PDA

View Full Version : ESPN 150 just came out

snp
6/6/2007, 01:17 PM
http://insider.espn.go.com/ncf/recruiting/tracker/espn150?univLogin02=stateChanged&action=upsell&appRedirect=http%3a%2f%2finsider.espn.go.com%2fncf %2frecruiting%2ftracker%2fespn150%3funivLogin02%3d stateChanged

:rolleyes:

jccouger
6/6/2007, 01:23 PM
They are the first people I've seen rank Daniel Franklin high.

fwsooner22
6/6/2007, 02:20 PM
Thanks SNP..........

SOONER STEAKER
6/6/2007, 02:36 PM
Saw the Staley kid from Guthrie on the list at #77. Have we offered him? If so, who else is recruiting him?

rankin07
6/6/2007, 03:24 PM
i counted 12 players on that list that OU has a good chance of landing or have already committed

Jalal23V
6/6/2007, 06:17 PM
How come we went after Landry Jones compared to Pryor or other stud QB prospects. Isn't time we go after another 5-star QB? Or is Stoops nervous? We keep going after 5-star RB's.

Jones is a stud I admit, but Pryor looks like a beast.

bixby28
6/6/2007, 06:37 PM
Jones had a monster jr. season. Forgive me if i'm off a touchdown or two, but he threw 45tds with only 9 interceptions. Obviously the guy has a monster arm and, from his highlight clip, can scramble well for a 6'5" QB.

I think Jason White was a 4 star out of Tuttle in '99. The differences in a 4 **** recruit and a 5 ***** recruit have yet to be explained to me, but I wouldn't put much stock in the star rating, Jalal23V. :)
In the end, it comes down to performance on gameday.

SOONER STEAKER
6/6/2007, 06:47 PM
I believe Landry Jones is a drop back passer and Pryor runs the spread offense. Plus, one is dong it at a bg school and one is doing against 2A competition.

BASSooner
6/6/2007, 07:16 PM
How come we went after Landry Jones compared to Pryor or other stud QB prospects. Isn't time we go after another 5-star QB? Or is Stoops nervous? We keep going after 5-star RB's.

3 reasons:

1) no more prima donna

2)he made it clear that he wants to play 2 sports(now at OU, we love our football athletes to stay committed to playing this sport and we all know why)

3)Heupel doesn't allow scrambling from his QBs, he would get yelled at every practice and game

The Consumate Showman
6/6/2007, 08:29 PM
3 reasons:

1) no more prima donna

2)he made it clear that he wants to play 2 sports(now at OU, we love our football athletes to stay committed to playing this sport and we all know why)

3)Heupel doesn't allow scrambling from his QBs, he would get yelled at every practice and game

Good assessment. To elaborate, Landry is a stand-up kind of guy. He is VERY level headed, a great student, and willing to do the work necessary to prepare himself for college life...tack on the fact that he is greatly gifted and can chunk the effin' pigskin, and you get why we arrived at Mr. Jones. I will say that he will be Keith Nichol's successor at OU - at least that seems to be the plan - and we will see a lot of "Jason Whiteish" play calling with LJ.

MojoRisen
6/6/2007, 08:47 PM
What do you think we do with Bradford, Nichol and Jones.

I thought we promised Nichol not to bring in any other QB's this next recruiting class???

Assuming he doesn't beat out Bradford and Bradford has a huge year - do they transfer??? Do people think Nichol is ultimately going to be better than Bradford .... ??

arklahoman36
6/6/2007, 10:36 PM
What do you think we do with Bradford, Nichol and Jones.

I thought we promised Nichol not to bring in any other QB's this next recruiting class???

Assuming he doesn't beat out Bradford and Bradford has a huge year - do they transfer??? Do people think Nichol is ultimately going to be better than Bradford .... ??

My understanding was the promise to Nichols was not to bring in any other QB in the '07 class, not '08. To promise not to bring in another QB prospect in '08 would just be cutting your own throat.

I think anyone that says they have a good idea about how things will shake out at QB right now, is full of shiot.

Why even worry about who might transfer, when you can sit back and what to see who will rise to the top and lead.

snp
6/6/2007, 10:54 PM
Saw the Staley kid from Guthrie on the list at #77. Have we offered him? If so, who else is recruiting him?

He'll be a national guy. LSU, Michigan, Tennessee has interest, etc. And yes, we have.

Can't go after everyone every year. We needed a for-sure QB signing this year. Couldn't risk getting burned for Pryor.

3 reasons:

1) no more prima donna

1) I'm not sure how much of a prima donna he is. I haven't heard of anything and why shouldn't he be cocky? He's a 5* in two sports.

2) For a QB, I agree - the staff would never let them play both sports. But Kirkendoll wanted to play both sports last year and they seemed willing. Brandon Jones played baseball.

3) Heupel doesn't call the plays and many of us think that once Wilson finally gets his QB in place we'll see lots of running from the QB. I don't see how they DON'T run with Nichol.

LiL10(s)ArEaJoKe
6/7/2007, 08:16 AM
Jones had a monster jr. season. Forgive me if i'm off a touchdown or two, but he threw 45tds with only 9 interceptions. Obviously the guy has a monster arm and, from his highlight clip, can scramble well for a 6'5" QB.

I think Jason White was a 4 star out of Tuttle in '99. The differences in a 4 **** recruit and a 5 ***** recruit have yet to be explained to me, but I wouldn't put much stock in the star rating, Jalal23V. :)

Earned two letters in both football and baseball ... Was the starting varsity quarterback for two seasons (1993-94) and completed 236 of 447 passes (52.8 percent) for 3,702 yards and 31 touchdowns during his high school career ... Drafted in the 18th round of the 1995 Major League Baseball draft as a catcher by the Montreal Expos, was drafted by the New England Patriots in the sixth round (199th overall) of the 2000 NFL draft .

Not great high school stats, wouldnt even say that would earn him a 3 star rating 3700 yards in two seasons, but to say Tom Brady is not a stud is just stupid. If we can find a QB that can run our system, then him will be a star....

So bixby I'd have to agree if we get a no star QB that can run our OFF and win games then GREAT!!!!!

KingDavid
6/9/2007, 04:29 PM
They are the first people I've seen rank Daniel Franklin high.

Pretty interesting that Franklin could be top 50 at ESPN and not even in the Rivals 250 (I don't think he is, is he?). Oh well!

The Consumate Showman
6/9/2007, 10:57 PM
Pretty interesting that Franklin could be top 50 at ESPN and not even in the Rivals 250 (I don't think he is, is he?). Oh well!

FWIK, people's minds will start to change when they go see Daniel in person. He is a B E A S T on the field.

starrca23
6/10/2007, 03:44 PM
Franklin has been a die hard OU commit and I think that has kept his offers down. That may have something to do with the low ranking. I don't care what he is ranked...we can use him. It would be nice to see him and Ryan R. play togther someday.

The Consumate Showman
6/10/2007, 04:17 PM
Franklin has been a die hard OU commit and I think that has kept his offers down. That may have something to do with the low ranking. I don't care what he is ranked...we can use him. It would be nice to see him and ARTHUR BROWN play together someday.

Fixed...at least as fas as my wish list goes ;) .

Ash
6/10/2007, 05:18 PM
I believe Landry Jones is a drop back passer and Pryor runs the spread offense. Plus, one is dong it at a bg school and one is doing against 2A competition.

This guy played at a small high school in NM....wonder whatever happened to him.

http://img217.imageshack.us/img217/9016/urlacherlg7.jpg

goingoneight
6/10/2007, 08:29 PM

Jason White = ****, 27-4 as a starter, Heisman trophy winnar, you know the story.

Rhett Bomar = *****, you know the story.

KingDavid
6/10/2007, 09:46 PM
This guy played at a small high school in NM....wonder whatever happened to him.

http://img217.imageshack.us/img217/9016/urlacherlg7.jpg

nice. spek.