PDA

View Full Version : Any hillbillies live in the tri-city area?

Triumph
6/7/2007, 08:53 AM
The family and I are thinking about moving from the city to the Blanchard/Tuttle/Newcastle area. Are reasonings are smaller schools and maybe being able to afford more house/land for our money than in Edmond.

Anybody live in this area?

Any suggestions on schools, nice home neighborhoods, or good land for sale?

Hamhock
6/7/2007, 10:01 AM
has anyone outside of Blanchard/Tuttle/Newcastle ever referred to them as the tri-city area?

Zbird
6/8/2007, 11:45 PM
I thought that was Parsons, Cherryvale, and Independence.

Blue
6/8/2007, 11:53 PM
Ashland, Ky, Huntington,Wv, and Chesapeake, Oh. Good people, boring place.

Turd_Ferguson
6/9/2007, 01:51 AM
The family and I are thinking about moving from the city to the Blanchard/Tuttle/Newcastle area. Are reasonings are smaller schools and maybe being able to afford more house/land for our money than in Edmond.

Anybody live in this area?

Any suggestions on schools, nice home neighborhoods, or good land for sale?

The TF family lives in Newcastle. Nice neighborhood, great school as far as I'm concerned. I grew up in Blanchard, so I bleed mean maroon. Tuttle sucks, and the majority of the Newcaslte alumni are cockknockers. YWIA

OUHOMER
6/9/2007, 05:34 AM
I think Jason White did alright by Tuttle

oumartin
6/9/2007, 05:54 AM
isn't parsons like 45 miles from Independence? maybe Coffeyville, Indy and Cherryvale? ;) heck maybe tyro or South Coffeyville and Edna

Rogue
6/9/2007, 08:42 AM
Ashland, Ky, Huntington,Wv, and Chesapeake, Oh. Good people, boring place.

Nope, that's called the "tri-state" area. Otherwise I agree.

Not tri-city, but "Tri-Cities" is Johnson City, TN, Kingsport, TN, and Bristol TN/VA.

LilSooner
6/9/2007, 08:52 AM
Yes we refer to it as tricity, but when we say that we are really referring to area where the new super walmart, mcdonalds, and all the rest of that crap is.

I have lived in that area all my life, graduated from Blanchard the whole nine yards. I never liked Tuttle that much it's seem further out than Newcastle and B-town.

Newcastle doesn't really have a down town per se like Tuttle and Blanchard does.

Blanchard has 3 country clubs, 2 stop lights, and sonic with a volleyball court.

As far as schools go they are all pretty good. I got through OU just fine. Although if you are looking for sports Blanchard is probably the worst out of the three, but they just finally got rid of Coach Zinn so that's a really good thing if you have little girls who play basketball.

So there ya go. If you have any questions pm me.

stoopified
6/9/2007, 11:27 AM
has anyone outside of Blanchard/Tuttle/Newcastle ever referred to them as the tri-city area?
I thought we were talking about Ponca City-Bartlesville-Stillwater. :D

SleestakSooner
6/9/2007, 11:37 AM
I used to do land survey work in that area and I would have to say that Blanchard is your best bet out of the three. Unfortunately it is also the furthest away from OKC.

If you want something a bit closer there are some newer neighborhoods just south of the Mustang area in Tuttle that looked promising.

Whatever you decide... be VERY careful of the hicks in Newcastle and their lovely speed trap of a town. Blanchard will nab ya too but at least their "downtown" area is not five miles long!

RUSH LIMBAUGH is my clone!
6/9/2007, 01:22 PM
Blanchard has 3 COUNTRY CLUBS!!!!! 2 stop lights, and sonic....With three CC's don't they have to import people from out of town to keep them solvent?

RUSH LIMBAUGH is my clone!
6/9/2007, 01:24 PM
I thought that was Parsons, Cherryvale, and Independence.Richland, Pasco and Kennewick(WA)

Zbird
6/9/2007, 05:20 PM
isn't parsons like 45 miles from Independence? maybe Coffeyville, Indy and Cherryvale? ;) heck maybe tyro or South Coffeyville and Edna
Nope, about 20 -25 miles. The airport (Tri-City) "serving Parsons, Independece and Cherryvale" is located near Cherryvale, about midway between Parsons & Independence.

Okla-homey
6/9/2007, 06:20 PM
The "Tri-city Area" is Okmulgee-Morris-Schulter thankyouverymuch.;)

also in contention: Ardmore-Lone Grove-Wilson

Sooner_Bob
6/9/2007, 07:02 PM
I thought we were talking about Ponca City-Bartlesville-Stillwater. :D

Dude . . . that's a pretty big "tri" if you did actually include those three.

More like Pawnee, Skeedee, and Lone Chimney. :D

LilSooner
6/9/2007, 07:14 PM
With three CC's don't they have to import people from out of town to keep them solvent?

NO actually they all have houses on them. The third one isn't open yet, but it's Indian Ridge and is absolutely gorgeous.

Ike
6/9/2007, 08:37 PM
no, but they tell me I live in the tri-state area.

CORNholio
6/10/2007, 12:45 AM
Uhhhhh.....Seminole, Wewoka, Holdenville.......get it together people

oklaclarinet
6/10/2007, 07:38 AM
I did my student teaching in Blanchard a couple years ago, and it was a nice place. There was some new growth going on at the time, so I can imagine it has only continued, as it was becoming a popular commuter town. It really wasn't a bad drive to Norman or south OKC from there. And I will say the school is a nice school.