6/8/2007, 06:15 PM
Now on Cox.

BigRedJed
6/8/2007, 06:18 PM
WTF?

OUstudent4life
6/10/2007, 02:56 PM
It's about dang time.

'of course, this is making my OTA tuner I got for my last birthday more and more obsolete. Now, if KOCO/Hearst and Cox can get together...

I really thought Sinclair and Cox wouldn't ever reach a deal. I wonder what did it?

SleestakSooner
6/10/2007, 03:07 PM
It's about dang time.

'of course, this is making my OTA tuner I got for my last birthday more and more obsolete. Now, if KOCO/Hearst and Cox can get together...

I really thought Sinclair and Cox wouldn't ever reach a deal. I wonder what did it?

I don't know what did the trick but I called KOCO TV today to make an informal complaint about them being the ONLY high profile local station that now does not allow Cox to broadcast their signal.

When you call in there is a "special" message they have put up for those calling about getting channel 5 on Cox HD. They have some whiney biatch crying about Cox not giving them a fair offer for the broadcast rights to something they spend "millions" of dollars to send out.

They also claim that Cox is already charging us for this broadcast. Funny, I haven't seen my Cox bill change. They do charge a flat rate for the overall HD package. But they do not charge for a specific channel in HD unless you count HBO and Showtime. Bottom line... let me worry about what Cox is charging me for.

The funny part about this is they already send out this HD signal for free to ANYONE that is within range and who has purchased and installed a HD antennae. This is just a case of corporate greed on the part of KOCO and their ownership.

They should come to an amicable agreement, stop asking Cox to give them millions of dollars and make their viewers happy, at least those who have HD televisions and use Cox as a provider. I am not about to install a HD antennae on the roof of my house just to get that one channel in HD.

BigRedJed
6/10/2007, 03:12 PM
You can probably get a perfectly good HD signal for KOCO OTA with an inside antenna. The gripe that I have is that there isn't a way to DVR that. I live by my DVR, so I just watch the frickin' non-HD signal on digital cable.

SleestakSooner
6/10/2007, 03:44 PM
You can probably get a perfectly good HD signal for KOCO OTA with an inside antenna. The gripe that I have is that there isn't a way to DVR that. I live by my DVR, so I just watch the frickin' non-HD signal on digital cable.

Eggggsacree, and no I was not able to get a good signal with an indoor antenna here in the middle of Norman, they told me I would need a rooftop one. We got rid of that thing about twenty years ago. Trying to upgrade here not revert to my childhood days.

Frozen Sooner
6/10/2007, 04:24 PM
Must be nice.

Fox isn't even broadcasting digital up here yet, much less HD. Neither is ABC. CW? Forget it.