PDA

View Full Version : OU Alumni Association

Petro-Sooner
6/6/2007, 11:31 AM
Anyone a member? If so would you recommend joining?

BajaOklahoma
6/6/2007, 12:19 PM
Mr. Baja and I joined after we graduated - Lifetime Membership for $100.00 :D Really. I still have the card - faling apart and yellowed though it is.
In the old days, it helped you get better seats.
I love the quarterly magazine.
And we have OU alumni email addresses. Forever. :D

TheUnnamedSooner
6/6/2007, 12:27 PM
I just use the alumni.ou.edu address, that's about it.

Petro-Sooner
6/6/2007, 12:31 PM
$100, good grief. When did you join? Single lifelong membership now is $750 and $1000 for joint members. I've seen the Sooner Magazine and thought it was good. Bout the only reason I am considering joining is for the magazine. But for $25 a year for new grads I'm not sure I want it that bad. We'll see.

PhxSooner
6/6/2007, 12:44 PM
We joined right after graduation, and then let it lapse after a few years. We haven't done much out here with the alumni, and we were able to go to watch parties without being members. Oh, but we did get some nice stickers to put on the back of the cars so I can find them easily in parking lots.:D

Are you staying in OK? It may be more beneficial to you guys closer to home.

BajaOklahoma
6/6/2007, 12:44 PM
When we graduated, $100 was equal to our monthly rent for a two bedroom house in the Village.
Gas was under or around 50 cents a gallon - highway robbery!
Minimum wage was around $1.50/hour
I think we paid $14.00/credit hour too!
So a $100 for me and a $100 for Mr. was a bunch of money.

Believe it or not, one day you too will talk about the good old days.

PhxSooner
6/6/2007, 12:46 PM
Believe it or not, one day you too will talk about the good old days.

Maybe that's my problem out here. Most of the alumni I've met went to OU Law, not undergrad, so I really have nothing in common with them.

Petro-Sooner
6/6/2007, 01:04 PM
I'm staying in OK. I've been to their site and saw what comes along with being a member but most of it would not apply or benefit me cause I dont see myself being involved much. Just looking for the magazine. I think I've answered my own question. :D I was just curious if others are actually involved and there opinions of it.