PDA

View Full Version : No HD for ABC

yukonsooner
6/6/2007, 10:46 AM
I called Cox yesterday and asked what we could do to get ABC in HD before football season. They told me it wasn't their fault, that they were wanting the HD service, but ABC (KOCO) was the hold up. Which I really don't understand since ABC and ESPN are affiliated. Do any of you have the real scoop? I really hate to switch to the Dish, but that might me my only alternative since ABC will be broadcasting so many of our games.

JohnnyMack
6/6/2007, 11:01 AM
You could move to Tulsa.

:pop:

trey
6/6/2007, 11:04 AM
get directv

auto
6/6/2007, 11:18 AM
get directv

DirecTV does not offer HD on ABC in Dallas:mad: I dumped their sorry ***.

ADs_Agent
6/6/2007, 11:26 AM
KOCO is a joke over all this, they are trying to make a profit from the cable companies to broadcast HD, when I KOCO KFOR etc don't make a profit on broadcasting local HD.

IronSooner
6/6/2007, 11:50 AM
Is KOCO not broadcasting ABC HD over the air?

TheUnnamedSooner
6/6/2007, 11:53 AM
I think Crawfish has a solution for the bastards.

OKLA21FAN
6/6/2007, 11:54 AM
dish network > direct TV

and oh yea

Tulsa > OKC

:pop:

bri
6/6/2007, 11:56 AM
Wait, you guys don't have all the broadcast network affiliates broadcasting in HD? Damn.

But hey, at least you've got a big concrete wang statue!

fwsooner22
6/6/2007, 11:58 AM

I got all last season in Forth Worth using DirecTV..........now DirecTV does have its problems......I would not have it if my cable company had the MLB package............that's another story

MiccoMacey
6/6/2007, 12:44 PM
Seeing as how KOCO is not broadcasting HD in OKC or DFW unless it's of a VIP, shouldn't we keep the PC on the QT 'cause if it leaks to the VC he could end up an MIA and then we'd all get put on the KP."

My thanks to Robin Williams.

:D

Soonermagik
6/6/2007, 01:00 PM
I have considered switching, but I am comfortable with cox. It ****es me off to not have our games in HD!! They have had over a year to work this problem out and still no solution. I may end up switching if this is going to be a permanent problem.

OUDoc
6/6/2007, 01:12 PM
Cable-fixer-guy told me 6 months ago that they'd worked it out and it should be back on soon. I don't think he was right.

FtwTxSooner
6/6/2007, 01:40 PM
From what I remember from last year, not all the ABC games were in HD anyway, especially the regional day games. Any idea of that will change this year?

Taxman71
6/6/2007, 02:00 PM
In OKC metro, it is a double whammy b/c neither ABC nor Fox is offered in HD by Cox. You must have an OTA antenna to watch these games (which works great), but you lose DVR capability. Last year, every BCS bowl was on Fox while most of the big regular season games were ABC. So the antenna was a life saver.

I have hopes for ABC coming aboard on Cox, but my people say Fox will never be in HD on Cox under Fox's local ownership (Sinclair?). Apparently, the local affiliates have the bargaining power and say-so in this issue.

MiccoMacey
6/6/2007, 02:46 PM
And again, this is why Tulsa is better than OKC.

HD=Hands Down

:D

ADs_Agent
6/6/2007, 03:12 PM
the owner of KOCO (who lives in Florida) wants to charge everyone in OKC to use HD, he's a joke of a human being, since no one in OKC or most of the USA charges for it, all he's doing is making his customers mad.

OU Adonis
6/6/2007, 04:19 PM
Fox and CW will begin broadcasting in HD again, maybe as soon as this weekend(Not 100% certain, but soon). There was an agreement reached between Sinclair (Fox/CW owners in OKC) and Cox.

Boomer.....
6/6/2007, 04:28 PM
:P

OUstud
6/6/2007, 07:05 PM
In OKC CW and Fox are 711 and 712 now. It got added sometime this afternoon because it wasn't there this morning but it was at 5:30 or so.

Soonermagik
6/6/2007, 08:36 PM
In OKC metro, it is a double whammy b/c neither ABC nor Fox is offered in HD by Cox. You must have an OTA antenna to watch these games (which works great), but you lose DVR capability. Last year, every BCS bowl was on Fox while most of the big regular season games were ABC. So the antenna was a life saver.

I have hopes for ABC coming aboard on Cox, but my people say Fox will never be in HD on Cox under Fox's local ownership (Sinclair?). Apparently, the local affiliates have the bargaining power and say-so in this issue.

Fox is finally in HD on channel 712 cox cable. :)

Hunyock
6/6/2007, 09:17 PM
In Omaha we have Cox Cable as well, the ABC affiliate puts their HD over the airwaves. You can pick it up with an antenna. But you have to switch back and forth from cable.

Taxman71
6/7/2007, 08:50 AM
Fox is finally in HD on channel 712 cox cable. :)

What that the odd channell between ESP-HD and CBS? Cool.

Husker In Oklahoma
6/7/2007, 11:41 AM
Is KOCO not broadcasting ABC HD over the air?
Yes. Channel 5.1 with an antenna. Comes in clear as a whistle at my house. The only drawback is switching from cable to antenna.

okienole3
6/7/2007, 07:33 PM
thank this guy

http://www.cox.com/oklahoma/presscenter/Bialis_Dave2.jpg