PDA

View Full Version : Antwone Savage

rankin07
6/6/2007, 03:32 PM
http://www.spokaneshock.com/news/index.html?article_id=142

Ya this is an old article I think he's with the Dallas Desperados right now but I always thought Savage was a great receiver here made great plays when we needed them.

rankin07
6/6/2007, 03:44 PM
http://www.arenafan.com/players/?page=players&player=3799

Looks like Curtis Fagan is doing great as well he and Savage are 2 of the most underappreciated receivers I think in OU history they did alot of the years they were here esp over the NC run.

BermudaSooner
6/6/2007, 03:49 PM
8) Look into your crystal ball. Tell me how many wins the Sooners will have at the end of the season. How about a Bowl game? Which one?

Answer: 7-4, Cotton Bowl

WHAT??? How about a little love Antwone. I can forgive the silly comment about the AF2 championship being better than the OU National Championship (sort of), but 7-4? Come on.

rankin07
6/6/2007, 03:55 PM
haha i didn't understand those answers either i know he answered the AF2 championship to please their fans but dang 7-4? u got to have a lot more confidence in your old team man!

MiccoMacey
6/6/2007, 03:56 PM
One of my all-time favorite players.

Possibly the best player Stoops brought with him when he came to OU.

He made a ton of plays for us. If I remember right, he was one of our few true high-profile WRs we had when Stoops came to OU. We had to use a bunch of converted players to fill the gap.

soonerinabilene
6/6/2007, 04:15 PM
8) Look into your crystal ball. Tell me how many wins the Sooners will have at the end of the season. How about a Bowl game? Which one?

WHAT??? How about a little love Antwone. I can forgive the silly comment about the AF2 championship being better than the OU National Championship (sort of), but 7-4? Come on.
Well, in all fairness, his crystal ball is broken because we play 12 reg season games, so its not his fault.

stonecoldsoonerfan
6/6/2007, 04:29 PM
One of my all-time favorite players.

Possibly the best player Stoops brought with him when he came to OU.

He made a ton of plays for us. If I remember right, he was one of our few true high-profile WRs we had when Stoops came to OU. We had to use a bunch of converted players to fill the gap.

i believe that savage was an option qb in h.s. if i'm not mistaken.

nativesooner
6/6/2007, 05:47 PM

That he was....He even ran a little option QB in one of the spring games and for about 5 seconds they lined up in the wishbone, but checked out of it.

sooneron
6/6/2007, 08:56 PM
Yeah, but Blake prolly offered him a scholly for linebacker!

Antwone was my favorite of the group from those days. His KO return against Dallas was key to us taking the lead before the half and winning the game in 02.

MiccoMacey
6/6/2007, 09:01 PM
My bad...I always thought he was a true WR.

Still one of my all-time favorite Sooners.

sooneron
6/6/2007, 10:34 PM
My bad...I always thought he was a true WR.

Still one of my all-time favorite Sooners.
I'm pretty sure he was recruited as an athlete or WR, not qb.

okienole3
6/6/2007, 11:01 PM
I remember an article in the Oklahoman profiling the OU receivers. It was either 99 or 00. The title of the article was "High Flyers" and it had a picture of those guys wearing suits and walking through the airport, looking at cell phones. It was a cool pic. Does anyone else remember and/or have that picture to post?

picasso
6/9/2007, 08:52 AM
Antwone caught a 3rd and 10 pass on the sideline late at aTm in '00, drug his back foot just in bounds.

sweetness.

King Crimson
6/9/2007, 09:50 AM
in the message board days of Yore, i was always a big fan of the unrestrained delirium of this type post re: Antwone:

"he played QB in HS and they've been showing an option look with AS at QB in practice."

TopDawg
6/9/2007, 08:27 PM

We had already lost two games when that story ran, right?

LittleWingSooner
6/9/2007, 10:16 PM
That was posted in October of last year. We had lost 1 or 2 games at that time. I think most were thinking 4 losses was about right at that time.