PDA

View Full Version : Mike Reed

rankin07
6/6/2007, 11:47 PM
Does anyone think he can have a Lance Mitchell type impact his first year like Mitchell did his first year? If he can our D will be even more special with so much talent all over.

goingoneight
6/6/2007, 11:52 PM
I think you and me have linebackers on the mind right now. I only really saw two great plays by Reed in the Spring Game, he looks the part so far... good size, speed, great tackler, etc. Hopefully he's a mean motherfarker who eats quarterbacks and shats aggies.

rankin07
6/6/2007, 11:59 PM
LOL ya man I think we are..but ya that one hit I saw him put on allan patrick in the spring game really got me pumped...I hope he can put those kind of hits on opponents all year long I feel he will be a special player before he leaves Oklahoma. Maybe a Butkus? Maybe too early to start talking about that but hey I see the potential.

goingoneight
6/7/2007, 12:04 AM
Let's just hope he's a butt-kicker, before we mention Butkus. :D

BASSooner
6/7/2007, 12:26 AM
speaking of mike reed, which also refers that he can tackle, will OUr team FINALLY start tackling opponents in the upcoming season?

Collier11
6/7/2007, 12:34 AM
If we start tackling then that means that we stop over-pursuing on every frickin play, why the hell would you want to do that :rolleyes:

:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

goingoneight
6/7/2007, 01:03 AM
:les: CUZ YOU GOTS TA PUT PRESSURE ON THE QUARTERBACK!!! DB'S AND ALL!!!

Collier11
6/7/2007, 02:08 AM
OUr biggest problem has not only been getting pressure on the qb, but also not letting a qb run around til he decides to make a play. I cant count the number of times we have a qb running scared but we just cant finish the play!

Rhino
6/7/2007, 10:26 AM
I don't think Reed will be as technically sound as Lance, but he'll bring the wood like Torrance.

jk the sooner fan
6/7/2007, 10:29 AM
I don't think Reed will be as technically sound as Lance, but he'll bring the wood like Torrance.

hopefully we dont have too many morning games

sorry, i wasnt able to resist posting that

soonerspudman
6/7/2007, 10:35 AM
OUr biggest problem has not only been getting pressure on the qb, but also not letting a qb run around til he decides to make a play. I cant count the number of times we have a qb running scared but we just cant finish the play!

Yep, just watch the Fiesta Bowl replays, the D usually broke the pocket down quickly, but Zabransky made many of his throws after evading the rush and moving up. This was a consistent vulnerability during the year. It can make a D-back look really bad, fact is it's really hard to cover when the QB has that kind of time and the receivers can re-direct their routes...

jk the sooner fan
6/8/2007, 12:16 AM
hopefully we dont have too many morning games

sorry, i wasnt able to resist posting that

dammit people, that was funny

Collier11
6/8/2007, 12:48 AM
dammit people, that was funny

I laughed when I read it the first time, throw in a good fart joke and youll captivate everyone though!! ;)

goingoneight
6/8/2007, 01:04 AM
I raff so harr... :D

stoopified
6/9/2007, 09:46 AM
:)