PDA

View Full Version : WHY does our D bite on trick plays so regularly?

soonernija
6/6/2007, 05:15 PM
WHY does our D bite on trick plays so regularly?

X and O answers only, please.

JohnnyMack
6/6/2007, 05:19 PM
Where's the N?

In your name.

OU Adonis
6/6/2007, 05:20 PM
Where can I get a boomer sooner ring tone?

Its

Very

Important

soonernija
6/6/2007, 05:29 PM
Where's the N?

In your name.

It's NIja for Niger not Ninja

XingTheRubicon
6/6/2007, 05:36 PM

Only God and David Caruso know why we fall victim to these incredibly unfair sandlot BS plays. Trick plays are immoral and should be downright illegal.

If you can't win while flashing the play call on the Jumbotron, and then out-executing the other guys....then whats the point.

Very similar to UT getting their *** kicked by Wazzu in their annual Holiday bowl. WSU was blitzing non stop and Mack Brown was quoted as saying "I could have sworn it was considered rude to blitz in a bowl game."

TopDawg
6/6/2007, 05:38 PM
Because they are tricky.

XingTheRubicon
6/6/2007, 05:38 PM
It's NIja for Niger not Ninja

There's aggies on this board that are really scratchin' their heads right now.

Do whaaaaaaaaaaat?

Rogue
6/6/2007, 05:45 PM
XXOOXXXOXOOOXXOOOOXXXOXOXOXOXXXOOXXXXOOXXXOOOOOOXX OOX

TripleOption14
6/6/2007, 05:47 PM
Simple. We have an aggressive attacking D. Sometimes they are too aggressive and they overpursue.

TheUnnamedSooner
6/6/2007, 05:49 PM
Simple. We have an aggressive attacking D. Sometimes they are too aggressive and they overpursue.

Exactly, and we don't bite on trick plays regularly, because trick plays are not ran regularly.

TopDawg
6/6/2007, 05:49 PM

Or, to put it in terms that he wants:

Simple. We have a lot of aggressive, attacking Xs. Sometimes the Xs are too aggressive in responding to the tricky moves of the Os and the Xs over-pursue.

TripleOption14
6/6/2007, 05:59 PM

Simple. We have a lot of aggressive, attacking Xs. Sometimes the Xs are too aggressive in responding to the tricky moves of the Os and the Xs over-pursue.

Or that. :D

Sooner74
6/6/2007, 06:18 PM
As someone mentioned earlier we overpursue. You will see alot of this through DE not keeping the outside or linebackers shooting a gap prematurely and that is why Trick Plays usually get most teams in College.

fadada1
6/6/2007, 06:26 PM
bring back roy williams - he's the trick play buster.

sanantoniosooner
6/6/2007, 06:29 PM
trick plays are sneaky.

Frozen Sooner
6/6/2007, 06:38 PM
We blitz a lot, and our DEs are taught to get upfield quickly. Since we haven't had a great DT in a couple of years, the interior of the line is open to cutback and reversal plays.

Geekboy
6/6/2007, 07:07 PM

Because X defensive linebacker follows O offensive receiver and X defensive lineman rushes in to crush O offensive quarterback and then X offensive running back sneaks the ball from quarterbacks hidden X+O hand (since the quarterbacks hand now falls into the X/O category) and all defensive X's and O's are looking for the wideout throw and................

Damn bastards! Trick plays should be outlawed! Trick plays just seem to work too much and they illegally trick the defense and damnit......it's just not fair!!!!!! It tricks the network cameraman and it tricks the crowd and everybody is confused and it's just not fair!!!! And sometimes it tricks the officials. It's just too bizarre and it aggravates everybody. Even the team that pulls off the trick play.......it irratates them also because they sometimes don't even know what the Hell is going on!!! ;)

Scott D
6/6/2007, 07:11 PM
it's that damned bo pellini! :D

Herr Scholz
6/6/2007, 07:26 PM
bring back roy williams - he's the trick play buster.
Not for the Cowboys. ;)

Soonerman08
6/6/2007, 10:05 PM
it's that damned bo pellini! :D

I'm convinced he hated coaching here. He didn't do **** for our defense and once he left....wow we actually learned how to cover guys and actually play man coverage. Not 10 yards off the LOS to where the receiver can break up field for a 15 yard gain before we stop them. Some of you guys will just say that our defense has just been as crappy the past few years after he left but the biggest problem here is the lack of playmakers on the defensive line. Hopefully we change that with Granger and McCoy.

goingoneight
6/6/2007, 11:04 PM
Because while good and nationally ranked, not every defense can be as dynamic as OU's 2000-2003 units were. Same goes for offense and ST. We'll be okay, eventually.

snp
6/6/2007, 11:05 PM
They're tricky to defend because you usually don't expect them and we also overpursue.

XOXOXO
<3 SNP

goingoneight
6/6/2007, 11:53 PM
They're tricky to defend because you usually don't expect them and we also overpursue.

XOXOXO
<3 SNP

Nice, with the heart and sig... :D

batonrougesooner
6/7/2007, 08:09 AM

In a genetic sense, we have a bunch of aggressive Y's. It's the Y's doing the attacking. The X's are nesting and raising baby Y's.

Ash
6/7/2007, 09:52 AM
Because they don't have swagger. If they had swagger, trick plays would never work. You see, because swagger hits the gap, stays at home, breaks at the right time, pressures the QB, disrupts the timing...you know, swagger.

sanantoniosooner
6/7/2007, 05:51 PM
Basically it's Paul Thompson's fault our defense bites on trick plays.

It should stop now.

starrca23
6/7/2007, 06:05 PM
Im having a hard time remembering trick plays outside of the last game of the year. Also, everyone wants to beat OU so they pull out all of the stops.

stoopified
6/8/2007, 10:55 AM
Its Bob Stoops' dirty little secret. :)

PLaw
6/10/2007, 10:13 AM

Lack of dicipline, period. If you want to find the root cause of any problem, you need to look upstream. In this case, position coach and then D-coordinator.

Boomer
PLaw

sanantoniosooner
6/10/2007, 02:43 PM
I thought we had progressed beyond serious replies at this point.

I guess I was wrong.

Newbomb Turk
6/10/2007, 02:51 PM
I thought we had progressed beyond serious replies at this point.

I guess I was wrong.

It happens a lot...you being wrong that is.

Sooner98
6/10/2007, 03:13 PM
If Mike Stoops were here, the D would NEVER bite on trick plays. It's his fault for leaving.

Also, why does "so regularly" always seem to mean "the last one game that we played"?

Jimminy Crimson
6/10/2007, 03:13 PM
They're hungry.

And stuff.

Jimminy Crimson
6/10/2007, 03:15 PM
If Mike Stoops were here, the D would NEVER bite on trick plays. It's his fault for leaving.

I asked some Zona fans who were in town for the WCWS last week how they like Mikey. They said we can have him back...

OKAY! :cool:

Ash
6/10/2007, 03:18 PM
So if Mike Stoops came back and the defense still bit on some trick plays...then who do we blame?

Newbomb Turk
6/10/2007, 03:20 PM
So if Mike Stoops came back and the defense still bit on some trick plays...then who do we blame?

Eric Bassey.

usmc-sooner
6/10/2007, 03:24 PM
Chuck "The Iceman" Long

Ash
6/10/2007, 03:32 PM
Eric Bassey.

Aha, duly noted.

Ditto, USMC-Sooner.

go48
6/10/2007, 03:40 PM
Here's the good news...we haven't bit on a trick play in over 5 months!

Frozen Sooner
6/10/2007, 04:23 PM
We don't really bite on that many trick plays, by the way. It just seems that way because teams tend to run a lot of trick plays at us, as they're unable to match up size and speed-wise.

Remember the Missouri game? We stopped four straight gimmick-type plays from the two.

usmc-sooner
6/10/2007, 04:31 PM
We don't really bite on that many trick plays, by the way. It just seems that way

that is almost a John Madden quote. :D :D

LittleWingSooner
6/10/2007, 04:49 PM
If teams weren't really tricked by trick plays then they wouldn't be trick plays. Even the best teams will get fooled by em. You can't really stop that. Also no one ever remembers the trick plays that don't work.

Frozen Sooner
6/10/2007, 05:24 PM
that is almost a John Madden quote. :D :D

Well, you know. I'm just saying a lot of teams try trick plays on us-moreso than most. That's why we have so many that succeed-20% of 100 is more than 20% of 10.

usmc-sooner
6/10/2007, 05:51 PM
Well, you know. I'm just saying a lot of teams try trick plays on us-moreso than most. That's why we have so many that succeed-20% of 100 is more than 20% of 10.

I don't know why you didn't go into coaching :D