PDA

View Full Version : 2 UT O-tackles leaving

PAW
6/7/2007, 11:38 AM
Longhorns Offensive tackles Webb, Watts leaving (http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=2880813)

AUSTIN -- Two Texas freshmen offensive tackles, J'Marcus Webb and Roy Watts, are transferring, coach Mack Brown announced Wednesday.

Webb played in 12 games on the line and on special teams last season. Watts redshirted and did not play. In statements released by the team, both players said they wanted to find more playing time with another school.

"If I want to have an opportunity to play more my best chance is to transfer. Everyone has been very supportive at Texas and I'll always be pulling for them," Webb said.

A freshman who played in 12 games and on ST's leaving for more playing time? Hmmmmm.

I hope all of OU's line issues with people leaving are behind them. That was a nightmare. It just breaks my heart to see our friends south of the border facing some of the same things. ;)

Collier11
6/7/2007, 11:59 AM
Old News!!!

PAW
6/7/2007, 12:06 PM
It sure is . . . dated 5/23. Sorry folks, it was news to me.

jk the sooner fan
6/7/2007, 12:53 PM
i think Schmitty works for UT in the off season ;)

Collier11
6/7/2007, 01:41 PM
Maybe Kevin Wilson is over there running off guys

goingoneight
6/7/2007, 07:10 PM
Everyone was ****ed at KW and JS for all the dismissed OL here, but notice... since the departure of 3rd and LONG, no OL booted... well, none that follow NCAA rules, at least.