PDA

View Full Version : Public Service Announcement

Widescreen
6/6/2007, 12:31 PM
Always wear eye protection when edging. I look like something from a horror movie today. For those of you that saw the movie Blade, the scene at the end where all those vampire spirits pass through Frost and his eyes turn blood red. Yeah, that's me today. :(

proud gonzo
6/6/2007, 01:08 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NBbeGSGck8A

Widescreen
6/6/2007, 03:29 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NBbeGSGck8A
That's awesome.

If anyone's interested, here's a pic of the eye (I'm not kidding. If you have a weak stomach, you may not want to look).

http://img64.imageshack.us/img64/5707/0606071516nz0.jpg

proud gonzo
6/6/2007, 04:11 PM
eww, i don't think i want to hear the full story on this one.

Widescreen
6/6/2007, 04:17 PM
Sidewalk Edging. Rock. Eye. Pain.

That's the quick version.

achiro
6/6/2007, 05:16 PM
Sidewalk Edging. Rock. Eye. Pain. I'm a wuss

That's the quick version.
ok

Widescreen
6/6/2007, 05:23 PM
I so wish I could throw a rock through the innerweb at your eye right now.

royalfan5
6/6/2007, 06:01 PM
Do you have to wear a patch? I injured my eye clearing old barbwire fences in high school when I got a sharp woody weed in my eye, and I had to have my eye covered in gauze and it taped in place. I scared small children.

olevetonahill
6/6/2007, 06:05 PM
Just rub some dirt in it . It will be ok .

Widescreen
6/6/2007, 06:31 PM
Do you have to wear a patch? I injured my eye clearing old barbwire fences in high school when I got a sharp woody weed in my eye, and I had to have my eye covered in gauze and it taped in place. I scared small children.
No, my wife wants me to wear one because I'm grossing her out. Plus she wants to call me the pirate.

Just rub some dirt in it . It will be ok .
Not to worry. I'm pretty sure the rock had some dirt on it when it impacted my eye.

olevetonahill
6/6/2007, 07:08 PM
No, my wife wants me to wear one because I'm grossing her out. Plus she wants to call me the pirate.

Not to worry. I'm pretty sure the rock had some dirt on it when it impacted my eye.
Good jorb on the dirt :D
No get that patch on and Play Pirate and the Booty :D

soonerboomer93
6/6/2007, 07:14 PM
someone missed Mongo's ode to his weedeater thread...

Newbomb Turk
6/6/2007, 07:17 PM
get that patch on and Play Pirate and the Booty :D

this is sound advice.

SoonerInKCMO
6/6/2007, 07:43 PM
That's awesome.

If anyone's interested, here's a pic of the eye (I'm not kidding. If you have a weak stomach, you may not want to look).

http://img64.imageshack.us/img64/5707/0606071516nz0.jpg

I ain't lookin' at that. Nothing grosses me out more than eyeball stuff. I accidentally poked myself in the eye with my car key and couldn't look in the mirror for days.

On the bright side, you might end up as an amusing curiosity in your optometrist's office like I did. The last time I was there, my optometrist called in her new tech to look at the cool veins in my eyeball. Her reaction: "Ewwwwww, that nasty!" :texan:

soonerboomer93
6/6/2007, 08:08 PM
http://www.soonerfans.com/forums/showthread.php?t=93780

C&CDean
6/6/2007, 08:48 PM
I ain't lookin' at that. Nothing grosses me out more than eyeball stuff. I accidentally poked myself in the eye with my car key and couldn't look in the mirror for days.

On the bright side, you might end up as an amusing curiosity in your optometrist's office like I did. The last time I was there, my optometrist called in her new tech to look at the cool veins in my eyeball. Her reaction: "Ewwwwww, that nasty!" :texan:

This cracked me up. Cause it reminded me of a time in the mountains in Colorado.

Early one morning I stalked a young mule deer buck during black powder season. He was in some aspens, and the only shot I had between the trees was a neck/head shot. So, I drop to one knee, wait for him to step forward into the gap between the trees, and BAM, he goes down like he was hit with a shovel.

He rolls down the mountain and piles up about 20 yards away. I go over to him, and I see that the bullet hit him behind the left ear and exited out through his right eye. The eyeball was perfectly intact, but was hanging by a thread down on his cheek. Anyhow, I go to gutting the deer, and my brother comes up. Now my brother is a mountain man's mountain man. He makes me look like Willy Wonka. He's been belly deep in the guts of many a elk, deer, hog, moose, bear, etc. I don't know anybody who can gut an animal quicker/cleaner than him.

Since I still had an elk tag to fill I said "why don't you haul him down to camp, and I'll go up the mountain and see if I can kill an elk." He goes "sure," and rolls him over to start dragging him out. Then he sees the eyeball. He goes "jeezus man, get that ****ing eye out of here." I go "just pull it off." He reaches down and touches the eye and does this little girly dance and jerks back his hand. He's going "ewww ewww" and I'm cracking up. Seriously I'm laying on the ground laughing. He goes "get it off, get it off!! that ****er is staring right at me!!" Here's a hardcore mountain man shaking his hands and hopping up and down like a little kid. Cracked. Me. Up.

It still makes for a great story around the hunting camp fire. He says he still has dreams about that eyeball staring at him.

BigRedJed
6/6/2007, 09:04 PM
Hee hee.

Oh, and that reminds ME of a story. I'm in Dallas, maybe 16 or 17 years ago, gettin' my rock on at Club Da Da in Deep Ellum, before DE turned into a gridlocked yuppie/patchouli-stinking-hippie POS. We were seeing a band called Ten Hands, which IMO was on their way to being legendary. We saw them often during this time. They soon broke up, however, and reformed in part as a band lots of people around here will probably remember, Billygoat.

So anyway, I'm doing my little alternatard dance up front, and this girl starts dancing with me out of the blue. I'm giving her the sly cruise with my eyeballs. She was OK, but a little odd looking. That's alright, I thought, odd looking is sortof the norm around here. Plus, another couple of bottles of Bud Dry, and she'll look great.

So we're sort of dancing and grooving, and finally she leans over, coming in close, looking me in the eye, and says in all earnestness... "ah kin gut a deer."

I know, I know, my story's nowhere as good as Dean's.

SoonerInKCMO
6/6/2007, 09:56 PM
I know, I know, my story's nowhere as good as Dean's.

Hell, it's barely as good as mine. ;)

BigRedJed
6/6/2007, 09:57 PM
Man, I guess it sucks worse than I thought. ;)

StoopTroup
6/7/2007, 03:33 AM
http://homepage.mac.com/rmansfield/thislamp/files/page0_blog_entry204_1.jpg

olevetonahill
6/7/2007, 04:03 AM
Let ur Thumbnail Grow way out , get in a street fight , Take said Thumbnail , pop dudes Eyeball out , Fight OVER .
And Like Dean said It just kinda dangles by a thread . :eek:
Or so Ive heard !

Widescreen
6/7/2007, 08:35 AM
http://homepage.mac.com/rmansfield/thislamp/files/page0_blog_entry204_1.jpg
He was wearing eye protection. Plus, when he did it at least he was doing something fun, like taking down Black Bart.