PDA

View Full Version : Mr. Barry Bonds - Here's To You:

VeeJay
6/10/2007, 04:51 PM
Simply, you couldn't carry Hammering Hank's water. You, sir, are derelict of the game. Why is there no building elation and excitement over your pursuit of the ill begotten home run record? Because you are the Anti-Christ of baseball. You, sir, represent all that is wrong in professional sports, integrity, honesty, self worth, and humanity itself. It is impossible to like you or cheer for you. BOOO.

This is the very spot where Braves reliever Tom House caught Hank's #715. It lies in the parking lot of present day Turner Field. This is THE record.

http://img30.picoodle.com/img/img30/8/6/10/tyler99/f_Hanks715thm_a9619f0.jpg

85Sooner
6/10/2007, 05:19 PM
slap

sooneron
6/10/2007, 06:17 PM
It's really too bad that he resorted to the roids- he would have been remembered as a great baseball player (not beloved) but probably a better player than Aaron. Now, not so much.

Rogue
6/10/2007, 06:29 PM
What BB represents that is wrong with sports today is that his big asshead and his big assbankaccount continue growing because the fans keep supporting both of these big assthings.

Jimminy Crimson
6/10/2007, 06:41 PM

Gotta check that out when I went to the ATL for the Final Four in '02.

Newbomb Turk
6/10/2007, 07:13 PM
It's really too bad that he resorted to the roids- he would have been remembered as a great baseball player (not beloved) but probably a better player than Aaron. Now, not so much.

bingo. The guy was an awesome player pre-roids. I think he just got caught up in the McGwire/Sosa HR race and it ****ed him off that he wasn't in the limelight - so he had to do something about it.

Sooner in Tampa
6/11/2007, 05:47 AM
BB and steriods have ruined a game that I loved so much as a kid...and I hate all of the players for doing it. It is so bad that everytime a player has a "great" season with big HR numbers...we hall have to wonder if he is using the "roids" or "HGH" and that is the biggest reason that I have all but forgotten about baseball.

dolemitesooner
6/11/2007, 07:59 AM
Simply, you couldn't carry Hammering Hank's water. You, sir, are derelict of the game. Why is there no building elation and excitement over your pursuit of the ill begotten home run record? Because you are the Anti-Christ of baseball. You, sir, represent all that is wrong in professional sports, integrity, honesty, self worth, and humanity itself. It is impossible to like you or cheer for you. BOOO.

This is the very spot where Braves reliever Tom House caught Hank's #715. It lies in the parking lot of present day Turner Field. This is THE record.

How is what is wrong with integrity blah blah blah....He never cheated.
Roids were not against the rules of baseball and maybe you shoudl start looking at baseball itself ...The owners and mangers knew this was going on for years and no one said anything about it.

Barry without roids may have still broken the record ...look at the stats and try to arguee that. He is one of the greatest players of all time

sanantoniosooner
6/11/2007, 08:19 AM
Bonds deserves the biggest * they can find

1stTimeCaller
6/11/2007, 08:21 AM
no, he is not. He is a great player but not one of the greatest.

He cheated.

dolemitesooner
6/11/2007, 08:22 AM
no, he is not. He is a great player but not one of the greatest.

He cheated.
How did he cheat? HE DID NOT CHEAT

dolemitesooner
6/11/2007, 08:23 AM
Bonds deserves the biggest * they can find
For what

Being a .300 hitter
For doing what the rest of the league is doing

Or because he is black

yermom
6/11/2007, 08:27 AM
yeah, it's because he's black, you've gotten to the heart of the problem

racists, all of you

dolemitesooner
6/11/2007, 08:28 AM
No one wanted hank to break the record because he was black

They keep trying to hold us down and its a bunch of bull ****

stoopified
6/11/2007, 08:29 AM
Personally I DON"T like Bonds but until he actually tests positive for steroids I think it is a waste of breath to codemn him.IF you condemn Bonds ,what about all the other ALLEGED cheaters in the Hall of Fame?Mickey Tettleton who spent many years as a catcher in the major leagues says he caught two HOF pitchers who CUT the baseball.

My point is that if you are going to target CHEATERSfirst prove it and second target all CHEATERS past and present.EVERYONE knows Gaylord Perry doctored the ball but no one cares and there are other examples of players using unfair advantages to suceed so why is Bonds the only being targeted?Personally I think it is because he is an A$$HOLE not just because he is an alleged rule breaker.

IMHO ignoring a players accomplishments because he is an A$$HOLE is just wrong.IF you can PROVE he juiced then attack him but then you have to go after ALL rule breakers.Does everyone one really want that big of a SH!TSTORM?

yermom
6/11/2007, 08:30 AM
the sad thing is that the rest of his crap is pretty much true. that **** wouldn't fly in the NFL with all the drugs tests

the fact is that baseball needed people to be bigger, stronger, faster to set records and make people outside of Boston and New York give 2 ****s about the game, so they just kinda looked the other way

sooner_born_1960
6/11/2007, 08:32 AM
I think dolemite is arguing that he didn't break any rules, even if he was roiding.

dolemitesooner
6/11/2007, 08:36 AM
Personally I DON"T like Bonds but until he actually tests positive for steroids I think it is a waste of breath to codemn him.IF you condemn Bonds ,what about all the other ALLEGED cheaters in the Hall of Fame?Mickey Tettleton who spent many years as a catcher in the major leagues says he caught two HOF pitchers who CUT the baseball.

My point is that if you are going to target CHEATERSfirst prove it and second target all CHEATERS past and present.EVERYONE knows Gaylord Perry doctored the ball but no one cares and there are other examples of players using unfair advantages to suceed so why is Bonds the only being targeted?Personally I think it is because he is an A$$HOLE not just because he is an alleged rule breaker.

IMHO ignoring a players accomplishments because he is an A$$HOLE is just wrong.IF you can PROVE he juiced then attack him but then you have to go after ALL rule breakers.Does everyone one really want that big of a SH!TSTORM?
Your right the only people who dont like barry are people who don't like Barry.

I took a long hard look at the guys stats the other day. Many have said he got on the roids right before he hit 73 ...he wanted to prove that if he roided like mark and sosa he would be the best ......If you give him just 40 that year and he never gets hurt for that whole season because he came off of the roids he would be right there with hank still.....THE GUY HAS BEEN WALKED 800 MORE TIMES THAN HANK AND PLAYED 2 LESS FULL SEASONS ..STFU

Sooner in Tampa
6/11/2007, 08:36 AM
I think dolemite is arguing that he didn't break any rules, even if he was roiding.That is a flawed arguement at best...STERIODS ARE ILLEGAL!!! You cannot get around that fact...you CANNOT take steriods unless you have a perscription!!!! So BB broke the law. PERIOD

dolemitesooner
6/11/2007, 08:38 AM
I think dolemite is arguing that he didn't break any rules, even if he was roiding.
YEP......He started taking them because he is a headcase....and he was beng out shined by others who were taking them....

I never said bonds was a god guy ...because he is not ..He is a spoon fed baby...but he is the Only player ever to go 500stolen 500 hrs

He is one of the greatest

dolemitesooner
6/11/2007, 08:39 AM
That is a flawed arguement at best...STERIODS ARE ILLEGAL!!! You cannot get around that fact...you CANNOT take steriods unless you have a perscription!!!! So BB broke the law. PERIOD
How many of your great hero sport stars have smoked ...weed ...Last I heard its against the law too

dolemitesooner
6/11/2007, 08:40 AM
That is a flawed arguement at best...STERIODS ARE ILLEGAL!!! You cannot get around that fact...you CANNOT take steriods unless you have a perscription!!!! So BB broke the law. PERIOD

Do you win because you put a PERIOD at the end

Sooner in Tampa
6/11/2007, 08:41 AM
Do you win because you put a PERIOD at the endNo, I don't win...you can't win on a message board :rolleyes:

dolemitesooner
6/11/2007, 08:43 AM
No, I don't win...you can't win on a message board :rolleyes:
LOL.:D

God job not responding on the whole......other drugs being illegal thing....SEE i WIN PERIOD

Sooner in Tampa
6/11/2007, 08:43 AM
How many of your great hero sport stars have smoked ...weed ...Last I heard its against the law tooOK...so what's the point there ? I don't have great hero sports stars.

dolemitesooner
6/11/2007, 08:46 AM
ALOT OF THEM HAVE DONE DRUGS THATS ILLEGAL...YOU SOULD START PREACHING AGINST THEM.....

oHH ALSO GOOD JOB JUST DODGING AND SAYING YOU ARE NOT A FAN OF ANYONE ...OR AT LEAST TAKING TIME TO THINK OF WHAT YOU THINK ARE CLEAN GUYS....

hey you do know that uppers were huge in the league until they recenlty got added to the test list also....CAL RIPKEN USED UPPERS to stay awake and see the ball better

Sooner in Tampa
6/11/2007, 08:50 AM
ALOT OF THEM HAVE DONE DRUGS THATS ILLEGAL...YOU SOULD START PREACHING AGINST THEM.....

oHH ALSO GOOD JOB JUST DODGING AND SAYING YOU ARE NOT A FAN OF ANYONE ...OR AT LEAST TAKING TIME TO THINK OF WHAT YOU THINK ARE CLEAN GUYS....

hey you do know that uppers were huge in the league until they recenlty got added to the test list also....CAL RIPKEN USED UPPERS to stay awake and see the ball betterOK...again...show me where I have condoned any of the things you are arguing about. Show me where I am saying that it is allright to smoke weed, take uppers, or any other drug for that matter. You are the one making excuses because BB did something illegal.

My stance is a very simple one...If you cheat, do illegal drugs, or bring discredit to your sport...SEE YA!!! You are given a 'right' to play these games, it is a gift and if you can't do the right way...you should be GONE.

dolemitesooner
6/11/2007, 08:54 AM
OK...again...show me where I have condoned any of the things you are arguing about. Show me where I am saying that it is allright to smoke weed, take uppers, or any other drug for that matter. You are the one making excuses because BB did something illegal.

My stance is a very simple one...If you cheat, do illegal drugs, or bring discredit to your sport...SEE YA!!! You are given a 'right' to play these games, it is a gift and if you can't do the right way...you should be GONE.
and I agree I don't approve of them using anything either.....But here is the thing....The league ignored it while the white man was on top..But when the angry black man starts using and breaking records the witch hunt began.

Its a doubel standerd and racist

Sooner in Tampa
6/11/2007, 08:57 AM
and I agree I don't approve of them using anything either.....But here is the thing....The league ignored it while the white man was on top..But when the angry black man starts using and breaking records the witch hunt began.

Its a doubel standerd and racistweak sauce...the race card sucks!!!! BB is breaking a record the is revered and loved (which happens to held by a black man) it is a matter of cheating the system.

I agree that baseball in general needs to be given a good deal of blame also, they turned their heads to this and allowed to happen...and shame on them for that!

dolemitesooner
6/11/2007, 08:59 AM
weak sauce...the race sucks!!!! BB is breaking a record the is revered and loved (which happens to held by a black man) it is a matter of cheating the system.

I agree that baseball in general needs to be given a good deal of blame also, they turned their heads to this and allowed to happen...and shame on them for that!
It was not loved when he did it....He recivced death threats daily....I grew up being told about babe ruth ..not hank

Sooner in Tampa
6/11/2007, 09:07 AM
It was not loved when he did it....He recivced death threats daily....I grew up being told about babe ruth ..not hankCome on doleo...that was an entirly different time and place. I am well aware of the adversity that Hank faced while he was breaking the record...in my book that makes his feat even greater. That also makes him a much bigger man.

dolemitesooner
6/11/2007, 09:10 AM
Come on doleo...that was an entirly different time and place. I am well aware of the adversity that Hank faced while he was breaking the record...in my book that makes his feat even greater. That also makes him a much bigger man.
Its not a differant time....Racism is still alive

Sooner in Tampa
6/11/2007, 09:11 AM
Its not a differant time....Racism is still aliveI don't deny that...but it is not even remotely close to as bad as it was when Hank was breaking the record.

dolemitesooner
6/11/2007, 09:13 AM
I don't deny that...but it is not even remotely close to as bad as it was when Hank was breaking the record.
Thats your opionon

Sooner in Tampa
6/11/2007, 09:15 AM
Thats your opiononYour right...tell that to the boys who "used" to play lacrosse for Duke University :rolleyes:

dolemitesooner
6/11/2007, 09:17 AM
Your right...tell that to the boys who "used" to play lacrosse for Duke University :rolleyes:
They are back and never got charged am I right?

yermom
6/11/2007, 09:20 AM
never charged? hardly...

how about kicked out of school before anything was even in trial

still, you are a moron. who said Hank Aaron was an "angry black man"?

i heard plenty about Hank Aaron as a kid, but Babe Ruth was a bigger icon

Sooner in Tampa
6/11/2007, 09:22 AM
They are back and never got charged am I right?:( dude...I guess you missed the entire story

dolemitesooner
6/11/2007, 09:22 AM
never charged? hardly...
Convicted sorry

dolemitesooner
6/11/2007, 09:25 AM
:( dude...I guess you missed the entire story
I red the whole thing.....listen just becuse you are ignorant of racism that still exicts doe snot mean that I am .

Rodger clemens ...you think he every took something ?

Well no one says anything ...and he is an *** ..its beacuse he is white

Eric Gange that mother ****er bulkerd up and broke the svaes record..anyone say anthing ...no he is white

Kyle farnsworth bulks up and becomes amazing bullpen guy....no onesay anything ...he is white

GrapevineSooner
6/11/2007, 09:57 AM
I think if somebody like Giambi were chasing Aaron's record, they might catch as much flak as Barry and certainly the same amount of flak if he acted like the a** Barry acts like.

Bonds is the only reason I can't bring myself to support the Giants as much as I support the Red Sox or Rangers.

VeeJay
6/11/2007, 10:28 AM
This argument that you're a racist if you're white and not in love with Barry Bonds - amounts to a load of horsesh!t.

Bonds has lied over and over about his steroid use. The evidence, cashed checks and testimony is there. We're to believe he bulked up in his late 30's and went on a tear knocking homers all over the place because he changed his diet and lifted weights?

Barry has had a very negative impact on the game and on its fans.

Why was race even brought into this in the first place? Going back, the original comment was comparing Barry to Hank. Hank is head and shoulders above the Giant's clown.

WTF is racist about that???

dolemitesooner
6/11/2007, 10:34 AM
This argument that you're a racist if you're white and not in love with Barry Bonds - amounts to a load of horsesh!t.

Bonds has lied over and over about his steroid use. The evidence, cashed checks and testimony is there. We're to believe he bulked up in his late 30's and went on a tear knocking homers all over the place because he changed his diet and lifted weights?

Barry has had a very negative impact on the game and on its fans.

Why was race even brought into this in the first place? Going back, the original comment was comparing Barry to Hank. Hank is head and shoulders above the Giant's clown.

WTF is racist about that???
You wanna compare stats before you think he went on roids ..becasue those dont matter...right? lol bonds owns his face

OSUAggie
6/11/2007, 11:04 AM
Kyle farnsworth bulks up and becomes amazing bullpen guy....no onesay anything ...he is white

heh, when was Farnsworth amazing bullpen guy?

-----------------------------------

Bonds is the greatest player in the history of the game. The idea that his numbers are or were inflated because of cheating is ridiculous because he's never been proven as a cheater. It's a goddamn witch hunt and they haven't proved **** on him.

He's an *******? Why? Because he doesn't suck off the media or fans like he 'should'? You ever think if these public entertainment figures would develop his attitude or something like it, the news stations might focus on *gasp* news stories? I think he's quite refreshing ...

The only legit argument against his #'s would be something regarding the expansion era, although that one's pretty weak, too, due to the influx of foreign players and population growth in the US.

Everyone will remember him for his HR #'s, and that's fine, but the image of him as a player should be of one that is a 40-40 guy where he was the dominant NL player for a 15-year period.

1stTimeCaller
6/11/2007, 11:12 AM
First off, someone doctoring the ball doesn't force others to harm their bodies to stay employed like steroids have.

That's the problem with steroids, there was a time in baseball where you damn near had to take them to make the team.

Why was Barry out for an entire season? Steroids have cost MLB in all of the downtime on the IR these clowns have spent due to steroid related injuries. Ligaments and tendons have a hard time keeping up with muscles when you are on the juice.

IMO doctoring the ball is as much a part of the game as throwing at a batter or rushing the mound.

Using steroids has no place in the game and those that have used them are cheaters. Simple.

Newbomb Turk
6/11/2007, 11:24 AM
The idea that his numbers are or were inflated because of cheating is ridiculous because he's never been proven as a cheater. It's a goddamn witch hunt and they haven't proved **** on him.

have you read the SI story on Bonds? True, he hasn't been caught, but there isn't any doubt in my mind he's a cheater. Just like McGwire - the white guy.

Beef
6/11/2007, 11:37 AM
Eric Gange that mother ****er bulkerd up and broke the svaes record..anyone say anthing ...no he is Canadian.
Fixed. Everyone loves the Canadians.

OSUAggie
6/11/2007, 11:46 AM
have you read the SI story on Bonds? True, he hasn't been caught, but there isn't any doubt in my mind he's a cheater. Just like McGwire - the white guy.

Yah, i've read it. And the 53 ESPN Mag stories, and the 500 Chronicle stories a week, etc. And people wonder why he's so ****ed all the time?

Mixer!
6/11/2007, 11:46 AM
Rodger clemens ...and he is an *** ..its beacuse he is white
No, doleo - it's because HE'S A Hook 'em !!!

Scott D
6/11/2007, 11:49 AM

I'll throw out Bonds' accomplishments when you throw out Clemens' accomplishments.

It's no mistake that his head grew at the same rate Barry's did. And it's pretty interesting he likes waiting until more than 1/3 through the season now to begin playing since they've started testing.

colleyvillesooner
6/11/2007, 12:16 PM
http://img200.imageshack.us/img200/5849/thatsracistdk6.gif

Sooner in Tampa
6/11/2007, 12:54 PM
I'll throw out Bonds' accomplishments when you throw out Clemens' accomplishments.

It's no mistake that his head grew at the same rate Barry's did. And it's pretty interesting he likes waiting until more than 1/3 through the season now to begin playing since they've started testing.I am all for it...if Clemens used roid's **** him too. Like I said, I don't care who it is...they roided, they should get the shoe and all of their records should be banished.

dolemitesooner
6/11/2007, 01:30 PM

It's no mistake that his head grew at the same rate Barry's did. And it's pretty interesting he likes waiting until more than 1/3 through the season now to begin playing since they've started testing.
thank you scott

Scott D
6/11/2007, 02:17 PM
I am all for it...if Clemens used roid's **** him too. Like I said, I don't care who it is...they roided, they should get the shoe and all of their records should be banished.

Truthfully you're probably best served throwing out every season between 96-06, for every single player in the game.

sanantoniosooner
6/11/2007, 02:25 PM
This is a sad discussion. They entire sport of baseball it tainted.

Bond is tainted, and comparing pot to roids is such a reach it's hardly worth addressing.

One is a recreational drug that is used away from the game.

One is a performance enhancing drug used specifically to excel at the game.

Barry's color has no bearing.

The fact that he has been an a-hole his whole career does influence public opinion.

dolemitesooner
6/11/2007, 02:58 PM
This is a sad discussion. They entire sport of baseball it tainted.

Bond is tainted, and comparing pot to roids is such a reach it's hardly worth addressing.

One is a recreational drug that is used away from the game.

One is a performance enhancing drug used specifically to excel at the game.

Barry's color has no bearing.

The fact that he has been an a-hole his whole career does influence public opinion.
Weed IS ILLEAGAL AND IT CAN BE COMPARED. Players all over the league take it and use and pass drug tests but no one cares....BUT ITS AGAINST THE LAW.
Barry's color does have bearing......the old ****s that control the media as well as baseball itself are all racist ****s....no its not like the 60's but it is still around.

THE ****ING * THING IS A JOKE.

Scott D
6/11/2007, 04:27 PM
Weed IS ILLEAGAL AND IT CAN BE COMPARED. Players all over the league take it and use and pass drug tests but no one cares....BUT ITS AGAINST THE LAW.
Barry's color does have bearing......the old ****s that control the media as well as baseball itself are all racist ****s....no its not like the 60's but it is still around.

THE ****ING * THING IS A JOKE.

Race isn't near as big a factor as you make it out to be. Sure there are crackpots out there sending Barry death threats over the matter. However, the dirty cloud of steroids has come back to haunt Mark McGwire who can't get a job as a hitting instructor with any team, and the media is using it to keep him out of the HOF (at this time).

GrapevineSooner
6/11/2007, 05:03 PM
There are a few writers who have publically stated they will not vote for any potential HOF'er from this era, regardless of who gets nominated.

sanantoniosooner
6/11/2007, 05:03 PM
The "racist" crap is stupid.

When Blake got fired many said the same thing about OU. Of course, I'm not sure how he got hired in the first place if there was racism involved.

Pot =/= steroids. Unless you have a better argument than "they're both illegal", Dole, it isn't selling. Cuban cigars are illegal too. I wonder how many have smoked those. And did it help them clear center field?

Sooner in Tampa
6/11/2007, 06:34 PM
When all else fails and there are no way to win an argument:

http://hiphoprepublican.com/uploaded_images/cmracecard-720561.jpg

:rolleyes:

Sooner in Tampa
6/11/2007, 06:39 PM
Truthfully you're probably best served throwing out every season between 96-06, for every single player in the game.I am down with that.

Scott D
6/11/2007, 06:40 PM
I changed my mind. we can eliminate 96-04. I'm selfish and keeping 05 as a "clean" year :D