PDA

View Full Version : That girl that was murdered in MO

Penguin
6/7/2007, 11:41 AM
Her name was Kelsey Smith. Did anybody see the video of her at Target?

Now, I don't mean to say that she brought this on herself. But, she was a beautiful young girl wearing a tiny tank top and hoochi shorts.

Please, ladies, don't bring any unwanted attention to yourself! You're not only attracting normal red-blooded American men, you're also attracting perverts and murderers.

Just running to the store? Throw on a loose t-shirt and baggy shorts. Thank you. That is all.

SoonerStormchaser
6/7/2007, 11:43 AM
As tragic as this is...you're right.

BU BEAR
6/7/2007, 11:43 AM
I think appropriate dress is important for a lot of reasons, but I am not sure that anyone deserves to be murdered. The responsible party is the thug that killed her and no one in addition to that thug.

colleyvillesooner
6/7/2007, 11:47 AM
This won't end well.

yermom
6/7/2007, 11:49 AM
she probably had a tramp stamp too, that's like a bull's eye

crawfish
6/7/2007, 11:54 AM

Dang you. I'm trying not to laugh. :mad:

Penguin
6/7/2007, 12:31 PM
Oh, I guess it was in Kansas. My bad.

85Sooner
6/7/2007, 12:58 PM
That guy should be fried!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sooner in Tampa
6/7/2007, 01:02 PM
This won't end well.
:pop:

soonervegas
6/7/2007, 01:49 PM
She was a cutie, but I don't think short shorts is an invite to murder. Good girls dress like that all the time.....

SoonerAcesUp
6/7/2007, 03:44 PM
I just don't know how nobody saw the whole thing firsthand. She had to have been screaming her head off so it seems like someone should have seen it or heard. I feel sick to my stomach just looking at the guy.

goingoneight
6/7/2007, 07:44 PM
You can't really tell someone what to wear, it's a quetion of how sensible she is in person. These things don't normally cross peoples' minds. The better thing to do is to educate children better in home and in school the difference between what's wrong and what's right. Discipline them, don't come up with excuses for what they do or "diabilities" or "diseases." You're not born a perv, you're raised one. I can't tell you that I ever heard in all my years of school, one single lecture on how to treat a lady or a lecture on what is morally right and wrong.
Thank God, my parents thought to tell me. My family has been a blessing in that sense.

KC//CRIMSON
6/7/2007, 08:11 PM
I just don't know how nobody saw the whole thing firsthand. She had to have been screaming her head off so it seems like someone should have seen it or heard. I feel sick to my stomach just looking at the guy.

Unless he had a weapon on her and she was totally silent and or in shock.

VeeJay
6/7/2007, 08:39 PM
If dressing provocatively is an invitation to bad things happening, well, I'm thinking of Brittany and Paris flashing poon for the world to see.

soonerboomer93
6/7/2007, 08:39 PM

yeah, and I hear it said "kidnap me" in chineese (but she though it said hottie)

and i bet ya she has one of them their evil belly piercings...

olevetonahill
6/7/2007, 08:50 PM
Ive been dressin provocatively all my life hoping to be abducted by hot chicks , and Forced to perform sexual favors for em .

OCUDad
6/7/2007, 08:54 PM
Ive been dressin provocatively all my life hoping to be abducted by hot chicks , and Forced to perform sexual favors for em .How's that workin' out for you, Vet?

olevetonahill
6/7/2007, 09:00 PM
How's that workin' out for you, Vet?
Hasnt yet :mad:
But I havnt given up hope :D

soonerboomer93
6/7/2007, 09:11 PM
maybe you need to work on your definition of provocative :D

VeeJay
6/7/2007, 09:15 PM
I don't think anyone wants to see OleVet flashin' poon.

olevetonahill
6/7/2007, 09:17 PM
maybe you need to work on your definition of provocative :D
Are ya trying to say the Red under ware with the drop seat aint gonna get it ?:eek:

OKC-SLC
6/7/2007, 09:20 PM
Ive been dressin provocatively all my life hoping to be abducted by hot chicks , and Forced to perform sexual favors for em .
maybe you need to work on your definition of hot.

or chicks?

Soonerus
6/7/2007, 09:22 PM
She was dressed like every other teenager these days...its insanity to blame her...sheer misplaced bull****...you are wrong....btw, there is already a prior thread on this matter...

soonerboomer93
6/7/2007, 09:25 PM
and Rus knows insanity...

soonerboomer93
6/7/2007, 09:26 PM
Are ya trying to say the Red under ware with the drop seat aint gonna get it ?:eek:

:hot:

Soonerus
6/7/2007, 09:27 PM
I know how insane it is to blame a helpless victim like this...crazy and annoying...

soonerboomer93
6/7/2007, 09:28 PM
it's ****ing rediculous....

but you know, girls can't dress certain ways, cause if they show some skin, they must be a whore....:rolleyes:

Soonerus
6/7/2007, 09:32 PM
Man, you are over the line don't you believe in letting a child who was horribly murdered rest in peace, you are not funny at all....

soonerboomer93
6/7/2007, 09:39 PM
there's added the rolleyes

since it was a sarcastic statement...

olevetonahill
6/7/2007, 09:40 PM
Man, you are over the line don't you believe in letting a child who was horribly murdered rest in peace, you are not funny at all....
Russell this Is the SO Nothing is sacred here .:eek:
So YU wimmins help me out here
It seems My Bib overalls with the red flannle undies an a drop seat getting me attacked . Any advice ?

SoonerGirl06
6/7/2007, 09:46 PM
It seems My Bib overalls with the red flannle undies an a drop seat getting me attacked . Any advice ?

Thongs... totally.

Soonerus
6/7/2007, 09:47 PM

Some things are sacred everywhere...horrendous murder of a child is sacred even in SO...no excuse, show a little conscious...

olevetonahill
6/7/2007, 09:48 PM
Thongs... totally.
Thongs ? with the Bibs and Drop seat . Ya sayin i shouldnt be wearing My boots ?:eek:

SoonerGirl06
6/7/2007, 09:48 PM

Now, I don't mean to say that she brought this on herself. But, she was a beautiful young girl wearing a tiny tank top and hoochi shorts.

Please, ladies, don't bring any unwanted attention to yourself! You're not only attracting normal red-blooded American men, you're also attracting perverts and murderers.

Just running to the store? Throw on a loose t-shirt and baggy shorts. Thank you. That is all.

Are you F*CKING kidding me? :mad:

SoonerGirl06
6/7/2007, 09:49 PM
Thongs ? with the Bibs and Drop seat . Ya sayin i shouldnt be wearing My boots ?:eek:

Forget the Bibs and Drop set. Keep the thongs and the boots.

olevetonahill
6/7/2007, 09:51 PM
Some things are sacred everywhere...horrendous murder of a child is sacred even in SO...no excuse, show a little conscious...
See My earlier posts .
Yes its terrible.
If it was My Daughter /Granddaughter /. That ****er would DIE a very slow and Pain full death .

olevetonahill
6/7/2007, 09:53 PM
Forget the Bibs and Drop set. Keep the thongs and the boots.
I said I wanted to get Molested and Stuff . Not killt !:eek:

SoonerGirl06
6/7/2007, 09:54 PM
I said I wanted to get Molested and Stuff . Not killt !:eek:

Just add a bottle of moonshine and you'll be set!

:D :D

Soonerus
6/7/2007, 09:56 PM
See My earlier posts .
Yes its terrible.
If it was My Daughter /Granddaughter /. That ****er would DIE a very slow and Pain full death .

Yeah, I know "A Time To Kill" and I agree with that comment....

olevetonahill
6/7/2007, 10:00 PM
Just add a bottle of moonshine and you'll be set!

:D :D
We so gotta hook up . Dayum ur Gorgeous in that pic you sent me .;) :D

Soonerus
6/7/2007, 10:07 PM
Are you F*CKING kidding me? :mad:

Penquin's comment is one of the dumbest things I have ever seen on Soonerfans...

VeeJay
6/7/2007, 10:09 PM
We so gotta hook up . Dayum ur Gorgeous in that pic you sent me .;) :D

OleVet - How do ya know it's SoonerGirl06?

olevetonahill
6/7/2007, 10:14 PM
OleVet - How do ya know it's SoonerGirl06?
Cause weve Met !:D :hot: :pop:

VeeJay
6/7/2007, 10:19 PM
Well..I reckon I'm at a disadvantage over here on teh East Coast.

So how much ya want for a pic of the gal?

olevetonahill
6/7/2007, 10:31 PM
Well..I reckon I'm at a disadvantage over here on teh East Coast.

So how much ya want for a pic of the gal?
My Baby aint fer sale :mad:
And from now on refer to her as a LADY .:cool:

Penguin
6/7/2007, 10:35 PM
Ah, well. I thought this was some common sense advice.

Here's some more to get stirred up about:

Lock your front door when you're not home.
Don't drive through bad neighborhoods at night.
Women shouldn't swim in the ocean when they're on the rag.
Keep your wallet in your front pocket when in a crowd.
Don't leave your drink unattended when at a bar.

Now, if you don't do these things and something horrible happens to you, I'm not saying that you deserve it.

Of course, it's NOT your fault if something bad happens.

It was the dirtbag's fault who broke in and took your tv.
It was that punk's fault that he carjacked you.
It was that shark's fault that it bit your leg.
It was that pickpocket's fault that he took your wallet.
It was that pervert's fault that he dropped a drug in your drink.

Seriously. Does anyone follow what I am trying to say?

Soonerus
6/7/2007, 10:37 PM
Yes, be smart and careful but it doesn't explain a child abducted and brutally murdered....

SoonerGirl06
6/7/2007, 10:42 PM

Now, if you don't do these things and something horrible happens to you, I'm not saying that you deserve it.

Yeah... I'm following what you're saying... especially in your first post and I'm thinking it's pretty ****ty.

It doesn't matter what the hell a woman wears, if a man wants to rape and murder her, he's going to rape and murder her.

VeeJay
6/7/2007, 10:50 PM
My Baby aint fer sale :mad:

Puh-leeze!!!!

RacerX
6/7/2007, 10:52 PM
Penquin's comment is one of the dumbest things I have ever seen on Soonerfans...

And that is saying something because you've seen everything you've posted.

Soonerus
6/7/2007, 10:54 PM
And that is saying something because you've seen everything you've posted.

Second dumbest ever quote on Soonerfans....

olevetonahill
6/7/2007, 10:54 PM

Yup I smell what yur steppin in .
But If I leave a 100 bill on my front porch . Does that mean the Maggot should steal it ? :eek:
Hell No It means the Maggot is takin his life in his hands .

picasso
6/7/2007, 10:56 PM
Yeah... I'm following what you're saying... especially in your first post and I'm thinking it's pretty ****ty.

It doesn't matter what the hell a woman wears, if a man wants to rape and murder her, he's going to rape and murder her.
I understand both arguments but a girl or a woman who is dressed with too much skin showing is certainly going to bring out the bad guy in the really bad guys.

just sayin.

Soonerus
6/7/2007, 10:58 PM
I understand both arguments but a girl or a woman who is dressed with too much skin showing is certainly going to bring out the bad guy in the really bad guys.

just sayin.

Isn't there a child exception to this extreme idea ???

SoonerGirl06
6/7/2007, 11:01 PM

just sayin.

What about little girls that are playing in their front yard, or elderly women sleeping in their beds? Their certainly not doing anything to bring out the bad guy in the really bad guys.

Penguin
6/7/2007, 11:04 PM
Where does this idea about a child come from? She was 18.

picasso
6/7/2007, 11:06 PM
What about little girls that are playing in their front yard, or elderly women sleeping in their beds? Their certainly not doing anything to bring out the bad guy in the really bad guys.
well no ****.

the point is sometimes a little too much skin might set one off.

sure as hell does not help.

Soonerus
6/7/2007, 11:07 PM
Where does this idea about a child come from? She was 18.

Have you had any female children, at 18 they are still very immature and childish...this girl was 2 weeks from high school graduation...not mature and worldly except in their own minds...

OU Adonis
6/7/2007, 11:08 PM
I can see where some say she was showing "too much skin" but really all she was wearing was shorts and showing her tummy.

We are a bunch of prudes if thats slutty. If she was walking around in a sheer shirt where you could see her fun bags in all of their glory, now thats askin' for it.

Still, a woman (or anyone) should feel safe going to target.

picasso
6/7/2007, 11:09 PM
Have you had any female children, at 18 they are still very immature and childish...this girl was 2 weeks from high school graduation...not mature and worldly except in their own minds...
so what's your point?

All I got from the initial post that was dressing with less clothing seems to draw more attention.
I'm not saying anyone deserves it.

geesh people.

SoonerGirl06
6/7/2007, 11:10 PM
well no ****.

the point is sometimes a little too much skin might set one off.

sure as hell does not help.

And my point is that it doesn't matter what a female is wearing... the guys mental instability is what's going to set him off.

OU Adonis
6/7/2007, 11:11 PM

No more immature than an 18 year old boy, and we send them off to fight wars.

She didn't deserve it.

Soonerus
6/7/2007, 11:12 PM
so what's your point?

All I got from the initial post that was dressing with less clothing seems to draw more attention.
I'm not saying anyone deserves it.

geesh people.

No it clearly was intended to suggest the blame rested with young the victim, which is asinine in spades....

OU Adonis
6/7/2007, 11:13 PM
All I am saying is we should roast the bastard. The last thing I want is innocent people killed.

Not to mention women wearing more clothes...

picasso
6/7/2007, 11:13 PM
And my point is that it doesn't matter what a female is wearing... the guys mental instability is what's going to set him off.
yeah, if he's got it for someone or is stalking.

otherwise if it's just random he might just pick the chick with the tightest set of clothes.

call me crazy.

it's like walking by the window in a shoe store. is this logic that hard to understand?

anyway, it is sad and there are some weirdos at the local Target here.

Soonerus
6/7/2007, 11:14 PM
No more immature than an 18 year old boy, and we send them off to fight wars.

She didn't deserve it.

Maybe you missed something in the last 20 years , we send 18 year old girls off to fight wars too...that's irrelevant to this issue...

picasso
6/7/2007, 11:14 PM
No it clearly was intended to suggest the blame rested with young the victim, which is asinine in spades....
I agree if that was the case. I didn't see it that way but I'm tired too.

Soonerus
6/7/2007, 11:16 PM

Read it again, how could you draw any other conclusion...very ignorant...

picasso
6/7/2007, 11:18 PM
Read it again, how could you draw any other conclusion...very ignorant...
because I'm not you.

just a guess.

Soonerus
6/7/2007, 11:22 PM
because I'm not you.

just a guess.

I am absolutely outraged and annoyed by the insensitive suggestion by Penguin, you are obviously free to draw your own conclusions, but I still wonder if you have had kids because it helps to focus on this crap...

olevetonahill
6/7/2007, 11:27 PM
Dayum skippy :mad:

SoonerGirl06
6/7/2007, 11:29 PM
Being a woman I'm going to see a different side to all of this than most of the men posting on this thread.

I could post more examples of how or why I disagree with most of what is being said about the clothes women wear and the implications when worn, but instead I'm going to bow out of this discussion before I become more upset and say something I might regret.

Soonerus
6/7/2007, 11:30 PM
I suppose every woman or female child who is wearing a swim suit is subtlety asking to be abducted brutally and murdered...nice logic...

picasso
6/7/2007, 11:36 PM
holy ****. I am not saying it was her fault she got abducted and killed. do I need to type slower????????????????????

what I gathered from the initial post was a plea to not draw attention to yourself so as to not have this happen to you too!

I would suggest simply not going about to these places alone.

Soonerus
6/7/2007, 11:38 PM
holy ****. I am not saying it was her fault she got abducted and killed. do I need to type slower????????????????????

what I gathered from the initial post was a plea to not draw attention to yourself so as to not have this happen to you too!

So women henceforth have to travel in pairs in contemporary United States...I don't freakin think so....

picasso
6/7/2007, 11:41 PM
So women henceforth have to travel in pairs in contemporary United States...I don't freakin think so....
geeze are you retarded or something? it was a suggestion to perhaps keep safe.

contemporary United States. the hell is that place at?

Blue
6/7/2007, 11:41 PM

NO THEY DON'T. HE'S JUST SAYING THAT YOUR CHANCES OF SOMETHING HAPPENING GOES UP IF YOU DO GO ALONE.

GEESH!

Soonerus
6/7/2007, 11:42 PM
I think some of you guys are morons...your premise is soooooo ill-conceived...

picasso
6/7/2007, 11:44 PM
I think some of you guys are morons...your premise is soooooo ill-conceived...
sorry for trying to help.

have fun going off the deep end.

Soonerus
6/7/2007, 11:47 PM
I am not off the deep end I am on solid ground, the moronic group will learn they are so off-base it is embarrassing that these types of themes were ever posted on this board...

picasso
6/7/2007, 11:50 PM
I am not off the deep end I am on solid ground, the moronic group will learn they are so off-base it is embarrassing that these types of themes were ever posted on this board...
so let me get this straight. I suggest that these girls not wear skimpy clothes and perhaps travel to the store at night with a friend or two and that is somehow crazy ill-conceived logic????

you ever get out of Norman any?

I'm just trying to help. I have a couple of young nieces and my future wife works with kids.

:rolleyes:

Blue
6/7/2007, 11:53 PM

Are you stoned? You're the only one talking in, "absolutes."

I think others are just making suggestions and asking questions. Lighten up, dude.

Soonerus
6/7/2007, 11:55 PM
What I thought no kids of your own...the abduction occurred during daylight and skimpy clothes is just false...btw, I have traveled all over the world ...are the women topless and nude sun bathers asking to be murdered ???? I don't think so, it is common in Europe and Even Miami with no rampant murders...You are just wrong bro....

Soonerus
6/7/2007, 11:56 PM

I think others are just making suggestions and asking questions. Lighten up, dude.

No, I am seriously offended by these wrongful and ignorant suggestions...

olevetonahill
6/7/2007, 11:58 PM

My point .
I dont care if the chick walks down the street Nekid, That is not an Invitation to get raped nor killed .
See My post about leavin a hunnert out !:mad:

Soonerus
6/8/2007, 12:00 AM
If you had a daughter this whole fact pattern would just break your heart...

Blue
6/8/2007, 12:01 AM
I don't agree that the way you look really contributes either. Hell, I hear all the time on the news here 90 yr old ladies being raped and killed. Sick ****s having sex w/ dead bodies. I do however recognize the original poster was just theorizing.

Soonerus
6/8/2007, 12:02 AM
I don't agree that the way you look really contributes either. Hell, I hear all the time on the news here 90 yr old ladies being raped and killed. Sick ****s having sex w/ dead bodies. I do however recognize the original poster was just theorizing.

Yes and it was bull**** theory....

olevetonahill
6/8/2007, 12:04 AM
If you had a daughter this whole fact pattern would just break your heart...
I do have a Daughter . 2 Grand daughters.
Most folk around here Know me . No ones gonna **** with em .:cool:

picasso
6/8/2007, 12:04 AM
What I thought no kids of your own...the abduction occurred during daylight and skimpy clothes is just false...btw, I have traveled all over the world ...are the women topless and nude sun bathers asking to be murdered ???? I don't think so, it is common in Europe and Even Miami with no rampant murders...You are just wrong bro....
so you've only got a say in this if you have kids???? again, who the hell said it's someones fault if you get raped because of what you're wearing.

I'm not going through my suggestions again just to perhaps help your brain function any better. and, sorry I missed when the abduction occurred.

again, you're a nutjob on several levels if you think I'm going to answer your nude bathing question.

holy **** man.

picasso
6/8/2007, 12:06 AM
No, I am seriously offended by these wrongful and ignorant suggestions...
so it's offensive to suggest young girls not dress scantily and travel in pairs so as to better protect themselves?

I'm truly sorry.

wow, I'm almost getting annoyed.

Soonerus
6/8/2007, 12:06 AM
so you've only got a say in this if you have kids???? again, who the hell said it's someones fault if you get raped because of what you're wearing.

I'm not going through my suggestions again just to perhaps help your brain function any better. and, sorry I missed when the abduction occurred.

again, you're a nutjob on several levels if you think I'm going to answer your nude bathing question.

holy **** man.

It is called insight and at some point you should be man enough to just admit you are off base and wrong...

picasso
6/8/2007, 12:10 AM
I think we both have the right intentions here. you're just being a little loopy.

no offense.

please give us some of your suggestions so as to avoid something terrible happening in the contemporary United States.

it's a bad place out there you know.

Soonerus
6/8/2007, 12:13 AM
I think we both have the right intentions here. you're just being a little loopy.

no offense.

please give us some of your suggestions so as to avoid something terrible happening in the contemporary United States.

it's a bad place out there you know.

I do not think a girl going to Target with shorts and a full shirt on is in any risk in the United States....the problem is the pervert 26 years old who was a predator, nothing to do with her dress...to suggest otherwise is assinine...

picasso
6/8/2007, 12:17 AM
I do not think a girl going to Target with shorts and a full shirt on is in any risk in the United States....the problem is the pervert 26 years old who was a predator, nothing to do with her dress...to suggest otherwise is assinine...
I agree totally. I think the point was that sometimes drawing attention to yourself is not a good idea. can we at least agree on that?

and, who said shorts and a full shirt? I said skimpy clothes. and it's out there, worn by many young young girls. are you blind to this trend?

Soonerus
6/8/2007, 12:18 AM
It turns out the murderer was a neighbor thus the act had nothing to do with clothing but a sick pre-meditated act of a neighbor...

OCUDad
6/8/2007, 12:20 AM
So when my daughter was a teen and went out of the house and I suggested she always have a friend with her and not go anywhere alone, that was a "wrongful and ignorant suggestion"? And when OCUMom would say things like "are you going out dressed like that?", it was wrongful and ignorant?

I don't see anyone suggesting it was the girl's fault that she was assaulted and murdered. I do see people concerned about kids' safety and making honest and helpful suggestions to minimize the risk of this kind of thing happening.

I agree 100% with those who say what a girl is wearing (or not wearing) should not be an invitation to violence. But you know what? There are dangerous loonies out there who disagree with us.

Whether we like it or not, there are crazies amongst us who, if they want to get your kid, can get your kid. As a father, I see nothing wrong with suggesting actions that make it less likely that they do so.

And just so we're clear: if they ignore your suggestions - which they often do - it's not their fault if something bad happens.

Blue
6/8/2007, 12:21 AM
What's funny is that you feel vindicated when nobody here disagreed on that possibility.

yikes.

picasso
6/8/2007, 12:23 AM
It turns out the murderer was a neighbor thus the act had nothing to do with clothing but a sick pre-meditated act of a neighbor...
agreed, but we're not just talking about the girl from Missouri here Rus.

Soonerus
6/8/2007, 12:27 AM
So when my daughter was a teen and went out of the house and I suggested she always have a friend with her and not go anywhere alone, that was a "wrongful and ignorant suggestion"? And when OCUMom would say things like "are you going out dressed like that?", it was wrongful and ignorant?

I don't see anyone suggesting it was the girl's fault that she was assaulted and murdered. I do see people concerned about kids' safety and making honest and helpful suggestions to minimize the risk of this kind of thing happening.

I agree 100% with those who say what a girl is wearing (or not wearing) should not be an invitation to violence. But you know what? There are dangerous loonies out there who disagree with us.

like it or not, there are crazies amongst us who, if they want to get your kid, can get your kid. As a father, I see nothing wrong with suggesting actions that make it less likely that they do so.

And just so we're clear: if they ignore your suggestions - which they often do - it's not their fault if something bad happens.

No problem but if your daughter went into the public with a revealed midrift would you expect her to be murdered, I don't think so...

Blue
6/8/2007, 12:30 AM
No problem but if your daughter went into the public with a revealed midrift would you expect her to be murdered, I don't think so...

What part of this quote from OCUDad do you not get?

"I do see people concerned about kids' safety and making honest and helpful suggestions to minimize the risk of this kind of thing happening."

picasso
6/8/2007, 12:31 AM
:rolleyes:

Soonerus
6/8/2007, 12:32 AM
You guys are just out of touch with reality and basic human rights of females....

OCUDad
6/8/2007, 12:33 AM
Do you practice being dense, or is that just your nature? Maybe you need someone to read these posts to you and translate to English. Do I expect her to be murdered? No. Is that at all relevant to the discussion? No.

And it's "midriff." Time to drag out your "make me look like a grown-up" spelling posse.

picasso
6/8/2007, 12:35 AM
You guys are just out of touch with reality and basic human rights of females....
hahahahahahahahaha!

damn that's priceless.

Soonerus
6/8/2007, 12:36 AM
Listen you guys are insensitive bastards, really embarrassingly so, spin it any frickin way you want caveman...

picasso
6/8/2007, 12:38 AM
Rus, man, really. who's ignoring a woman's rights here? I was just trying to suggest they keep safe.
do you think Joe Raper and Murderer gives two ****s about womens rights?

whew, maybe it's bedtime.

olevetonahill
6/8/2007, 12:39 AM
Listen you guys are insensitive bastards, really embarrassingly so, spin it any frickin way you want caveman...
Ya Know why wimmins Fake orgasms ?

Cause they think we Care .:D

Soonerus
6/8/2007, 12:39 AM
Go to bed then chumley...

Blue
6/8/2007, 12:40 AM

Sophisticated cavemen, thank you very much.

http://www.duncans.tv/images/geico-cavemen-restaurant.jpg

Go make me a sammich!

picasso
6/8/2007, 12:40 AM
I would but it seems like I'm a part of something special here.

Soonerus
6/8/2007, 12:41 AM
sorry this is not a joking matter...

Blue
6/8/2007, 12:44 AM
Where's the trumpets? The flags? The parade?

RUS STANDS UP FOR WIMMINS RIGHTS!

Give this guy a medal or plaque or something. He's lead us away from our ignorant, sexist ways!

picasso
sorry this is not a joking matter...
agreed.

yet someone keeps making it a bit square on one end.

OCUDad
sorry this is not a joking matter...I beg to differ. Every time you pipe up in a thread, it becomes a joke.

Soonerus
6/8/2007, 12:49 AM
Screw you guys you are insensitive bastards, you each are attempting to place blame on the victim whereas the murderer was a neighbor, 26 years old who obviously targeted her and killed her...and you try to joke about it...pathetic...

picasso
6/8/2007, 12:51 AM
I think Rus is just upset. which I have no problem with.

I do have a problem with your not understanding that we'd like this not to happen again.

Soonerus
6/8/2007, 12:55 AM
I am definetly upset...very disturbed and these suggestions that Kelsey was part of the problem just anger me to no end...

picasso
6/8/2007, 12:56 AM
I am definetly upset...very disturbed and these suggestions that Kelsey was part of the problem just anger me to no end...
then you should try to go back and read the comments slower this time.

it might help.

Blue
6/8/2007, 12:58 AM
Not that it's her fault at all, but if her friend was with her, would this have happened? Not to her that night, but maybe to her somewhere else. You can't guarantee safe in every situation. For future parenting precautions of course.

Disclaimer: In no way is Blue insinuating that it was this girls fault. He is merely throwing out a "what if." Blue hates murdering bastards. Blue loves and respects wimmins. Thank you.

Soonerus
6/8/2007, 12:59 AM
I have, please do not patronize me, a real lack of sensitivity shines through when you read all of the comments in this thread...

Soonerus
6/8/2007, 01:00 AM
Not that it's her fault at all, but if her friend was with her, would this have happened? For future parenting precautions of course.

Disclaimer: In no way is Blue insinuating that it was this girls fault. He is merely throwing out a "what if." Blue hates murdering bastards. Blue loves and respects wimmins. Thank you.

dumb unconnected comment...

OCUDad
6/8/2007, 01:03 AM
I am definetly upset...very disturbed and these suggestions that Kelsey was part of the problem just anger me to no end...Dumb unwarranted comment. Not one poster on this thread has suggested it was her fault. You just like to twist the meaning to allow yourself to become righteously outraged.

Soonerus
6/8/2007, 01:05 AM
Bull**** that is the whole theme of many of these posts, are you blind that is what annoys me to no end...

olevetonahill
6/8/2007, 01:09 AM
Screw you guys you are insensitive bastards, you each are attempting to place blame on the victim whereas the murderer was a neighbor, 26 years old who obviously targeted her and killed her...and you try to joke about it...pathetic...
So whats the Prob ?

Blue
6/8/2007, 01:11 AM
Penguin was the only one who came close to saying it.

You not getting everyone elses conversation is unbelievably mind-numbing.

Soonerus
6/8/2007, 01:12 AM
So whats the Prob ?

Wrongfully laying the blame on the victim, that's what's wrong...

olevetonahill
6/8/2007, 01:13 AM
Bull**** that is the whole theme of many of these posts, are you blind that is what annoys me to no end...
Bro If it upsets you so bad. Then Promise you will NEVER do that again !

Soonerus
6/8/2007, 01:15 AM
nolo comprehenda....

olevetonahill
6/8/2007, 01:15 AM
Wrongfully laying the blame on the victim, that's what's wrong...
How about wrongfully Laying the Blame On the suspect ?

Soonerus
6/8/2007, 01:19 AM
How about wrongfully Laying the Blame On the suspect ?

He's frickin guilty, neighbor 26 years old stalking her, caught on video...you can remain in denial as long as you want...the system requires a trial and attendant presumptions..., common sense is clear on the murderer...

SoonerGirl06
6/8/2007, 01:31 AM

I know I said that I would no longer enter into this discussion, but I can't help but really get upset over what Penguin wrote and what some of you guys are saying. IMO you're just not getting it.

I agree. Women need to take precautions and not put themselves into situations that may not be in their best interest... but come on...

Regarding Kelsey Smith: An 18 year old girl. Wearing skirt/shorts and a shirt, leaving Target in the early evening. How is this situation an unsafe environment? It's not. The man that abducted her was set on doing what it was he wanted to do to her. No matter what she was wearing, no matter where she was. He did this in broad daylight in a public area. He didn't care. His intentions were set and nothing was going to stop him.

Regarding Penguins comments: So women can't be attractive? If they are, they're setting themselves up to be harmed? We can no longer wear nice clothing and be fashionable as it might again bring us more harm? Hell, why don't we all just wear Burkas and then we won't have to worry about it. Yeah... that sounds reasonable. I'm sure your wives, girlfriends or daughters will totally go for that.

On a personal note: I've been out enjoying an evening with my friends, catching up on old times when a guy has approached me and made me feel very uncomfortable when he refused to accept my answer of "No" when he offers to buy me a drink. I don't dress in scantily clad clothing, seeking unwanted attention. On one occasion the manager had to have the man removed from the resturaunt because he started to become very aggressive. I was escorted to my car by the manager because of concern for my safety. IMO I did nothing to warrant this type of behavior from this guy.

Instead of being victims of horrific acts of violence, we're the instigators because we decide to run errands, wear shorts, bathing suits or do just about anything that might trigger some wacko to carry out his sick and sadistic desires. Nice... that makes me feel oh soooo good!

Blue
6/8/2007, 01:34 AM
Yes penguin insinuated BUT NOBODY ELSE HAS! It turned into a discussion of safety tips.

Keep wearing the skimpy stuff please. Ya look good.

Soonerus
6/8/2007, 01:36 AM
Yes penguin insinuated BUT NOBODY ELSE HAS! It turned into a discussion of safety tips.

Keep wearing the skimpy stuff please. Ya look good.

ggeeeezzzz, assine......

Blue
6/8/2007, 01:37 AM
ggeeeezzzz, assine......

STFU rus. You're a ****ing idiot. Give me a week off. It'll take that long for my brain to get right after reading this mind-numbing bs.

SoonerGirl06
6/8/2007, 01:39 AM
It turned into a discussion of safety tips.

I'm going to respectfully disagree with you on this point...

Ya look good.

And TOTALLY agree with you on this one. :D

Blue
6/8/2007, 01:42 AM
I'm going to respectfully disagree with you on this

It didn't turn into a discussion of precautions one might or might not take to avoid dangerous situations?

I must be ****ing retarded OR you two are wrong. I bet the latter. Make it a pole.

Soonerus
6/8/2007, 01:42 AM
STFU rus. You're a ****ing idiot. Give me a week off. It'll take that long for my brain to get right after reading this mind-numbing bs.

You are clearly a sexist and dumbass...take off if you need to get right,....

Blue
6/8/2007, 01:44 AM
You are clearly a sexist and dumbass...take off if you need to get right,....

Where, in any of my posts, do you get that I'm a sexist?

picasso
6/8/2007, 01:44 AM
I know I said that I would no longer enter into this discussion, but I can't help but really get upset over what Penguin wrote and what some of you guys are saying. IMO you're just not getting it.

I agree. Women need to take precautions and not put themselves into situations that may not be in their best interest... but come on...

Regarding Kelsey Smith: An 18 year old girl. Wearing skirt/shorts and a shirt, leaving Target in the early evening. How is this situation an unsafe environment? It's not. The man that abducted her was set on doing what it was he wanted to do to her. No matter what she was wearing, no matter where she was. He did this in broad daylight in a public area. He didn't care. His intentions were set and nothing was going to stop him.

Regarding Penguins comments: So women can't be attractive? If they are, they're setting themselves up to be harmed? We can no longer wear nice clothing and be fashionable as it might again bring us more harm? Hell, why don't we all just wear Burkas and then we won't have to worry about it. Yeah... that sounds reasonable. I'm sure your wives, girlfriends or daughters will totally go for that.

On a personal note: I've been out enjoying an evening with my friends, catching up on old times when a guy has approached me and made me feel very uncomfortable when he refused to accept my answer of "No" when he offers to buy me a drink. I don't dress in scantily clad clothing, seeking unwanted attention. On one occasion the manager had to have the man removed from the resturaunt because he started to become very aggressive. I was escorted to my car by the manager because of concern for my safety. IMO I did nothing to warrant this type of behavior from this guy.

Instead of being victims of horrific acts of violence, we're the instigators because we decide to run errands, wear shorts, bathing suits or do just about anything that might trigger some wacko to carry out his sick and sadistic desires. Nice... that makes me feel oh soooo good!
I'm sorry if this has offended you or any other woman reading this thread. I just don't understand how suggesting not wearing skanky clothing would be of some help.
That's not saying this poor girl from Missouri was, or that you were or any other victim.

A girl wearing hardly anything is going to get a guy's attention. Be it a hornball, a normal type or even a man of the cloth.

It's a sad natural fact.

Again, I am just as outraged as anyone over this and other happenings. It's a sad testament to our times.

Soonerus
6/8/2007, 01:45 AM
Your less than flattering opinion of women...for starters....

Blue
6/8/2007, 01:46 AM
Your less than flattering opinion of women...for starters....

Example?

Soonerus
6/8/2007, 01:47 AM
re-read your posts...not my problem...

Blue
6/8/2007, 01:49 AM
re-read your posts...not my problem...

Give me a ****in example. You accuse me of being a sexist and I say I'm not.

Be prepared to back it up when you call someone out.

picasso
6/8/2007, 01:50 AM
Jack Osborne called it sexualistic once. Maybe that's what he means.

Soonerus
6/8/2007, 01:53 AM
I just said your prior posts establish that fact...that's it, your insensitive posts speak for themselves, otherwise I won't spend the time trying to convince the unconvinceable.....

Blue
Just like I thought. You're full of **** and everyone knows it.

Find an insensitive post I made towards women. You can't do that either.

picasso
are we gonna stay up all night and do this?

Soonerus
6/8/2007, 01:55 AM
screw you guys you have clearly blamed the victim in the Overland Park murder....now try to crawl out of that position...irrelevant to me...

Blue
6/8/2007, 01:56 AM
I'll run this ****er into the ground...

Soonerus
6/8/2007, 01:57 AM
I'll run this ****er into the ground...

good ****ing luck junior...

SoonerGirl06
It didn't turn into a discussion of precautions one might or might not take to avoid dangerous situations?

I must be ****ing retarded OR you two are wrong. I bet the latter. Make it a pole.

IMO I didn't see it that way.

No, you're not a f*cking retard and no the two of us are not wrong. I have my views on the situation and what has been written and others obviously have different ones. But to tell me I'm wrong for feeling the way that I do is unfair.

I'm a pretty open minded individual.. I may not agree with someone, but I respectfully allow them to express their opinion... but I have to say, after reading some of the things that were posted on this board I felt that women were being attacked for being women and doing things that every citizen should be allowed to do. But that's my opinion... and I've expressed myself.

With that being said, I'm through with this discussion as it has turned into personal attacks instead of expression of opinions. I should never have posted again after saying I wasn't going to. My mistake and one I won't make again.

Ya'll have fun attacking each other and totally forgetting the ultimate tragedy of this situation. Someone's daughter, sister, and friend has been taken away from them. Never again will they be able to tell her "I love you" and hear the same from her. Never again will they be able to hold her hand, see her smile, give her a kiss or watch her blossom into a beautiful woman.

picasso
screw you guys you have clearly blamed the victim in the Overland Park murder....now try to crawl out of that position...irrelevant to me...
screw us??? assininistic!!!!!!!!!!

Blue
6/8/2007, 01:59 AM
good ****ing luck junior...

Whatever counselor. Sleep well with your clean "conscious."

Soonerus
6/8/2007, 01:59 AM
screw us??? assininistic!!!!!!!!!!

speak engla, chumley ???

picasso
6/8/2007, 02:00 AM
IMO I didn't see it that way.

No, you're not a f*cking retard and no the two of us are not wrong. I have my views on the situation and what has been written and others obviously have different ones. But to tell me I'm wrong for feeling the way that I do is unfair.

I'm a pretty open minded individual.. I may not agree with someone, but I respectfully allow them to express their opinion... but I have to say, after reading some of the things that were posted on this board I felt that women were being attacked for being women and doing things that every citizen should be allowed to do. But that's my opinion... and I've expressed myself.

With that being said, I'm through with this discussion as it has turned into personal attacks instead of expression of opinions. I should never have posted again after saying I wasn't going to. My mistake and one I won't make again.

Ya'll have fun attacking each other and totally forgetting the ultimate tragedy of this situation. Someone's daughter, sister, and friend has been taken away from them. Never again will they be able to tell her "I love you" and hear the same from her. Never again will they be able to hold her hand, see her smile, give her a kiss or watch her blossom into a beautiful woman.
yes, we've certainly forgotten all about the truly tragic murder.

again, I'm really sorry for suggesting girls try to keep themselves safe out there.

Soonerus
6/8/2007, 02:01 AM
Whatever counselor. Sleep well with your clean "conscious."

My conscious is very clear having not assumed silly positions....

Blue
6/8/2007, 02:04 AM
My conscious is very clear having not assumed silly positions....

heh.

picasso
6/8/2007, 02:06 AM
speak engla, chumley ???
now you're just being an insensitive sexualistical assininative person there Rus.

Soonerus
6/8/2007, 02:08 AM
now you're just being an insensitive sexualistical assininative person there Rus.

No you actually did not make any sense...deal with it...

picasso
6/8/2007, 02:09 AM
I was being nonsensicallistical?

Soonerus
6/8/2007, 02:10 AM
I was being nonsensicallistical?

makes about as much sense as the rest of your posts...

Octavian
6/8/2007, 02:11 AM
http://img99.imageshack.us/img99/6347/franronmv7.gif (http://imageshack.us)

picasso
6/8/2007, 02:11 AM
I agree.

whew, we finally found common ground.

I now have a clear confucious.

Soonerus
6/8/2007, 02:14 AM
http://img99.imageshack.us/img99/6347/franronmv7.gif (http://http://img99.imageshack.us/img99/6347/franronmv7.gif)

Not really appropriate in a murder thread IMO...

Blue
6/8/2007, 02:16 AM
And your not dead yet...

Soonerus
6/8/2007, 02:16 AM
And your not dead yet...

very funny....

Blue
6/8/2007, 02:17 AM
I thought it was.

Blue
6/8/2007, 02:18 AM
Last word!

Soonerus
6/8/2007, 02:19 AM
So it is revealed you are a last word freak...

Octavian
6/8/2007, 02:20 AM
Not really appropriate in a murder thread IMO...

yeah, cause before it was bursting at the seems with class and taste....

Blue
6/8/2007, 02:20 AM
Last word.!

Soonerus
6/8/2007, 02:22 AM
Last word freak.!

At least you admit it...

Blue
6/8/2007, 02:22 AM
last. word!

Soonerus
6/8/2007, 02:24 AM
I am a last. word freak to a retarded level!

I respect that you admit your weaknesses...

Blue
6/8/2007, 02:26 AM
http://www.acsu.buffalo.edu/~mrb25/images/the%20last%20word.jpg

Soonerus
6/8/2007, 02:27 AM
no weirdo...

Blue
6/8/2007, 02:28 AM
http://www.jpgr.co.uk/cbak4014_b.jpg

Soonerus
6/8/2007, 02:30 AM
Call a truce or we stay up until somebody drops...

Blue
6/8/2007, 02:30 AM
God gets the last word...TRUCE :D

http://data1.blog.de/blog/w/wulfweard/img/761.jpeg

Soonerus
6/8/2007, 02:32 AM
http://www.anthemdvd.com/catalog/truce/truce_poster.jpg

OU Adonis
6/8/2007, 02:45 AM
Unbelievable.

StoopTroup
6/8/2007, 03:10 AM
Checkout this cute fluffy bunny...

http://www.stevebroome.com/myspace/petbunny.jpg

LilSooner
6/8/2007, 05:01 AM
Ok I stopped reading after the 4th page because my eyes started bleeding from all the stupidity in this thread.

So let me get this straight, you boys are saying that if I wear my cheerleading shorts and a tank to target (which is exactly what she was wearing) that I'm going to set off some nutso guy and he is going to kill me? So, to avoid this pending doom via the evil cheerleading shorts I should not draw attention to myself I should cover my self in baggy *** clothing. Because otherwise I'm just asking for it. Right? Did I miss any of the stupidity?

I do believe the ****ing terrorist have won. Next you bastards will be telling what I can and can not do with my own damn body....oh wait.

Hand me the damn burka.

She was a child, I don't care if she was 18 she was still living at home under the care of her parents. She didn't deserve this and I hope that bastard rots in jail. Any person that can commit that type of act is just a pathetic waste of DNA.

I really hate this board most of the time.

Jerk
6/8/2007, 05:41 AM
Hey!! I'm ALL FOR women wearing tank tops and cheerleading shorts, so don't lump me in with all the losers here.

I'm going to take a 2nd and 3rd look. I can't help but do it. I just can't help it. But that's it. I'm married, and that's as far as it goes.

(hell, that's as far as it could go anyway, the way I'm looking)

Sooner in Tampa
6/8/2007, 05:55 AM
coffeyville was right...

stoopified
6/8/2007, 07:30 AM
Me too, so far nada.

picasso
6/8/2007, 08:23 AM
Ok I stopped reading after the 4th page because my eyes started bleeding from all the stupidity in this thread.

So let me get this straight, you boys are saying that if I wear my cheerleading shorts and a tank to target (which is exactly what she was wearing) that I'm going to set off some nutso guy and he is going to kill me? So, to avoid this pending doom via the evil cheerleading shorts I should not draw attention to myself I should cover my self in baggy *** clothing. Because otherwise I'm just asking for it. Right? Did I miss any of the stupidity?

I do believe the ****ing terrorist have won. Next you bastards will be telling what I can and can not do with my own damn body....oh wait.

Hand me the damn burka.

She was a child, I don't care if she was 18 she was still living at home under the care of her parents. She didn't deserve this and I hope that bastard rots in jail. Any person that can commit that type of act is just a pathetic waste of DNA.

I really hate this board most of the time.
bastards????

geez.

can people fly off the handle or what.

sooner_born_1960
6/8/2007, 08:35 AM

Whether we like it or not, there are crazies amongst us who, if they want to get your kid, can get your kid. As a father, I see nothing wrong with suggesting actions that make it less likely that they do so.

Best post in this whole thread.

colleyvillesooner
6/8/2007, 08:43 AM
This won't end well.

Hate to say I told you so but....

Told you so :D

Hamhock
6/8/2007, 08:45 AM
are all the mods dead or something? this thread should have been shot in the head yesterday.

soonervegas
6/8/2007, 09:11 AM
Here is my opinion. This was premeditated. He wasn't shopping at target, got a look at the cute girl in the short shorts/tank top, and decided to murder her. He was there specifically to find someone to attack. Probably some fetish involving young brunettes.

If she was in a t-shirt and shorts down to her knees she would still be dead today. Her "mistake" was being in the wrong place at the wrong time...not what she was wearing.

picasso
6/8/2007, 09:15 AM
Here is my opinion. This was premeditated. He wasn't shopping at target, got a look at the cute girl in the short shorts/tank top, and decided to murder her. He was there specifically to find someone to attack. Probably some fetish involving young brunettes.

If she was in a t-shirt and shorts down to her knees she would still be dead today. Her "mistake" was being in the wrong place at the wrong time...not what she was wearing.
I agree, and this is my last effort in this thread. I never said that any girl who wears skimpy clothes deserves that sort of thing or was asking for it.
I was speaking in general terms, not about the girl from MO.
I said, that, it does not help, when dealing with weirdos. I'm not sure I can type any slower.

yermom
6/8/2007, 09:16 AM
well, except that apparently he was her neighbor and was probably just stalking her

FaninAma
6/8/2007, 09:27 AM
I think there is another young woman who disappeared from the same area. I don't think it is coincidence.

I have 13 and 16 year old daughters. I have told them over and over again to be aware of their surroundings including the people around them. I have also told them that if somebody tries to shove them in a car that they should use every ounce of strength to fight and avoid being put in the car even if the lunatic has a weapon because the odds are overwhelming that if they are forced into the car then they are dead.

It's really sad and difficult to have to have conversations like that with your teenage daughters.

Sooner in Tampa
6/8/2007, 09:32 AM
Hate to say I told you so but....

Beat ya to it. ;)

coffeyville was right...

JohnnyMack
6/8/2007, 09:40 AM

To Target? To buy a birthday present? You cereal?

picasso
6/8/2007, 09:45 AM
To Target? To buy a birthday present? You cereal?
I dint mean the girl from Missourah!!!!!!!!!!

general terms, like running out to QT @ 10pm and such. it's dangerous sometimes!!!!

I don't like my old lady going out alone to get things at certain times of the evening.

JohnnyMack
6/8/2007, 10:00 AM
I for one think the whole "in this day and age" argument is kinda BS. Anyone remember what happened in that remote Kansas farmhouse in 1959? **** happens in all kinds of places and has for years, decades, hundreds of years prolly. I don't think this girl did anything wrong, I don't think she used poor judgment and I don't think she has 1 ounce of blame in this situation. If she had been out with two guys at some remote parking spot out on some lake late at night drinking and smoking and not ever come home I would say that she used poor judgment and that even though her demise wasn't entirely her fault that she probably could have prevented the outcome. But for a girl to drive to a ****ing Target in Goddamned Overland Park, Kansas of all places, dressed like just about every other 18 year old high school dresses in the summertime and insinuate that she did anything wrong is ****ing stupid. It's ****ing ludicrous. The blame in this situation lies 100% with the perp. No one else.

Partial Qualifier
6/8/2007, 10:09 AM
Wow!!

Picasso should get 4 stars for the effort, however in vain due to general stupidity & overreactions. Even Penguin's post is completely misunderstood by some. Who ever said she deserved to get killed?? Wow.

It may not fit your ideals and No, it's not fair nor is it her fault in any way, but the fact remains: if you're a retardo-hot 18 year old girl and you're out by yourself, wearing what's essentially sleepwear, you *may* attract the wrong kind of guy. Tragically for this young girl, the wrong guy was a sicko and obviously at the end of some ******-up rope.

yermom
6/8/2007, 10:18 AM
I for one think the whole "in this day and age" argument is kinda BS. Anyone remember what happened in that remote Kansas farmhouse in 1959? **** happens in all kinds of places and has for years, decades, hundreds of years prolly. I don't think this girl did anything wrong, I don't think she used poor judgment and I don't think she has 1 ounce of blame in this situation. If she had been out with two guys at some remote parking spot out on some lake late at night drinking and smoking and not ever come home I would say that she used poor judgment and that even though her demise wasn't entirely her fault that she probably could have prevented the outcome. But for a girl to drive to a ****ing Target in Goddamned Overland Park, Kansas of all places, dressed like just about every other 18 year old high school dresses in the summertime and insinuate that she did anything wrong is ****ing stupid. It's ****ing ludicrous. The blame in this situation lies 100% with the perp. No one else.

i was thinking the same thing, this **** happened when i was a kid, and before and still does

the only difference is the sensational media coverage 24-7 of anything passable as news, it's especially newsworthy when it's a hot young teenage girl

Partial Qualifier
6/8/2007, 10:19 AM
From start to finish, the whole deal with Kelsey just makes me sick to my stomach. They ought to let her dad perform whatever punishment he sees fit.