PDA

View Full Version : Wha....

TUSooner
6/8/2007, 11:36 AM
Spek to the first person who can say what this is about:

"That's not clever from Ramdin, mis-timing a pull and spooning Sidebottom straight down KP's neck at square-leg. Sidebottom's dander is well and truly up - debutant Sammy gets a bumper first ball and Ryan follows through and growls at him - strange chap. Sammy is off the mark with a single."

Frozen Sooner
6/8/2007, 11:37 AM
cricket

Sooner in Tampa
6/8/2007, 11:40 AM
cricket:eek:

Frozen Sooner
6/8/2007, 11:42 AM
What's really sick is I kinda know what some of that meant.

Square-leg is an area in the outfield.

I think Sammy is up as batsman for the first time and got a single on the first bowl from Ryan.

Sooner in Tampa
6/8/2007, 11:46 AM
Ok...please explain "spooning Sidebottom straight down"

Frozen Sooner
6/8/2007, 11:47 AM
Yeah, that one I'm at a loss on.

BigRedJed
6/8/2007, 11:48 AM
I think they are remarking on how unusually good his teeth are.

Sooner in Tampa
6/8/2007, 11:52 AM
"spooning Sidebottom" + GIS =
http://newsimg.bbc.co.uk/media/images/41073000/jpg/_41073024_yousuf203.jpg

WITH SafeSearch ON!!!!

soonerinabilene
6/8/2007, 12:57 PM
Jessie Jackson giving a commencement. Do i win?

HskrGrl
6/8/2007, 01:53 PM
http://img134.imageshack.us/img134/2640/franksidebottom2005decembermn5.jpg

WITHOUT SafeSearch ON!!!! :D

OUinFLA
6/8/2007, 02:46 PM
meh, I get emails like that all the time.
I dont ever click on the links though.

TUSooner
6/8/2007, 03:07 PM
Mr. Rich is spot on
I don't understand but maybe half of it but there's plenty more prime stuff like that at
http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/cricket/england/6733183.stm

The bottom line (not to be confused with England bowler Ryan Sidebottom) is that England scored 370 in their 1st "innings" and the West Indies had a chance to top it but suddenly slumped and all 10 batters were put out after scoring only 229. England started their second innings and scored 34, losing only 1 wicket (that is, one batter out) before "stumps" which is the what they call the end of play for the day.

It's pretty obvious that the commentators are drinking on the job, and some of their comments are on the egde of taste :D Jolly good, what?

TUSooner
6/8/2007, 03:09 PM
Ok...please explain "spooning Sidebottom straight down"
I'm not even sure if it's bad or good. :O

Scott D
6/8/2007, 04:53 PM
Mr. Rich is spot on
I don't understand but maybe half of it but there's plenty more prime stuff like that at
http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/cricket/england/6733183.stm

The bottom line (not to be confused with England bowler Ryan Sidebottom) is that England scored 370 in their 1st "innings" and the West Indies had a chance to top it but suddenly slumped and all 10 batters were put out after scoring only 229. England started their second innings and scored 34, losing only 1 wicket (that is, one batter out) before "stumps" which is the what they call the end of play for the day.

It's pretty obvious that the commentators are drinking on the job, and some of their comments are on the egde of taste :D Jolly good, what?

Man...English commentators are the best. Every single color commentator we have in the states sucks compared to even their low end guys.

It's no mistake that the most liked guys on the PGA broadcasts are from the UK. And nobody has a more colorful range of superlatives than Goltv's Ray Hudson when he's calling a soccer match.

And 90% of them don't have to worry about being PC in any way, shape, or form.

royalfan5
6/8/2007, 04:55 PM
Man...English commentators are the best. Every single color commentator we have in the states sucks compared to even their low end guys.

It's no mistake that the most liked guys on the PGA broadcasts are from the UK. And nobody has a more colorful range of superlatives than Goltv's Ray Hudson when he's calling a soccer match.

And 90% of them don't have to worry about being PC in any way, shape, or form.
Do you have watch Fan view or whatever it's called on Fox Soccer channel when they put a fan from each side in the booth. Now that's entertainment.

Scott D
6/8/2007, 04:56 PM
Do you have watch Fan view or whatever it's called on Fox Soccer channel when they put a fan from each side in the booth. Now that's entertainment.

yeah, it's at it's most entertaining when one team is dominating, and the fan of that team (usually chelsea or manu) gets more and more intolerably condescending of the other team.

could you imagine how unwatchable it'd be if they put a Boston and New York fan in to do that with a baseball game.

royalfan5
6/8/2007, 05:00 PM
yeah, it's at it's most entertaining when one team is dominating, and the fan of that team (usually chelsea or manu) gets more and more intolerably condescending of the other team.

could you imagine how unwatchable it'd be if they put a Boston and New York fan in to do that with a baseball game.
That thought pretty much makes me shudder.

Scott D
6/8/2007, 05:04 PM
some Ray Hudson-isms.

"As electrifying as a hair dryer thrown into a hot tub, my friend. Absolutely breathtaking! It puts the Haitian Voodoo rattle on this one. When he finishes -- oh! Like Betamax, they do not make them like him anymore! What more can you say? An extraordinary goal by an extraordinary player! That will send these people into their dreams tonight thinking of heavenly things. Absolutely bamboozles his defender with this virtuoso goal and little blondy says I wanna be like him. I doubt it very much. Look at this, gets all of his angles right, sets it up for himself. Cygan is just a spectator, looks down at him and says, 'That's not human.' And it is not. It is superhuman." -- November 2006, Barcelona versus Villareal, after Ronaldinho scored a spectacular overhead kick

“Without penetration, it’s just masturbation, and right now, we’re playing with ourselves.”

"As I said, there's classic games like there's classical music... there's orchestrators like Mozart who were above everything. Well, this game for me has been above everything. This has been one not for the ages, not for all time -- beyond that! This was one you hang in the Louvre and say, 'You want to see a football game...', this one should be sent to the Martians and say, 'This is what human nature can provide.' This has been theatrical beyond belief and they're still going at it!" -- describing the final moments of the Barcelona v. Real Madrid superclassico, March 10, 2007

"Barcelona have been constipated in front of goal. It's like a 3 pound chicken trying to lay a 4 pound egg." -- referring to Barcelona's 2-0 defeat to Villareal on April 22, 2007

"Now, what is that? Look at that! It looks like a broken window, man! Listen, if that stand was an animal, it would be a kangaroo! Look at the state of it! It's like, it's neither fish nor fowl! I'm not talking about the facility, the facility's fine. The roof! Look at it! It is a joke! It looks like somebody built it like a Lego! It looks like it's been built by two Irish carpenters that said, 'I've cut it twice, and it's still too short!' It doesn't fit! I mean, it looks like it's been connected by Lego parts! It's going to be a great facility, there's no question, Colorado's going to be proud of it, truly fabulous! But the roof, man. Lord, give us a proper roof!"

and one of my favorites

"He needs to be on his tippy-toes, like a midget at a urinal."

TUSooner
6/8/2007, 08:50 PM
some Ray Hudson-isms.
{Etc.}
and one of my favorites

Must clean Diet Dr. Pepper from keyboard; be right back

OUHOMER
6/8/2007, 08:57 PM
I thought it was something do with the old show OZ

soonerboomer93
6/8/2007, 09:15 PM
http://img134.imageshack.us/img134/2640/franksidebottom2005decembermn5.jpg

WITHOUT SafeSearch ON!!!! :D

so you're looking for boobies again, eh?