in the past 25 years or whatever an OSU team would just be a bunch of cocky pricks that felt like they'd go out there and rip your **** for 9 innings (even though they choked a lot).

With this team, they had to jump out early to have that confidence, and if something went wrong defensively, they curled up like little bitches. There was just no confidence in the pitching staff and that made the hitters shaky, I thought.

Oh well, it's over. We'll be in a similar situation next year to what you guys faced this year.

Taxman71
6/11/2007, 05:33 PM
The difference is that Gary Ward would get in your grill while Anderson still has urine stains in his pants after confronting Sunny Golloway last year.

Sooner24
6/11/2007, 06:26 PM
This is what I thought of watching the game yesterday.

http://www.hsus.org/web-files/protect_seals/2005_hunt/184x265_2005_HSUS_seals_clubbing.jpg

goingoneight
6/12/2007, 01:54 AM
But GundyBall is right around the corner.

AimForCenterMass
6/13/2007, 12:32 AM
I'm just glad an Oklahoma team made it so far into the CWS. We have a lot of great baseball being played here in Oklahoma and I, for one, am not going to let a rivalry between two schools prevent me from enjoying one of the greatest sports in existence.

I was watching the OSU/U of L game intentively and I was sad to see them go out the way they did. I was rooting for the Pokes but NOTHING could calm those Lousiville sticks. Man, those guys were on fire.