6/10/2007, 07:10 AM
http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=2899315

Stellar kids.

Flagstaffsooner
6/10/2007, 07:28 AM
Whorns making a run for the Fulmer Cup.

jk the sooner fan
6/10/2007, 08:08 AM
something comes to mind about glass houses.....

XingTheRubicon
6/10/2007, 08:57 AM
Joseph is second Longhorns player arrested this month

AUSTIN -- Texas safety Robert Joseph was jailed Saturday on two misdemeanor charges of burglary of a vehicle and has been suspended indefinitely by the Longhorns.

Joseph, 19, was booked around 4:30 a.m. and remained in Travis County Jail late Saturday on $6,000 bond. He was arrested after running from a security guard who found Joseph sitting in a car that didn't belong to him at a downtown hotel, according to his arrest affidavit.

"We are aware of the recent situation with Robert Joseph," Texas head coach Mack Brown said in a statement. "We've talked with Robert and his family and have decided to suspend him indefinitely, pending the completion of the legal process. At this time, he will not be involved in any team functions."

Joseph is the second Texas player arrested this month. On June 1, junior defensive end Henry Melton was arrested and charged with misdemeanor driving while intoxicated.

According to the arrest affidavit, Joseph was spotted in a car by an off-duty Austin police officer working security at a hotel parking garage. Joseph told the officer the car belonged to a friend, but then fled as the officer tried to verify the owner's identity.

A short time later, Joseph was arrested after the officer found him sitting in another car, the affidavit states.

"Hopefully, we'll find that the reason behind this didn't involve criminal behavior," Jamie Balagia, the judge who sits on the 40 yard line, told the Austin American-Statesman.

Joseph, a sophomore, played in seven games last season but missed the last six with a shoulder injury. He had 14 tackles as a backup safety and special teams player.

OKC-SLC
6/10/2007, 10:18 AM
Texas can bite my azz.

Widescreen
6/10/2007, 10:24 AM
Texas sucks. Always.

But I agree with jk. Believe it or not, one of our kids will likely do something similar during his time at OU.

SoonerFrance
6/10/2007, 10:44 AM
Nothing good ever happens after 2:00 in the morning.

Scott D
6/10/2007, 11:04 AM
[mack brown]We've learned that this young man suffers from dementia. We are now making sure he gets the treatment he needs and will remain a valued member of the Longhorn family.[/mack brown]

:rolleyes:

101sooner
6/10/2007, 11:51 AM
Heh. He got cought by a security guard.

Collier11
6/10/2007, 12:07 PM
Nothing good ever happens after 2:00 in the morning.

Ive met a few girls that wanted to come home with me around 2am back in the day...plenty good happens at 2am if you arent actling like an idiot:D

OKC-SLC
6/10/2007, 12:22 PM
plenty good happens at 2am if you arent actling like an idiot:D
especially if the price is right ;)

goingoneight
6/10/2007, 03:58 PM
[SIZE="3"]

[B]"Hopefully, we'll find that the reason behind this didn't involve criminal behavior," Jamie Balagia, the judge who sits on the 40 yard line, told the Austin American-Statesman.

"The judge who sits on the 40-yard line," eh? Why do these whoren types insist they are smart when they leave in stupid stuff like this.

:mack: The judge, who just so happens to be one of our biggest boosters, made certain nothing was wrong. :rolleyes:

XingTheRubicon
6/10/2007, 08:54 PM
"The judge who sits on the 40-yard line," eh? Why do these whoren types insist they are smart when they leave in stupid stuff like this.

:mack: The judge, who just so happens to be one of our biggest boosters, made certain nothing was wrong. :rolleyes:

I may have embellished part of that.

it was actually his attorney that said that

utex74
6/10/2007, 10:47 PM

None of us know what the hell this guy was thinking. All the signs of being really messed up. Sitting in other peoples' cars, getting caught by an off duty APD officer working as a security guard, then he goes and sits in another car?

Mack met with him and his parents and he is suspended indefinitely. At first glance someone doing stuff that stupid does not deserve to be on the team but I am not willing to write anyone off based on news reports alone.

It does seem that we suddenly (past two years) have a rash of this stuff happening and I, for one, am ready for it to stop. Is a midsummer "get your acts together" meeting against NCAA rules?

goingoneight
6/10/2007, 11:44 PM
Thanks XTR, you have successfully assisted me in looking like a DA. :D

I just don't get why kids do this stuff. And I'm not claiming to be perfect. I'm not a whole lot older than these guys still playing. If someone told you right out of high school you could play for OU, UT or [insert any other college football powerhouse here], why the hell would you do something to jeopardize that? Especially the ones who have an NFL career ahead of them. Don't you want to make a good anme for yourself? Do you really want to deface the program that took you in?

Here's hoping the guy learns his lesson, somehow.

insuranceman_22
6/11/2007, 01:46 AM
At least Mack can look on the bright side, maybe his players have finally stopped smoking so much weed and moved on to bigger and better things!

Herr Scholz
6/11/2007, 11:00 AM
[mack brown]We've learned that this young man suffers from dementia. We are now making sure he gets the treatment he needs and will remain a valued member of the Longhorn family.[/mack brown]

:rolleyes:
Maybe Mack can call Bob and find out how to get a redshirt year for him ala Dusty.

Flagstaffsooner
6/11/2007, 11:36 AM
6 Fulmer cup points (http://www.everydayshouldbesaturday.com/?p=3499)

fwsooner22
6/11/2007, 11:40 AM
Dusty was beating up "friends" while intoxicated. Your boy steals cars. Not sure which one is worse in this day and age. I know that I was invloved in one of these things (during college) and I have NEVER stolen a car. Stealing cars is not a normal college function. Now, getting drunk and getting in fights, well, that is simply required for graduation.

The delusion that Horn fans have of their "squeaky clean" program surely has taken a beating in the last couple of years.

Scott D
6/11/2007, 11:52 AM
Maybe Mack can call Bob and find out how to get a redshirt year for him ala Dusty.

He shouldn't need to with the Texas court system.

Beef
6/11/2007, 11:57 AM
None of us know what the hell this guy was thinking. All the signs of being really messed up. Sitting in other peoples' cars, getting caught by an off duty APD officer working as a security guard, then he goes and sits in another car?
Maybe he thought the steering wheel was a donut and needed some man icing.

Herr Scholz
6/11/2007, 12:31 PM
I'm not condoning what Joseph did, but the quip about Mack Brown was a little much, especially considering Dusty's ridiculous redshirt that Stoops got, which just happened to coincide with a period when OU had little depth at DT.

Glass houses.

TheHumanAlphabet
6/11/2007, 12:37 PM

Who happens to be an off-duty Austin Police officer.

TheHumanAlphabet
6/11/2007, 12:41 PM
As jk says...

I wonder what DA thing one of our kids may do in the future...

The DUI, ehh, youth.

Now I regularly go and sit in a car I have no idea who the owner is and especially at 2 am...
"I'm Brian Fellows and that's Crazy!"

Scott D
6/11/2007, 12:53 PM
I'm not condoning what Joseph did, but the quip about Mack Brown was a little much, especially considering Dusty's ridiculous redshirt that Stoops got, which just happened to coincide with a period when OU had little depth at DT.

Glass houses.

You don't need to worry about redshirts, so long as your boys manage to steer clear of ending up in the courtroom of an A&M grad.

fwsooner22
6/11/2007, 01:06 PM

Glass houses.

I certainly see the correlation between Dusty, a redshirt and a car thief........Reach.....Dusty was removed from the team lets see what happens to your boy and quit worrying about glass houses and Dusty.....:D :D

Herr Scholz
6/11/2007, 01:45 PM
You don't need to worry about redshirts, so long as your boys manage to steer clear of ending up in the courtroom of an A&M grad.
Seeing as how aggy doesn't have a law school, I think we're safe. ;)

Herr Scholz
6/11/2007, 01:46 PM
I certainly see the correlation between Dusty, a redshirt and a car thief........Reach.....Dusty was removed from the team lets see what happens to your boy and quit worrying about glass houses and Dusty.....:D :D
Car thief? More likely just stealing stuff out of the cars. There was a celebrity event there at the Omni that night.

47straight
6/11/2007, 01:56 PM
Seeing as how aggy doesn't have a law school, I think we're safe. ;)

I couldn't decide whether to answer with:

Too bad sand aggy's got a law school.

or

Too bad aggy ran the UT law school last year as student body president.

fwsooner22
6/11/2007, 02:17 PM
Car thief? More likely just stealing stuff out of the cars. There was a celebrity event there at the Omni that night.

Oh well.....that changes everything.......forget I ever said anything......dude only wanted the stereo not the car............

TexasLidig8r
6/11/2007, 02:17 PM
If the facts support the allegations, he needs to be gone, for good.

A little Roger Goodell treatment may be just what not only this team, but, college football needs.

fwsooner22
6/11/2007, 02:22 PM

A little Roger Goodell treatment may be just what not only this team, but, college football needs.

We like to call that "the Bomar Treatment" around here!!!!!!!!!!!;)

Herr Scholz
6/11/2007, 02:44 PM
Oh well.....that changes everything.......forget I ever said anything......dude only wanted the stereo not the car............
Well, considering he's facing two misdemeanor charges and not grand theft auto, you might want to avoid the hyperbole. Big, big difference.

fwsooner22
6/11/2007, 02:47 PM
Well, considering he's facing two misdemeanor charges and not grand theft auto, you might want to avoid the hyperbole. Big, big difference.

Maybe to you...........I feel the same about the guy who broke into my car as I do about the guy who stole it. No disrespect, but aren't you missing the point here? ;)

Herr Scholz
6/11/2007, 02:54 PM
I'm not condoning what he did in the least. Just pointing out that calling him a car thief isn't accurate.

Collier11
6/11/2007, 03:17 PM
I'm not condoning what he did in the least. Just pointing out that calling him a car thief isn't accurate.

I live in Norman Oklahoma in a good part of town, or so I thought. Trust me when I tell you that after I had my truck broken into twice and my roommate once, had two cd players stolen, my window busted out once, and a brand new window tint ruined, I view it as the same as if they just stole the thing. It is selfish, irresponsible, pathetic behavior and it cost me hundreds of dollars while the POS that did it never got caught!!! I hope this punk gets punished to the fullest extent, it is hard enough to prosecute these kind of cases cus it is so hard to catch these guys. If he did it, give him all you can punishment wise!

fwsooner22
6/11/2007, 03:24 PM

Fine - I stand corrected the dude is not a car thief.........He is a vandal, window smasher, stereo stealer, sun glasses thief, wallet thief, radar detector thief, and a punk, but he is not a car thief.....that would make him a bad guy!;)

TheHumanAlphabet
6/11/2007, 03:38 PM
Naww, he was only sitting in the car. It was already like that when he went to sit in it...;)

Big Game Bob
6/11/2007, 03:46 PM
Whether he broke into the car to steal something or intended to steal the whole damn thing - we are splitting hairs here. RJ's actions are deplorable and cannot be defended in any way. I love no team more than my Horns and hate no team more than the Sooners, but I will say that any Horn fan that is trying to defend this is grasping at straws. I believe that everyone deserves their day in court, but this just looks bad no matter how you slice it. I love it when OU does something to draw negative attention to the team, so needless to say I have been highly amused lately. I do not, however, like this thuggish-*** behavior going on at Texas and certainly hope that Mack and Co. puts an end to it quickly.

BlondeSoonerGirl
6/11/2007, 03:54 PM

That'll get you banned as long as I'm here.

You've been warned.

Scott D
6/11/2007, 04:29 PM
That'll get you banned as long as I'm here.

You've been warned.

I heard he also said that Dusty hates kittens and bites the heads off of them, especially taco bell eating kittens. :mad:

utex74
6/11/2007, 05:23 PM
Dusty was beating up "friends" while intoxicated. Your boy steals cars. Not sure which one is worse in this day and age. I know that I was invloved in one of these things (during college) and I have NEVER stolen a car. Stealing cars is not a normal college function. Now, getting drunk and getting in fights, well, that is simply required for graduation.

The delusion that Horn fans have of their "squeaky clean" program surely has taken a beating in the last couple of years.

Even dumber, he was just sitting in the cars. There is no mention of him attempting to steal them. He says he was hiding. I think he was really messed up on something.

Collier11
6/11/2007, 05:29 PM
You dont see the issue with this guy sitting in SOMEONE ELSE'S car?

utex74
6/11/2007, 05:35 PM
You dont see the issue with this guy sitting in SOMEONE ELSE'S car?

Yes, I do. It is breaking and entering, illegal and, if proven (without a damn good reason), I think RJ should probably be gone. Examples need to start being made and soon. This stuff has got to stop.

All I said is it was not auto theft. Gotta keep your crimes straight.

Collier11
6/11/2007, 05:40 PM
Here is the big diff IMHO and if this is not accurate let me know, while OU has had problems under Stoops they have been minor! The biggest issues were with Dusty D where Stoops kicked him off the team but allowed him to earn his way back on as long as he went through alcohol treatment(keep in mind that NO charges were filed). Bomars *** got kicked off of a pre-season #1 team a month before our first game for something that Troy Smith got a 2 game suspension for. Bob Stoops is much more proactive IMO and therefore Mack gets more of the criticism for not being as much about discipline as Stoops. Im all for second changes but it seems from afar that Mack doesnt make these offenders earn anything after getting in trouble. Agree or Disagree?

47straight
6/11/2007, 06:39 PM
The stupid factor must be considered.

This whorn broke into a second car after nearly getting caught for the first one.

That's impossibly dumb. Except that maybe he was completely drunk/stoned when he did it.

Then the difference is at least the lack of anyone willing to press charges. Unless it turns out that he was breaking into noted horn fans (herr did say it was a celebrity event) matt mconnahaughaugy or richard simmons.

Dio
6/11/2007, 07:22 PM
Maybe he was helping Ced look for his plasma?

"Nope, it ain't in this car, either!"

trwxxa
6/11/2007, 07:42 PM

Looks like there is some facts

http://www.chron.com/disp/story.mpl/headline/sports/4880298.html

I'm with ya on the Goodell treatment. If the NFL is going to put conditions on teams that draft kids with questionable backgrounds, so much so that the teams won't touch them, maybe the kids will straighten up.

soonerloyal
6/11/2007, 08:33 PM
"I'm tired of our guys getting in trouble - its embarassing. Coach needs to get control. Tired of hearing people telling me 'Book' em Horns'."

*dialing* Hello, Hard Edge Designs? I have a custom shirt order for October I'd like you to handle...

utex74
6/12/2007, 06:47 PM
Here is the big diff IMHO and if this is not accurate let me know, while OU has had problems under Stoops they have been minor! The biggest issues were with Dusty D where Stoops kicked him off the team but allowed him to earn his way back on as long as he went through alcohol treatment(keep in mind that NO charges were filed). Bomars *** got kicked off of a pre-season #1 team a month before our first game for something that Troy Smith got a 2 game suspension for. Bob Stoops is much more proactive IMO and therefore Mack gets more of the criticism for not being as much about discipline as Stoops. Im all for second changes but it seems from afar that Mack doesnt make these offenders earn anything after getting in trouble. Agree or Disagree?

There is definitely a difference in style between Mack and Stoops but the situations are different, too. Mack suspended the guy and then let him announce he was transferring. No one thinks that was voluntary. Stoops publically booted Bomar but he really had to given the possible ramifications of what he did. In the same circumstances I think Mack would have taken public action, too. So maybe it's not so different.

For most rule/law violations you don't need to publically flog a guy. I'm sure both Mack and Stoops are very effective in "dealing" with an issue within the team and making an example for the people that matter. The other team members. And most of UT player violations have been minor, too unless you want to find them guilty by association, not that they shouldn't keep away from guys who mess with drugs. The most serious ones, Ramonce comes to mind, took place months after they left the team, voluntarily or not.

Both teams are trying to manage a group of highly strung hormone pumped teenagers+ and some crazed boosters that will do anything to pretend they are part of the action. So far, I think both schools are doing as well as can be expected.

Now, about that favorable rating I seem to have gotten lately. A UT fan simply cannot defend having a favorable rep on a sooner board so will someone say something incredibly stupid so I can wail on them and get knocked back down? I got a rep to think about. :D

47straight
6/12/2007, 06:58 PM
Which UT satellite school is he transferring to?

utex74
6/12/2007, 07:12 PM
Which UT satellite school is he transferring to?

TBA, but maybe he'll go to SHSU. They seem like a good rehab program.

usmc-sooner
6/12/2007, 07:31 PM
my opinion is Mack isn't a dirty coach. This crap happens at all schools. Arguing over who committed the worst crime is stupid. I'll let Mack handle UT's business and Bob handle OU's and let the chips fall where they may.

Collier11
6/12/2007, 08:10 PM
my opinion is Mack isn't a dirty coach. This crap happens at all schools. Arguing over who committed the worst crime is stupid. I'll let Mack handle UT's business and Bob handle OU's and let the chips fall where they may.

I def. dont think Mack is a dirty coach, from everything I have seen and heard he is a great man with a lot of personality. His only fault may be that he is too easy at times but that really cant be proven because we dont see what happens on the inside of the program