PDA

View Full Version : Maybe I'm screwed up in the head, but...

Okieflyer
6/7/2007, 12:36 PM
I finally agree with something Al Sharpton had to say.:eek:

SHARPTON BLASTS JUSTICE SYSTEM (http://www.drudgereport.com/flash5.htm)

Reverend Al Sharpton, President of National Action Network, and one of the country's foremost leaders for civil rights, is blasting the justice system for what appears to be favoritism in the early release of Paris Hilton.

"Though I have nothing but empathy for Ms. Hilton whom I have met and appeared with on Saturday Night Live the night I hosted in 2003, this early release gives all of the appearances of economic and racial favoritism that is constantly cited by poor people and people of color. There are any number of cases of people who handle being incarcerated badly and even have health conditions that are not released.

I have served several sentences for civil rights and civil disobedience actions and I even fasted which caused health concerns to prison authorities who paid for a doctor to come see me daily rather than release me. This act smacks of the double standards that many of us raise

I think I had better go lay down.:(

Frozen Sooner
6/7/2007, 12:42 PM
Wait, a pretty rich white girl gets favorable treatment?

I'm shocked. SHOCKED!

Mjcpr
6/7/2007, 12:43 PM
Wait, a pretty rich white girl gets favorable treatment?

I'm shocked. SHOCKED!

Jed says she's not pretty.

StoopTroup
6/7/2007, 12:46 PM
If anyone is going to keep this media train rolling...

It's Paris...

Now that she got released early...this should start another media barrage...

Okieflyer
6/7/2007, 12:52 PM
If anyone is going to keep this media train rolling...

It's Paris...

Now that she got released early...this should start another media barrage...

Do you think we'll get to see the footage of her leaving the jail and getting into her limo?:eek:

Rhino
6/7/2007, 12:57 PM
I'm sure she wasn't the easiest person to be around during those three days, with the cocaine withdrawal and all.

jk the sooner fan
6/7/2007, 01:02 PM
apparently she wasnt eating either, i would bet with the media circus and everything else involved, the sheriff probably said 'F*** THIS, GO DO THIS IN YOUR OWN PLACE"

but yeah, the whole thing sucks in a major way

TheHumanAlphabet
6/7/2007, 03:57 PM
Sharpton has a point this time...

Newbomb Turk
6/7/2007, 05:38 PM
yes flyer - you are screwed up in the head.

;)

sanantoniosooner
6/7/2007, 05:49 PM
Blind squirrel.......nut

Sun shines.........Dog's a$$

Broken clock.......right twice a day

1TC.............use commode

Newbomb Turk
6/7/2007, 05:53 PM
sas.............funny

sanantoniosooner
6/7/2007, 06:11 PM
Newbomb Turk.............straight

Newbomb Turk
6/7/2007, 06:12 PM
Newbomb Turk.............straight

there you go dreaming again.

;)

soonerboomer93
6/7/2007, 06:14 PM
apparently she wasnt eating either, i would bet with the media circus and everything else involved, the sheriff probably said 'F*** THIS, GO DO THIS IN YOUR OWN PLACE"

but yeah, the whole thing sucks in a major way

so cool, if I ever end up in jail, I just won't eat and then I can go home

:rawk:

Okla-homey
6/7/2007, 06:35 PM
Reading between the lines, I'm virtually certain her lawyers told her, "Paris, let's pass on the 'pay jail' option. You buck-up and go to county with the rabble, then we'll be able to leverage your willingness to face your responsibility by doing 'hard time' when you could have taken the easier route after you begin to complain of some non-specific medical problem. See Paris, county is overcrowded. All we need is some cooked-up malady to make a great case for your reassignment to house arrest."

...and for that, they will probably get paid several hundred thousand dollars.

soonerboomer93
6/7/2007, 07:30 PM
apparently the judge and the D.A. are a little upset about this...

olevetonahill
6/7/2007, 07:37 PM
Who cares ?
The Yainch is on house arrest for 40 days right ?
She cant go any where do anything . , And the county aint paying a dime fer her security and vittles and such:cool:

Scott D
6/7/2007, 08:17 PM
nah but we're probably paying for her herpes outbreak.

Oldnslo
6/7/2007, 08:30 PM
She makes it hard to root for her. If she'd just had a big mug of STFU and done her time, she could have afterward talked about what a learning experience, etc, it was, and generated some postive momentum.

As it is, she's a rich bitch who is getting a free ride. The backlash is going to be uglier than Paris pre-nose job.

And just because Sharpton is right in this instance doesn't mean he still isn't a tool.

VeeJay
6/7/2007, 08:35 PM
Older white guys usually have heart attacks in these situations.

Soonerus
6/7/2007, 09:30 PM
Sharpton is a fricken loud-mouthed, sensationalistic fool...

olevetonahill
6/7/2007, 10:33 PM
Sharpton is a fricken loud-mouthed, sensationalistic fool...
Hes a Lawyer , PLUS a preacher dude ?:eek:

jk the sooner fan
6/7/2007, 10:35 PM
sharpton is a lawyer? i'm not sure about that

stoopified
6/8/2007, 08:13 AM
I'm sure she wasn't the easiest person to be around during those three days, with the cocaine withdrawal and all.
:(

sooner_born_1960
6/8/2007, 08:19 AM
He was presented with an honorary degree from A.P. Clay Bible College.
I gues that could be an honorary law degree, but I doubt it.

stoopified
6/8/2007, 08:54 AM
It has little to do with her color but more to do with MONEY.Same thing with OJ,where was Sharpeton to protest that travesty of justice?That is just the way our justice system works anymore,if yo got enough money you can slide through anything.