PDA

View Full Version : Chancey Aghayere

jccouger
6/7/2007, 11:52 AM
With the recent signings of Joseph Ibiloye and Casey Walker who both play in Garland, Texas (Ibiloye plays at Garland south) does this make our chances better of landing Aghayere? Does anybody know if he is close with Ibiloye or Walker?

Rhino
6/7/2007, 12:07 PM
It might improve our chances, but I wouldn't say significantly. He's a national recruit who's been a Texas lean for awhile (I think his parents are Texas Exes). But, he sounds like he's waning on Texas...so that's good.

insuranceman_22
6/7/2007, 10:34 PM
True Rhino....I think his blood may not be Orange, finger's crossed! He'd been an incredible add to this class! I doubt the other 2 signings will have much impact with him also.

melbitoast
6/7/2007, 11:07 PM
If I'm not mistaken, Aghayere plays DE right next to DT Walker @ Garland? I would think that would be a pretty cool deal to play big time college ball right next to the guy you played high school ball with.

melbitoast
6/7/2007, 11:12 PM
Additional encouraging news about Chancey waning from Texas
http://story.scout.com/a.z?s=73&p=2&c=649478

The Texas Longhorns have made it no secret that Chancey Aghayere is their top remaining target, and rightfully so. Without a defensive end commitment in the 2008 class and the controversy surrounding Henry Melton, the depth at the position is looking pretty thin. Aghayere talked visits with Inside Texas. His junior day visit may have been his last to Austin.

Last month, Garland defensive end Chancey Aghayere said that he was planning on attending Texas’ summer camp on June 10th, but the visit is now up in the air.

“I was planning on it, but it just depends on if my mom is able to bring me down there or not,” Aghayere replied when asked if he was still planning on attending summer camp at UT.

For Longhorn fans, this is not particularly good news, but it gets worse. Aghayere’s junior day visit back in February may have been his last to the 40 Acres.

“I’m going to try and make it, but if I don’t, I’m just going to go off what I saw when I went to their junior day,” Aghayere added.

Aghayere recently narrowed his list to Texas, Oklahoma, Florida, LSU, Louisville and Notre Dame. He has already visited UT and OU on junior day visits and has set up an official visit to Florida from September 7th through the 9th. He hasn’t planned any more visits at this point in time but may try to take a couple trips with Garland teammates.

“Me and Jacques (Caldwell) are planning on going to Louisville, and me and Casey (Walker) are planning on going to one of the OU camps,” Aghayere said.

Lately, it’s been tough for college coaches to get in touch with Aghayere because of his work schedule. However, he has talked to several members of the SEC coaching community recently.

“Nobody really,” Aghayere replied when asked who had been in contact the most. “I’ve been working the last few weeks

The Consumate Showman
6/7/2007, 11:43 PM
It would greatly surprise the folks that I know if he came to OU...regardless of what was said in that interview. If there is something you can hinge it on if he waits past the season, it will be who comes out on top in the Big XII South and just how far off LSlUser and Urban fall off with all their NFL losses.

MojoRisen
6/8/2007, 09:49 AM
Walker needs to start Recruiting now!!!

LSUdeek
10/13/2007, 11:29 AM
Committed to LSU this morning.

http://lsu.rivals.com/barrier_noentry.asp?sid=&script=content.asp&cid=726131&fid=&tid=&mid=&rid=

RUSH LIMBAUGH is my clone!
10/18/2007, 11:57 AM
Committed to LSU this morning.

http://lsu.rivals.com/barrier_noentry.asp?sid=&script=content.asp&cid=726131&fid=&tid=&mid=&rid=Better you guys than the whorns.